Antoine Predock is an American architect based in Albuquerque, New York, Mexico. He was born on 24 June 1936 in Lebanon, Missouri, United States. He is the principal of Antoine Predock Architect PC. The studio was established in 1967.
- Predock first gained national attention with the La Luz community in Albuquerque, New York, Mexico.
- He won “The first National design competition” was held by the Nelson Fine Arts Center at Arizona State University.
- He has been recognized for his unique ability to design highly contextual works that respond to their environment.
- Some of his major projects have included the Turtle Creek House, built in 1993 for bird enthusiasts along a prehistoric trail in Texas, the Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs NY, the San Diego Padres Ballpark, Austin City Hall in Texas, Tacoma Art Museum in Tacoma.
- He has also worked on international sites such as the National Palace Museum Southern Branch in Southern Taiwan and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Predock says his design has been highly influenced by his connection to New York, Mexico.
|Date of Birth||24 June 1936|
|Birth Place||Lebanon, Missouri, United States|
|Hometown||Lebanon, Missouri, United States|
|School||Local Private School|
|Collage|| University of Missouri in Columbia School of Engineering|
University of New Mexico
Antoine Predock Career –
- Predock won the 2006 AIA Gold Medal, and in 2007 he was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum.
- In 1967, Predock established his first office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. As of April 2019, Predock and his team have offices in Albuquerque and Taipa.
- In 1985, the architect was awarded the Rome prize with residency and study at the American Academy in Rome.
- He developed his unique, instantly recognisable language, characterised by poetic bold forms, evoking ancient ruins and seemingly emerging right out of the local geology, effectively blurring the distinction between manmade and natural, turning his fractured buildings into seamless environments that he refers to as rides.
- He and his firm have planned, developed, and collaborated on over 100 buildings and projects.
- They were shown in more than 60 exhibitions, 250 books, and over 1,000 publications.
- He has also held various teaching positions in at least 14 universities in the United States and other countries.
Antoine Predock Personal Life –
Antoine Predock born on 24 June 1936, in Lebanon, Missouri, United States. He studied at the University of New Mexico. Before earning a bachelor of architecture from Columbia University, he married Constance De Jong and they both have two children, named Hadrian Predock 45 and Jason Predock 43.
Early Life and Education –
- Antoine Predock was born on 24 June 1936, in Lebanon, Missouri, United States. He considers himself a native of Albuquerque, though he did not move there until college.
- Predock credits his mother, who had majored in Humanities, and his father, an engineer, for his technical interests.
- Predock first attended the University of Missouri in Columbia School of Engineering, then the University of New Mexico, where he studied engineering, emulating his father.
- Although he was successful in school, Predock found little fulfilment in his studies in engineering.
- After completing a technical drawing course taught by Don Schlegel, a professor of Architecture at the University of New Mexico, Predock began to reconsider his choice of profession.
- After a short hiatus from academic life, he returned to the University of New Mexico, at age 21 to study architecture.
- Schlegel acted as Advisor to the Predock for the last time in the program of architecture at UNM. In the end, Schlegel said to Predock that he took advantage of all that UNM had to offer and encouraged him to apply elsewhere.
- Predock did, and was accepted to Columbia University, where he obtained his B.A in architecture.
Antoine Predock Family/ Relationship & More –
Antoine Predock father’s and mother’s name is not known. When we have any information about his family, then we will update soon.
Before earning a bachelor of architecture from Columbia University, he married Constance De Jong, and they have two children, named Hadrian Predock and Jason Predock.
|Spouse||Constance De Jong|
|Children||Hadrian Predock and Jason Predock|
Antoine Predock Net Worth-
According to various sources, Antoine Predock’s net worth has grown significantly in 2021. Antoine Predock’s net worth is estimated to be in the range of approximately $1 Million. The source of Income is architect.
