Min Yoongi (민윤기) appreciated by his stage names Suga (슈가) and Agust D. He is a famous South Korean rapper, songwriter, and record producer. who works under the entertainment company ‘Big Hit Music.” ” Min Yoongi is known as “Agust D’ after his first successful release of a solo mixtape titled “Agust D” in the year 2016. Suga is a prominent member of the South Korean pop group “Bangtang Boys”, also known as “BTS.” Min Yoongi was born on March 9, 1993, in Buk District, Daegu, South Korea into a middle-class family. His father, Mr. Yoongi, is a businessman, and his mother, Mrs. Yoongi, is a housewife.
Suga was raised by his parents in Daegu with his elder brother, Min Geum-Jae. The Suga family belongs to the Buddhist religion and Korean nationality. Suga is a famous BTS rapper. As a solo artist, he has released two mixtapes: Agust D in 2016 and D-2 in 2020. In 2018, Suga was promoted to a full member of the Korea Music Copyright Association. Other popular singles by Agust D include “Give It To Me,” “So Far Away,” “Moonlight,” “What Do You Think,” “Dear My Friend,” and others.
Min Yoongi was born and raised in a middle-class family in Buk District, Daegu, South Korea. Suga was the younger of two sons of his parents. Suga attended Taejeon Elementary School, Gwaneum Middle School, and Apgujeong High School. Suga has completed his master’s degree in advertising and media from Hanyang Cyber University. During his early years, Suga started taking an interest in rapping. After hearing Ragga Muffin by Stony Skunk and decided to pursue his career in the same field. At the age of 13, Min Yoongi started writing his music lyrics, learned about MIDI, and worked a part-time job at a recording studio by age 17. In 2010, Min Yoongi produced “518-062”, a song commemorating the Gwangju Uprising with hip hop crew D-Town. Min Yoongi’s career breakout came through in 2013 when he joined Big Hit Entertainment for three years alongside members J-Hope and RM.
BTS member Min Yoongi made his first debut as a member of BTS on Mnet’s M Countdown with the track “No More Dream” from their debut single album, 2 Cool 4 Skool. In 2016, Suga released his first free self-titled mixtape via SoundCloud. He further composed the song “Wine”. Suga has also featured his rap on Lee So-ra’s “Song Request.” He has co-written and produced songs for artists including Tablo of Epik High, IU’s digital single “Eight”, and worked with American singer-songwriter Halsey on his third studio album “Manic”.
Suga released his first solo mixtape, “Agust D,” in 2016, followed by his second solo mixtape, “D-2,” in 2020. The mixtape reached number 11 on the US Billboard 200, number 2 on Australia’s ARIA Album Chart, and number 7 on the UK Albums Chart. According to the survey by Gallup Korea, Suga was ranked the 13th most preferred idol of the year for 2017, 7th in 2018, and 9th in 2019.
|Name / stage name||Min Yoon-gi|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1993|
|Birth Place||Taejeon-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea|
|Age (2021)||28 Years|
|Profession||Rapper & Dancer|
|Known for (famous for)||Korean boy band BTS|
|Hometown||Taejeon-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea|
|Address||Taejeon-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea|
|Hobbies||Reading Comics, Basketball, Playing Games and Taking Pictures|
|School||Taejeon Elementary School, Gwaneum Middle School,|
|Hometown||Taejeon-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea|
Min Yoongi (Suga) Career
SUGA made his debut on Mnet’s M Countdown as a member of BTS with the track “No More Dream” from “2 Cool 4 Skool,” which was their debut album. Since then, he has produced and written many songs for the band. Before this, he trained at Big Hit Entertainment for three years with his fellow band members J-Hope and RM.
SUGA released a solo intro titled “Intro: The Most Beautiful Moment in Life” for BTS’ third Korean-language EP, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt.1. It discussed the fears of reaching adulthood after getting through the adolescent years. Later made intro in 2015 and 2016 on their new albums. He was not seen to make an intro after that until 2020 where he released “Interlude: Shadow,” a part of their album rollout of Map of the Soul: 7.
SUGA also provided a rap feature on Lee So-Ra’s single, which Tablo of Epik High co-wrote, and later, he produced a track for Epik High titled “Eternal Sunshine.” Halsey, an American singer-songwriter, released the song ” Suga’s Interlude” from her third album Manic where both were featured, and SUGA produced it. SUGA underwent surgery to repair a reverse Bankart tear in his left shoulder in November 2020 and announced he would take a break from promotional activities.
