Virat Kholi is an Indina cricketer and the current captain of the Indian National Cricket team. He was born on 5 November 1988 in New Delhi, India. Virat Kohli is the captain of the Indian cricket team who is known as the Run Machine and King Kohli in international cricket. He is one of the Best Indian cricketer, he is a handed top-order batsman, Kohli is regarded as one of the best contemporary batsmen in the world. He plays for Delhi in domestic cricket and for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL) as captain of the franchise since 2013. He is famous for breaking several records in international cricket. He is at no. 5 in the list of most hundreds by a batsman in international cricket.
Virat Kohli is 32 years old Indian cricketer who has been playing for the Indian cricket, He was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi, He is the son of Saroj Kohli and Prem. He has an elder sister and brother named Bhavna and Vikash, He was always fascinated about cricket from his childhood and he always wanted to play fro india so he adopted cricket as his passion and started making his career in crickete. He completed his higher studies from ‘Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi’ and secondary schooling from ‘Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi.’ He does not have any graduation degree; as he started concentrating on his game after completion of his schooling.Kohli is married to renowned Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma. Virat and Anushka tied their knot on 11th December, 2017 in Florence, Italy.
Virat Kohli is a legendary Indian international cricketer. Presently, he is the captain of Indian cricket team. Due to his remarkable performance in the field, he is frequently considered as one of the leading batsmen around the world. Virat Kohli also plays for Indian Premier League (IPL) for Royal Challengers Bangalore team.
|Full Name||Virat Kohli|
|Age (as in 2020)||31 Years|
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Father||Late Mr Prem Kohli (Criminal Laywer)|
|Brother||Vikas Kohli (Elder)|
|Sister||Bhawna Kohli (Elder)|
|Educational Qualification||12th Pass|
|Schools||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi|
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Delhi
|Address||Uttam Nagar, West Delhi, Delhi – 110059|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Playing, Travelling, Acting, Workout|
|Likes||Tennis, Punjabi Music, Driving, Get Togethers, Sushi, Football|
|Dislikes||Crowded Environment at Home, Sitting Idle for a Long Time, Dirty Surroundings|
Virat Kholi Career
Virat Kohli captained India Under-19s to victory at the 2008 Under-19 World Cup in Malaysia. After a few months later, he made his ODI debut for India against Sri Lanka at the age of 19. Initially having played as a reserve batsman in the Indian team, he soon established himself as a regular in the ODI middle-order and was part of the squad that won the 2011 World Cup. He made his Test debut in 2011 and shrugged off the tag of “ODI specialist” by 2013 with Test hundreds in Australia and South Africa. Having reached the number one spot in the ICC rankings for ODI batsmen for the first time in 2013, Kohli also found success in the Twenty20 format, winning the Man of the Tournament twice at the ICC World Twenty20 (in 2014 and 2016).
Kohli was appointed the vice-captain of the ODI team in 2012 and handed over the Test captaincy following Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s Test retirement in 2014. In early 2017, he became the limited-overs captain as well after Dhoni stepped down from the position. In ODIs, Kohli has the second-highest number of centuries and the highest number of centuries in run-chases in the world. He holds the world record for being the fastest batsman to 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, 11,000, and 12,000 runs in ODI cricket. Among Indian batsmen, Kohli has the best Test rating (937 points), ODI rating (911 points), and T20I rating (897 points).
Kohli has been the recipient of many awards such as the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year) in 2017 and 2018; ICC Test Player of the Year 2018; ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012, 2017, and 2018 and Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World in 2016, 2017 and 2018. He was given the Arjuna Award in 2013, the Padma Shri under the sports category in 2017, and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, the highest sporting honor in India, in 2018. Kohli is ranked as one of the world’s most famous athletes by ESPN and one of the most valuable athlete brands by Forbes. In 2018, Time magazine named Kohli one of the 100 most influential people in the world. In 2020, Kohli was ranked 66th in Forbes list of the top 100 highest-paid athletes in the world for the year 2020 with estimated earnings of $26 million.
