Popular English actor Christopher Catesby “Kit” Harington or popularly known as Kit Harington was born on December 26, 1986, in London, England to Deborah Jane, a former playwright, and Sir David Harington, 15th Barinet and a businessman. He was named after Christopher Marlowe whose first name was shortened to Kit. Harington’s uncle was Sir Nicholas John Harington, the 14th Baronet, and his patrilineal great-grandfather was Richard Harington, the 12th Baronet.
Kit did his schooling at the Southfield Primary School after which he got into the Chantry High School. During their school days, he performed in many school productions and developed an interest in acting. Later, he got enrolled at the Worcester Sixth Form College for studying Drama and Theatre.
However, not many know that he originally wanted to become a journalist but later got into acting. While at the drama school, he got the role of Albert in the National Theatre’s adaptation of ‘War Horse’ which got him a great deal of recognition. After doing the play, he got his major breakthrough with the television show, Game of Thrones where he was seen in the role of Jon Snow. The show debuted in 2011 and ran up to its 8th season till April 2019. Harington’s character Jon Snow gain huge popularity and took the actor to new levels. He was also nominated for many awards and became one of the highest-paid actors on television.
In the year 2012, he made his debut in the feature film with the film, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. It was a horror film based on the survival horror video game, Silent Hill 3 and was a sequel to the film, Silent Hill. However, he got his major break with the film, Pompeii which was a modest box office success. Following this, Harington also gave his voice for the hit animation movie, How to Train Your Dragon 2, which was a critically acclaimed box office success. He also received the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film.
Apart from movies, he also went on to work in many television series like 7 Days in Hell, Gunpowder, Criminal: UK, Modern Love, etc.
Talking about his personal life, Harington was in a relationship with his Game of Thrones co-star Rose Leslie in 2011. While they announced their engagement in September 2017, in June 2018 they got married and welcomed their first child in February 2021.
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1986|
|Age||35 Years (2021)|
|Birth Place||Acton, London, United Kingdom|
|Hometown||London, United Kingdom|
|School||Southfield Primary School |
Chantry High School, Martley
|Collage||Worcester Sixth Form College |
Central School of Speech and Drama
|Debut||Television : Games of Thrones (2011)|
Film : Silent Hill: Revelation (2012)
Kit Harington Career
- He started his acting career with theatrical productions after graduation from acting school.
- One of his earliest plays was ‘Posh’. Before that, he had played a main role in the play ‘War Horse’ while being in acting school.
- After that, he auditioned for the role of Jon Snow in the HBO drama series, Game of Thrones.
- The show went on till its 8th season and with time Kit had become a favourite among fans following which he received many offers.
- In 2012, he made debut on the big screen with the film, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
- After this, he took a year-long break and focused on his character in Game of Thrones.
- In 2014, he was seen in the film, Pompeii playing the lead role.
- Next, he gave his voice to the hit film, How to Train Your Dragon 2.
- Kit was next seen playing the lead role in the film ‘Testament of Youth’.
- In 2015, he featured as a lead in the HBO sports drama, ‘7 Days in Hell’.
- Over years, she remained actively involved with theatre, TV, and films at the same time.
- He is also the face of the fashion brands, Jimmy Choo and Dolce & Gabbana’s fragrance ‘The One.
Kit Harington Family
|Father Name||David Richard Harington (Businessman)|
|Mother Name||Deborah Jane (Former Playwright)|
|Husband / Wife||Rose Leslie|
Kit Harington Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
|Affairs / Girlfriend||Rose Leslie|
|Wife/ Spouse||Rose Leslie|
|Marriage date||June 2018|
|Marriage Place||Aberdeenshire, Scotland|
Kit Harington Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Kit Harington Favorite
|Favorite Movie||The Shining (1980)|
|Favorite Director||David Lynch|
|Favorite Cuisine||Italian, Scottish|
|Favorite Color||Red, White, Blue|
Kit Harington Education
|School||Southfield Primary School (1992 to 1998)|
Chantry High School in Martley (2003)
|Collage||Worcester Sixth Form College (2003-2005)|
Central School of Speech and Drama (2008)
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Drama and Theatre (2003â€“05)|
Kit Harington’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||USD $ 25 Million Doller|
Some Unknown facts about Kit Harington
- Kit is also an avid football fan and he is a supporter of Manchester United FC.
- His favorite book is George Orwell’s ‘1984’.
- He is a nervous flyer and touches the outside of the plane thrice before he gets in.
- Harington didn’t realize his name is Christopher until he went to school.
- If it wasn’t for acting, Kit would have been a journalist or a photographer.