Nancy Momoland is also recognized by her Korean names Lee Seung-ti, Lee Geu-roo. She is famous for her nicknames Jo Nancy and Aenen. Nancy Momoland is a professional Korean-American singer, actress, and host. Her full name is Nancy Jewel McDonie, she was born on April 13, 2000, in Nam-gu, Daegu, South Korea. Nancy is the younger daughter of her parents. Her father Richard Lee Mcdonie is a retired American Lieutenant from US Army. her mother Lee Myung-Joo is a housewife who belongs from South Korea. Nancy Momoland was born and raised in Nam-gu Daegu South Korea. She was raised by her family with her older sister Brenda Jewel McDaniel.
Nancy is one of the most famous and beautiful singers and performers based in South Korea. She is a South Korean singer under Duble Kick Entertainment. She is a member of a girl group Momoland and the group’s lead vocalist, lead dancer, visual, center, and maknae. Nancy had done a variety of tv shows and commercials. Some of her renowned lead roles in television shows include Hangul Train Chipo (2010), Korea’s Got Talent(2011), The Unlimited Show (2011-2013), Olala School 2 (2014), Idol Acting Competition (2017), Idol Star Athletics Championships (2018-2020), King of Mask Singer (2020) and Godiva Show (2021). Nancy Momoland is one of the top lead singers and performers. she is one of the highest-paid singers in the Korean singing and dancing industry.
Nancy is one of the most famous and beautiful Korean singers and dancers. Nancy Momoland is a great artist with some of the best skills. Nancy was born and raised in Nam-gu, Daegu, South Korea with her family. Nancy has completed her primary education at the Wolbae Elementary School, Daegu. Hyoja Elementary School, Pohang, and Hanlim Multi Art School, Seoul, South Korea (2018). She has completed graduation with a Bachelor of Media & Visual Acting from Sungshin Women’s University, Seoul. Nancy Momoland started her career as a constant in the reality show Korea’s Got Talent as part of the hip hop group called ‘Cutie Pies” in 2011.
In 2011, Nancy Momoland begins her journey to become a successful singer and dancing. She started auditioning in Korea’s Got Talent as part of a hip-hop group called “Cutie Pies”. After winning the competition. Nancy appeared in several TV programs which including “The Unlimited”. And also participated in Mak Ee Rae Show: Just Do It Expedition. Nancy got a chance to travel to the Philippines and Saipan with South Korean actress Kim Yoo-Jung. In 2016, Nancy became a contestant in Mnet’s reality survival show Finding Momoland. The constant aims to select the members of MLD Entertainments. The new girl group Momoland. In the constant Nancy was the second runner-up. On November 10, 2016. Nancy released her first debut with the group with the mini-album Welcome to Momoland.
Nancy Momoland released her solo album “Wonderful Love”. In April 2017, Nancy is very popular on a social media platform and has also been famed as Tik Tok Star from South Korea. The beautiful singer is also known for her lip sync videos, funny videos, and romantic videos.
|Real Name||Nancy Jewel McDonie|
Lee Seung-ri (Korean Name)
Lee Geu-roo (Korean Name)
|Nick Name||Jo Nancy|
|Profession||Singer, Actress, Model & TV Host|
|Date of Birth||13 April 2000|
|Age||21 Years as of 2021|
|Birth Place||Nam-gu, Daegu, South Korea|
|Nationality||South Korean, American|
|Hometown||Columbas, Ohio, US|
|School||Wolbae Elementary School, Daegu|
Hyoja Elementary School, Pohang
Hanlim Multi Art School, Seoul, South Korea (2018).
|Collage||Sunshine’s Women’s University, Seoul|
|Debut||TV (Reality): Hangul Train Chipo (2010)|
EP (as a member of Momoland): Welcome to Momoland (2016)
Acting: Some Light (2017) as ‘Nancy’
Host: Pops in Seoul (March 2017-June 2018)
Album (Japan; as a member of Momoland): Chiri Chiri (2019)
Acting (Philippines): The Soulmate Project (2021) as ‘Binna’ (lead)
Nancy Jewel McDonie Career
- Nancy Jewel McDonie known professionally as Nancy
- She is a famous Korean-American singer, actress, and host.
