Kim Seok-jin (김석진), better known by his stage name Jin (진), is a famous South Korean singer-songwriter, model, composer, and performer. He works under the entertainment company ‘Big Hit Music”. Jin is a prominent member of the South Korean pop group “Bulletproof Boy Scouts,” also known as “BTS.” Kim Seok-jin was born on December 4, 1992, in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. Kim Seok-jin was the youngest member of his family. His family consists of his mother, father and older brother. Jin came into the limelight as one of the four vocalists in a Korean band named “Bulletproof Boy Scouts,” also known as BTS. Kim joined the BTS army as the main member in 2013. Since then, Kim has co-written and released three solo tracks with BTS: “Awake” (2016), “Epiphany” (2018), and “Moon” (2020), all of which have charted on South Korea’s Gaon Digital Chart.
Korean singer-songwriter Kim Seok-jin was born in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. He was born into a middle-class family of four. His family consists of his father, who is a businessman, and his mother, who is a housewife. Jin has an elder brother, Kim Seok-Joong. who owns a restaurant named Ossu Seiromushi in South Korea. Jin is the director of the same restaurant. Jin will be 28 years old as of 2021. Kim is a famous BTS songwriter and composer. As a solo artist, he has released two self-produced songs: “Tonight” in 2019 and “Abyss” in 2020. Jin and the other members of “BTS” have received several honors and awards as part of the group. Including the fifth-class “Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit” awarded by South Korean President Moon Jae-in. Jin has collaborated on the song “It’s Definitely You” with fellow “BTS” member Kim Taehyung (V) and has hosted shows such as the “KBS Song Festival” and “Music Bank.”
Kim Seok-jin was born and raised in the Buk District of Daegu, South Korea. Suga was the younger of two sons of his parents. Jin wanted to be a journalist in his early days. But after watching Kim Nam-gil in Queen Seondeok, he decided to pursue acting. He completed his primary education at Bosung High School, South Korea. And graduated with a degree in art and acting from Konkuk University in February 2017. Jin had also enrolled in graduate school at Hanyang Cyber University to pursue studies in areas other than music. When Kim Seok-jin was in junior school. he was spotted by SM Entertainment off the street, but he rejected the offer at the time, believing it to be a scam. In 2013, Jin gave auditioned for a big hit as an actor before becoming an idol trainee.
BTS member Kim Seok-jin made his first debut as a member of BTS on June 13, 2013. He made his first debut as a vocalist in BTS with their debut single album, 2 Cool 4 Skool. In the same year, he released his solo single ‘Awake’ from the 2016-released album of ‘BTS,’ titled ‘Wings.” Jin has also recorded the single “It’s Definitely You” alongside BTS member Kim Taehyung (V), for the soundtrack of “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.” JIn has also hosted the music awards shows “Inkigayo” and “Music Bank”.
|Name / stage name||Kim Seok-jin|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1992|
|Birth Place||Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|Age (2021)||28 Years|
|Known for (famous for)||Korean boy band BTS|
|Address||Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|Hobbies||Playing Guitar & Piano, cooking, video games, fishing|
|Year Active||2013- present|
Kim Seok-Jin Career
- Jin is a famous Actor, Composer, and Soundtrack artist. He was Born on December 04, 1992, in Gwacheon, South Korea
- Jin graduated with a degree in art and acting in 2017.
- Jin debuted with ‘BTS’ as one of its four vocalists, on June 13, 2013. Their debut single album was ‘2 Cool 4 Skool.’
- Kim released his first co-produced track, a solo single from the album Wings titled “Awake”
- On August 9, 2018, the second solo by Jin, “Epiphany”, was released as a trailer for BTS’ then-upcoming compilation album Love Yourself: Answer.
- Jin, along with his fellow ‘BTS’ member V, sang ‘It’s Definitely You.’ It was released as part of the original soundtrack of the South Korean TV series ‘Hwarang
- He also collaborated with another ‘BTS’ member, Jungkook. They released a different version of the song ‘So Far Away,’ originally released by ‘BTS’ member Suga (Agust D) in the latter’s self-titled mixtape ‘Agust D.’