On 22 April 2021, against Rajasthan Royals, Kohli became the first-ever player in the IPL to score 6000 IPL runs.
|International ODI Debut||18 August 2008 (against Sri Lanka at Dambulla)|
|International T20 Debut||12 June 2010 (against Zimbabwe at Harare)|
|International Test Debut||20 June 2011 (against West Indies at Kingston)|
|Jersey No.||18 (India & RCB)|
|ODI Cap No.||175|
|Test Cap No.||269|
|T20I Cap No.||31|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm Medium|
|Nature of Playing||Aggressive|
|Favourite Shots||Flick Shot and Cover Drive|
|ICC Tournaments||ICC U-19 WC 2008 (Captain)|
ICC WC 2011
ICC Champions Trophy 2013
ICC T20 WC 2014
ICC WC 2015
ICC T20 WC 2016
ICC Champions Trophy 2017
|Coach||Mr Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Turning Point in Career||Winning ICC U-19 WC 2008 as captain|
Batting Career Summary
Bowling Career Summary
Virat Kholi Family
Virat Kholi one of the best and well known cricketer, He was born on 5 November 1988 in New Delhi, India. He is the son of Prem Kohli worked as a criminal lawyer and his mother, Saroj Kohli, is a housewife. He has two older siblings, brother, Vikas and, sister, Bhavna. Kohli’s father ensured that Virat got proper training in cricket and supported his cricket during his childhood. Virat lost his father in 2006 due to a stroke. Kohli tied the knot with Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in 2017. In August 2020, Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma announced that they were going to be parents soon.
|Parents||Father- Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer) |
Mother- Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Vikas Kohli (Elder) |
Sister- Bhawna Kohli (Elder)
Virat Kholi Relationship
Indina team captain Virat Kholi married actress Anushka Sharma on 11 December 2017 in Italy. Virat Kholi and actress Anushka Sharma is blessed with a baby girl Vamika on 11 January 2021.
|Girlfriend||Sarah Jane Dias ( Actress, rumour) |
Sanjana ( Modell, Actress, rumour)
Tamannaah Bhatia (( Actress, rumour)
Izabelle Leite ( Brazillian Model, rumour)
Mansha Bahi ( Model, Actress )
Anushka Sharma ( Actress)
|Wife / Spouse||Anushka Sharma ( Actress )|
|Marriage Date||11 December 2021|
|Children||On 11 January 2021, Virat & his wife Anushka blessed with a baby girl, Vamika|
Virat Kholi Physical Stats
Apart from sports he is also one of the dashing personality. He looks quite cools and handsome in his appearance, He always live’s in a dashing hairstyle and a well maintained body & beard, Many of his fans are more likely to be intrested in his beard style. Being a sportsperson, he maintains his fitness by doing workouts and other physical activities. He weighs around 72 kg and his height is 5′ 9″ inches. His eyes are dark brown and the hair is black. He has a built-up body. His chest is around 42 inches, waist- 32 inches, and biceps are 14 inches.
|Height (approx.)||176 cm (5’ 9”)|
|Weight (approx.)||72 kg (159 lbs)|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 42 inches|
Biceps: 14 inches
Waist: 32 inches
|No. of Tattoos||9|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Skin Complexion||Type III: Medium Skin|
|Drinking Alcohol||Quit in 2012|
Virat Kholi Favourite
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs |
Bowler : Shane Warne
|Favourite Cricketer Ground||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Favourite Cricketer Commentator||Harsha Bhogle|
|Favourite Food (s)||Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Favourite Actor (s)||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favourite Actresses||Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots Hollywood: Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw|
|Favourite TV Show(s)||American: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Favourite Car||Aston Martin|
|Favourite Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
Virat Kholi Net Worth
Team India skipper Virat Kohli is the third richest cricketer in the world with a net worth of Rs 638 crore. Kohli has his own fashion brands Wrogn and One8 (partnering with Puma). As he is a well known and best batsman his main source of income is through cricket matches and from brand ambassador.
|Net Worth (approx) (as in 2020)||Rs. 680 Crore (90 Million USD)|
|Yearly Salary (as in 2020)||BCCI A+ Category Fees: Rs. 7 Crore|
ODI Match Fee: Rs. 6 Lakh
Test Match Fee: Rs. 15 Lakh
T20 Mach Fee: Rs. 3 Lakh
IPL Season Fees: Rs. 17 Crore
|Income (as in 2020)||Rs. 228.10 Crore per annum|
|Endorsement Brands||Puma, Audi, MRF, Tissot, Colgate-Palmolive, Manyavar, Fair and Lovely, Pepsi, Flying Machine, Red Chief Shoes, Boost Drink, Toyota, Nike|
|Charity||Virat Kohli Foundation (VKF)|
|Luxury Cars/Bikes||Audi R8 LMS, Audi R8 V10, Audi A8 Quattro, Audi S6, Audi Q7, Toyota Fortuner, Renault Duster, and Many Sports Bikes|
Virat Kholi Records
- First Indian to score a century on World Cup debut (2011).
