Park Ji-min is also well known for his stage names Jimin, Chim Chim Mochi, Jimin-ssi, Angel, and Minnie. He is a famous South Korean singer, songwriter, and dancer. He is an actor and composer, known for BTS: We Are Bulletproof Pt.2 (2013), Run BTS! (2015), and Jimin: Lie (2016). Ji-min is a member of the South Korean boy band BTS, under the record label Big Hit Entertainment. He is the third youngest member of BTS. He has been active in the Korean entertainment industry since 2013 when he debuted with his fellow members of BTS. Park Ji-min is a member of the boy band BTS, along with Kim Taehyung, Rap Monster, Jungkook, Jin, Suga, and J-Hope. He is a famous singer and composer. He has become the first Korean pop group to win the prestigious Billboard Award. In the nominations, he beat Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande. He has acted in a few Chinese-Korean films and television shows.
Park Ji-min was born on October 13, 1995, in the Geumjeong District of Busan, South Korea. He is the third youngest member of his family. He is the older son of Park Pil-woo and Mi-Jeong. His younger brother’s name is Park Ji-Hyun. As of 2021, Jimin is 25 years old. Jimin has completed his primary education at Busan’s Hodong Elementary School and Yonsan Middle School. While completing his secondary education, he attended Just Dance Academy and learned pop and lock dance. He had studied contemporary dance at Busan High School of Arts and was a top student in the modern dance department. Jimin graduated from Global Cyber University in August 2020 with a major in broadcasting and entertainment. As of 2021, he is enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University, pursuing a Master of Business Administration in Advertising and Media. On June 13, 2013, Jimin made his debut as a member of BTS with the release of the single “No More Dream”.
He is known for his cover songs “Promise” () (2018), “Christmas Love” (2020), “Lie” from Wings (2016), “Intro: Serendipity” from Love Yourself: Her (2017), “Serendipity (Full Length Edition)” from Love Yourself: Answer (2018), “Filter” from Map of the Soul: 7 (2020), and many more. As a solo artist, he has released two self-produced songs: “Promise” in 2018 and “Christmas Love” in 2020.
|Name / stage name||Park Ji-min|
|Nick Name||Chim Chim|
King of k-pop
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1995|
|Birth Place||Geumsa-dong, Geumjeong-gu, Busan, South Korea|
|Age (2021)||26 Years|
|Known for (famous for)||Korean boy band BTS|
|Hometown||Geumsa-dong, Geumjeong-gu, Busan, South Korea|
|Address||Geumsa-dong, Geumjeong-gu, Busan, South Korea|
|Hobbies||Dancing, writing music, studying|
|Year Active||2013– present|
|School||Busan’s Hodong Elementary School|
|Hometown||Geumsa-dong, Geumjeong-gu, Busan, South Korea|
- Jimin was born on October 13, 1995, in the Geumjeong District of Busan, South Korea.
- At Jimin’s teacher’s suggestion, he participated in an audition with an entertainment company. That led him to Big Hit Entertainment.
- Once he passed the auditions in 2012, he transferred to Korean Arts High School, graduating in 2014.
- On June 13, 2013, Jimin made his debut as a member of BTS with the release of the single “No More Dream.”
- In 2016, Jimin, along with his boy band BTS, released their second Korean studio album, Wings.
- Under BTS, he has released three solo songs: “Lie”, “Serendipity”, and “Filter”. “Lie” was released in 2016.
Jimin Career at BTS
With the release of the single “No More Dream” on June 13, 2013, Jimin made his debut as a BTS member. Jimin is a member of the group’s vocalist and dancer. He has three solo songs under BTS: “Lie,” “Serendipity,” and “Filter.” “Lie” was included in the group’s second Korean studio album, Wings, released in 2016. It was designed as beautiful and dramatic, with dark undertones and emotions that matched the album’s overall theme.
Both “Serendipity” and “Lie” reached fifty million Spotify listens in 2018, followed by the full-length version of the former from BTS’ Love Yourself: Answer compilation album, which reached the milestone in early 2019. Jimin now holds the record for being the first Korean musician to have three solo tunes with over 50 million streams.
With “Serendipity,” Jimin became the first BTS member to have a solo music video reach 100 million views on YouTube. In the January 2020 edition of the Official Charts top 40 lists, he was the only BTS member having several solo singles.
Jimin Solo work
In 2014, Jimin collaborated on a song called “Christmas Day” with fellow BTS member and vocalist Jungkook, a Korean version of Justin Bieber’s “Mistletoe,” with Korean lyrics penned by Jimin. In 2017, the two teamed up again on a cover of Charlie Puth’s “We Don’t Talk Anymore,” with Jimin singing the parts of Selena Gomez, who appeared on the original with Puth.
In 2016, Jimin made appearances on several shows, including Hello Counselor, Please Take Care of My Refrigerator, and God’s Workplace. Jimin’s first solo outside of BTS releases, “Promise,” was published for free on BTS’ SoundCloud website on December 30, 2018. On January 3, 2019, the platform reported that “Promise” had broken the record for the largest 24-hour debut ever established by Drake’s “Duppy Freestyle.”
