Father’s day is celebrated worldwide to recognize the contribution that father’s and father figures make to the lives of their children. This day is celebrates fatherhood and male parenting. It is Celebrated on a different dates Worldwide, and in many countries fathers day celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
Father’s day is an opportunity to feel your dad how much you love and appreciate him. There must be a million fatherly types out there. New dads, Old dads, Stepdads, Dads-in-Law, Grand dad’s, Serious dad’s, goofball dad’s etc. There are so many reasons to honor them on father’s Day.
Father’s Day is not a federal holiday in most countries with exception to Thailand because it falls on the same day as the king’s Birthday which is a public holiday. For other countries, Fathers Day is on a Sunday, so public offices are closed on this day and few Organizations are open for business.
About Father’s Day :-
In various countries of the world this day is Celebrated on different dates. Some countries like India, USA, UK, Japan, Ireland, Pakistan, Bangladesh and others. The Fathers Day is Celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
There are so many reasons to celebrate father’s day. The importance of a father in life can not be neglected and ignored at all. He is like a Superhero who is always ready to take on everyday trouble for his children. He is the person who works tirelessly to fulfil the requirements of his family. Every year a special day is observed as Father’s Day to honour the contribution of all such fathers and fatherly figures and to celebrate the paternal bonding.
Although the Holiday honors all father figures, the day is Known by a singular possessive that is Father’s Day.
Origins of Father’s Day :-
The campaign to celebrate the nation’s Fathers did not meet the same enthusiasm-perhaps. Because, as one florist explained, “Father’s have not the same sentimental appeal that mother’s have”.
In 1908, on July 5, a West Virginia church sponsored the nation’s first event clearly in honor of Father’s a Sunday sermon in memory of the 362 men who had died in the previous December’s explosions at the Fairmont Coal Company mines in Monongahela, but it was a one time commemoration and not an annual Holiday. The next year, a Spokane, Washington, woman named Sonora Smart Dodd, one of six children raised by a widower, tried to establish an official equivalent to mother’s Day for male parents. She went to local churches, the YMCA, shopkeepers and government officials to drum up support for her idea, and she was successful Washington State Celebrated the nation’s first statewide Father’s Day on June 19, 1910.
History of Father’s Day :-
The idea of Father’s Day can be traced back to 1910. It is believed that Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd is the brain behind this day. Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd, whose father, the Civil war Veteran William Jackson Smart, as a single parent reared his six children. Mrs Dodd initially suggested June 5, the anniversary of her father’s death as a date for a father’s Day. It is claimed she did not provide the Organizers with enough time to make the arrangements,and thus the celebration was put back to the third Sunday of June.
Sonora, along with her five siblings were brought up by his father after their mother died in childbirth. His father neither remarried nor placed his Children under the care of others. Because of this, Dodd was grateful to his father, William Jackson Smart-a civil war Veteran and he wanted to honor him.
Her noble idea of Father’s Day came about after hearing a sermon about Mother’s Day by Anna Jarvis at Central Methodist Episcopal Church. She later approached her pastor and proposed there be a day honoring fathers, which would mirror Mother’s Day. The first father’s Day in June was Celebrated June 19, 1910, in Spokane, WA. In 1924, President Calvin Coolidge recommended the day as a national holiday.
President Lyndon Johnson made Fathers Day a holiday to be Celebrated on the third Sunday of June in 1966, though the day was not officially recognised until 1972, during the presidency of Richard Nixon.
Today, different people across the globe join hands to send inspiring Father’s Day messages using the hashtag #fathersday on social media.
Father’s Day around the World :-
In many countries Father’s Day is Celebrated on the third Sunday in June, among them the USA, Canada, the UK, France, China, Japan, India, the Philippines and South Africa. However, it is also widely celebrated on other days. For example on February 23rd(Russia, defender of the fatherland Day). March, 19th (as fest a del Papa in Italy, Dia do Pai in Portugal and Dia del Padre in Spain) Ascension day. (Germany), the first Sunday in June (Switzerland) the second Sunday, in June (Austria and Belgium), June 21st, the first day of summer (Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan and Syria), the first Sunday of September (Australia, New Zealand) and the second Saturday of November (Many Scandinavian countries).
Celebration of Father’s Day :-
- Father’s Day is Celebrated to honour the role of fathers and forefathers, paternal bonds and the influence of fathers in society.
- On Father’s Day many people make a special effort for their fathers or father figures.
- Some people visit their fathers, while others give cards, flowers or other gifts, such as clothing or sporting equipment, or luxury food items.
- On this day families get together prepare meals and distribute gifts to father’s or father figures.
- Many social and cultural societies host father’s day celebrations to stress the important role of fathers in nurturing children and building stronger society.
- On this day wish him a happy father’s day by spending the holiday together doing some of his favorite activities.
