Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa is the full name of Jason Momoa, who is a famous and successful American actor, producer, and model. He is one of the most popular actors who came into prominence for his long-running roles in the television series “Stargate: Atlantis” and later “Baywatch Hawaii.” Joseph is a versatile actor whose performance as Khal Drogo in the HBO series “Game of Thrones” boosted his popularity and catapulted his career to new heights, attracting the attention of producers and mainstream audiences.He is a very hard-working and talented actor who was awarded the CinemaCon Awards 2011 for Male Rising Star in Conan the Barbarian and Game of Thrones.
Joseph Momoa began her career as a model before pursuing a career in acting.was discovered by the international fashion designer Takeo, who encouraged him to pursue a modelling career. Due to his good looks and attractive personality, Joseph looks dashing and handsome, with long hair and a muscular body. He began with modelling and was also named Hawaii’s Model of the Year. While he had also walked in several prestigious fashion shows prior to taking up acting roles, Joseph stepped into the acting world with his small role in the film “Conan the Barbarian.” In 1999, he bagged a lead role in “Baywatch Hawaii,” which he earned after beating about 1,000 other actors who had auditioned for the role.
Jason Momoa was born on August 1, 1979 in Nānākuli, Hawaii, United States. He is the only child of his parents. Jason is the son of Coni (Lemke), a photographer, and Joseph Momoa, a painter. His father is of Native Hawaiian and Samoan descent, and his mother, who is from Iowa, is of German, Irish, and Native American ancestry. He was born in Nānākuli and raised in Norwalk, Iowa, by his mother. He had completed his graduate studies at Colorado State University, earning a degree in Wildlife Biology. Jason is a travel freak guy who has been travelling since he was a child and has visited many different places and countries.He learned pastel painting in Paris and was introduced to the tenets of Buddhism in Tibet.
Joseph Momoa is a very attractive guy with good physics. He was discovered by international fashion designer Takeo Kobayashi in 1998. Kobayashi encouraged the young man to take up modelling. Momoa did so and won Hawaii’s Model of the Year in 1999. He also proceeded to host the Miss Teen Hawaii contest. After winning the title, he grew confident and began his career as an actor in 1999 by appearing as “beach dude” Jason Ioane in the action drama television series “Baywatch Hawaii.” The series was a success for Joseph, and he appeared in the series for two seasons and appeared in all 38 episodes. That ended in 2001.
Joseph Jason is most popular for his fictional character of Ronon Dex in the series “Stargate Atlantis”. Created by Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, the show became an immediate hit, and his character became famous for his brilliant performance and his signature dreadlocks. The show gained worldwide recognition. The show became more popular in Europe and Australia. Jason also performed in the fantasy drama series “Game of Thrones”. His fictional character, Khal Drogo, became a hit overnight. He also contributed his own ideas to make the character more interesting.
Talking about Jason Momoa’s personal life, his full name is Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa. He will be 42 years old as of 2021. Jason married his longtime girlfriend, Lisa Bonet. He met his girlfriend in 2005 and they started dating. On July 23, 2007, their daughter, Lola Iolani Momoa, was born. Their son, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, was born on December 15, 2008. The couple got legally married in October 2017.
|Name||Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa|
|Nick Name||Jason Momoa|
|Profession||Actor, Model, Producer, Writer|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1979|
|Birth Place||Nānākuli, Hawaii, United States|
|Hometown||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Collage||Colorado State University|
|Ancestry||German Americans, Irish Americans|
Jason Momoa Career
Jason Momoa is a popular actor, model, producer, and writer. He began his career as a model when he was discovered by international designer Takeo Kobayashi, who encouraged his modelling career. Just after he began his career as a model, Jason performed on various prominent stages and also won Hawaii’s Model of the Year in 1999. At the age of 19 years old, he also worked part-time in a surf shop before being cast in the action drama series Baywatch Hawaii, where he appeared as Jason Ioane (1999–2001).
In 1999, Jason landed the role of “beach dude” Jason Ioane in the action drama television series “Baywatch Hawaii”. In 2003, he reprised the role of Jason Ioane in the television film “Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding”. In the same year, he appeared as Kala in another television movie called “Tempted.” In 2004, Jason debuted in Christopher Erskin’s film “Johnson Family Vacation”. In the same year, he landed Frankie Seau’s role in “North Shore,” in which he was a regular for 21 episodes. Later on, he was cast as Roman in four episodes of the comedy-drama television series The Game (2009).
Jason rose to prominence in 2005 as Ronon Dex in the military science fiction television series “Stargate: Atlantis,” which ran for five seasons and was broadcast on the Sci-Fi Channel in the United States. The series ended in 2009. His next breakthrough character was that of Khal Drogo in the television series “Game of Thrones” in 2011 on HBO. He played the character of a barbarian leader of the Dothraki tribe. For his iconic performance, he picked up the CinemaCon Award for Male Rising Star and a nomination each for the Scream Award for Best Ensemble and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
In March 2014, Momoa joined the dark comedy/thriller indie Sugar Mountain. He also starred as Phillip Kopus, a Ramapough Mountain Indian, in the SundanceTV drama series The Red Road (2014–2015). In June 2014, Momoa was reported to have been cast in the role of Aquaman. He first played the role in a cameo in the superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He also reprised this role in The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part.
- In 2014, Momoa portrayed Connor in the Canadian horror action film Wolves and starred in the sci-fi horror movie Debug; it was written and directed by Momoa’s former Stargate Atlantis co-star, British-born Canadian actor David Hewlett.
