An English actor, director, producer, and screenwriter, Alfred Thomas Highmore or famously known as Freddie Highmore was born on February 14, 1992, is known for working as a child artist and then in various films as a lead actor.
He was born in Camden Town in London to former actor Edward Highmore and Sue Latimer, a talent agent. He also has a younger brother. Highmore completed his primary education in Hampstead Garden Suburb and then got a scholarship to attend Highgate School. He used to score an A* grade in most of the subjects in school and further went on to become a bright student in his school.
He later attended Emmanuel College and on the double first in Spanish and Arabic.
After completing his education, Freddie started working at the Gulf Bank in Kuwait as an intern and later also worked at a law firm in Madrid which briefly made him to consider a career in law after graduation.
Talking about his career, he started acting from a very young age of 7 with television. Later, he made debut in movies with the comedy film, Women Talking Dirty in 1999. Following that in 2001, he played a young King Arthur in The Mists of Avalon. After working in many television series over the next few years, he made a return to the big screen with Two Brothers.
After this film, he got the next major role in the film, Five Children and It and then in Finding Neverland. His performance was appreciated and he received several awards and nominations for it.
Following this, he next worked in the film, Charlie and the Chocolate factory after being recommended by co-star Johnny Depp, who was very impressed by the young actor’s performance in Finding Neverland.
After working as a successful child actor, he was seen in other films like A Good Year, Arthur and the Invisibles, The Golden Compass, August Rush, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and others.
Not just in movies, Freddie has also worked in many television series, video games, as well in music videos.
Some of his television shows include Toast, Bates Motel, Close to the Enemy, Tour de Pharmacy, The Good Doctor, and others.
Talking about his personal life, while Highmore lives in London, he had once developed a close friendship with co-star Vera Farmiga in the film, Bates Motel and also became the godfather of her son.
Meanwhile, in an interview in September 2021, he revealed that he had recently married but the name is yet under cover.
|Name||Alfred Thomas “Freddie”|
|Nick Name||Freddie Highmore|
|Famous for||The Good Doctor, Bates Motel|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1992|
|Age||30 years old (in 2022)|
|Birth Place||Camden Town, London, United Kingdom|
|Hometown||Camden Town, London, United Kingdom|
|Debut||Movie– Women Talking Dirty (1999)|
Television – Happy Birthday Shakespeare
Freddie Highmore Career
- In the 2000s, Freddie started appearing in a few films such as ‘Finding Neverland’ and ‘Five Children and It’ for which he gained a lot of popularity.
- Next in 2005, he bagged the role of Charlie Bucket in the film, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it was a huge commercial hit.
- In 2006, he played a supporting role in the British-American film, A Good Year, loosely based on a novel of the same name.
- In the following years, he was seen in films like ‘The Golden Compass’ (2007), ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’ (2008), ‘Astro Boy’ (2009), ‘Master Harold… and the Boss’, (2010), and ‘Justin and the Knights of Valour’ (2013).
- One of his best-known works is also ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’ which was based on a bestselling book of the same name.
- Next in 2013, he was featured in the American psychological horror drama series, Bates Motel which was a prequel to the 1960 film, Psycho. However, the series was based in a modern-day setting and was a huge success.
Freddie Highmore Family
Freddie Highmore was born on 14 February 1992 in Camden Town, London, United Kingdom. He is the son of actor Edward Thomas Highmore and talent agent, Sue Latimer. Freddie was born and raised in Camden Town alongside his younger brother Albert Samuel Highmore who is also a famous actor and model.
|Father Name||Edward Thomas Highmore (Actor)|
|Mother Name||Sue Latimer (talent agent)|
|Brother||Albert Samuel Highmore (Actor; born in 1995; younger, aka Bertie)|
|Grandfather||David Albert Field Highmore (Paternal)|
|Grandmother||Josephine M. Heath (Paternal)|
Freddie Highmore Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Having a look at Freddie Highmore’s personal life, as of now, he is married and living a happy; life with his partner. Freddie married her longtime girlfriend Klarissa Munz. There is no more information about her wife.
Freddi started a relationship with Irish actress Sarah Bolger with whom, he had a 3-year relationship. Freddie Highmore was in a past relationship with American actress Dakota Fanning. The couple started dating in 2009 and after some time they broke up.
|Affairs / Girlfriend||Klarissa Munz|
Abigail Breslin (2016 – 2017)
Dakota Fanning (2009)
Sarah Bolger (2006 – 2009)
|Wife/ Spouse||Klarissa Munz|
|Marriage date||In 2021|
Freddie Highmore Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Freddie Highmore Favorite
|Favorite Actor||Johnny Depp|
|Favorite Singer||Frank Sinatra,. Marc Cohn|
|Favorite Movie||Rear Window (1954) (among Hitchcock movies)|
Psycho (1960) (among Hitchcock movies)
|Favorite Cuisine||Italian, Chinese|
|Favorite Destination||South France|
Freddie Highmore Education
Highmore was born in Camden Town, London. He completed his primary educated at The Brookland Junior and Infant school in Hampstead Garden Suburb until the age of 11 and later on gained a scholarship to attend Highgate School, an independent school in Highgate, London.
While he was studying, In 2008, Highmore scored straight A* grades in English language and English literature, maths, Spanish, French, Latin, geography, biology, chemistry, and physics in his GCSEs exam, and in 2010, he once again achieved straight A* grades in maths.
Highmore attended Emmanuel College, Cambridge, where he earned a double first in Spanish and Arabic from 2010 to 2014. He also enrolled at the London School of Economics to study finance at summer school during the summer break at Cambridge in 2011.
|Educational Qualification||University of Cambridge|
Freddie Highmore’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||$ 18 Million Doller|
Some Unknown facts about Freddie Highmore
- Freddie started his career as a child actor at the age of 7 when he was seen in the 1999 comedy film, Women Talking Dirty.
- His real name is Alfred Thomas Highmore, while Freddie is his nickname.
- Freddie’s parents are also in the film industry. While his father was an actor, his mother is a talent agent for many big actors.
- The actor is a Cambridge graduate.
- He is the godfather of actress Vera Farmiga’s son.
- Not many know that Freddie is an accomplished musician and enjoys spending time playing the clarinet.
- He got the chance to work with some excellent actors like Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Kristen bell, Vera Farming, and many others.
- Freddie is great friends with actor Johnny Depp and the two spend a lot of time together hanging out.
- He loves travelling and wishes to travel the world one day.
- The actor is not on social media and has no Twitter, no Facebook, no Instagram, or anything.
- He is an avid football lover.
- Freddie is a multi-linguist and is fluent in both Spanish and French languages.