- Third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds by the age of 22 (after Sachin Tendulkar & Suresh Raina).
- Fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in ODI cricket.
- Fastest century by an Indian (of 52 balls against Australia at Jaipur, India in 2013).
- Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
- Fastest to reach 7,500 ODI runs.
- Third player to score 3 double hundreds in a calendar year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
- Shares the record of 4 double hundreds with the like of Don Bradman, Graeme Smith, Michael Clarke.
- First Indian skipper to register 9 Test wins in a calendar year.
- First Indian skipper to register 5 successive Test series wins.
- First Indian to aggregate over 1000 Test runs in a calendar year after Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs in 2011.
- The highest score of 235 in Tests is the highest score by an Indian captain in Tests.
- First Indian Test skipper to score a double century in an overseas Test.
- Most runs in IPL in a single season (973 runs in IPL 9-2016).
- Most hundreds in IPL in a year (4).
- The fastest to 10,000 ODI runs and reached the mark in 205 innings.
- The first Indian to score 3 consecutive centuries in ODI cricket.
- The fastest player to 19,000 runs in international cricket.
- The highest run-scorer by any Indian Captain. He achieved the feat on 19 January 2020 while playing against Australia in Bengaluru. He scored 11208 runs as captain, which is the most by any Indian. He surpassed former skipper MS Dhoni, who amassed 11207 runs as captain. While Dhoni took 330 innings to score 11,208 runs, Kohli overtook him in just 199 innings as captain. Mohammad Azharuddin (8095) is third on the list followed by Sourav Ganguly (7643).
Virat Kholi Quotes
- Self belief and hard work will always earn you success.
- In the game of cricket, a hero is a person who respects the game and does not corrupt the game. The one who doesn’t or corrupts the game, they are the villain. They should be punished, and they have been punished in the past.
- A fit body gives you confidence. And there’s nothing more impressive than a great attitude, which you can wear on your sleeve. But you’ll have to remember the difference between being rude and being confident.
- In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero and will continue to remain so. Apart from him and outside cricket, my mother has remained my inspiration. Whatever difficult time I had faced, she was always there for me. She has given me all the strength. She maintained her composure and supported me in tough times.
- Becoming an inspiration for kids is great. I want to inspire them to do whatever they want.
Cars Owned by Virat Kholi
Virat Kohli owns these expensive cars:
- Bentley Continental GT. Bentley Continental GT. Back in 2018, Virat Kohli purchased a Bentley Continental GT. …
- Bentley Flying Spur. Bentley Flying Spur. …
- Land Rover Vogue. Land Rover Vogue. …
- Audi RS5. virat.kohli. …
- Audi Q7.
- BMW X6
- Toyota Fortuner
- Lamborghini Gailardo
Brands & Teams by Virat Kholi
- Football being Kohli’s second favourite sport, he became the co-owner of Indian Super League side FC Goa.
- In 2015, he became the co-owner of UAE Royals, a franchise in International Premier Tennis League.
- He co-owns the Bengaluru Yodhas in the Pro Wrestling League.
- He, along with Anjana Reddy’s Universal Sportsbiz, launched a youth fashion brand, Wrogn, in 2014.
- Kohli has shares in a fitness chain named Chisel, in association with Chisel India and CSE (Cornerstone Sports and Entertainment), the company that lands Kohli all the endorsement deals.
- He launched a children fitness venture, Stepathlon Kids, in association with Stepathlon Lifestyle.
- He endorses a large number of brands including a deal with MRF and Puma. The other big brands associated with Kohli include Audi, Gillette, American Tourister, Flying Machine, and many more.
Some Unknown facts about Virat Kohli ?
