Konidela Varun Tej, popularly known as Varun Tej is a popular Indian actor, producer and model who mainly works in Telugu films. He is one of the most famous actors who came to prominence for his amazing roles in Fidaa (2017), Tholi Prema (2018), F2: Fun and Frustration (2019) and Gaddalakonda Ganesh (2019). He made his debut as the lead in the film Mukunda (2014). He later starred in the critically acclaimed war film Kanche (2015), directed by Krish.
Varun Tej rose to prominence for his portrayal of “Dhupati Haribabu,” the grandson of a poor barber who falls in love with Seethadevi and later goes on to star in Krish’s World War II film “Kanche.”His role in the movie was critically acclaimed and he has become a household name since then. Varun is a versatile actor like his father, Nagendra Babu. He was nominated for the South Indian International Movie Awards, Zee Telugu Golden Awards, Zee Cine Awards Telugu, and South Indian International Movie Awards for his best acting in several movies.
Konidela Varun Tej is the birth name of the popular actor Varun Tej. He was born on January 19, 1990, in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. He is the son of famous Telugu cinema stars Nagendra Babu and Padmaja. His father, Nagendra Babu, is a famous Telugu actor and director, and his mother, Padmaja, was a housewife. Varun is the nephew of Tollywood actors Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan.
He was born and raised in Hyderabad, Telangana, alongside his sister Niharika Konidela and his cousins Ram Charn and Sai Dharam Tej, who are also actors in Tollywood. As Varun was raised in Hyderabad, he completed his schooling at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, and then he went to Nalanda Junior College to complete his further studies. He completed his graduation from St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad in B.com. He became popular with the Telugu film Kanche. He started his career in 2000 as a child artist in the Telugu movie “Hands Up.” And now he is a famous celebrity.
Varun Tej had already debuted as a child artist in his father Nagendra Babu’s film Hands Up! when he was just ten years old. Later on, the young and handsome personality Varun Tej debuts as a hero in Srikanth Addala’s Mukunda movie opposite Pooja Hegde. After her successful debut, he appeared in the 2015 film Kanche, starring opposite Pragya Jaiswal. In his second movie, he portrayed Dhupati Haribabu, the grandson of a poor barber, who falls in love with Seethadevi, who later goes on to fight in World War II. Kanche, directed by Krish, was critically appreciated by critics and was also a commercial success.
In 2019, Varun Konidela has made an appearance in movies such as F2: Fun and Frustration, Aladdin, and Gaddalakonda Ganesh. In the multi-starrer F2: Fun and Frustration, Varun was featured along with Venkatesh Daggubati, Tamannah, and Mehreen Pirzada. The movie was a blockbuster and became financially successful.
Talking about Varun Taj’s personal life, as of now he is 32 years old and is unmarried. Once, in an interview with Varun Tej, he stated that he wanted to marry actress Sai Pallavi and wanted to hook up with actress Pooja Hegde. Currently, he is termed as the tallest and most handsome personality in Tollywood.
|Name||Varun Tej Konidela|
|Nick Name||Varun Tej|
|Date of Birth||19 January 1990|
|Age||32 Years (2022)|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Telangana|
|School||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan|
|Collage||St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad|
|Debut||Telugu- Hands Up! (2000, as child artist), Mukunda (2014, as lead role)|
|Best Movies||Fidaa (2017)|
Tholi Prema (2018)
Kanche (2015) among others
Varun Tej Career
- This young and dynamic personality started his career with the movie Mukunda, starring Pooja Hegde. Before that, Varun had already worked in his father’s film, Hands Up!, when he was just ten years old.
- In her second movie, Kanche, in 2015, he starred opposite Pragya Jaiswal and received positive reviews from critics. His second movie, Kanche, was an Indian Telugu-language romantic war film written and directed by Krish. The story of Kanche revolves around the enmity between two friends—Dhupati Haribabu (Tej) and Eeshwar Prasad (Dheer).
