Joey Lauren Adams is an American Actress and director whi appeared in several Kevin Smith Askewniverse filsm including chasing Amy for which she was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy. Joey Adams was born on 9 January 1968 in North Little Rock, Arkansas, she is been gradauted from Main High School in the mid-80s, and then spent a year abroad in Australia. After returning to the United States, she decided to focus on a career in performance, and subsequently moved to Hollywood.
She began her professional on-camera career while a child with a small role in the film, “Exorcist II: The Heretic”. She did not begin pursuing an acting career formally until the early 90s, however. She has since gone on to co-star, or star, in such films as, “Dazed & Confused”, “Coneheads”, “Sleep with Me”, “Bio-Dome”, “Mallrats”, “Chasing Amy”, “Beautiful”, and “The Break-Up”. She has also appeared on such television shows as, “Married… with Children”, “Second Noah”, “Veronica Mars”, and “The United States of Tara”. She directed the award-winning feature film, “Come Early Morning”, and was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress for her work in “Chasing Amy”.
|Name||Joey Lauren Adams|
|Nick Name||Joey Lauren|
|Date of Birth||9 January 1968|
|Age (2021)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||North Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Hometown||North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States|
|Collage||North Little Rock Northeast High School|
Joey Lauren Adams Early life & Career
Joey was born on 9th January 1968 in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Her father was a lumber yard owner. She moved to Hollywood in 1988 and beagin her film career as a child actress in 1977 with a small part in Exorcist II: The Heretic.That same year, she appeared in Bio Dome as Pauly Shore’s environmentally-conscious girlfriend; and in Coneheads, as a boisterous teen gal pal of Connie Conehead.
She was in the film Mallrats, her first movie directed by Kevin Smith. She then received her first lead role, in Smith’s 1997 film Chasing Amy, opposite Ben Affleck. Adams received a great deal of attention for her portrayal of Alyssa Jones, a lesbian who falls for a man (Affleck). Smith wrote as well as directed the film, which was largely inspired by his relationship with Adams herself.
She has also performed in “Amy” earned her both the 1997 Chicago Film Critics Award and Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award for “Most Promising Actress,” and a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture—Comedy/Musical.After having the female lead in the successful 1999 Adam Sandler film, Big Daddy, she would go on to appear in many smaller films, including A Cool, Dry Place, Beautiful and In the Shadows. In 2005, she had a guest role in an episode of TV show Veronica Mars. During 2006, Adams released her directorial debut, Come Early Morning, starring Ashley Judd, Jeffrey Donovan, Diane Ladd, Tim Blake Nelson and Laura Prepon. The film, shot on location in Little Rock and North Little Rock, was selected for the 2006 Sundance Film Festival.
Joey Lauren Adams Films
|1993||Dazed and Confused||Simone Kerr|
|1993||The Program||Louanne Winters|
|1993||The Pros & Cons of Breathing||Shirley|
|1994||Sleep with Me||Lauren|
|1996||Drawing Flies||Hippy Chick|
|1997||Chasing Amy||Alyssa Jones|
|1998||A Cool, Dry Place||Beth Ward|
|1999||Big Daddy||Layla Maloney|
|2001||Harvard Man||Chesney Cort|
|2001||Dr. Dolittle 2||Squirrel (voice)|
|2001||In the Shadows||Clarissa Huston|
|2001||Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back||Alyssa Jones|
|2002||Beeper||Inspector Julia Hyde|
|2003||The Big Empty||Grace|
|2011||Big Swim||The Egg|
|2011||Apart||Dr. Jane Sheppard|
|2012||The Birthday Present||Mom|
|2013||A Country Christmas||Renae Logan|
|2013||She Loves Me Not||Beth|
|2014||Making the Rules||Becca|
|2014||All the Birds Have Flown South||Tonya|
|2019||Jay and Silent Bob Reboot||Alyssa Jones|
Joey Lauren Adams Television
|1991||Top of the Heap||Mona Mullins|
|1991||Married… with Children||Mona Mullins|
|1991||Married… with Children||Cousin Effie|
|1992||Vinnie & Bobby||Mona Mullins|
|1992||CBS Schoolbreak Special||Dianne|
|1993||Married… with Children||Janie|
|1995||Love & War||Vicky|
|1995||Out of Order||Whitney|
|1995||Double Rush||Dee Dee|
|2003||As Told by Ginger||Thea Mipson|
|2005||What’s New, Scooby-Doo?||Rachel (voice)|
|2005||Veronica Mars||Geena Stafford|
|2009–10||Party Down||Diandra Stiltskin|
|2010||United States of Tara||Pammy|
|2013–14||Switched at Birth||Jeniece Papagus|
|2015||Grey’s Anatomy||Dr. Tracy McConnell|
|2016–17||Still the King||Debbie Lynn Cooke|
Joey Lauren Adams Relationship / Martial Status & Many More
Joey Lauren Adams is an American Actress and Director who was born on 9 January in 1968 in Little Rock, Arkansas USA. She is famous for Chasing Amy in a career that spans 1997 till present, She is a been in a relationship with Vince Vaughn (1997-1998) and with Kebin Smith (1995- 1997). At present she is married witn Brian Vilim in 2014.
