Joey Lauren Adams is an American Actress and director whi appeared in several Kevin Smith Askewniverse filsm including chasing Amy for which she was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy. Joey Adams was born on 9 January 1968 in North Little Rock, Arkansas, she is been gradauted from Main High School in the mid-80s, and then spent a year abroad in Australia. After returning to the United States, she decided to focus on a career in performance, and subsequently moved to Hollywood. She began her professional on-camera career while a child with a small role in the film, “Exorcist II: The Heretic”. She did not begin pursuing an acting career formally until the early 90s, however. She has since gone on to co-star, or star, in such films as, “Dazed & Confused”, “Coneheads”, “Sleep with Me”, “Bio-Dome”, “Mallrats”, “Chasing Amy”, “Beautiful”, and “The Break-Up”. She has also appeared on such television shows as, “Married… with Children”, “Second Noah”, “Veronica Mars”, and “The United States of Tara”. She directed the award-winning feature film, “Come Early Morning”, and was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress for her work in “Chasing Amy”.
|Full Name||Joey Lauren Adams|
|Date of Birth||9th January 1968|
|Birth Place||North Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.|
|Profession||Actress & Director|
|Spouses||Brian Vilim married in 2014|
|Net Worth||$ 2 Million|
Joey Lauren Adams Early life & Career
Joey was born on 9th January 1968 in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Her father was a lumber yard owner. She moved to Hollywood in 1988 and beagin her film career as a child actress in 1977 with a small part in Exorcist II: The Heretic.That same year, she appeared in Bio Dome as Pauly Shore’s environmentally-conscious girlfriend; and in Coneheads, as a boisterous teen gal pal of Connie Conehead.She was in the film Mallrats, her first movie directed by Kevin Smith. She then received her first lead role, in Smith’s 1997 film Chasing Amy, opposite Ben Affleck. Adams received a great deal of attention for her portrayal of Alyssa Jones, a lesbian who falls for a man (Affleck). Smith wrote as well as directed the film, which was largely inspired by his relationship with Adams herself. She has also performed in “Amy” earned her both the 1997 Chicago Film Critics Award and Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award for “Most Promising Actress,” and a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture—Comedy/Musical.After having the female lead in the successful 1999 Adam Sandler film, Big Daddy, she would go on to appear in many smaller films, including A Cool, Dry Place, Beautiful and In the Shadows. In 2005, she had a guest role in an episode of TV show Veronica Mars. During 2006, Adams released her directorial debut, Come Early Morning, starring Ashley Judd, Jeffrey Donovan, Diane Ladd, Tim Blake Nelson and Laura Prepon. The film, shot on location in Little Rock and North Little Rock, was selected for the 2006 Sundance Film Festival.
Joey Lauren Adams Personal Life
Joey Lauren Adams is an American Actress and Director who was born on 9 January in 1968 in Little Rock, Arkansas USA. She is famous for Chasing Amy in a career that spans 1997 till present, She is a been in a relationship with Vince Vaughn (1997-1998) and with Kebin Smith (1995- 1997). At present she is married witn Brian Vilim in 2014.
Joey Lauren Adams Net Worth
Joey Lauren Adams net worth: Joey Lauren Adams is an American actress and director who has a net worth of $2 million dollars.
Joey Lauren Adams Physical Stats
This cool mysterious attractive actress originating from North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States has a slim body & heartshaped face type.
|Hair Color||Regular Blond|
|Eye color||Light Blue|
Joey Lauren Adams Filmography
- Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
- Coneheads (1993)
- Dazed and Confused (1993)
- The Program (1993)
- The Pros & Cons of Breathing (1994)
- Sleep with Me (1994)
- S.F.W. (1994)
- Mallrats (1995)
- Drawing Flies (1996)
- Bio-Dome (1996)
- Michael (1996)
- Chasing Amy (1997) (also composer of song “Alive” featured in the film)
- A Cool, Dry Place (1998)
- Emergency Room 2 (1999)
- Big Daddy (1999)
- Bruno (2000) (released on video re-titled as Dress Code)”
- Beautiful (2000)
- Harvard Man (2001)
- Dr. Dolittle 2 (2001) (voice)
- Reaching Normal (2001)
- In the Shadows (2001)
- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) (cameo)
- Grand Champion (2002)
- Beeper (2002)
- The Big Empty (2003)
- The Gunman (2004)
- Clerks: The Lost Scene (2004) (voice only)
- Love, Fear and Rabbits (2006)
- The Break-Up (2006)
- Come Early Morning (2006) (writer, director only)
- Trucker (2008)
Joey Lauren Adams Television Career
- Married With Children (1987-1997)(1993) (cameo in Season 7)
- Top of the Heap (1991)
- Second Noah (1996-1997) as Darby
- Veronica Mars (2006) (guest appearance)
- United States of Tara (2009-10) recurring as Pamela
Joey Lauren AdamsInspirational & Motivational Quotes
- My relationship with my father is pretty non-existent. – Joey Lauren Adams
- My life isn’t that dramatic. My dad really loves me, he just can’t talk on the phone. He’s too crippled and shy, and that’s almost harder. He’s there and he loves me, and I try and try and try, it’s just impossible to have a relationship. – Joey Lauren Adams
- A bonus: You don’t have to diet to direct. – Joey Lauren Adams
- ‘Chasing Amy’ was an amazing role, but then after that, I went and did ‘Big Daddy’ and you’re the girlfriend or you’re the best friend. I wasn’t getting the Nicole Kidman roles. – Joey Lauren Adams
Joey Lauren Adams Trivia
- Joey Lauren Adams started her career as a model and ventured into the showbiz industry.
- She is one of the popular actresses in the world of cinema.
- She is best known for her appearance on Chasing Amy.