- He released his third solo song with BTS, “Moon”, on the 2020 studio album Map of the Soul: 7. Variety writer Jae-Ha Kim described “Moon” as a power-pop song addressed to BTS fans.
- As a BTS member, he made his debut on June 13th, 2013, with the track “No More Dream” from their debut album “2 Cool 4 Skool”. Kim co-wrote and co-produced the song “Hold Me Right” of “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life; Part 1”, where he contributed to music composition. Later he partook in music production and lyrics for a solo song called “Stigma” of the album “Wings”. He has put out a cover of “Hug me” and “Someone Like You” by Adele.
- Kim made his acting debut in a supporting role in Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth in 2016. V released a song co-produced with bandmate RM named “4 O’Clock” on June 8th 2017, to celebrate the fourth anniversary of BTS. In collaboration with his bandmate Jin, he made a duet entitled “It’s Definitely You”.
- In May 2018, his second solo was out named ” Singularity” as a trailer for BTS’ then-upcoming third LP, Love Yourself: Tear. In January 2019, V released his first whole solo track outside of BTS, “Scenery”. It broke the SoundCloud records for reaching 100 million streams from 20 million in a fortnight, the shortest on the platform. It was followed by a full English song named “Winter Bear”. He participated in a piece labelled “Sweet Night” for the soundtrack of Itaewon Class, released in March.
- V is known for his ”duality” style of performance and mastery to arouse different emotions on stage.
Kim Seok-Jin Films
|2018||BTS World Tour: Love Yourself in|
Burn The Stage: The Movie
|2020||Bring The Soul: The Movie|
Break The Silence: The Movie
Kim Seok-Jin Variety Shows
|2016||Idol Chef King|
Law of the Jungle in Kota Manado
Top 3 Chef King
|2017||Please Take Care of My Refrigerator|
Let’s Eat Dinner Together
Comeback trailers and short films
|2011||“No more perfume on you”|
|2012||“Denwa ni Denai Kimi ni”|
“I’m Da One”
Kim Seok-Jin Music Videos
|2017||KBS Song Festival|
|2018||KBS Song Festival|
Kim Seok-Jin Family
Kim Seok-jin was born on December 4, 1992 in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. Kim Seok-jin was the youngest member in his family. His family consists of his mother, father, and older brother Kim Seok-Joong. His brother owns a restaurant named Ossu Seiromushi in South Korea.
|Mother Name||Kim Sung-hee|
|Husband / Wife||N/A|
Kim Seok-Jin Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Famous BTS star Jin’s current relationship status is single, but like most of the other members of the group, he’s faced dating rumors in the past. He was rumored to be in a relationship with Twice Sana and Lee Guk Joo.
|Dating History||Rumored Affairs with Twice Sana and Lee Guk Joo.|
Lee Guk Joo.(rumors)
|Marriage Place and Date||N/A|
Kim Seok-Jin Dating Life And History
Although the singer of “Awake” maintains his family and personal life secret, he has shared several anecdotes. Kim Seok Jin’s first love happened when he was 13 years old, and his girlfriend was gorgeous. The BTS singer has revealed his ideal type; he is hoping for a girl who is mindful of her career and someone sweet, understanding, and compassionate.
Kim Seok Jin has stated that his dream partner could cook well and that she should be an exquisite, intellectual individual who has only eyes on him.
Kim Seok-Jin Celebrity Crush
Kim Seok Jin considers Anne Hathaway to be one of his most incredible acting role models and has admired the American actress’s work in several films.