- Min Yoongi started his career as a singer, songwriter, and rapper.
- Initially, at the age of 17, he started working at a recording studio and began composing music, writing lyrics, rapping, and performing.
- Suga Originally joined the Korean Entertainment company “Big Hits” in 2013 as a Trainee.
- He made his debut as a member of BTS on Mnet’s M Countdown with the track “No More Dream” from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool
- In 2015, Suga composed many songs for BTs hit albums ‘Wings’ and ‘The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1.’
- ‘Bangtan Boys’ became the first K-pop group to win the award for the ‘Top Social Artist’ at the ‘Billboard Music Awards.’
- In 2016, Min Yoon-gi started his solo career and released his debut mixtape under the alias “Agust D” on ‘SoundCloud.’
- On April 17, 2015, Suga released a solo intro entitled “Intro: The Most Beautiful Moment in Life”
- In 2017, Suga composed the song ‘Wine’ for singer Suran. The song reached the second spot on the ‘Gaon Digital Chart’ and won an award for the best ‘Soul/R&B’ track at the ‘Melon Music Awards’ in December 2017
Min Yoongi (Suga) Films
|2018||Burn The Stage: The Movie|
|2019||BTS World Tour: Love Yourself in Seoul|
Bring The Soul: The Movie
|2020||Burn The Stage: The Movie|
Suga Music shows, Videos, Shorts Films, Comeback Trailers & Many More
“I’m Da One”
|2016||“Give It to Me”|
- Agust D (2016)
- D-2 (2020)
Suga Digital singles
- “Song Request” (신청곡) (with Lee Sora) (2019)
- “SUGA’s Interlude” (with Halsey) (2019)
- “Eight” (with IU) (2020)
- “Blueberry Eyes” (with MAX) (2020)
- “Blueberry Eyes” (with MAX and Steve Aoki) (2020)
- “Blueberry Eyes” (with MAX, Lil Mosey and Olivia O’Brien) (2021)
- “All I Do Is Win” (2013)
- “School of Tears” (학교의눈물) (with RM and Jin) (2013)
- “Adult Child” (어른아이) (with RM and Jin) (2013)
- “A Typical Idol’s Christmas” (흔한 아이돌의 크리스마스) (with Jin, j-hope, Jimin and V) (2013)
- “Jingle Bell Rock” (with V) (2019)
- “It Doesn’t Matter Mix Final” (2013)
- “So Far Away” (with Jin and Jung Kook) (2017)
- “DDaeng” (땡) (with RM and j-hope) (2018)
- “Intro: The Most Beautiful Moment in Life” from The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt.1 (2015)
- “First Love” from Wings (2016)
- “Trivia 轉: Seesaw” from Love Yourself: Answer (2018)
- “Interlude: Shadow” from Map of the Soul: 7 (2020)
- “All Night” from “BTS World OST Part.3” (with RM and Juice Wrld) (2019)
Min Yoongi Family
Min Yoongi (Suga) was born on March 9, 1993, in Buk District, Daegu, South Korea. Mr. Yoongi, his father, is a businessman, and Mrs. Yoongi is a housewife. Min Yoongi was born and raised in Daegu, South Korea with his family and elder brother, Min Geum-Jae.
|Father Name||Mr. Yoongi ((Business Man)|
|Mother Name||Mrs. Yoongi (Housewife)|
|Brother||Min Geum-jae (Elder Brother)|
|Husband / Wife||N/A|
Min Yoongi Relationship /Marital Status & Many More
|Affairs / Girlfriend||N/A|
Min Yoongi Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – cm 174|
In Meter – m
In feet & inches – 5’9
|Weight||In Kilogram- Kgp 57|
In Pounds – lbs 128
|Shoe Size||7 uk|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
Min Yoongi Education
Min Yoongi (Suga) was born in the Buk District of Daegu, South Korea. Min Yoongi has completed his primary and secondary education at Taejeon Elementary School, Apgujeong High School, and Gwaneum Middle School. Min Yoongi has completed his master’s degree in advertising and media from Hanyang Cyber University. When Min got interested in rapping, After hearing “Reggae Muffin” by Stony Skunk and Epik High, he decided to become one. When Min Yoongi was 13 years old, he started to write music lyrics and learned about MIDI. At the age of 17, he began to work in a recording studio part-time and gain knowledge. In 2010, he became part of the hip hop crew D-Town and produced a song titled “518-062” commemorating the Gwangju Uprising.
|School||Taejeon Elementary School, |
Apgujeong High School
Gwaneum Middle School
|Educational Qualification||Masters’s Degree in Advertising and Media|
Min Yoongi Favourite
|Favourite Actor||Jin, Jimin, RM|
|Favourite Actress||Scarlett Johansson|
|Favourite Movie||3 idiots|
|Favourite Cuisine||Korean Food|
Min Yoongi Net Worth
Min Yoongi estimated net worth is $ 20 Million Doller as of 2021. He is one of the most popular pop singers from South Korea. He earns his living from Singing & Dancing.
