An American actress, model, and businesswoman, Eva de la Caridad Mendez, or professionally known as Eva Mendes is known for her successful career in Hollywood. She was born on March 5, 1974, in Miami, Florida to Eva Perez Suarez and Juan Carlos Mendez. She was raised by her mother in the Los Angeles neighborhood after her parents got divorced.
While her mother worked at the Mann’s Chinese Theatre, later she worked at an aerospace company. Her father ran a meat distribution business. She also had an elder brother, Juan Carlo Mendez Junior who unfortunately passed away due to throat cancer.
Apart from him, she has an elder sister Janet and a younger paternal half-brother, Carlos Alberto “Carlo” Mendes. Talking about her education, Mendez completed her schooling at the Hoover High School in Glendale and then got into California State University for studying marketing. However, she left college halfway for pursuing acting.
After leaving her college, Mendez started her career with a talent manager who saw her photo in a friend’s portfolio. After that, she got her first role in a direct-to-video horror film, Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror.
However, the film did not gain her much prominence after which she was seen in films like A Night at the Roxbury, My Brother the Pig, Urban Legends: Final Cut, and many others.
Next, she was seen in the action thriller movie, Exit Wounds following which she got her major breakthrough with the 2001 film, Training Day alongside Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke. Her role in the film got her to more major movies such as All About the Benjamins, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Out of Time, Hitch and many others.
Apart from movies, she has also engaged in many other fields including modeling, fashion designing, as well as singing. She has also appeared in many music videos and become a very popular face.
Speaking about fashion designing, she has a line of bed linens and dinnerware after which she also partnered with New York & Co for launching her own fashion line, Eva by Eva Mendes.
In the year 2010, she sang the song, Pimps Don’t Cry which was also featured in ‘The Other Guys’.
Talking about her personal life, she was in a relationship with filmmaker George Augusto for 8 long years. However, the two broke up and she started dating actor Ryan Gosling. They also have two daughters, Esmeralda Amada born in 2014, and Amada Lee born in 2016.
|NameChristianityName||Eva de la Caridad Méndez|
|Known for||Appearing in movies like Ghost Rider (2007)|
Stuck on You (2003),
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Last Night (2010) and others
|Profession||Actress, Model and Businesswoman.|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1974|
|Age||48 years old (in 2022)|
|Birth Place||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Hometown||Miami, Florida, United States|
|School||Hoover High School in Glendale, California.|
|Collage||California State University, Northridge|
|Debut||Film: Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror|
TV Show: ER
Eva Mendes Career
- At the early days of her career, Eva appeared in a music video which was titled ‘Se a vida e’ meaning “That’s the Way Life Is”. She was also seen in the Will Smith video, ‘Miami’.
- In the year 1998, she made her acting debut with Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror’.
- In 1999, she was seen in the film, My Brother the Pig where she was seen in the role of ‘Matilda’.
- In 2000, she featured in the film, Urban Legends: Final Cut. It was a moderate success.
- In 2001, she was seen in the Academy Award-winning film, Training Day.
- In 2003, she worked in a big film, 2 Fast 2 Furious. She was seen in the role of an undercover US customs service agent.
- Next, she starred in the hit romantic comedy film, Hitch following which she was then seen in the supernatural film, Ghost Rider in 2007.
- Over the next years, she was seen in a number of films which took her career to new heights.
Eva Mendes Family
|Father Name||Juan Carlos Mendez|
|Mother Name||Eva Perez Suarez|
|Brother||Juan Carlos Medez, Carlo Mendez.|
Eva Mendes Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Affairs / Boyfriend||George Augusto Gargurevich (2002-2011)|
Jason Sudeikis (2011)
Ryan Gosling (2011–)
|Children||Daughter– Amada Lee Gosling and Esmeralda Amada Gosling|
Eva Mendes Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Eva Mendes Favorite
|Favorite Tv Shows & Movies||Tv Shows– Downton Abbey (2010|
Movies – Best in Show (2000), Legend (1985)
|Favorite Cuisine||Italian, Turkish|
|Favorite Color||Red, White, Black|
|Favorite Destination||The Amalfi Coast, Italy|
Eva Mendes Education
|School||University Drop Out|
|Collage||Hoover High School in Glendale, California.|
|Educational Qualification||California State University, Northridge|
Eva Mendes’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||USD $ 12 MIllion Doller|
Some Unknown facts about Eva Mendes
- Eva was absent from Hollywood for a few years and it was due to her children to whom she wanted to dedicate her time.
- For a film, she had lost a lot of weight to become skinny.
- She is a fitness freak and loves working out.
- Not many know that Eva follows one of her own makeup hacks which is using steam to set her makeup.
- She once appeared nude in a print advertisement for Calvin Klein’s Secret Obsession perfume. It was an ad that was also banned in the United States.
- She has also been a spokesperson for Calvin Klein followed by Magnum, and Cocio.