Broderick Stephen Harvey, also known as Steve Harvey, is a famous American television and radio presenter, actor, author, businessman, and former stand-up comedian. He is one of the most famous television presenters and is known for hosting TV shows like “The Steve Harvey Morning Show,” “Family Feud,” “Celebrity Family Feud,” the Miss Universe competition, “Family Feud Africa,” and the upcoming limited-run arbitration-based court comedy, Judge Steve Harvey. Stephen Harvey first gained fame for his observational humour and later became known for his self-help advice, especially about relationships. He started doing stand-up comedy in the mid-1980s. His success as a stand-up comedian led to a WB network show, The Steve Harvey Show, which ran from 1996 to 2002. It was a huge hit and won multiple NAACP Image Awards.
Stephen Harvey (born Broderick Stephen Harvey) was born on January 17, 1957, in Welch, West Virginia. He is the son of Jesse Harvey, who is a coal miner, and his wife, Eloise Vera Harvey, a Sunday school teacher. Her family consists of her father, mother, and sibling, Terry Harvey. Stephen Harvey and his family moved to Cleveland, Ohio, living on East 112th Street, which was renamed Steve Harvey Way in 2015. He had completed his primary education at Glenville High School in Glenville, Cleveland, Ohio and completed his graduation from Kent State University and, later on, went to West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia for further studies.
After completing her graduation, Stephen began to work as an insurance agent, selling insurance. His family was so poor that he had worked as a boxer, an autoworker, a carpet cleaner, and a mailman. He first performed stand-up comedy in 1985, when he won an amateur night contest at a local comedy club and decided to focus on becoming successful in stand-up comedy. In 1997, Harvey continued his work in stand-up comedy, touring as one of the “Kings of Comedy,” along with Cedric the Entertainer, D. L. Hughley, and Bernie Mac. The comedy team would later be reunited in a film by Spike Lee called The Original Kings of Comedy.
His success as a stand-up comedian eventually led to a long stint as host of “It’s Showtime at the Apollo” as well as various entertainment roles, including acting, hosting, writing, and producing. On TV, he starred in ABC’s “Me and the Boys,” as well as the WB’s “The Steve Harvey Show” and “Steve Harvey’s Big Time Challenge.” Harvey hit the big screen in movies such as “Love Don’t Cost a Thing,” “You Got Served,” “Johnson Family Vacation” and “Madea Goes to Jail.” He has also been the longtime host of BET’s “Celebration of Gospel.”
Harvey has been nominated for and won several awards throughout his career, including seven NAACP Image Awards for his work on “The Steve Harvey Morning Show,” a 2013 People’s Choice Award for Favorite New Talk Show Host for “The Steve Harvey Show,” 2012 and 2014 Daytime Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Talk Show Host for “The Steve Harvey Show,” a 2011 BET Humanitarian Award, and Daytime Emmy nominations in 2010 and 2014 for Outstanding Game Show Host for “Family Feud.”
Speaking of his personal life, Stephen Harvey has been married three times and has seven children (four biological and three stepchildren). He was first married to Marcia Harvey, with whom he had two daughters (twins Brandi and Karli) and one son (Broderick Harvey Jr.). Later, Stephen married Mary Shackelford, and the couple had another son named Wynton. He divorced his second wife in November 2005. Later on, in June 2007, Harvey married Marjorie Bridges, who he says is responsible for making him a better man and changing his life. Marjorie Harvey is the mother of three children (Morgan, Jason, and Lori).
Harvey is a Christian and has credited his success to his faith in God. As Harvey says, “You have to jump and take a leap of faith in order to soar.” As of 2021, he is 64 years old and his zodiac sign is Capricon.
|Name||Broderick Stephen Harvey|
|Profession||Television & Radio Presenter|
Former Stand-Up Comedian.
|Date of Birth||17 January 1957|
|Age (2021)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||Welch, West Virginia, U.S.|
|Hometown||• Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
• Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|School||Glenville High School|
|Collage||Kent State University and West Virginia University|
|Debut||The Original Kings of Comedy (Film 2000), Showtime at the Apollo (TV Show 1993-2003)|
|Famous for||The Steve Harvey Show|
Steve Harvey Career
Steve Harvey Films
|2000||The Original Kings of Comedy||Himself||Standup special|
|2003||The Fighting Temptations||Miles Smoke|
|2003||Love Don’t Cost a Thing||Clarence Johnson|
|2004||Johnson Family Vacation||Mack Johnson|
|2004||You Got Served||Mr. Rad|
|2005||Racing Stripes||Buzz the Fly||Voice only|
|2006||Steve Harvey: Don’t Trip… He Ain’t Through with Me Yet||Himself||Standup special|
|2008||Still Singing||Himself||Standup special|
|2009||Madea Goes to Jail||Himself||Cameo appearance|
|2012||Think Like a Man||Himself||Cameo appearance; also executive produ|
Steve Harvey Tv Shows
|1993–2000, 2016–2018||Showtime at the Apollo|
|1994–1995||Me and the Boys|
|1996–2002||The Steve Harvey Show|
|2001||The Proud Family|
|2002, 2003||Essence Awards|
|2002||My Wife and Kids|
|2003–2005||Steve Harvey’s Big Time Challenge|
|2004, 2005||BET Comedy Awards|
|2010||Who Wants To Be a Millionaire|
|2012||Praise the Lord|
|2013||NAACP Image Awards|
|2015||Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee|
|2015–present||Celebrity Family Feud|
|2016–2018||Little Big Shots|
|2017||Steve Harvey’s Funderdome|
Little Big Shots: Forever Young
|2019–2020||WWE Network Special|
|2020–present||Steve on Watch|
Who is Steve Harvey Parents & Brother ?
|Father Name||Jesse Harvey|
|Mother Name||Eloise Vera|
|Husband / Wife||Marjorie Elaine Harvey|
Steve Harvey Relationship / Martial Status & Many More
Who is Steve Harvey wife and his children ?