Kim Seok-Jin Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – cm 178.3|
In Meter – m
In feet & inches – 5’10.2
|Weight||In Kilogram- Kg 60|
In Pounds – lbs 132
|Shoe Size||8.5 us|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Seok-Jin Education
|School||Bosung High School, South Korea|
|Collage||Konkuk University, South Korea|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Art and Acting|
Kim Seok-Jin Favourite
|Favorite Actor||Kim Taehyung|
|Favorite Actress||Anne Hathaway|
|Favorite Song||Love Yourself|
|Favorite Cuisine||Sea Food|
|Favorite Color||Pink, Blue, Yellow, Red|
|Favorite Sport||Tennis, Swimming|
|Favorite Destination||South Korea|
Kim Seok-Jin Net Worth
|Net Worth||$ 20 million|
|Income Source||Singing, Song writing|
Kim Seok-Jin Media Influence and Awards
- Kim coined the famous phrase of BTS, “I purple you”, in a Fan Meet in 2016. Since then, it became their emblem. UNICEF used this phrase for its anti-bullying campaign.
- “V” is the most searched word for five years in South Korea, according to the research conducted by Eugene Investment & Securities Co., Ltd in 2018. Gallup Korea chose him as the 4th most preferred idol of 2019.
- He has won awards sequentially since 2018 every year for ‘Best Idol Actor’, ‘Best Choreography’ and ‘Best OST’.
Kim Seok Jin Philanthropy
To commemorate his birthday in December 2018, Kim Seok Jin gave different items to the Korean Animal Welfare Association, including food, blankets, and dishes. He also gave 321 kg of food to the Korea Animal Rights Advocates, a non-profit organization dedicated to animal welfare in Korea.
Kim Seok Jin has been a monthly donor to UNICEF Korea since May 2018, preferring that his contributions be kept confidential at the time. They became known after he was inducted into the UNICEF Honors Club in May 2019 for giving more than $100 million (about $84,000).
Some unknown facts about Kim Seok-Jin
- He can rip open bags of Chips with his feet.
- He knows how to play the guitar and piano.
- According to the other members, he is a great cook.
- He can speak Korean, some Japanese, English, and Chinese.
- He has been to Australia in the past as an exchange student.
- He has improved both his dancing and singing impressively since BTS’ debut.
- He is referred to as ‘Worldwide Handsome’ by both ARMYs and himself.
- What he likes most about himself is his face.
- According to RM, he and j-hope are the most cowardly members of the group.
- His guilty pleasure is eating three steaks.
- He has his own making show called Eat jin. In the show, he only eats but does not talk much about the food beyond stating the dish’s name. Sometimes, the other members of BTS join him: Jung Kook, Jimin, or Suga, his former roommate.
- He is the oldest member of BTS.
- He is 28 years old in the US age and 30 years old in the Korean age.
- His Zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
- Just one beer is enough before he gets drunk.
- V doesn’t like coffee but loves hot cocoa.
- He loves Gucci.
- Kim’s favorite artist is Eric Benét.
- V is the most popular BTS member in Taiwan by the results of the Yahoo Taiwan Poll.
- He can climb trees but cannot get back down.
- V ranked 1st in “Top 100 most handsome faces of 2017”.
- He can rip open bags of Chips with his feet
- What he likes most about himself is his face
- His favorite hobbies include cooking, eating, blowing air kisses, and taking care of his pets.
- He feels uncomfortable being called feminine names by fans. Particularly, “Mom”, “Eomma”, and “Princess”.
- He was roommates with SUGA. When BTS changed roommates, Jin and SUGA stayed together.
- During earlier eras, he was nicknamed Ctrl + V because he was the only one who was able to control Taehyung (V).
- In December 2018, Kim donated various supplies to the Korean Animal Welfare Association to celebrate his birthday, purchasing food, blankets, and dishes for the organization.
- Jin used to work at a strawberry farm.
- Jin uses a pink keyboard to play computer games.
- Has a total of 2 ear piercings. (2 on the left)
- Jin’s Spotify playlist is called: Jin’s GA CHI DEUL EUL LAE?
- When Jin is embarrassed or mad his ears will turn red.