Kelly Macdonald is a famous Scottish actress and model who mainly works in films and television shows. Kelly is best known for her roles in Trainspotting (1996), Gosford Park (2001), Intermission (2003), Nanny McPhee (2005), No Country for Old Men (2007), Boardwalk Empire (2010–2014), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011), Brave (2012), the Black Mirror episode “Hated in the Nation” (2016), The Victim (2019) and Line of Duty, Season 6 (2021). Kelly Macdonald is one of the best-known actresses who won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie and was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Miniseries or a Television Film. For her performance in the 2007 film No Country for Old Men, she was nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Macdonald has also received several nominations at prestigious award ceremonies, such as the “British Academy Film Awards” and the “Golden Globe Awards.” “Eastwood High School” in Scotland has a drama studio and theatre named after her.
Kelly Macdonald was born on February 23, 1976, in Glasgow, Scotland. She was born in Glasgow, Scotland and later moved to Aberdeen with her family when she was five years old. Kelly spent most of her childhood in Aberdeen. She attended the “Eastwood High School” in Newton Mearns, Scotland from 1987 to 1993. After completing her education, she started her career as a barmaid in Glasgow. When she came across a leaflet advertising a casting round for a film titled “Trainspotting,” she decided to give it a try. Subsequently, she was selected to play an underage seductress named Diane Coulston is a British black comedy film.
Kelly Macdonald portrayed Mary in the 1999 BBC radio drama Lifehouse, based on Pete Townshend’s abandoned rock opera. On television, her highest-profile roles have been in two BBC dramas: the Paul Abbott series State of Play (2003) and the one-off Richard Curtis piece The Girl in the Café (2005). For her performance in The Girl in the Café, she was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Miniseries or Television Film in 2006 and won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie. Her other notable works include “Boardwalk Empire,” “Line of Duty,” and others. She is very active on social media. She has a huge fan following.
Talking about Kelly Macdonald’s personal life, As of now, she is 45 years old and her marital status is divorced. Kelly Macdonald married musician Dougie Payne on August 27, 2003. The couple was blessed with their first child, a son named Freddie Peter Payne, on March 9, 2008. On December 8, 2012, Macdonald gave birth to her second child, a son named Theodore William Payne. Kelly Macdonald and Dougie Payne got separated in 2017. She currently lives in Aberdeen, Scotland.
|Name||Kelly Dorothy Macdonald|
|Nick Name||Kelly Macdonald|
|Date of Birth||23rd February 1976|
|Age||45 year old|
|Birth Place||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Nationality||Scottish, American and British|
|Hometown||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|School||Eastwood High School, Newton Mearns, Scotland|
|Debut||Television – 1996- Flowers of the Forest|
Film – Trainspotting
Kelly Macdonald Career
- Kelly Macdonald made her film debut in 1996 when she played Diane in the Danny Boyle-directed film “Trainspotting.” Her performance in the film won her a ‘BAFTA Scotland Award’ nomination for “Best Film Actress.”
- In 1996, she was cast to play Amy Ogilvie in a television film titled “Flowers of the Forest.”
- In the same year, she played the lead role of a young Glaswegian girl named Stella McGuire in the Coky Giedroyc-directed film “Stella Does Tricks.”
- In 1997, she played Wendy in a short film titled “Dead Eye Dick.”
- She also played Hortense Hulot in the British-American film “Cousin Bette” and then played Isabel Knollys in the Shekhar Kapur-directed biographical drama film “Elizabeth.”
- In 1999, Macdonald played supporting roles in five films, namely “Splendor,” “Entropy,” “The Loss of Sexual Innocence,” “My Life So Far,” and “Tube Tales.”
- In 2000, Kelly was nominated at the “Film Independent Spirit Awards” for “Best Female Lead” for portraying Mary O’Neary in the Raymond De Felitta-directed film, “Two Family House.”
- In the same year, she was also seen playing prominent roles in films, such as “Some Voices” and “House! “
- In 2003, she played Aletta Pieters in the Brent Shields-directed television film “Brush with Fate.”
- In 2003, Kelly also played Della Smith in six episodes of a British television drama series titled “The State of Play.”
- In 2003, she was also cast to play the lead role of Deirdre in the John Crowley-directed Irish black comedy crime film “Intermission.”
- In 2005, Macdonald was seen in four films, namely “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” “All the Invisible Children,” “Nanny McPhee,” and “Lassie.”
- In 2018, she once again voiced Princess Merida in the computer-animated comedy film “Ralph Breaks the Internet.”
- In 2019, she was cast to play one of the main roles of Sarah in a TV series titled “Giri/Haji.” She was also cast to play Anna Dean in a television miniseries titled “The Victim.”