Stephen Harvey has been married three times and has seven children (four biological and three stepchildren). He was first married to Marcia Harvey, with whom he had two daughters (twins Brandi and Karli) and one son (Broderick Harvey Jr.). Later, Stephen married Mary Shackelford, and the couple had another son named Wynton. He divorced his second wife in November 2005. Later on, in June 2007, Harvey married Marjorie Bridges, who he says is responsible for making him a better man and changing his life. Marjorie Harvey is the mother of three children (Morgan, Jason, and Lori).
|Marital Status||Married (3 Times)|
|Affairs / Girlfriend|
• Marjorie Elaine Harvey
• Mary Lee Harvey
• Marcia Harvey
• Marjorie Elaine Harvey
• Mary Lee Harvey
• Marcia Harvey
|Marriage date||• June 25, 2007 (Marjorie Elaine Harvey)|
• June 21, 1996 (Mary Lee Harvey)
• 1980 (Marcia Harvey)
|Children||Son- • Wynton Harvey|
• Broderick Harvey Jr.
• Jason Harvey
Daughters- • Lori Harvey
• Morgan Harvey
• Brandi Harvey
• Karli Harvey
Steve Harvey Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Steve Harvey Favourite
|School||Glenville High School in Glenville, Cleveland, Ohio|
|Collage||• Kent State University|
• West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
How much is Steve Harvey Net Worth ?
Steve Harvey is one of the most richist stand-up comedian from america. As of june 2017 Steve Harvey earned $45 million from his various endeavors. He earned the same amount between June 2018 and June 2019. He is very rich and earns his income from variosu sources, As per the informations he earns $ 45 Million an average annual salary, at least $10 million comes from his hosting duties on Family Feud. Another $20 million comes from his radio hosting services.
In February 2018, Steve and Marjorie rented a large mansion in the gated community of Beverly Park which sits atop Beverly Hills, California. The 12,000 square foot house, which sits on just under 2 acres, was at one time scheduled for lease at $125,000 PER MONTH but the Harveys arranged to talk the owners down to $110,000 per month. That works out to around $1.3 million per year in rent. At one point in 2007, the house was listed for sale for $23.5 million.
Outside of Los Angeles, Steve Harvey has a 9,000 square foot mansion in Atlanta which was bought in 2010 for $3.4 million, and an equally-large mansion outside of Dallas, Texas that sits on 4 acres. In 2013 Steve purchased a 5,500 square-foot house in Chicago on the 88th floor of Trump International. He marketed that property in 2018 for $7.7 million.
|Net Worth||$200 Million|
|Income Source||Actor, author, comedian, radio and television host|
|Car Collection||Under Review|
Some Unknown facts about Steve Harvey
- Stand up comedian.
- Currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- Attended the University of Virginia.
- Received the 2,497th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame [October 4, 2013].
- His real name is Broderick Steve Harvey, and he was named after actor Broderick Crawford.
- Step-father, with Marjorie Harvey, of Lori Harvey.
- Father-in-law of Ben Raymond.
- Performed his final stand-up act at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.[August 2, 2012].
- Sued by his ex-wife, Mary L. Vaughn for $60 million, claiming that during their marriage, she was allegedly subjected to “prolonged torture with the infliction of severe mental pain and suffering.”[May 2017].
- Diehard Cleveland Browns fan.
- He starred on 2 sitcoms, one of which was short-lived entitled “Me and The Boys” & his self-titled sitcom “The Steve Harvey Show”.
- Father Jesse was a coal miner, his mother Eloise was a Sunday school teacher.
- Dropped out of college and became an insurance salesman.
- All 3 of his wives have names that start with “Mar”. His first wife was Marcia, his second wife was Mary, and his current wife is Marjorie.
- Didn’t start performing until he was 28.
- Best known by the public for his starring role on The Steve Harvey Show (1996) and as the sixth host of Family Feud (1999).
- Friends with Drew Carey. Like Harvey, Carey is also a Cleveland native.
- Was once homeless.
- When Harvey was just a little boy, his entire family had moved to Cleveland, Ohio, growing up on a farm, where they grew their own food and survived on a small income.
- Began his stand-up career when he entered an amateur contest at a comedy club in Ohio and won the grand prize
- Won four NAACP Image Awards for his work in The Steve Harvey Show
- Made his movie debut in the 2000 comedy-documentary The Original Kings of Comedy
- Launched The Steve Harvey Show, a nationally syndicated morning radio program, in 2000
- Wrote his first book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment, in 2009; the book inspired the movie Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (2012)
- In 2010, took over hosting duties for the Family Feud
- While hosting the 2015 Miss Universe pageant, accidentally named the runner-up as the winner