The Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti is been culturally celebrated by the Bengalis around to remarks the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti. Since Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti was a great writer he was only one who has written three different National Anthems for three different countries. He wrote “Jana Gana Mana ’’ the national Anthem of India. He has also wrote the “AmarSonarBangla” the national Anthem for Bangladesh and the third national Anthem was “:Nama Nama Sri Lanka Mata” in Bengali for the Bangladesh.
Born in – In Calcutta, India
May 07, 1861
Died – August 07, 1941
Genre – Poetry & Arts, Literature & Fiction, Spiritually & Philosophy, Songs
In 1901 Tagore founded an experimental school in rural areas of West Bengal at Shantiniketan where he sought to mix the best in the Indian and Western traditions. He settled permanently at the school, which became Visva-Bharati University in 1921. Years of sadness arising from the deaths of his wife and two children between 1902 and 1907 are reflected in his later poetry, which was introduced to the West in Gitanjali (Song Offering).
In 1940 Oxford University arranged a special ceremony in Santiniketan and awarded Rabindranath Tagore with Doctorate Of Literature. Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore passed away on August 7, 1941 in his ancestral home in Calcutta.
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti was a professional writer not only he writes National Anthems for different countries but he also wrote different shorts stories, plays, He was a multifaceted personality he began writing stories and poems when he was only eight year old and not only this he released his first collection of poem when he was just 16 year old.
Since he was a great writer and no one competition him in writing stories and Plays. Some of her best books are here to celebrate his birthday
Famous novels, shorts stories and Plays by Rabindranath Tagore
Gitanjali.- Also know as Song Offering, Rabindranath gitanjali was a collection of poems, orinally written in Bengali and after translated in English. Rabindranath Tagore has also won the Novel Price for the Book Gitanjali
Gora.- The Novel Gora is the largest and complex novel of the 12 novels written by the Rabindranath Tagore. The Gora is longest novel of all 12 of Rabindranath Tagore. The novel is been enriched in the Philosophy debate on Political and religions.
The Postmaster – This is a touching story of a city-bred young man working as a postmaster in a remote village to earn his bread and butter.]
Chokher bali – The Novel is been written by Tagore, The Novel revolves the around an extra- marital affair. It is a short story about the passion desires, relationships, unfulfilled dreams as well as honesty. The complexity of relationships and of human character are very well portrayed in this novel.
Some Famous Quotes by Rabindranath Tagore
- * Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.
- * You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
- * Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
- * The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
- * A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
- * Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.
- * Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.
- * Facts are many, but the truth is one.
- * Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.
- * Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.