- Nancy Momoland is a member of the South Korean girl group Momoland, which was formed on November 10, 2016, through the Mnet’s reality survival show Finding Momoland.
- In 2011, Nancy auditioned in Korea’s Got Talent as part of a hip-hop group called “Cutie Pies”
- In 2012, She was seen in several TV programs, including The Unlimited, and also participated in Mak Ee Rae Show: Just Do It Expedition
- In 2016, Nancy became a contestant on Mnet’s reality survival show Finding Momoland
- On November 10, 2016, Nancy released a debut with the group ” Welcome to Momoland”
- In April 2017, Momoland released the single “Wonderful Love”
- On August 22, 2017, Momoland’s second mini-album, Freeze! was released.
- In October 2018, Nancy appeared in episode 11 of MBC’s Dae Jang Geum is Watching,
Nancy Momoland Television Shows
- Popular South Korean Singer and Dancer Nancy Momoland made her television debut in the Years 2010 with the television series Hangul Train Chipo.
- In 2011, She appeared in the television reality show Korea’s Got Talent as a Contestant. F
- From 2011-to 2013, she was seen in the television series The Unlimited Show.
- In 2012, Nancy appeared as a cast member in the series Mak Ee Rae Show: Just Do It Expedition.
- In 2014, Nancy Momoland was cast in the television series Olala School 2.
- In the year 2016, she was a Contestant in the show Finding Momoland.
- In 2017, Nancy co-hosted the Tv program Pops in Seoul.
- In 2018, She has taken part in the television show Idol Star Athletics Championships.
- In 2019, Nancy Momoland appeared as a Contestant in King of Mask Singer.
- In 2021, she was in the Tv show Godiva Show as a Contestant.
|2010||Hangul Train Chipo||Herself|
|2011||Korea’s Got Talent||Contestant|
|2011–2013||The Unlimited Show||Herself|
|2012||Mak Ee Rae Show: Just Do It Expedition||Cast member|
|2014||Olala School 2||Cast member|
|2017||Idol Acting Competition||Cast member|
|2017–2018||Pops in Seoul||Co-host|
|2018–2020||Idol Star Athletics Championships||Contestant|
|2020||King of Mask Singer||Contestant|
Nancy Momoland Series & Web Shows
|2018||Dae Jang Geum Is Watching||Idol trainee|
|2021||The Soulmate Project||Binna|
|2017||Some Light (Web Series)||Nancy|
Nancy Momoland Family
Singer and performer Nancy Jewel McDonie were born on April 13, 2000, in Nam-gu, Daegu, South Korea in a middle-class family. Nancy Momoland is the second daughter to her parents, Her father Richard Lee McDonie is a retired American lieutenant colonel from the US Army, and her mother Lee Myung-Joo is a housemaker. Her father belongs from America and her mother is from South Korea. As Nancy was grown in both cultures, She can easily speak Korean, English, and a little Japanese. Nancy was grown up with her elder sister Brenda Jowel McDonie who is a professional Cellist. Nancy was in the united for almost 6 years and moved to South Korea permanently/. Nancy was once attacked by netizens for making fun of bulimia, an eating disorder. In her defense, she said that she was joking about it as a coping mechanism as she has suffered from the same in the past
|Father Name||Richard Lee McDonie (American; retired lieutenant colonel in the US Army)|
|Mother Name||Lee Myung-Joo (South Korean)|
|Sister Name||Brenda Jowel McDonie (Cellist; elder)|
Nancy Jewel McDonie Marital status/ Relationship and More –
As of 2022, Nancy Momoland is single and unmarried. There is no more information about Nancy’s personal life.
|Husband / Spouse||N/A|
Nancy Momoland Physical Stats
Nancy Momoland is a popular singer, actress, and host. She always tries to keep himself fit and fine. Nancy’s weight is 45 Kg and her height in feet is 5 feet 3 inches, Her natural hair color is black and her eye color is brown. As she uses various products so her hair and eye colors change frequently.
