Lord Narsihma is the god of power. Narasimha Jayanti is another auspicious festival among the Hindus and is been observed on the Vaisakh Chaturdashi (14th day) of the Shukla Paksh. Narasimha is an creation of Lord Vishnu, the supreme God of protection and sustenance. Narasimha is a unique form that has a human physique and a lion head. Lord Vishnu incarnated in the form of a man-lion to annihilate the evil demon Hiranyakashipu and establish dharma, the ultimate righteousness.
The Hiranyakashipu received a special benediction from Lord Brahma that he could not be killed by any human being, demigod or animal or any other entities; he could not be killed by any kind of weapons, neither during day nor night. So, the Lord appeared in half-man half-lion form and killed him with His nails at twilight, thus satisfying all the conditions. The Narasimha appeared at dusk on the Shukla Chaturdashi (fourteenth day of the bright fortnight) in the month of Vaishakha (May) so that by the Devotees fast till dusk on this day.
Narasimha Jayanti puja Time
|Sunrise||May 06, 2020 6:53 PM|
|Sunset||May 06, 2020 6:53 PM|
|Chaturdashi Begins||May 05, 2020 11: 21 PM|
|Chaturdashi Tithi Ends||May 06, 2020 7:45 PM|
|Narasimha Jayanti Sanyakal Puja Time||May 06, 2020 4:17 PM to 6:53 PM|
|Parana Time||May 07, 2020 5:53 AM|
|Madhyahna Sankalp Time||May 06, 11:05 AM – May 06, 1:41 PM|
Narasimha Jayanti Importants Dates from 2015 to 2025
|Year||Day & Date|
|2015||Saturday, 2nd May|
|2016||Friday, 20th May|
|2017||Tuesday, 9th of May|
|2018||Saturday, 28th April|
|2019||Friday, 17th May|
|2020||Wednesday, 6th May|
|2021||Tuesday, 25th May|
|2022||Saturday, 14th May|
|2023||Thursday, 4th of May|
|2024||Tuesday, 21st May|
|2025||Sunday, 11th May –|
Worship of Lord Narasimha
Lord Narasimha is been worshiped on the day of Narasimha Jayanti. The devotee should wake up early in the Brahma Muhurat and take a bath with ganga jal or he can even visit the nearest ghats for bathing (other wise bathing at home with the tap water). After that he / she will wear clean clothes and should offer prayer to the lord Narasimha with the idol of Goddess Lakshmi eith the Narasimha. The Puja thali has the following in it – Coconut, Kumkum, Cow Ghee Diya, Five Sweets, Flowers, Kesar, Rice and Ganga Jal.
The Devotee who is workshiping the lord Narasimbha should chant the lord Narasimha Mantra with the Rudraksha Mala to impress thr lord Narasimha to showers his blessing on us, The Person who is fasting on the Narasimha Jayanti should donates some sesame seeds and clothes to the poor people. On this day the person who keeps fast this all problems of life is been relived by the lord Narasimha.
While chanting the Narasimha Mantra the person is been blessed by the lord Narasimbha and the person is been relieved by his all problems. ‘
The Mantra is
ॐ उग्रं वीरं महाविष्णुं ज्वलन्तं सर्वतोमुखम् I
नृसिंहं भीषणं भद्रं मृत्यु मृत्युं नमाम्यहम् II
ॐ नृम नृम नृम नर सिंहा
* Lord Narasimha is the Idol symbol of hope, triumph over oppression and ill- treatment, innovation ways of resistance and eradicating the evil forces.
* The Iconic avtar of lord Vishnu as Narasimha is very popular in sourthen states of India with statues, Painting and Symbol.
* The Lord Narasimha avtar is also been seen in thr five faces of lord Hanuman the ardent devotee of lord Rama, an Idol avtar of lord Vishnu.
* Some dances form like Kathakali has been performing the lord Narasimha.
* It is believed that donating the clothes and precious metals like gold / Silver and sesame seeds to the poor is very good.
* Offering special puja on the Narasimha Jayanti with the Idol of lord Narasimha and Lakshmi is performed.
* Fasting on the day of Narasimha jayanti is been started before the sunrise and continues till the next day sunrise. Eating cereals is prohibited.
* Devotees should wake up early in the morning in the Braham Muhurat and take bath and get ready for the poja.