- In 2015, Momoa was cast in the Canadian action film Braven, which was released on February 2, 2018.
- In early 2017, he signed on for the official Just Cause movie series.
- Between 2016 and 2018, Momoa portrayed Declan Harp in all three series of the Canadian historical drama television series Frontier.
- In July 2018, Momoa was cast in Apple’s post-apocalyptic drama series See.
- In February 2019, Momoa was cast as Duncan Idaho in the Denis Villeneuve film Dune.
- In February 2020, Momoa appeared in a halftime commercial for Rocket Mortgage for Super Bowl LIV. He also appeared in the teaser for “Scary Little Green Men” by Ozzy Osbourne, from his album Ordinary Man.
Jason Momoa Filmography
|2004||Johnson Family Vacation||Navarro|
|2010||Brown Bag Diaries: Ridin’ the Blinds in B Minor||Mikey|
|2011||Conan the Barbarian||Conan|
|2012||Bullet to the Head||Keegan|
|2014||Road to Paloma|
|2016||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
|2017||Once Upon a Time in Venice|
The Bad Batch
Arthur Curry / Aquaman
Arthur Curry / Aquaman
|2019||The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part||Mike Mitchell|
|2022||Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom |
|Arthur Curry / Aquaman|
|TBA||The Last Manhunt||Big Jim|
Joseph Momoa Television
|1999–2001||Baywatch: Hawaii||Jason Ioane|
|2003||Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding|
|2004–2005||North Shore||Frankie Seau|
|2005–2009||Stargate Atlantis||Ronon Dex|
|2011–2012||Game of Thrones||Khal Drogo|
|2014–2015||The Red Road|
|2018||Saturday Night Live||Himself (host)|
|2019||The Simpsons||Himself (voice)|
Joseph Momoa Family
|Father Name||Joseph Momoa|
|Mother Name||Coni Momoa|
Jason Momoa Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Jason Mamoa is a famous actor and model. He is a very talented and attractive guy. Jason Mamoa was in a past relationship with his co-actress Simmone Mackinnon. Later he begin his relation with actress Lisa Bonet in 2005. The couple first met with each other through mutual friends. They started dating each other in 2005. As some belives Jason and Lisa married on November 15, 2007, the couple did not marry until October 2017.
The couple had her first daughter’s child On July 23, 2007. Their son, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, was born on December 15, 2008. The couple got legally married in October 2017.
|Affairs / Girlfriend||Simmone Mackinnon (1999-2006)|
Lisa Bonet (2005-Present)
|Wife/ Spouse||Lisa Bonet|
|Marriage date||November 15, 2007|
|Children||Son: Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa |
Daughter: Lola Iolani, Zoe Kravitz
Jason Momoa Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 193 cm|
In Meter – 1.93 m
In feet & inches – 6’4
|Weight||In Kilogram- 97 Kg|
In Pounds – 214 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurement||Chest – 50 Inches |
Waist – 34 Inches
Biceps – 18 Iches
Jason Momoa Favourite
|Favourite Movie||Basquiat (1996), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)|
|Favourite Color||Apple pie (made by his mom),|
Spaghetti (cooked by his wife Lisa Bonet), Japanese cuisine
|Favourite Drinks||Guinness, red wine, Mountain Sun Brews|
|Hobbies||Doing Surfing, Skateboarding, Mountain Biking, and Rock climbing.|
Jason Momoa Education
|Collage||Colorado State University|
|Educational Qualification||Graduated in Wildlife Biology|
Jason Momoa Net Worth
|Net Worth||$ 6 Million (Estimated)|
|Car Collection||1978 toyota land cruiser|
Some Unknown facts about Jason Momoa
- Does Jason Mamoa smoke?: Yes
- Does Jason Mamoa drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Has three moles to the side of his left eye.
- Multiple tattoos on his arms and chest
- He began acting on screen with David Hasselhoff in Baywatch.
- He starred in the 2011 film Conan the Barbarian.
- Momoa was born in Honolulu but was raised in Norwalk, Iowa, by his mother.
- He is the nephew of surfers Rusty Keaulana and Brian Keaulana.
- His father is of Native Hawaiian descent, while his mother is of German, Irish, and Native American ancestry.
- Jason Momoa got his early education in Iowa. He then studied wildlife biology at the Colorado State University.
- He proposed to girlfriend, Simmone Mackinnon, in Hawaii, in June 2004.
- Momoa took up pastel painting in Paris and went to Tibet for Buddhist Spiritual Education.
- Momoa’s career began when he was discovered by international designer Takeo Kobayashi, who motivated his modeling career. Momoa won Hawaii’s Model of the Year 1999 and hosted the Miss Teen Hawaii contest.
- At 19 years old, he did a part-time job in a surf shop before being cast in Baywatch Hawaii.
- He is known for his television roles as Ronon Dex (2005–2009) on the military science fiction television series Stargate Atlantis (2004–2009); as Khal Drogo in the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones (2011–2012); and as Phillip Kopus, a Ramapough Mountain Indian, on the Sundance TV drama series The Red Road (2014–2015).
- Road to Paloma was Momoa’s first film as director, writer, and producer.
- He appeared in the 2016 superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Aquaman.
- In November 2015, he was slashed on his face by the broken beer glass in Hollywood, California. He got about 140 stitches and scar on his eyebrow can be seen easily.