- Does Virat Kohli smoke?: Not Known
- Does Virat Kohli drink alcohol?: Yes
- Since the age of 3, Virat was fascinated by cricket
- When he was 9½ years old, his father took him to Raj Kumar Sharma’s West Delhi Cricket Academy.
- In 2003, his coach Raj Kumar Sharma had invited Ashish Nehra to his academy, where he awarded young Kohli as he was the highest run-scorer for Delhi in the 2002-2003 Polly Umrigar Trophy, with 172 runs at an average of 34.40.
- His nickname ‘Chikoo’ was given by his Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary in his childhood days.
- His favourite subject was ‘History’, and he used to hate ‘Maths.’
- In 2006, his father died of a brain stroke, but the very next day after his father’s death, he played a match-saving knock for Delhi against Karnataka, where he scored 90 runs.
- He never had any backup plan for his future as he always wanted to be a cricketer.
- He has a number of superstitions. He wears black wristbands, and never forgets to wear his ‘Kada’ before his matches.
- He is scared of heights.
- He doesn’t like to have long conversions on the mobile phone.
- He always wears black wristbands for superstitious reasons.
- He is very aggressive as well as an emotional person, he cries when he gets upset. He was seen crying on the field when India did not qualify for the semi-finals in 2012’s T20 World cup.
- He won the ICC ODI Player of the Year Award in 2012.
- In 2012, he was named as one of the 10 best dressed international men.
- He was given the Arjuna Award (2013) and Padma Shri Award (2017) by the Government of India
- The same year, he was appointed the first brand ambassador of Border Security Force (BSF)
- He is a huge fan of Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer. He is also the co-owner of the ‘UAE Royals’ International Premier Tennis League team.
- He loves tattoos and his count of tattoos keeps on increasing. The first on his left shoulder is ‘God’s eye’ which is a symbol of the power of seeing and understanding that which is unknown and unknowable. Second on his left shoulder is ‘Japanese Samurai warrior’ which is a symbol of living the life based on loyalty to one’s master, self discipline and respectful, ethical behaviour. Third on his left arm is a ‘Monastery’ which is a symbol of a place of peace and power. Fourth on his left arm is ‘Lord Shiva in meditation with Mount Kailash and Mansarovar lake.’ Fifth on his right bicep is a ‘Scorpion’ which is his Zodiac sign.
- He owns a restaurant in Delhi called ‘ Nueva.
- He is a decent singer, and in 2016, a video of him singing “Jo Wada Kiya Hai Nibhana Padhega” had gone viral.
- He is a truly determined sportsperson, who is not only focused on his cricketing skills but also towards fitness, for which he is idolised by many. Click here to see Virat Kohli’s fitness secrets!
- On 11 December 2017, Virat and Anushka got married in a private ceremony in Tuscany, Italy. More details here!
- On 25 September 2018, the Government of India conferred Virat Kohli with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- In October 2019, he revealed that he had turned vegetarian and said that after turning vegetarian, he was feeling better and proud. Taking to Twitter Kohli wrote, Virat Kohli Twitter Post on Turing Vegetarian
- During India’s tour of England in 2014, Kohli scored an average of 13.5 runs in ten innings with 1, 8, 25, 0, 39, 28, 0,7, 6, and 20 runs in five Tests, and after this clumsy performance, he went into depression; Kohli revealed this while conversating with former England player Mark Nicholas on his ‘Not Just Cricket’ podcast, he said,
- Shahbaz started playing cricket for ‘Bihar Under-14’ cricket team.
- He got recognition in 2002 when he picked 9 wickets in a match against ‘Sikkim Under-15.’
- He later moved to ‘Jharkhand’ to play some higher-level cricket.
- Shahbaz then made his first-class debut in 2004 for ‘Jharkhand’ against ‘Kerala’ in the ‘2004-05 Ranji Trophy’ at Jamshedpur, in which he picked 2 wickets in the first inning.
- He was also the part of the ‘India Under-19’ cricket team.
- He played for ‘Delhi Daredevils’ (DD) since 2011 for the ‘Indian Premier League’ (IPL) auction
Virat Kholi Social Profile
Virat Kholi Instagram
Virat Kholi Twitter
Accidental crossbar challenge 😂 pic.twitter.com/koeSSKGQeb— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) May 25, 2021