Kelly Macdonald Film
|1996||Dancing, Some Days||Sharon|
|1996||Stella Does Tricks||Stella McGuire|
|1997||Dead Eye Dick||Wendy|
|1998||Cousin Bette||Hortense Hulot|
|1999||The Loss of Sexual Innocence||Susan|
|1999||My Life So Far||Elspeth Pettigrew|
|2000||Two Family House||Mary O’Neary|
|2001||Gosford Park||Mary Maceachran|
|2004||Finding Neverland||Peter Pan|
|2005||The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy||Reporter Jin Jenz|
|2005||All the Invisible Children||Jonathan’s wife|
|2005||A Cock and Bull Story||Jenny|
|2007||No Country for Old Men||Carla Jean Moss|
|2008||The Merry Gentleman||Kate Frazier|
|2009||In the Electric Mist||Kelly Drummond|
|2011||The Decoy Bride||Katie Nic Aodh|
|2011||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2||Helena Ravenclaw|
|2012||Anna Karenina||Dolly Oblonskaya|
|2016||Special Correspondents||Claire Maddox|
|2016||Swallows and Amazons||Mrs. Walker|
|2016||The Journey Is the Destination||Duff|
|2017||T2 Trainspotting||Diane Coulston|
|2017||Goodbye Christopher Robin||Olive Rand|
|2018||Ralph Breaks the Internet||Princess Merida|
|2018||Holmes & Watson||Mrs. Hudson|
|2019||Dirt Music||Georgie Jutland|
|2022||Operation Mincemeat||Jean Leslie|
Kelly Macdonald Television
|1996||Flowers of the Forest||Amy Ogilvie|
|2003||Brush with Fate||Aletta Pieters|
|2003||State of Play||Della Smith|
|2005||Alias||Kiera MacLaine/Meghan Keene|
|2005||The Girl in the Café||Gina|
|2010–2014||Boardwalk Empire||Margaret Thompson|
|2016||Black Mirror||DCI Karin Parke|
|2017||The Child in Time||Julie|
|2019||The Victim||Anna Dean|
|2019||Giri/Haji||DC Sarah Weitzmann|
|2021||Line of Duty||DCI Joanne Davidson|
|TBD||Call My Agent!||N/A|
Kelly Macdonald Family
Kelly Macdonald was born on 23 February 1976 in Glasgow, United Kingdom. She is the daughter of Archibald Macdonald and Patricia Kelly.
|Father Name||Archibald Macdonald|
|Mother Name||Patricia Kelly (garment salsa executive)|
Kelly Macdonald Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Kelly Macdonald is a famous Scottish actress who is best known for her roles in Trainspotting (1996), Gosford Park (2001), Intermission (2003), and many more shows and movies. Kelly Macdonald married musician Dougie Payne on August 27, 2003. The couple was blessed with their first child, a son named Freddie Peter Payne, on March 9, 2008. On December 8, 2012, Macdonald gave birth to her second child, a son named Theodore William Payne. Kelly Macdonald and Dougie Payne got separated in 2017. She currently lives in Aberdeen, Scotland.
|Affairs / Boyfriend||Dougie Payne|
|Marriage date||August 27, 2003|
|Marriage Place||December 8, 2012|
|Children||Son– Theodore William Payne, |
Freddie Peter Payne
Kelly Macdonald Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Kelly Macdonald Favorite
|Favorite Actor||Tom Hanks|
|Favorite Actress||Angelina Jolie|
|Favorite Cuisine||Italian, Chinese|
|Favorite Color||Red, Black|
|Favorite Destination||New York|
Kelly Macdonald Education
Kelly completed her primary education at Eastwood High School in Newton Mearns, Scotland.
|School||Eastwood High School, Newton Mearns, Scotland|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
Kelly Macdonald’s Net Worth
Actress Kelly Macdonald’s had an estimated net worth of $ 2 Million Doller. Her main source of income is from acting and modeling.
|Net Worth||$ 2 Million Doller (Estimated)|
Some Unknown facts about Kelly Macdonald
- Does Kelly Macdonald smoke? N/A
- Does Kelly Macdonald drinks Alcohol? N/A
- Kelly Macdonald is a Scottish actress well known for her appearances in films like Nanny McPhee, Gosford Park, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II.
- She has also had prominent roles in No Country for Old Men and TV miniseries State of Play.
- She had her first job working as a barmaid. Her film debut was in the 1996 film Trainspotting.
- She was the voice actor for the protagonist Princess Merida in Pixar’s 2012 animated film Brave.
- She married musician Dougie Payne in 2003. The couple has two children together.
- She played Margaret Schroeder on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, co-starring with Steve Buscemi from 2010 to 2014.
- In 1999, she was named as one of the European films ‘Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion.
- She Auditioned for roles in The Matrix (1999), Shakespeare in Love (1998), and Moulin Rouge! (2001).
- The Trainspotting (1996) was released on Kelly’s 20th birthday.
- her favorite animated Disney character is Tinkerbell from Peter Pan.
- She is the Daughter of Archibald Macdonald and Patricia Kelly.