|Affairs / Boyfriend||Vince Vaughn (1997-1998) |
Kebin Smith (1995- 1997)
Brian Vilim in 2014
Joey Lauren Adams Physical Stats
This cool mysterious attractive actress originating from North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States has a slim body & heartshaped face type.
|Hair Color||Regular Blond|
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
|Eye color||Light Blue|
Joey Lauren Adams Net Worth
Joey Lauren Adams net worth: Joey Lauren Adams is an American actress and director who has a net worth of $2 million dollars.
|Net Worth||$ 2 Million Doller|
|Income||Actress and director|
Joey Lauren Inspirational & Motivational Quotes
- My relationship with my father is pretty non-existent. – Joey Lauren Adams
- My life isn’t that dramatic. My dad really loves me, he just can’t talk on the phone. He’s too crippled and shy, and that’s almost harder. He’s there and he loves me, and I try and try and try, it’s just impossible to have a relationship. – Joey Lauren Adams
- A bonus: You don’t have to diet to direct. – Joey Lauren Adams
- ‘Chasing Amy’ was an amazing role, but then after that, I went and did ‘Big Daddy’ and you’re the girlfriend or you’re the best friend. I wasn’t getting the Nicole Kidman roles. – Joey Lauren Adams
- There were days that I literally had no reason to get out of bed. It just was so destructive for me.
- The last person they expected to connect with a screenplay was the comedic, blonde actress with the funny voice.
- It’s not like you can wake up and realize, ‘Oh, I want intimacy,’ and then it happens that day.
- I was never one of those people who thought, ‘What I really want to do is direct.’ It never occurred to me.
- I think, ultimately, looking back now, acting wasn’t satisfying me 100%.
- I like decorative, functional things that I feel comfortable in.
- I am one of the few actresses who isn’t recognized by the way she looks. I’m recognized by the way I talk.
- For women in their 30s, it’s so hard to get good parts.
- Definition of an independent film is torture with less money and time.
- A bonus: You don’t have to diet to direct.
- My relationship with my father is pretty non-existent.
- I don’t think I was fully satisfied acting. You know, the girlfriend role or the best friend role, and that wasn’t enough for me.
- A genius is one who can do anything except make a living.
- I want to feel passion, I want to feel pain. I want to weep at the sound of your name. Come make me laugh, come make me cry… just make me feel alive.
- No one was jumping up and saying, ‘Yeah, let me give you money.’ I had never held a camera in my hand – a home video camera, nothing. I had not directed.
- My life isn’t that dramatic. My dad really loves me, he just can’t talk on the phone. He’s too crippled and shy, and that’s almost harder. He’s there and he loves me, and I try and try and try, it’s just impossible to have a relationship.
- It just gets frustrating playing the girlfriend, It’s just this awful feeling, sitting in your house, waiting for a script to come. I like to be more proactive.
Joey Lauren Adams Trivia
- Joey Adams was born on 9 January 1968.
- She is the youngest child of three children’s.
- Adams married Brian Vilim in 2014
- Joey Lauren Adams started her career as a model and ventured into the showbiz industry.
- She is one of the popular actresses in the world of cinema.
- She is best known for her appearance on Chasing Amy.
- In 2006 she moved after 19 years from Los Angeles to Oxford, MS.
- In December 2003 was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving in San Diego, CA.
- Is a fan of country music and wrote the song she sings in Chasing Amy (1997).
- Won the Chicago Film Critics “Most Promising Actress” award in 1997 for her performance in Chasing Amy (1997).
- Moved to Hollywood in 1988.
Joey Lauren Adams Social Profile
Joey Lauren Adams Instagram Profile
- Who is joey lauren husband ?
- Joey Lauren is married to Brian Vilim
- How old is joey lauren ?
- As of 2021, Joey Lauren is 53 Years Old.
- When joey lauren married?
- She married Brian Vilim in 2014.
- What is joey lauren net worth ?
- Joey Lauren net worth is $ 2 Million Dolller
- What is joey lauren height?
- Joey Lauren height is 1.65 in meter.
- What is joey lauren eye color ?
- Joey Lauren color is brown