Emily Blunt is a famous British-American actress and model who is popular for playing seminal roles in films like “The Devil Wears Prada,” “The Girl on the Train,” and “Edge of Tomorrow.” She is the recipient of various accolades, including a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a Critics’ Choice Movie Award, in addition to nominations for three British Academy Film Awards. Emily Blunt, also known by her name Emily Olivia Leah Blunt, is a popular actress who rose to fame for her amazing roles in The Devil Wears Prada (2006), The Young Victoria (2009), Edge of Tomorrow (2014), and The Girl on the Train (2016), among many others. Emily is a great artist who always dreams of being a successful actress. She landed herself in the acting profession at the age of 19 when she played the part of Juliet in a theatrical adaptation of the legendary Shakespearean tragedy “Romeo and Juliet” in 2002. Later, she debuted professionally by appearing in “The Royal Family,” a drama adapted for the London stage where she starred opposite the celebrated English actress Dame Judi Dench. Moreover, her major breakout came through a part in the British TV film “Boudica.” She also got the role of Catherine Howard in “Henry VIII,” a drama movie adapted for television. Emily made her debut on the big screen with the movie “My Summer of Love.”
Emily Blunt, born as Emily Olivia Leah Blunt, is a popular American actress. She was born on February 23, 1983, in Wandsworth, London, to Oliver Simon Peter Blunt, a barrister, and Joanna, a teacher, and one-time actress. Emily’s grandfather was Major General Peter Blunt, while one of her paternal uncles is Crispin Blunt, Conservative Member of Parliament for Reigate. Emily was born and raised in Wandsworth, London alongside her three siblings: an older sister named Felicity, a younger brother named Sebastian, and a younger sister named Susannah. She had completed her early education at the Ibstock Place School, Roehampton, and completed her graduate training at the private sixth-form college, Hurtwood House, Surrey.
Emily was very passionate about acting from her childhood, but at the age of eight, she suffered from stammering, which continued for the next seven years. Later on, she overcomes the problem with the help of a teacher, who advised her to take up acting so that she could prevail over her stuttering. Beginning her two-year program in performing arts, besides excelling in singing, playing the cello, and sports, She made her debut in the year 2000, when she got an opportunity to demonstrate her acting skills at the Edinburgh Festival, where she caught the attention of an actor and agent named Kenneth Mcreddie. Kenneth helped Emily make a mark in London’s theatre district, the “West End,” and the “BBC.”
Emily makes a strong impression on the British audience with his performances in Foyle’s War (2002), Henry VIII (2003), and Empire (2005). Moreover, she appeared as “Gwen Cavendish” opposite Dame Judi Dench in Sir Peter Hall’s production of “The Royal Family” at the Haymarket Theatre. For that role, she won the Evening Standard Award for Best Newcomer. In 2002, she played “Juliet” in “Romeo and Juliet” at the prestigious Chichester Festival. As a fresher, her performance in “Evening Standard” earned her the “Best Newcomer” award for her portrayal of Gwen Cavendish in the play. After appearing in numerous other stage productions, she got her first major break when she was offered a part in the British TV film “Boudica.” She made her debut on the big screen with the movie “My Summer of Love.” Thereafter, Emily went on to star in numerous movies, TV films, and series for which she has earned several prestigious awards and nominations.
Speaking of Emily Blunt’s personal life, she had a three-year relationship with Canadian singer Michael Bublé. They met in 2005 while backstage at the Australian television Logie Awards in Melbourne. Later that November, Blunt began dating American actor John Krasinski. They became engaged in August 2009 and married on July 10, 2010, in Como, Italy. The couple resides in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of New York City and have two daughters, one born in 2014 and the other in 2016.
