Konidela Ram Charan Teja is an Indian actor, producer and entrepreneur who is known for acting in Telugu cinema. He was born on 27th March 1985 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India to Chiranjeevi and Surekha. He has two sisters, Sushmita and Srija. He is the grandson of Allu Ramalingaiah, who was a famous actor, who appears in comedy roles. He is the nephew of Nagendra Babu (actor and producer), Pawan Kalyan (actor, director, screenwriter, stunt coordinator, philanthropist, and politician), and Allu Arvind (producer and distributor). He is the cousin of Allu Arjun (actor), Varun Tej (actor), Sai Dharam Tej (actor), Allu Sirish (actor), Panja Vaishnav Tej (actor), and Niharika Konidela (actress and producer). He did his schooling at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan School, Chennai, Lawrence School, Lovedale, and The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet. During his school days, he participates in many dance and drama competitions. He joined St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad with B. Com. Graduation, but later dropped out. Later, he joined Kishore Namit Kapoor’s Acting School, Mumbai.
Ram made his acting debut with the 2007 film Chirutha. His acting was praised by critics. For his performance, he won Filmfare Best South Debutant Award and Nandi Special Jury Award.
His second film was Magadheera, which was released in 2009. His performance was highly acclaimed by several critics. About his performance, IndiaGlitz commented: “Charan has come up with a mature performance and he has carried the film very well. Both his characters were done justice, and reminded of his father in many places.” Magadheera held the record of being the highest-grossing Telugu film till 2013. The film received six Filmfare Awards. Ram Charan won four awards including Filmfare Awards South Best Actor – Telugu and Nandi Special Jury Award.
In 2010, Ram appeared in his third film, orange. His performance received several positive reviews from reviewers.
In 2012, he starred in the film Racha. For his performance, Ram was nominated for Filmfare Awards for Best Actor – Telugu and SIIMA Award for Best Actor(Telugu).
In 2013, he acted in two films, Naayak and Zanjeer. Zanjeer marked the Bollywood debut of Ram Charan. The film was Telugu-Hindi bilingual film. For his performance in Naayak, he won TSR – TV9 National Film Awards and two nominations, Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu and SIIMAA Awards for Best Actor (Telugu). He received mixed reviews, for Zanjeer.
He appeared in two films, Yevadu and Govindudu Andarivadele. Both of his performance was praised by critics.
Bruce Lee: The Fighter was his only released film in 2015.
In 2016, he appeared in the film Dhruva.
In 2017, he made a cameo appearance in the film, Khaidi No. 150.
Rangasthalam was his only released film in 2018. Many critics stated that his performance was career-best. His performance was highly acclaimed. He won three awards, including Filmfare Awards South Best Actor –Telugu and SIIMA Best Actor (Telugu) Award.
Vinaya Vidheya Rama was his only released film of 2019.
He was last seen in two films in 2022. The films were RRR and Acharya.
He has an upcoming film, RC15.
Ram Charan launched his own production company Konidela Production Company in 2016. Under his banner, he produced several films, such as Khaidi No. 150, Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy, and Acharya.
He started his polo team ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club in September 2011. He is on the board of directors of Maa TV. Ram Charan coowns the regional airline service TruJet. He also launched oxygen banks on 26th May 2021 with his father Chiranjeevi.
In 2016, he was featured in GQ India’s Best Dressed Men list. Since 2013, he listed on Forbes Indias Celebrity 100 list. He was ranked 12th in 2012, 23rd in 2013, 13th in 2014, 38th in 2015 and 18th in 209 in the Times 50 Most Desirable Men.
He married the vice-chairman of Apollo Charity and Chief Editor of B Positive magazine Upasana Kamineni on 14th June 2012.
|Name||Konidela Ram Charan Tej|
|Date of Birth||27 March 1985|
|Age||37 Years (2022)|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan School, Chennai|
|Collage||St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad|
|Hobbies||Cooking, reading and horse riding|
|Address||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Ram Charan Career
- Ram made his acting debut with the 2007 film Chirutha.
- His second film was Magadheera, which was released in 2009.
- In 2010, Ram appeared in his third film, orange.
- In 2012, he starred in the film Racha.
- In 2013, he acted in two films, Naayak and Zanjeer.
- He appeared in two films, Yevadu and Govindudu Andarivadele.
- Bruce Lee: The Fighter was his only released film in 2015.
- In 2016, he appeared in the film Dhruva.
- In 2017, he made a cameo appearance in the film, Khaidi No. 150.
- Rangasthalam was his only released film in 2018.
- Vinaya Vidheya Rama was his only released film of 2019.
- He was last seen in two films in 2022. The films were RRR and Acharya.
- Ram Charan launched his own production company Konidela Production Company in 2016. Under his banner, he produced several films, such as Khaidi No. 150, Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy, and Acharya.
Ram Charan Family
|Father Name ||Chiranjeevi (Actor)|
|Mother Name||Surekha Konidela|
|Sister||Sushmita (Elder) and Srija (Younger)|
|Cousin Brother||Allu Arjun, Varun Tej, Sai Dharam Tej, Allu Sirish,|
|Cousin Sister||Niharika Konidela, and Panja Vaisshnav Tej.|
Ram Charan Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
|Affairs / Girlfriend||Not Known|
|Wife/ Spouse||Upasana Kamineni (Vice-Chairman of Apollo Charity)|
|Marriage date||14 June 2012|
|Marriage Place||Temple Trees Farm House in Hyderabad|
|Children||None (The coupe decided to not have kids for some years)|
Ram Charan Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Ram Charan Favourite
|Favourite Actor||Tom Hanks|
|Favourite director||SS Rajamouli|
|Favourite Movie||Gladiator and Khaidi|
|Favourite Sport||Cricket, Football|
|Favourite Destination||New Zealand and London|
Ram Charan Education
|School||Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, Chennai,|
Lawrence School, Lovedale,
The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet,
|Collage||St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad|
Ram Charan Net Worth
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Salary||12 Crore/film (INR)|
|Car Collection||Mercedes Maybach GLS600 (worth INR 4 crore)|
Some Unknown facts about Ram Charan
- Does Ram Charan smoke?: Yes
- Does Ram Charan drink alcohol?: Yes
- His nickname is Cherry.
- Ram Charan is a popular South Indian actor who is best know for his superhit film Magadheera.
- His first Telugu movie was “Chirutha” which was a disaster at the box office, but his next film “Magadheera” was a huge hit. The film ran for almost 757 days at a cinema theatre.
- He has known horse riding since childhood.
- He is popularly referred to as the Mega Power Star in the media.
- Charan was featured in GQ India’s Best Dressed Men list in 2016
- Ram Charan had done commercial Ads for the cold drink brand Pepsi, while his father Chiranjeevi has done commercials for Thumps Up.
- He own a Polo Team in Hyderabad called as “Ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club”.
- Ram Charan’s father, Chiranjeevi, was a huge fan of Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan and always wanted to work with him, but could not share the screen with him. But Ram Charan made his father’s dream come true by working with Amitabh Bachchan in the film Zanjeer.
- Rana Daggubati and Allu Arun are his childhood friends.
- Ram Charan takes part in the 41-days-long Ayyappa Deeksha (Vratham), which is done on a yearly basis in Sabarimala, Kerala.
- He is a social worker and often organizes blood donation camps.
- If not an actor, he would have been an automobile engineer.