|Height||In Centimeter – 162 cm|
In Meter – 1.62 m
In feet & inches – 5’3
|Weight||In Kilogram- 45 Kg|
In Pounds – 110 lbs
|Eye Color||Black, She frequently changes her eye lense|
|Hair Color||Brown, She frequently changes her hair color|
Nancy Momoland Favourite
|Favourite Color||Burgundy, Pink, Black, Red, Yellow|
|Favourite Food||Food with Cheese, Mint Chocolate, Hot pot, Sushi, Tteokbokki, Korean & Chinese|
|Favourite Destination||Paris, Boracay, Miami|
|Favourite Song||Sowon (of GFriend)|
Nancy Jewel McDonie Educational Qualification
Nancy Jewel McDonie is the full name of Nancy Momoland,. She was born in Nam-gu, Daegu, South Korea. She had completed her schooling at Wolbae Elementary School, Daegu, and later on attended Hyoja Elementary School, Pohang and Hanlim Multi Art School, Seoul, South Korea (2018).
Nancy had completed her graduation from the Sungshin Women’s University, Seoul. Nancy’s Momoland is a very talented and bright student from her school days, she used to take part in school and events.
|School||Wolbae Elementary School, Daegu|
Hyoja Elementary School, Pohang
Hanlim Multi Art School, Seoul, South Korea (2018).
|College||Sungshin Women’s University, Seoul|
Nancy Momoland Net Worth
Nancy Momoland is a famous Korean-American singer, actress, and host. She is a member of the South Korean girl group Momoland, which was formed on November 10, 2016, Nancy Momoland estimated net worth is $ 6 Million Doller, Her main source of income is from singing and performing.
Nancy Momoland is a very talented and beautiful actress and singer, She is one of the highest-paid singers from South Korea. Here is the details of Nancy Momoland’s net worth.
|Net Worth||$ 6 Million Doller|
Nancy Momoland Awards
|Prominent Awards||Gaon Chart Music Awards – World K-Pop Rookie in 2018|
Genie Music Awards for The Performing Artist – Female for the song ‘Boom Boom’ in 2018
Melon Music Awards – 1theK Performance Award in 2018
Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) – Discovery of the Year in 2018
Golden Disc Awards – Digital Bonsang for the song ‘Boom Boom’ in 2019
Japan Gold Disc Award for Best 3 New Artist (Asia) in 2019
Seoul Music Awards – Bonsang Award in 2019
Soribada Best K-Music Awards – Bonsang Award in 2019
Momoland giving their acceptance speech for Soribada Best K-Music Award
Korean Arts and Culture Awards – Korean Wave Idol Award in 2021
|Asia Artist Awards||Rising Star Award2017|
Best Icon Award – Music 2018
Choice Award 2019
|Genie Music Awards||World K-Pop Rookie 2018|
The Performing Artist – Female 2018
|Other Awards||Soribada Best K-Music Awards (Bonsang Award) 2019|
Soribada Best K-Music Awards (Bonsang Award) 2018
Seoul Music Awards 2018
1theK Performance Award by Melon Music Awards 2018
Discovery of the Year Awards by Mnet Asian Music Awards 2018
Rookie Star Award 2018
Some Controversy about Nancy Momoland
Nancy- Bulimia’s controversy
She has done a lot of contentious things. She had created an associate degree insensitive joke concerning bulimia. She joked that she might play a part of the bulimic character well, so did a distressing visual of stuffing food into her mouth whereas riant. She was given hate and body-shaming comments. Individuals picked on everything concerning her associate degree her comments on consumption disorders offer them an excuse for it when she gained weight.
She made mistakes, was shamed out, and had learned from them. She doesn’t need to be body-shamed or despised for being widespread or being ‘ untalented. ‘ She is a young, stunning and sweet girl.
