Diahnne Abbott is a famous American actress and singer. She is one of the most popular actresses who is known for her roles in Taxi Driver (19760), Welcome to L.A. (1976), “New York, New York” (1977), Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling (1986) and many more. She had always wanted to be an actress since she was a child. Her “King of Comedy”, an American comedy film released in 1982, exposed her acting talent. She was also famous as the ex-wife of actor Robert De Niro from 1976 to 1988. Diahnne Abbott and Robert De Niro had a son, Raphael, who was named after the hotel in Rome where he was conceived.
Diahnne Abbott was born on January 1, 1945 in New York City, New York, U.S. Her father is from Antigua and the renowned singer, musician, composer, and producer Gregory Abbott is her cousin. Her mother, father, and cousin brother, Gregory Abbott, make up Diahnne’s family. born and raised in New York City, US. Diahnne had completed her education at a local private school and graduated from the local private university. Diahnne was quite interested in acting. She began her career with the psychological thriller “Taxi Driver” (1976), in which she played an unnamed box office clerk at a pornographic movie theatre. After that, she appeared in the drama film “Welcome to L.A.” (1976), in which she played the role of a receptionist, Jeannette Ross.
After her first successful debut, she next played a Harlem Club singer in the musical drama “New York, New York” (1977), where she performed the song “Honeysuckle Rose” (1929). Some other famous films of Diahnne Abbott include the dysfunctional family-themed drama “Love Streams” (1984) and the autobiographical film “Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling” (1986), “Crime Story” (1986-1988), and “Before Night Falls” (2000).
|other Name||Diahnne Eugenia Abbott; Diahnne Déa|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1945|
|Age (2022)||78 Years|
|Birth Place||New York, United States|
|Hometown||New York, United States|
|Debut||Movies- Taxi Driver(1976)|
Tv – Crime Story(1988)
Diahnne Abbott Career
- Diahnne Abbott began her career in the 1976 movie Taxi Driver, where Abbott portrayed the pornographic movie theatre box office clerk in Martin Scorsese’s Taxi Driver (1976) opposite Robert De Niro.
- In the same vein, she also appeared in Welcome to L.A. in the role of Jeanette Ross.
- Following that, in 1977, she makes a cameo appearance in the film New York, New York, in which she performs Fats Waller’s song “Honeysuckle Rose.”
- In 1983, Abbott played the role in the film The King of Comedy.
- In 1984, she was seen in the movie Love Streams as Susan.
- In 1986, Abbott made his debut in Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling.
- In 2000, she played the role of Blanca Romero in Before Night Falls.
- In 2002, she was seen in Soliloquy.
Diahnne Abbott Movies
|1976||Taxi Driver||Concession Girl|
|1976||Welcome to L.A.||Jeanette Ross|
|1977||New York, New York||Harlem Club Singer|
|1983||The King of Comedy||Rita Keane|
|1986||Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling||Mother|
|2000||Before Night Falls||Blanca Romero|
Diahnne Abbott Family
|Son||Raphael De Niro (born in 1977; He was conceived when his parents were roaming in Rome and staying in the hotel Raphae)|
|Daughter||Drena De Niro (Actress; born on September 3, 1967)|
|Cousin||Gregory Abbott (singer, musician)|
|Grandsons||Leandro Anthony DeNiro Rodriguez (son of Drena De Niro)|
Nicholas De Niro (born on May 21 2009; Son of Raphael & his wife Claudine DeMatos)
|Granddaughter||Alexandria Chloe De Niro (born on 17 October 2012; Daughter of Raphael & his wife Claudine DeMatos)|
|Father In-Law||Robert De Niro Sr. (Ex)|
|Daughter In-Law||Claudine DeMatos (Realtor; wife of son Raphael)|
|Mother In-Law||Virginia Admiral (Ex)|
Diahnne Abbott Relationship / Martial Status & Many More
|Affairs / Boyfriend||Robert De Niro|
|Husband||ex-husband – Robert De Niro|
|Marriage date||1976 to 1988|
Daughter -Drena (Daughter from last marriage)
Diahnne Abbott Physical Stats
5 Feet 3 Inches
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Tattoo||Butterfly (on her upper back)|
Diahnne Abbott Favourite
Diahnne Abbott Education
Diahnne Abbott Net Worth
|Net Worth||$ 4 mIllion Doller|
|Income Source||Acting & Singing|
Some Unknown facts about Diahnne Abbott
- Mother of actor Raphael De Niro and Drena De Niro.
- Diahnne Abbott is the cousin of singer/songwriter/musician Gregory Abbott, whose biggest hit was “Shake You Down” in 1986.
- In Taxi Driver (1976), she played a girl working at a Porno Theater concession stand who rejects Travis Bickle, played by Robert De Niro. The same year as this movie’s release, she married De Niro.
- Robert De Niro adopted her daughter Drena De Niro, whose father is unknown
- Abbott had a daughter named Drena from a previous relationship
- she was largely unknown in the entertainment industry prior to her relationship with De Niro.