Born on April 20, 1970, in Oakland, California Shemar Franklin Moore or as famously known as Shemar Moore is the son of Marilyn Wilson, a business consultant, and Sherrod Moore. While his father was an African-American, his mother was of Irish and French-Canadian descent and had a degree in Mathematics and worked as a teacher in Bahrain and Denmark. Due to his mother’s profession, he had to move to Denmark as an infant and then to Bahrain where he was just four years old. While in Bahrain, he also studied at a British private school till the age of seven.
Later, he move to the United States in 1977 where his mother worked at a clinic before later moving to Palo Alto. During this while, he also graduated from the Gunn High School in Palo Alto and he was also awarded an athletic scholarship to attend Santa Clara University where he played varsity baseball both as a pitcher and an outfielder. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications with a minor in Theatre Arts.
Although, during his college days, Moore already got involved in modeling and is also signed to the DNA Model Management in New York. Later, he got into acting and started his career with the television series, Living Single in 1995. After that, he was seen in the television series, ‘The Young and the Restless’ which got him huge prominence. During this while, he was also receiving movie offers.
Though he was simultaneously working in television as well as in films. He made his feature film debut with Hav Plenty following which he worked in films like The Brothers, Motives, The Seat Filler, Motives 2, and others.
Some of his television series included The Jamie Foxx Show, The Nanny, Arliss, Chicago Hope, Moesha, For Your Love, etc.
Talking about his personal life, he initially dated soccer player Shawna Gordon from 2014 to 2015. However, they soon broke up and he then started dating Quantico actress Annabelle Acosta in 2018.
|Name||Shemar Franklin Moore|
|Profession||Actor, Fashion Model, Producer|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1970|
|Age||51 years old (in 2022)|
|Birth Place||Oakland, California, United States|
|Hometown||Oakland, California, United States|
|School||Henry M Gunn High School|
|Collage||Santa Clara University|
|Debut||Film– Hav Plenty (1997)|
Television– Living Single (1995)
Shemar Moore Career
- While being in College, Moore started trying modeling to earn some money and also got his hand on some modeling projects. Later, he moved to New York to pursue a full-time career in modeling.
- He struggled to find modeling assignments in the new city and started working as a waiter in a coffee shop.
- Later, he managed to get a chance to appear in an advertisement of shaving cream in ‘GQ’ magazine.
- After, he received exposure and then received audition offers.
- He finally bagged the role of ‘Malcolm Winters in the TV series ‘The Young and the Restless’ which became a hit and gave him the much-needed popularity.
- Next in 2002, he was seen in the show ‘Birds of Prey.
- In 2005, he got the chance to feature in the television program ‘Criminal Minds’ which ran from 2005 to 2017.
- After establishing himself as a successful TV actor, he jumped into films and was seen in films like Butter, The Seat Filler, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and many others.
- In 2014, he also gave his voice to the video animated superhero film, Justice League: War and then went on to reprise his voice role in the sequels of the film.
- In 2017, he got another big TV series which was the CBS crime drama series, S.W.A.T.
Shemar Moore Family
Shemar Moore was born on 20 April 1970 in Oakland, California, United States. He is the son of Marilyn Wilson, a business consultant, and Sherrod Moore. Shemar’s father was 0f African-American while his mother was of Irish and French-Canadian descent. He was born and raised in Oakland, California, United States alongside his four siblings Shenon Moore, Romeo Moore, Kosheno Moore and Sheburra Moore.
Talking more about Shemar’s family, his mother Marilyn is a mathematics teacher in Bahrain and Denmark
|Father Name||Sherrod Moore|
|Mother Name||Marilyn Wilson|
|Brother||Shenon Moore, Romeo Moore|
|Sister||Kosheno Moore, Sheburra Moore|
Shemar Moore Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Talking about Shemar Moore’s relationship status, he had various relationships with various popular actresses and models in the acting and modeling industry. Recently he was in a relationship with Cuban-American actress Anabelle Acosta.
|Affairs / Girlfriend||Anabelle Acosta (2018 – 2019)|
Shawna Gordon (2014 – 2015)
Lauren Wood (INSTAGRAM STAR) (2014)
Lauriane Gilliéron (2007)
Kimberly Elise (2004 – 2005)
Ashley Scott (2002 – 2003)
Halle Berry (1997 – 1998)
Toni Braxton (1994 – 1995)
Victoria Rowell (2006)
Gabrielle Richens (2006)
Bobbie Phillips (1993 – 1994)
Shemar Moore Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Shemar Moore Favorite
|Favorite Cuisine||Italian, Chinese, Indian|
|Favorite Color||Black, Blue, White|
|Favorite Sport||Tennis, Basketball|
|Favorite Destination||Paris, New York|
Shemar Moore Education
Moore was born in Oakland, California, and moved to Denmark with her. He attended a British private school until the age of seven and later completed his studies in Denmark. While in 1997, Shemar Moore returned to U.S. He graduated from Gunn High School in Palo Alto. Moore was awarded an athletic scholarship to attend Santa Clara University where he played varsity baseball as both a pitcher and an outfielder all four years. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications with a minor in Theater Arts.
|School||Henry M Gunn High School|
|Collage||Santa Clara University|
Shemar Moore’s Net Worth
Shemar Moore has an estimated net worth of $ 20 MIllion Doller, HIs main source of income is from acting and modeling.
|Net Worth||USD $ 20 MIllion Doller|
|Income Source||Acting, Modeling,|
Some Unknown facts about Shemar Moore
- Does Shemar Moore Smoke ?N/A
- Does Shemar Moore drinks alcohol? Yes
- He is signed to DNA Model Management in New York City.
- At a time, Shemar was very much interested in becoming a professional baseball player.
- He likes to workout a lot and frequently goes to the gym.
- Moore appeared on the March 2009 issue of Men’s Fitness magazine.
- His first name is a combination of his father and mother, Sherrod and Marylin.
- He had a very close bond with his mother.
- Moore worked as a model during his college years.
- He has his own fashion line, called ‘Baby Girl’, which sells clothes.
- The first language he learned to speak was Danish.
- Shemar is part-Canadian.
- In 2016, actor Keith Tisdell pleaded guilty to grand theft charges after stealing more than $60,000 from Baby Girl LLC. Tisdell agreed to repay the amount.