Charlie Ross Heaton is an English actor and musician born on February 6, 1994, in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. He was raised on a council estate in Bridlington by his mother. At the age of 16, Heaton moved to London and joined the London noise-rock band Comanechi as the drummer. After touring with them for more than a year, he joined a London-based psychedelic band, Half Loon.
Talking about his career, Heaton made his debut with a minor role in the short film, Life Needs Courage in 2014. Next in 2015, he made his acting debut with the ITV crime drama series, DCI Banks where he was seen in the role of Gary McCready. He was also seen in the role of Riley in ITV’s detective series, Vera. Following this, he was seen in a guest appearance in BBC One’s medical drama series, Casualty.
In 2016, he featured in the thriller film, Shut In opposite Naomi Watts and Oliver Platt. It was directed by Farren Blackburn. In the same year, Heaton was featured in the drama film, As You Are. In the year 2017, he was seen in the film, Marrowbone.
However, he got his major breakthrough with the Netflix supernatural drama series, Stranger Things where he was seen in the role of Jonathan Byers. In 2017, he was cast in the role of Samuel in the 2020 film, The New Mutants. It was based on the Marvel Comics comic book of the same name.
Talking about his personal life, Heaton is in a relationship with his Stranger Things co-star, Natalia Dyer who plays the role of Nancy Wheeler in the series. Though he also has a son with Akiko Matsuura whom he was previously dating.
|Date of Birth||6 February 1994|
|Age||28 years old (in 2022)|
|Birth Place||Bridlington, East Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom|
|Hometown||Bridlington, East Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom|
|School||Roleplay High School|
|Debut||ITV crime drama series DCI Banks (2015)|
Charlie Heaton Career
- Heaton made his debut with a minor role in the short film, Life Needs Courage in 2014.
- Next in 2015, he made his acting debut with the ITV crime drama series, DCI Banks where he was seen in the role of Gary McCready.
- He was also seen in the role of Riley in ITV’s detective series, Vera.
- Following this, he was seen in a guest appearance in BBC One’s medical drama series, Casualty.
- In 2016, he featured in the thriller film, Shut In opposite Naomi Watts and Oliver Platt. It was directed by Farren Blackburn.
- In the same year, Heaton was featured in the drama film, As You Are. In the year 2017, he was seen in the film, Marrowbone.
- However, he got his major breakthrough with the Netflix supernatural drama series, Stranger Things where he was seen in the role of Jonathan Byers.
- The New Mutants was his only released film in 2020. In that year, he appeared in the television series Soulmates.
- The Souvenir Part II and No Future were his only released films in 2021.
Charlie Heaton Family
Charlie Heaton was born on 6 February 1994 in Leeds, United Kingdom. He is the elder of her parents Crispy Heaton and Shelly Lowe. Charlie was born and raised in Leeds, United Kingdom alongside her younger brother Levi Heaton.
|Father Name||Crispy Heaton|
|Mother Name||Shelly Lowe|
|Brother||Levi Heaton [Younger]|
Charlie Heaton Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Charlie Heaton was in a relationship with Japanese drummer and vocalist Akiko Matsuura. The couple never got married but have a son, who was born in 2014. As of now, Charlie Heaton and Akiko Matsuura are separated. Their son lives with her mother Akiko Matsuura.
In 2016, Charlie Heaton started dating American actress and model Natalia Dyer who is his co-actress from Stranger Things. The couple has not yet talked about their relationship in public yet, but they are having a good time with each other.
|Affairs / Girlfriend||Akiko Matsuura |
Natalia Dyer (2016)
|Children||Son– Archie, with Akiko Matsuura|
Charlie Heaton Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Charlie Heaton Favorite
|Favorite Actor||Dwayne Johnson, Tom Cruise|
|Favorite Actress||Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Lawrence|
|Favorite Tv Show||Games of Thrones|
|Favorite Cuisine||Italian, Japanese, and Chinese foods|
|Favorite Color||Red, White, Black|
|Favorite Sport||Tennis, Football|
|Favorite Destination||Paris, Europe|
Charlie Heaton Education
Charlie Heaton is a successful actor who portrays the role of Jonathan Byers in the HBO Television series Stranger Things. He completed his primary education at the Roleplay High School in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. There is no more information about her higher education.
|School||Roleplay High School|
Charlie Heaton’s Net Worth
For Stranger Things, Charlie Heaton paid around $150,000 per episode.
|Net Worth||USD 5 Million Doller|
|Salary||$150,000 per episode.|
Some Unknown facts about Charlie Heaton
- Before coming into acting, Heaton joined the Noise Rock band.
- Charlie while working in the hit Netflix series, Stranger Things was also dating his co-star Natalia Dyer.
- He used to play drums in various British bands when he was very young.
- For Stranger Things, Charlie Heaton paid around $150,000 per episode.
- He is also a drummer.
- In October 2017, for possession of a small amount of cocaine Heaton was detained at the airport in Los Angeles. Though, he was not charged with a crime.
- Heaton is a football fan and a supporter of Arsenal F.C.
- Though Charlie is not related to Harry Styles, there are a lot of similarities between both of them.
- The actor loves eating Chinese food.
- Joseph Quinn also appeared in the Strange Things.