Daniel Jonathan Stevens is a famous English actor and model, He is also known as Daniel Stevens. Daniel is one of the most famous actor and model. He is known for his roles in the TV series ‘Downton Abbey’ where he portrayed Matthew Crawley, ‘Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb’, and the horror thriller film ‘The Guest’, where he played the leading character David. His effective motion pictures are Beauty and the Beast (2017), Marshall (2017) and the true to life Show The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017). He is currently 38 years old.
Daniel Stevens was born on 10 October 1982, in Croydon, London, in the United Kingdom. He was adopted at birth by parents who were both teachers, and grew up in Wales and southeast England. He has a biological younger brother, Jason Andrew Stevens, who was adopted by different parents. Stevens studied English Literature at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. He was first spotted by director Peter Hall at a Marlowe Society production of Macbeth, in which he played the title character alongside Hall’s daughter, actress Rebecca Hall.
Daniel Secret married his long time girlfriend Susie Hariet, who is a South African jazz singer and singing teacher. The couple has three children, They have two daughter Willow (born 2009) and Eden (born 2016), and a son, Aubrey (born 2012).
|Full Name||Daniel Jonathan Stevens|
|Date of birth||10 October 1982|
|Birth place||Croydon, London, England|
|Age (as of 2021)||38 years old|
|Occupation||Actor, Voice-over Artist, Writer, Critic|
|Years active||2004 – present|
Dan Stevens Career –
In 2004, Dan Stevens began his professional career when he was cast by Peter Hall in his touring production of ‘As You Like it’, by the famous playwright William Shakespeare. This role earned him a commendation at the Ian Charleson Awards in 2004. Later in 2006, he was cast as Nick Guest in The Line of Beauty. The same year, he also played a supporting role in the TV film ‘Dracula’ which was adapted from Bram Stoker’s novel of the same name. He appeared in the TV film ‘Maxwell’ in a supporting role in 2007.
Meanwhile, he also continued to appear in plays, such as ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ (2005), ‘The Romans in Britain’ (2006) and ‘The Vortex’ (2008).
He made his feature film debut with the 2009 film ‘Hilde’. From 2010 to 2012, he appeared in the period drama series ‘Downton Abbey’ in an important role. His role not only brought him popularity but it also won him the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Ensemble’ (shared with the rest of the cast). After appearing in movies such as ‘Vamps’ (2012) and ‘The Fifth Estate’ (2013), he played his first lead role in the horror thriller film ‘The Guest’ (2014). Though the film was a commercial failure, it was met with positive reviews.
In 2014, he played main roles in the films ‘A Walk Among the Tombstones’ and ‘The Cobbler’. The former was a commercial success while the latter was a huge financial disaster. He next appeared in the film ‘Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb’ in 2014. Directed by Shawn Levy, the film was a huge success commercially. He was then seen in the crime thriller film ‘Criminal Activities’ in 2015. He appeared in three films in 2016: the drama film ‘The Ticket’, the political drama ‘Moderate: The Tragic Rise and Fall of a New York Fixer’, and the sci-fi black comedy film ‘Colossal’.
His most successful work till date is undoubtedly the 2017 romantic fantasy film ‘Beauty and the Beast’. He appeared alongside the popular British actress Emma Watson, playing the male lead. The movie was based on the fairy tale of the same name. Directed by Bill Condon, the film was a huge success financially. It became the second highest grossing film of the year and was also received favorably by the critics. His other recent works include the biographical drama film ‘Marshall’ as well as another biographical film ‘The Man Who Invented Christmas’. Since January 2017, he has also been playing the lead role in the sci-fi psychological horror sci-fi TV series ‘Legion’.
In 2018, Stevens starred in the Netflix thriller Film Apostle, directed by Gareth Huw Evans. In 2019, he co-starred in the drama Lucy in the sky. In 2020, Stevens co-starred alongside Harrison Ford in The Call of the Wild, released on 21 February 2020.
Dan Stevens Other Work –
Stevens has narrated over 30 audiobooks, including Casino Royale, Wolf Hall and War Horse. He was nominated for two Audie Awards, in the classic category and Solo Narration (Male) category for Frankenstein in 2014. Outside Acting, Stevens maintains an interest in writing and literature and is editor-at-large for The Junket, an online quarterly which he co-founded in 2011 with some friends. He was a member of the judging panel for the 2012 Man Booker Prize for Fiction, and was a regular columnist for the Sunday Telegraph.
A cricket enthusiast, he played for the Authors XI team, which is composed of a number of prominent British writers, in 2012. He also contributed a chapter to the team’s book The Authors XI: A Season of English Cricket from Hackney to Hambledon, which was shortlisted for the 2014 Cricket Society and M.C.C. Book of the Year Award. Stevens is multilingual. Besides English, he is also fluent in French and German.