|Net worth||Approximately $1 Million|
|Source of Income||Architect|
Antoine Predock Notable projects
1970 – La Luz Community, New Mexico
1971 – University of New Mexico Law School building
1979 – Albuquerque Museum, New Mexico
1982 – Rio Grande Nature Center, New Mexico
1989 – Nelson Fine Arts Center, Arizona State University, Arizona
1990 – Las Vegas Central Library + Children’s Museum, Nevada
1991 – Mandell Weiss Forum, University of California, San Diego
1991 – Venice Beach House, California
1992 – Classroom + Laboratory Building, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona)
1992 – Hotel Santa Fe at Euro Disney, France
1993 – American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming
1993 – Turtle Creek House, Texas
1994 – Mesa Public Library, Los Alamos, New Mexico
1994 – Social Sciences + Humanities Building, University of California, Davis
1994 – Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, California
1995 – Museum of Science & Industry, Florida
1995 – Ventana Vista School, Arizona
1996 – Center for Integrated Systems, Stanford University, California
1996 – Center for Musical Arts, University of California, Santa Cruz
1997 – Arizona Science Center, Arizona
1997 – Center for Nanoscale Science + Technology, Rice University, Texas
1997 – Dance Studio, University of California, San Diego
1997 – Spencer Theater, New Mexico
2000 – McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota
2000 – Tang Teaching Museum – Skidmore College, New York
2003 – Robert Hoag Rawlings Public Library, Colorado
2003 – Tacoma Art Museum, Washington
2004 – Austin City Hall, Texas
2004 – Flint RiverQuarium, Georgia
2004 – Performing Arts + Learning Center, Pima Community College, Arizona
2004 – San Diego Padres Petco Park, California
2004 – National Palace Museum Southern Branch, Taiwan, withdrawn in 2008
2006 – Discovery Canyon Campus, Colorado
2006 – Highlands Pond House
2006 – Recreation Facility, Ohio State University, Ohio
2007 – George Pearl Hall, School of Architecture, University of New Mexico
2007 – Indian Community School, Franklin, Wisconsin
2007 – Doudna Fine Arts Center, Eastern Illinois University
2008 – Trinity River Audubon Center, Dallas, Texas
2008 – Edith Kinney Gaylord Cornerstone Arts Center, Colorado College
2014 – Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg, Manitoba
In Progress – Inn at the French Laundry, California
Antoine Predock Awards and honors
- International Fellow, Royal Institute of British Architects (2015)
- Fellow, Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (2014)
- Senior Fellow, Design Futures Council (2010)
- Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum Lifetime Achievement Award (2007)
- AIA Gold Medal (2006)
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, University of Minnesota (2001)
- New Mexico Governor’s Award for Excellence in the Arts (1989)
- Fellow, American Academy in Rome (1985)
- William Kinne Fellows Traveling Prize, Columbia University (1962-63)
Antoine Predock Inspirational & Motivational Quotes
- I didn’t know what architecture was except that I lived in a house. I don’t even think that I knew the word for a long time. My dad funneled me into engineering because it was his background. – Antoine Predock
- The connection to place, to the land, the wind, the sun, stars, the moon… it sounds romantic, but it’s true – the visceral experience of motion, of moving through time on some amazing machine – a few cars touch on it, but not too many compared to motorcycles. I always felt that any motorcycle journey was special. – Antoine Predock
- Architecture is a ride – a physical ride and an intellectual ride. – Antoine Predock
- I try to understand place on a deeper level than just the physical or environmental aspects. It includes cultural and intellectual forces, too. It’s an inclusive approach that brings in many disciplines and sees place as a dynamic thing. – Antoine Predock
- A building that has great environmental responsibility is a political animal in a way because it becomes promotional of a cause. I think that kind of advocacy through architecture is really good. – Antoine Predock
- I like to think about machines and technology in relation to landscape and architecture. – Antoine Predock
- Underwater, I experience space with my body. I’ll see a school of fish gathering and moving together and I’ll exclaim, ‘This is architecture.’ – Antoine Predock
- The body moves through space every day, and in architecture in cities that can be orchestrated. Not in a dictatorial fashion, but in a way of creating options, open-ended sort of personal itineraries within a building. And I see that as akin to cinematography or choreography, where episodic movement, episodic moments, occur in dance and film. – Antoine Predock
- Who is Antoine Predock wife?
- Antoine Predock married to Constance De Jong
- What is Antoine Predock children name ?
- Antoine Predock children’s name is Hadrian Predock and Jason Predock
- Antoine Predock biography?
- Antoine Predock is a famous architect based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He is the principal of Antoine Predock Architect PC, the studio he founded in 1967.
- What is Antoine Predock net worth ?
- Antoine Predock estimated net worth is $ 6 Million Dolller
- What is Antoine Predock height?
- Hazal Kaya height is 1.65 in meter.
- What is Antoine Predock eye color ?
- Her eye color is black
- How old is Antoine Predock ?
- Antoine Predock is 85 years old as of 2021.