Mother’s Day celebrates motherhood and honoring the mother of the family. This day is celebrate to make an extra-special effort to recognize and appreciate mother’s roles in our lives. Mother’s Day is the influence of mother’s in society. Often this day is extended to generations of Mother’s, grandmother’s, great- grandmother’s, step mother’s as well as mother figures.
It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May. In the United States, Mother’s Day is celebrated annually on the second Sunday in May. The holiday is celebrated worldwide as an International day. It is often marked by people sending Mother’s Day gifts and cards to their mother.
History of Mother’s Day :-
In the United States, three women were most instrumental in establishing the tradition of Mother’s Day. Ann Reeves Jarvis, Julia Ward Howe, and Ann’s daughter, Anna M. Jarvis. The origin of Mother’s Day is attributed to two women, Julia Ward Howe and Anna Jarvis, who are believed to have established the idea of Mother’s Day in the USA. Anna Jarvis, also known as the mother of Mother’s Day. In 1870, Julia advocated for an annual celebration of mother’s day. For the next ten years, the holiday was held in Boston under Julia’s sponsorship. The trend however died soon after. Julia is therefore notable for coming up with the idea of an official celebration of Mother’s Day.
Mother day is a day to honor mother. Festivals honoring mother’s in ancient timers were often tied to gods and goddesses. The Phrygians held a festival for Cybele, the Great Mother of the Gods. The Greets and Romans also honored the mother figure of their God’s. Even today, an important festival in India, Durga-Puja, honors the goddess Durga.
During the middle ages, people would return to their home or “mother” church once a year during the middle of Lent. Historians theorize it was return to the “mother” church which led to the tradition of children getting the day off to visit their mother and family. In 16th century England, this celebration became “Mothering Sunday”. Mothering Sunday was also known as Refreshment Sunday. Children, mainly daughters who had gone to work as domestic servants, would be given the day off on the fourth sunday of Lent to return to their mothers and home parish. The eldest son or daughter would bring a cake, which would be cut and shared by the entire family. Family reunions were the order of the day, with sons and daughters assuming all household duties and preparing a special dinner in honor of their mother. Sometime during the day the mother would attend special church services with her family.
Celebration of Mother’s Day :-
- Start her day by offering breakfast in bed. Her eyes will be wide open and you’ll witness a big smile on her face.
- Leave a sweet note in the food tray to tell your mom that you love her most in the whole world and feel lucky to have her by your side.
- Mother’s Day activities could mean reading together, enjoying a favorite movie or cooking a meal together.
- The best Mother’s Day gift is the gift of quality time!
- A handmade bouquet of fresh and bright carnations would be absolutely perfect to wish your mom on Mother’s Day.
- Throw a surprise mother’s day party at home with the help of your dad and siblings.
- If you are aware of your mom’s Choice, then it will be really easy to order a meaningful gift that she would love.
- A little rest and relaxation would be great for your mom’s physical and emotional health.
- You do not need to go out to a store and buy a gift. Mother’s love gifts from the heart.
- This is your mom’s day. So treat her like a queen and spend the entire day doing things that she always wanted to do with you.
Mother’s Day Traditions across the World :-
In the United States, Mother’s Day continues to be celebrated by presenting mother’s and other women with gifts and flowers and it has become one of the biggest holidays for consumer spending. Mother’s Day is the perfect occasion to short out your mom fall all she does. Treat her to an at home-spa day or bring her breakfast in bed. These are our favorite traditions that celebrate mom.
While versions of Mother’s Day are celebrated Worldwide, Traditions vary depending on the country. In Thailand, this day is always celebrated in August on the birthday of the current queen Sirikit. In Ethiopia, On this day families gather each fall to sing songs and eat a large feast. This day is commonly known as Antrosht.
A multi day celebration honoring motherhood. Mother’s Day in the US and many other countries is seen as a time to launch feminist causes. In 1968 Coretta Soott king, wife of Martin Luther King Jr. used mother’s day to host a March in support of underprivileged women and children. In 1970, A similar movement used the Holiday as a time to highlight the need for equal rights and access to childcare.
Mother’s Day wishes :-
- Words are never enough to thank you for all that you do. Happy Mother’s Day.
- It’s time to Know you that how fortune and special I am to be blessed with a mother as caring, loving as you. Wish you a lovely Happy Mother’s Day Mom.
- Thanks for always helping me to remember what is important in life….and today it is you! You are the best ! Wish you a very happy mother’s day.
- I believe in Love at the first sight for you are the first person. I saw when I opened my eyes and have loved you since that day dear Mom. Happy Mother’s Day Mom.
- Happy Mother’s Day! There is the only woman in the world she gave me love, gave me her soul and gave me her time and she’s my world best Mom.
- I hope to be a mother like you. Strong, loving, devoted, inspiring, wonderful, and cool. Wish you Happy Mother’s Day.
- A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. Wish you a fabulous Happy Mother’s Day!
- Wishing you all the love and happiness you so richly deserve. Happy Mother’s Day Mom.
Grandma Wishes :-
- You will always have a special place in my heart Grandma. Thank you lots for always being with me as Friend. Wish you a lovely Happy Mother’s Day.
- Grandma, your love has shaped me in lasting ways. Thank you for always supporting me in my good and bad times. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I always pray to God for your long live ! May I always feel your warm touch. Love you Grandma. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You always put others before yourself. I am so grateful to have grown up with your examples of unselfish love and care! You are the best Happy Mother’s Day!
- Lots of sweet kisses and hugs to my sweet grandma on Mother’s Day.
Five Full Form of Mother :-
- M – Magnificent
- O – Outstanding
- T – Tender
- H – Honorable
- E – Extraordinary
- R – Remarkable
- M – Most Lovable
- O – Organised
- T – Teacher
- H – Heart touching
- E – Excellent
- R – Ready to sacrifice
- M – Marvellous
- O – Outstanding
- T – Talented
- H – Humble
- E – Energetic
- R – Radiant
- M – Mother
- O – Only
- T – Think
- H – Human
- E – Exam
- R – Result
- M – Many hugs
- O – Only love never anger
- T – Teaching me
- H – Helping me
- E – Every smile when I was sad
- R – Raising me to be strong
How is Mother’s Day celebrated?
Mother’s Day is an important day of the year for both Mothers and kids that calls for a grand celebration. After all, your mother is the reason for your existence and she deserves all your love, respect, and attention. Depending upon what your mom likes, there are several fun ways to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Why is Mother’s Day Important?
Mother’s Day is an event which is celebrated in different parts of the world to express regard, respect and love towards mom. It is a day which makes people remember the importance and significance of Mother’s in their life and is observed as a day to give a special emphasis to the motherly figures around the world.
How do you wish someone a Happy Mother’s Day?
Wishing you all the love, Health and Happiness that you so deserve. Happy Mother’s Day to All the Mothers of the world! Wishing you a fabulous Mother’s Day. You are the best mom I could have asked for “May all the love you gave to us come back to you a hundredfold on this special day. Happy Mother’s Day!