Dates for Father’s Day between 2015 and 2025 :-
|2015||21 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2016||19 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2017||18 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2018||17 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2019||16 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2020||21 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2021||20 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2022||19 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2023||18 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2024||16 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
|2025||15 June||Sunday||Father’s Day|
Wishes for Father’s Day :-
- On this day, wishing you a happy father’s day and wishing you a happiness and sunshine for the coming year. Thanks for all you are and all you do. Happy Father’s Day Pops!
- May the love and respect we feel for you make up for the worry and care we have caused you. Happy Father’s Day!
- There were times in my life when In did not understand but you always took the time to help me and be there for me. Thank you. Wishing you a very Happy Father’s Day!
- Today is your day. A day to celebrate and let you Know how much you are appreciated and loved Dad. Happy Father’s Day to the best father.
- Thank you for encouragement, for your love and support. I am so fortunate to have a Dad like you. Happy father’s day to a lovely Dad!
- You always worked so hard to provide for us.
You have always encouraged and support me.
And you are the best DAD to us!
Happy Father’s Day!
- Dad, may your day be filled with the love you till today. Happy Father’s Day Pops!
- Dad, there is saying that goes like this; “Any man can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a Dad!” You are that special man in my life, thanks Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- I don’t tell you enough how much you mean to me. But always Know in my heart. I give thanks to God for you. Happy Father’s Day DAD!
- The greatest gift, the most wonderful blessing in my life is having you as a Dad! Thanks for being a world best father. Happy Father’s Day!
Grandfather Wishes :-
- I am lucky as can be because I have you. I want you to know I appreciate everything you do! Happy Father’s Day, Grandpop!
- Happy Father’s Day, Grandpa! I have been given one of God’s greatest blessings a phenomenal grandfather!
- A grandfather holds a special place in our hearts…. right where all the love is! Enjoy your special day, we love you Grandpa! Happy Father’s Day.
- Grandpa, you are the thread which holds us together. You are our strength and happiness. Warm wishes on father’s day to the best grandfather!
What is Father’s Day?
Father’s Day is a celebration honoring fathers and Celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society.
Why do we celebrate Father’s Day in India?
To celebrate this special bond between Children and their father, Father’s day is Celebrated every year in the third Sunday of June. This year, it will be Celebrated on June 21 (Sunday) in India. It is believed that the day was started by an American woman who was raised by a widower.
Who started Father’s Day Celebration?
Father’s Day was founded in Spokane, Washington at the YMCA, in 1910 by Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Arkansas. It’s first Celebration was in the Spokane YMCA on June 19, 1910. Her father, the civil war Veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children there.
Where do they Celebrate Father’s Day?
It is Celebrated in Canada, the United kingdom, and the United States on the third Sunday of June. It is also observed in countries such as Argentina, Canada, France, India, Greece, Pakistan, Mexico, Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, and Venezuela.
When is Father’s Day?
The most popular date for Father’s day is the third Sunday in June. This date was first observed in USA and has been adopted by many countries. In Spain, Italy and Portugal, Father’s day is Celebrated on 19 March, which is the Feast of St. Joseph who is the patron saint of fathers.
How to celebrate Father’s Day?
Since Father’s day is a comparatively modern holiday different families Celebrate it in different ways. Traditionally, cards and musculine gifts are given out. Some of the father’s Day gift ideas include sporting gear, gadgets, and tools for household maintenance.
Prior to Father’s Day, you can help your children prepare handmade cards and gifts for their fathers. You could also hold a large party or a BBQ to honor all the father figures in your extended family. If your dad is still alive, wish him a happy Father’s day by spending the holiday together doing some of his favorite activities. If he loves Baseball, attend one with him since the holiday occurs in the midst of the Baseball season.
Full-Form of FATHER :–
- F – Fathers
- A – Accountable
- T – To
- H – Healthy
- E – Enduring
- R – Relationships and
- S – Spiritually
- F – Follower
- A – Adviser
- T – Teacher
- H – Honereble
- E – Educated
- R – Reminder
- F – Friendly
- A – Achiever
- T – Trustworthy
- H – Heroic
- E – Exceptional
- R – Really a great Person
- F – Forever
- A – Active
- T – To
- H – Hear
- E – Every
- R – Requirements
- F – Forever with his family
- A – Always there for you no matter what
- T – The only one who’s there
- H – He is my hero till the end
- E – Encouraging in everything I do
- R – Really the only one…. No one can beat him he is the best!
- F – Faithful
- A – All in one
- T – Talented
- H – Handsome
- E – Elegant
- R – Reflective
- F – Fantastic
- A – Always there
- T – Teaches me
- H – Hero
- E – Encouraging
- R – Really the greatest
- F – Fantastic in every way
- A – Always there for me
- T – Teaching me sports
- H – Hero to our family
- E – Expecting great things from me
- R – Really the greatest Dad ever
- F – Faithful
- A – Always there
- T – Trustworthy
- H – Honoring
- E – Ever-loving
- R – Righteous
- S – Supportive