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Income Source||Rapping, Dancing, Producer|
Some Great Quotes by Min Yoongi (Suga)
- “Those who don’t have a dream, it’s okay. It’s okay if you don’t have a dream. You just have to be happy.”
- “I want people to get positive energy from our music.”
- “From now on, we want to put on even cooler performances, be cooler, be better, so look forward to it. Please, always look forward to it.”
- “If you want to aim high, aim high. Don’t let that studying consume you. Just live life.”
- “Age and gender, nationality and religion, what language you use – all of that isn’t important to me.”
- “There can only be so many people that a single human meets in his/her lifetime. But I get to perform in front of a crowd a thousand times more than that. I take great pride in it.”
- “We’re not winning on our own. Our fans are taking us to victories.”
Some unknown facts about Min Yoongi
- Does Min Yoongi smoke ? NO
- Does Min Yoongi drinks Alcohol ? NO
- He sleeps all the time, and members call him “grandpa.”
- His nicknames include Motionless Min and Mr. Appendix.
- He met with a car accident when he was a delivery boy, which led him to an injury to his shoulder.
- His ideal date would be just watching a movie and eating together.
- He is terrible at drawing, English, and Japanese.
- He loves cats but has a dog named Holly.
- The ideal type of girl he likes would be someone who likes music, hip-hop in particular, and says he doesn’t care about looks and needs someone to be by his time every day.
- His songs have topped Billboard’s World Albums Chart and UK Album Chart.
- His favorite number is 3.
- He has listed Tazza and Inception as his favorite movies.
- He wanted to be a Firefighter, a Basketball Player and a Musician when he was younger.
- He used to be terrible with English. (He can read, write and understand it very well. However, he gets shy while speaking it.)
- When he was in school, he won basketball games quite a few times and when he was a trainee, he played basketball every Sunday.
- He chose his stage name because he used to be a shooting guard when he played basketball (shoo • gua).
- “Suga,” also the deviation of the word “sugar,” by his CEO because he is pale and his smile is sweet.“I got the name Suga because my skin is pale, I’m pretty when I smile, and I’m sweet. I chose this name because I want to promote sweets.” – Suga
- He’s most stressed usually from midnight to 6 AM and he doesn’t dislike it.
- He doesn’t really like places with lots of people or noise.
- His role models are Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Lil Wayne, and Hit-Boy.
- He can play the piano.
- He has a male dog named Min Holly.
- If he would choose who Min Holly should date, he would choose rm’s dog, rap mon.
- In run bts Episode 11, he played as Yoonji, a female transfer student.
- His parents used to own a restaurant.
- He is a really good cook.
- He has slept for about 20 hours before.
- At the 2017 Melon Music Awards, he won the Hot Trend Award along with Suran for “Wine”.
- He has mentioned that he would like to become someone who spots out young talent and guides said talent in the Love Yourself Tour in Seoul DVD. Multiple rookies have mentioned that he has reached out to them or sent them flowers and support.
- RM stated in run BTS that Suga recently started to learn Judo.
- He likes the character Kumamon, and the reason why he likes it is because he thinks Kumamon looks stupid.
- The first album that he bought with his own money was an Eminem album.
- He was considered a grandma by Jimin.
Min Yoongi (Suga) Social Media Profile
Min Yoongi (Suga) Instagram Profile
- Who is Min Yoongi’s wife?
- As of 2021, Min Yoongi is single & unmarried.
- Min Yoongi in Korean?
- Min Yoongi 민윤기.
- Is Min Yoongi Married?
- Min Yoongi is unmarried.
- Who is Min Yoongi Girlfriend?
- Min Yoongi is single. he is not in any relationship.
- What is Min Yoongi’s net worth?
- Min Yoongi’s net worth is $ 20 Million Dollar.
- What is Min Yoongi’s height in feet?
- Min Yoongi’s height is 1.65 in meter.
- What is Min Yoongi eye color ?
- Min Yoongi eye color is green