Dan Stevens Personal Life –
In 2006, Dan Stevens met Susie Hariet. She is a singing teacher and South African jazz singer. They got married in 2009, and had their first child in 2012, a daughter named Willow, the same year. They were blessed with their second child, a son Aubrey. In 2016, they welcomed their third child, a daughter named Eden. In 2012, the actor’s family moved to New York.
Dan Stevens Family/ Relationship and More –
He and his younger brother were both adopted. He married Jazz vocalist and teacher Susie Hariet.
They have three childrens: daughters Willow (born 2009), Eden (born 2016) and a son, Aubrey (born 2012) with Jazz vocalist and teacher Susie Hariet.
|Father||Teacher (adoptive parent)|
|Mother||Teacher (adoptive parent)|
|Siblings||Younger brother (also adopted, biologically born to a different mother from Dan’s)|
|Marriage Date||M. 2009|
|Children(s)||3 (two daughters and one son)|
Dan Stevens Height, Weight & Physical State-
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 75 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
Dan Stevens Net worth –
Dan Stevens net worth is estimated to be between $4 Million – $5 Million dollars. He earned the money for being an expert movie Actor.
|Net worth||Between $4 Million – $5 Million|
|Source of Income||As an Actor|
Dan Stevens Trivia –
He has narrated more than 30 audiobooks on his way to earning two Audie Award Nominations. In 2014, he was up for the The Cricket Society and M.C.C. Book of the year Award.
Dan Stevens Life and Education –
Dan Stevens was born on 10th October 1982 in Croydon, London in the United Kingdom. He was adopted as soon as he was born. Both his adoptive parents were teachers by profession. He has an adoptive younger brother as well, with whom he grew up in Wales and southeast England.
Dan Stevens attended Tonbridge Boarding School situated in Kent on a scholarship basis. He developed an interest in acting after he auditioned for the titular role in the play ‘Macbeth.’ From the age of 15, he also started taking summer training in the National Youth Theatre in London. Later, while he was studying at the Emmanuel College, Cambridge University, he was spotted by director Peter Hall when he was playing the titular character in ‘Macbeth’ alongside Hall’s daughter Rebecca Hall.
|College||Emmanuel College, Cambridge|
|Qualification||Degree in English literature|
Some unknown facts about Dan Stevens
- Adopted at birth by middle-class teachers
- Knew he wanted to become an actor while in primary school
- Honed his acting chops with Britain’s National Youth Theatre
- Pursued stand-up comedy for a time during his college years
- Joined the amateur theatrical Footlights Dramatic Club while at Cambridge
- Discovered by British theatrical-film director Peter Hall, who spotted him in a Footlights production of Macbeth opposite Hall’s daughter Rebecca
- Editor-at-large for the Junket, an online quarterly magazine
- Writes a column for the Sunday Telegraph (a British newspaper)
Dan Stevens Inspirational & Motivational Quotes
- My dad tells me that he took us to a pantomime when I was very, very small – panto being a sort of English phenomenon. There’s traditionally a part of the show where they’ll invite kids up on the stage to interact with the show. I was too young to remember this, but my dad says that I was running up onstage before they even asked us. – Dan Stevens
- We take so many of our freedoms for granted nowadays – I can travel where I like, I can have a baby when I like, I can do any job I want – but I do think chivalry has been lost a little bit. – Dan Stevens
- At the age of 11 I was about 6 ft. tall and my voice had completely broken. That caused problems. I was this gangly, spotty, very unattractive kid. I wasn’t cool and I wasn’t a nerd. I didn’t even want to fit in with anyone. – Dan Stevens
- I’ve never tried to find my real parents. I’m very grateful to my mum and dad for adopting me – they’re completely incredible people. It was my dad who encouraged me to question everything, to forge my own path, to think, to read. I always felt it was my right to question everything. – Dan Stevens
- A British porch is a musty, forbidding non-room in which to fling a sodden umbrella or a muddy pair of boots; a guard against the elements and strangers. By contrast the good ol’ American front porch seems to stand for positivity and openness; a platform from which to welcome or wave farewell; a place where things of significance could happen. – Dan Stevens
- Who is Dan Stevens Wife ?
- Dan Stevens is married to South African jazz singer and singing teacher Susie Hariet.
- What is Dan Stevens net worth ?
- Dan Stevens net worth is estimated to be between $4 Million – $5 Million dollars. He earned the money for being an expert movie Actor.
- What is Dan Stevens height?
- Dan Stevens height is 1.65 in meter.
- What is Dan Stevens height in feet ?
- Dan Stevens height is 5 feet 3 inches.
- What is Dan Stevens children name ?
- His daughter name is Willow (born 2009) and Eden (born 2016), and a son, Aubrey (born 2012).