- Later on, in 2015, Varun appeared as Raja Murali in the film Loafer. The movie was written and directed by Puri Jagannadh and features Varun Tej and newcomer Disha Patani in the lead roles, while Revathi and Posani Krishna Murali appear in crucial supporting roles. The film was officially launched on July 8, 2015, in Hyderabad.
- In 2017, Varun played a different role in the movie Fidaa, which made his fans crazy and love him more. From Fluency
- Varun played the role of an impulsive young man, Aditya Sekhar. Antariksham, 9000 kMPH, was a great success. Here, Varun was placed opposite Aditi Rao Hydari and Lavanya Tripathi.
- He also played roles in movies like Loafer, Mister, F2: Fun and Frustration, Aladdin, and Valmiki. He plays every role, ideally like a perfect actor. He is now a very popular Telugu actor.
|Dhupati Hari Babu|
|Pichchaiah Naidu / Chai|
Antariksham 9000 KMPH
|2019||F2: Fun and Frustration|
Gaddalakonda “Gani” Ganesh
F3: Fun and Frustration
Varun Tej Family
Varun Tej is the son of Telugu actor and producer Nagendra Babu. His mother’s name is Padmaja who is a housewife. He is a nephew of actors Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan. His younger sister Niharika is also an actress. Actors Ram Charan, Allu Arjun, Allu Sirish, Sai Dharam Tej & Vaishnav Tej are his cousins
|Father Name||Nagendra Babu (Telugu Actor)|
|Sister||Niharika Konidela (TV Actress)|
|Relatives||Ram Charan (cousin)|
Chiranjeevi (aunt or uncle)
Pawan Kalyan (aunt or uncle)
Panja Vaishnav Tej (cousin)
Varun Tej Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
As of now Varun Tej is is Single and Unmarried.
|Affairs / Girlfriend||Not Known|
Varun Tej Physical Stats
|Height||in centimeters- 191 cm|
in meters- 1.91 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 3
|Weight||in Kilograms- 90 kg|
in Pounds- 198.42 lbs
Varun Tej Favourite
|Favourite Actor||Chiranjeevi, Pawan Kalyan, Prabhas|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Radha, Jaya Prada, Suhasini|
|Favourite Food||Hyderabadi Dum Biryani|
|Favourite Color||White, Black, Blue|
Varun Tej Education
|School||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan|
|Collage||St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in B.com|
Varun Tej Net Worth
|Net Worth||Rs 60 Crore *(Estimated)|
|Salary||Rs 2-3 Crore Movie|
Some Unknown facts about Varun Tej
- Does Varun Tej smoke?: Not Known
- Does Varun Tej drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Varun is the son of famous Telugu actor Nagendra Babu.
- He made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in 2000 by playing the role of Varun in the Telugu film ‘Hands Up!.’
- In 2014, he got a lead role of Mukunda in the Telugu film ‘Mukunda.’
- The actor is the son of popular Telugu actor Nagendra Babu.
- Varun made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in 2000 by playing the role of Varun in the Telugu film ‘Hands Up!.’
- Even before his cousin brother Allu Arjun’s patriotic movie Naa Peru Surya, Varun had already aced the army look character in the movie Kanche.
- He is termed as the handsome and tallest actor in the Tollywood industry.
- After playing tough and mass roles, he showed his soft side in the movie Fidaa. The movie has made all the girls go crazy over him after his role.
- For his debut movie Mukunda, the directors wanted to cast Akshara Hassan or Parineeti Chopra but later they finalized Pooja Hegde to play the female lead opposite him.
- Just like their uncles Pawan Kalyan and Chiranjeevi had portrayed the role of a lovable son on-screen, similarly, in movie Loafer, Varun nailed the role and made everyone his acting fan.
- The actor has proved himself to be one of the best actors of Tollywood and his journey from Mega Prince to Mega Actor has been phenomenal.