David Chipperfield is an British architect who was known for his modern minimal designs. David is one of the famous and trending celebrities who is popular for being an Architect. David Chipperfield is an English architect. He was born on 18 December 1953, in London, England. His birth name is David Alan Chipperfield and he is currently 67 years old. Sir David Alan Chipperfield CBE RA RDI RIBA is a British Architect. He is one of the successful architects. He has ranked on the list of those famous people who were born on 18 December 1953. He is one of the Richest architects. He also has a position among the list of most popular architects. He is a prominent modernist designer of cultural and municipal buildings in Europe, the U.S and China. He refused to institute a house style for his firm, opting instead for a philosophical approach to his designs. David Chipperfield is a well known Architect.
His popular book is David Chipperfield – Architectural Works 1990-2002. He studied at the Kingston School of Art and got his degree in architecture from the Architectural Association in London. After graduating he worked at the practices of Douglas Stephen, Richard Rogers and Norman Foster, established David Chipperfield Architects in 1984 and the practice currently has over 180 staff at its offices in London, Berlin, Milan and Shanghai. He gained notoriety during the 1980s in Japan.
|Full Name||David Alan Chipperfield|
|Date of birth||18 December 1953|
|Birth place||London, England|
|Age (as in 2021)||65 Years old|
|Famous As||Architect, University teacher|
- Chipperfield studied Architecture at Kingston Polytechnic, graduating in 1967 along with the Architectural Association in London.
- He worked at the practices of Douglas Stephen, Richard Rogers and Norman Foster, and in 1984 established his own practice, David Chipperfield Architects.
- The practice- which has four offices in London, Berlin, Milan and Shanghai J.S. Marcus (October 29, 2009), Wall Street journal – has over 250 staff from 15 countries, working on a variety of projects in Europe, the United States and China.
David Chipperfield Personal life –
He fathered three children with his second wife, Evelyn Stern, and one child from his first marriage.
David Chipperfield Family –
Famous architect David Chipperfield was born on 18 December 1953 (age 67 years), London, United Kingdom. He is son of Alan John Chipperfield and mother Peggy Chipperfield.
|Father||Alan John Chipperfield|
David Chipperfield Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Famous British architect David Chipperfield is married to his longtime love Evelyn Stem. The couple have four children’s.
|Spouse (second wife)||Evelyn Stern|
David Chipperfield Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
David Chipperfield Net worth –
His net worth has been growing significantly in previous years. David Chipperfield’s source of Income is mostly from being a successful Architect. David Chipperfield’s net worth is estimated to be in the range of approximately $ 1 Million – $ 5 Million dollars.
|Net Worth||Between $ 1 Million – $ 5 Million|
David Chipperfield Trivia –
- He opened his own practice, David Chipperfield Architects, in 984, with offices in London, Milan, Berlin and Shanghai.
David Chipperfield Early Life and Education –
- Chipperfield was born in London in 1953, and graduated in 1976 from Kingston School of Art in London.
- He studied architecture at the Architectural Association (AA) in London, receiving his diploma in architecture in 1977.
- He worked in the offices of several notable architects, including Douglas Stephen, Norman Foster and Richard Rogers, before founding his own firm, David Chipperfield Architects, in 1985.
- As a young architect Chipperfield championed the historically-attuned, place-specific work of continental architects such as Moneo, Snozzi and Siza through the 9H Gallery situated in the front room of his London office.
- He first established his reputation designing store interiors in London, Paris, Tokyo and New York.
- In 2000, Chipperfield was one of the Architects to represent Britain at the Venice Biennale of Architecture.
David Chipperfield Major Work –
Some of his major contributions to the field are –
- River and Rowing Museum, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, UK (1989–1997)
- Figge Art Museum, Davenport, Iowa, USA (1999–2005)
- Museum of Modern Literature, Germany (2002–2006)
- Hotel Puerta America, third floor, Madrid, Spain (2003–2005)
- America’s Cup Building, Valencia, Spain (2005–2006)
- Liangzhu Culture Museum, Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, China (2007)
- Neues Museum, Museum Island Berlin (1997-2009)
- Museum Folkwang, Essen, Germany (2007-2010)
- City of Justice, Barcelona (2002-2011)
- Turner Contemporary, Margate, Kent, UK (2011)
- The Hepworth Wakefield, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, UK (2011)
- Café Royal Hotel, London (2008-2012)
- Saint Louis Art Museum, Missouri (2005-2013)
- Museo Jumex, Mexico (2009-2013)
- Valentino New York Flagship Store, New York (2014)
David Chipperfield Inspirational & Motivational Quotes
- It is difficult to separate oneself from one’s design moralities. – David Chipperfield
- Britain loves a bargain, but you don’t get good, lasting architecture on the cheap. – David Chipperfield
- The difference between good and bad architecture is the time you spend on it. – David Chipperfield
- I suppose I’m trying to build an architecture that’s as timeless as possible, although we’re all creatures of our age. – David Chipperfield
- I don’t think architecture is radical. How can something that takes years and costs millions be radical? – David Chipperfield
- I like to be surrounded by books. My wife Evelyn has a Ph.D. in comparative literature, so we have a lot of her Spanish and German literature books which are wasted on me, plus a lot of novels and books on art and architecture shared by us both. Evelyn used to edit an art magazine called ‘FMR,’ so we have a common interest in design. – David Chipperfield
- If you look at a building by Mies van der Rohe, it might look very simple, but up close, the sheer quality of construction, materials and thought are inspirational. – David Chipperfield
- A building is no good if someone’s got to explain to you why it’s good. You can’t say you don’t know enough about architecture – that’s ridiculous. It’s got to work on many levels. – David Chipperfield
- Seeing architecture differently from the way you see the rest of life is a bit weird. I believe one should be consistent in all that one does, from the books you read to the way you bring up your children. Everything you do is connected. – David Chipperfield
- Architecture has curled up in a ball and it’s about itself. It has found itself either as a freakshow, where you’re not sure if it’s good or bad but at least it’s interesting, or at the behest of forces of commerce. – David Chipperfield
- Who is David Chipperfield wife?
- Actress Hazal Kaya is married to Turkish actor, musician, screenwriter and director Ali Atay.
- What is David Chipperfield networth?
- Yes, Actress Hazal Kaya is marred, She is married to famous actor, musician, screenwriter and director Ali Atay.
- What is David Chipperfield age?
- As of 2021, David Chipperfield is 67 years old.
- Whp is David Chipperfield parents ?
- David Chipperfield estimated net worth is $1-$5 Million Doller.
- What is David Chipperfield height?
- David Chipperfield height is 1.65 in meter.
- What is David Chipperfield eye color ?
- His eye color is green