|Name||Emily Olivia Leah Blunt|
|Nick Name||• Emily|
• Emily Sharp
|Date of Birth||23 February 1983|
|Age||38 Years (2021)|
|Birth Place||Roehampton, London, England|
|Hometown||New York City|
|School||Ibstock Place School, Roehampton|
|Collage||Private sixth-form college i.e. Hurtwood House, Surrey|
|Debut||2004 – ‘My Summer of Love’|
|Religion||Anglican / Episcopalian|
Emily Blunt Career
|2004||My Summer of Love|
|2006||The Devil Wears Prada|
The Jane Austen Book Club
Dan in Real Life
Charlie Wilson’s War
|2008||The Great Buck Howard|
|2009||The Young Victoria|
|2011||Gnomeo & Juliet|
The Adjustment Bureau
Salmon Fishing in Yemen
Your Sister’s Sister
|2012||The Five-Year Engagement|
|2014||The Wind Rises|
Edge of Tomorrow
Into the Woods
|2016||The Huntsman: Winter’s War|
The Girl on the Train
My Little Pony: The Movie
|2018||A Quiet Place|
Mary Poppins Returns
|2020||A Quiet Place Part II|
|TV Shows & Serials List|
|2004||Agatha Christie’s Poirot|
The Strange Case of Sherlock Holmes & Arthur Conan Doyle
|2015||Lip Sync Battle|
|2016||Saturday Night Live|
Emily Blunt Family
|Father Name||Oliver Simon Peter Blunt (Barrister)|
|Mother Name||Joanna Blunt (Teacher, Ex-Actress)|
|Grandfather||Peter Blunt (Major-General)|
|Uncle||Crispin Blunt (Conservative Member of Parliament, Reigate)|
Emily Blunt Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
|Affairs / Boyfriend||Michael Bublé (2005-2008)- Canadian singer|
|Marriage date||10 July 2010|
|Marriage Place||Como, Italy|
|Children||• Son- None|
• Daughters- Hazel Krasinski, Violet Krasinski
Emily Blunt Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)|
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
Emily Blunt Favorite
|Favorite Destination||Paris, New York|
Emily Blunt Education
|School||Ibstock Place School, Roehampton|
|College/University||Private sixth-form college i.e. Hurtwood House, Surrey|
|Brands Endorsed||• Yves Saint Laurent perfume|
• Roland Mouret
• Alice + Olivia Devon
• Jimmy Choo Baxter Wadges
• Lorraine Schwartz
• Dolce & Gabbana
|Career Manager||Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles|
Emily Blunt Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$25 million|
|Previous Year’s Net Worth (2021)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
Some Unknown facts about Emily Blunt
- Emily Blunt is an famous British actress and model.
- She begin to the big screen with making an impression in My Summer of Love (2004), in which she played a character who had a summer fling with another woman. Her portrayal received raves, and her next big break was just around the corner.
- In 2004, Emily shared the prestigious Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer with Natalie Press.
- In 2006, Blunt co-starred in the film The Devil Wears Prada, based on the bestselling novel by the same name, and was nominated for a best-supporting actress Golden Globe.
- In 2008, Vanity Fair magazine named Blunt one of its Top Fresh Faces, and she followed that honor with such diverse films as Sunshine Cleaning (2008), The Young Victoria (2009; Golden Globe lead actress nomination for her role of Queen Victoria) and The Wolfman (2010).
- Was in consideration for the role of Madolyn in The Departed (2006), but Vera Farmiga was cast instead.
- In 2016 she played Queen Freya in The Huntsman: Winter’s War.
- In early 2018, Blunt starred in the hit horror flick A Quiet Place alongside real-life husband John Krasinski, who also directed the feature.
- At 16, was offered a record deal after a producer spotted her in the musical ‘Bliss’ at the Edinburgh Festival.
- Has a horrible fear of Cockroaches (katsaridaphobia).
- Does not participate in social media.
- Board member of the American Institute for Stuttering.
- At the 2002 Chichester Festival, Emily earned rave reviews playing Juliet in a production of Romeo and Juliet.
- Her ex-boyfriend Michael Bublé wrote the hit single “Everything” for her. She is also on his album “Call Me Irresponsible”, where she sings briefly at the end of the song “Me and Mrs. Jones”.
- Broke up with longtime boyfriend Michael Bublé in July 2008. They had been together since 2005.
- Best friends with actress Amy Adams. The two became very close while shooting Sunshine Cleaning (2008) in 2008.
- Daughter-in-law of Ron Krasinski and Mary Ann Krasinski.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 33, a daughter named Violet Krasinski in mid-June 2016. Child’s father is her husband, John Krasinski.
- Ranked #8 in the ‘Women We’d Love To Love’ by a poll of 4,000 gay women.
- Ranked #73 in the 2009 FHM list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Ranked #53 in the 2010 Ask Men list of the Top 99 Most Desirable Women.
- Ranked #58 in the 2009 Ask Men list of the Top 99 Most Desirable Women.
- Had a hamster named Tigger.
- Bought a $2.2 million new house in Vancouver where she lived with her boyfriend at the time, pop singer Michael Bublé.
- She is not related to singer James Blunt.
- Had originally planned to go to university and study languages, hoping to become a U.N. translator.
- Has stated her dislike for “method acting”, calling it actors “trying to justify their paychecks”.
- Does not participate in social media.
- Decompresses through daily sessions of transcendental meditation.