Nancy had been living in the United States for six years. In an online interview, ‘Tingle interview,’ Nancy expressed that she was born in Daegu but was big up in Ohio, USA. In an associate degree interview concerning her being mixed with two different cultures, she said that her mother perpetually told her that Korean and American are two different cultures she has been in touch with ever since she was born.
When asked if she was afraid or was at home with Korean culture when she was brought to South Korea, she stated that before returning to Korea, her mother unbroken told her that Korean and American are two pooled separate cultures. When she was transferred to a Korean faculty, she found problems speaking Korean; however, her friends helped her out.
What had happened to Nancy?
- Nancy fell victim to a hidden camera attack, additionally called Molka. Photos of Korean yank singer undressing have circulated online, and therefore, the group’s management, MLD diversion, took severe actions.
- In a statement discharged on Monday (11 January), MLD mentioned that ” Nancy had been a victim of getting photos not suitably taken and manipulated. The person who ought to be protected foremost is Nancy”.
- The statement continued to mention that the corporation is functioning with the police. Therefore, the overseas enforcement agencies require” sturdy legal action” against those who took and denoted the photos like those that continued to unfold them.
- The company claimed that the 19 years old Nancy was undergoing severe emotional distress because it appealed for the tip of a malicious post that had harassed the artist.
- Pictures were taken during a room throughout the 2019 Asia Artist Awards in Vietnam, where Nancy was the emcee.
Some Unknown facts about Nancy Momoland
- Nancy has a huge fan base for her performance, as well as her Korean beauty and cuteness from all over the world.
- Nancy is a South Korean-American singer, actress, and TV host. She is widely known for being the Maknae (youngest member) of the popular South Korean girl group Momoland.
- Her nickname is Jonaensi, Aenaen.
- Nancy is already a famous Korean singer, but recently, she became trending because of her viral videos on TikTok, which are made by her fans.
- Nancy has appeared in the web series “Thumb Light”. She has also performed in shows such as “Tooniverse Nangam School 2” and within the show “Pops In Seoul.”
- Nancy was interested in singing and dancing since her childhood.
- At the age of 11, she participated in Korea got Talent with a Hip-Hop group ‘cutie Pies’. There she performed impressively.
- She appeared in a popular Korean web series ‘Thumb Light” (2017) in which she played a lead role opposite of Minwoo ( Korean actor). It is the first web music drama Series in Korea.
- Nancy was born in Daegu, South Korea, but grew up in Ohia, USA (United States).
- She started their own YouTube Channel and she started makeup videos.
- Nancy is one of the most trending girls in Tik Tok and traversed the past ten million followers.
- Nancy Momoland also participated in many TV shows, including Stand by Me from SNUPER and Dangerous from MC GREE.
- Momoland was elected as the new endorsement model for the famous skincare brand “Some By Mi”.
- Nancy is an American-Korean. The reason for this is that her father was American and her mother was Korean.
- Nancy Momoland also trained under ‘Nega Network.’
- Nancy’s dazzling and bright personality makes her stands out from the rest of the group member of Momoland.
- In Feb 2017, she joined Twitter and as of now Dec 2019 Nancy has over 24 K+ followers on her account.
- Nancy’s favorite colors are Pink, Black, Blue, and Burgandy.
- She loves to eat mint chocolate and cheese food.
- In 2017, Nancy was seen in the acting reality show ‘Idol Acting Competition,’ where she competed with other Kpop idols to show her acting talent. The show aired on K Star, and Nancy was one of the finalists of the show.
- Nancy is multilingual and fluent in Korean and English. She can also talk a little in Japanese.
- Nancy likes elephants and unicorns and often buys stuff toys, items, or figurines of elephants and unicorns.
- In 2020, she was one of the participants in the 143rd Generation of the singing reality show ‘King of Mask Singer.’
- In 2018, she appeared in the MBC Kdrama ‘Dae Jang Geum Is Watching’ in the cameo role of an idol trainee.
- Momoland has other EPs to their name; some of their EPs are Freeze! (2017), Fun to the World (2018), Show Me (2019), and Starry Night (2020). Baam, I’m So Hot, and Starry Night is some of the popular lead singles from the EPs.