Jimin has been regarded as having a soft and charming voice. Among the group members and in K-pop in general, he is recognized as an outstanding dancer. According to Elite Daily’s Noelle Devoe, he has frequently been complimented for his “smooth and graceful motions” as well as his charisma on stage.
Jimin Social Media and Personal life
Jimin keeps his followers up to date mostly through his Instagram and Twitter accounts. On Instagram, he has 3 million followers. On his Instagram, you may view their narrative and post. Park Jimin is very active on Twitter, where he tweets daily and provides information about his new albums and gigs.
About his personal life, his Dad, his Mom, and a younger sibling make up his family. His family, particularly his brother, is very important to him. His net worth is estimated to be about 26 million dollars.
Jimin does not have an affair or a girlfriend. Jimin is presently unmarried, but according to social media reports, he is dating fellow K-pop singer Han Seung Yeon of the group KARA. A female who is cuter and smaller than Jimin is his dream match.
|Songs credited under BTS||“Lie” from Wings (2016)|
“Intro: Serendipity” from Love Yourself: Her (2017)
“Serendipity (Full Length Edition)” from Love Yourself: Answer (2018)
“Filter” from Map of the Soul: 7 (2020)
|Original songs||“Promise” (약속) (2018)|
“Christmas Love” (2020)
|Adapted songs||“Graduation Song” (방탄소년들의 졸업) (with j-hope and Jung Kook (2013)|
“Beautiful” (with j-hope, V and Jung Kook) (2013)
“A Typical Idol’s Christmas” (흔한 아이돌의 크리스마스) (with Jin, SUGA, j-hope and V) (2013)
“95 Graduation” (졸업송 Pt.2) (with V) (2014)
“Christmas Day” (with Jung Kook) (2014)
|Cover songs||“We Don’t Talk Anymore Pt.2” (with Jung Kook) (2017)|
“Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” (with RM) (2019)
|2018||Burn The Stage: The Movie|
|2019||BTS World Tour: Love Yourself in Seoul|
Bring The Soul: The Movie
|2020||Break The Silence: The Movie|
Jimin Variety Shows
|2014||After School Club|
|2015||My Pet Clinic|
|2017||King of Mask Singer|
Please Take Care of My Refrigerator
Jimin Music Shows
|2016||Show! Music Core|
Music videos, comeback trailers, and short films
Popular South Korean Singer and dancer Jimin, was born on 13 October 1995 in Hoedong-dong, Busan, South Korea. He is the son of Park Pil-woo and Mi-Jeong. His family includes his mother, father, and younger brother. His brother’s name is Park Ji-Hyun. When Jimin was a child, he attended Busan’s Hodong Elementary School and Yonsan Middle School.
|Father Name||Park Pil-woo|
|Husband / Wife||N/A|
Jimin Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
As of now, Jimin is single and Unmarried, The south Korean singer is not allowed to make a relationship for a minimum of five years with anyone after joining the entertainment company.
|Affairs / Boyfriend||N/A|
|Husband / Spouse||N/A|
Jimin Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – cm 174|
In Meter – m
In feet & inches – 5’9
|Weight||In Kilogram- Kgp 58.6|
In Pounds – lbs 130
|Shoe Size||265 mm|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Jimin attended Busan’s Hodong Elementary School and Yonsan Middle School during his childhood. During middle school, he attended Just Dance Academy and learned popping and locking dance.Prior to becoming a trainee, Jimin studied contemporary dance at Busan High School of Arts and was a top student in the modern dance department. Once he passed the auditions in 2012, he transferred to Korean Arts High School, graduating in 2014.
|School||Busan’s Hodong Elementary School|
|Favorite Actress||Rachel McAdams|
|Favorite Cuisine||Korean food|
|Favorite Color||Blue, black|
Jimin Net Worth
Jimin had an estimated net worth of $ 20 Millon Doller. His main source of income are from singing and dancing.
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Income Source||Singing, Dancing|
Some Unknown Facts About Jimin
- What he loves most about himself are his eyes.
- During the 3rd Muster, he was featured in Suga’s song, “tony Montana”.
- He was featured in “intro: serendipity”, being the first intro track that featured a vocal line member.
- According to the other members, he is the one who takes more time to get ready for performances.
- He and j-hope are the only ones who are still roommates.
- If he had to choose, his English stage name would be ‘Christian Chim Chim’.
- He is known for his endearing clumsiness as well as aegyo.
- He is dubbed a ‘Cute Mochi’ by fans as well as other members of the group.
- He is extremely hard working and is easily upset if he makes mistakes onstage.
- He is very expressive in his style of dance; the other members praise him for it.
- He was part of the list 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2017 in the number #64.
- He was on the student council throughout his school life.
- His favorite school subjects were math and physics.
- He can speak Korean, Japanese, and basic English.
- He contributed to writing his solo “Lie”.
- He graduated from Seoul High School of Arts as the top student in all the departments based on his outstanding dance skills as well as his exceptional academic achievements.
- He studied contemporary dance in school.
- He says that in 10 years he wants to be a cool artist living his best life.
- His BT21 character is a puppy named Chimmy. He wears a yellow hoodie and his tongue is always sticking out.
- He listens to music on cold and sunny days.
- He learned ‘popping’ in 8th grade.
- His favorite colors are light brown, purple, and black.
- His favorite number is number 13.
- He is known as the most energetic person in the group.