Deverakonda Vijay Sai, also known as Vijay Deverakonda, is an Indian actor and producer who works in Tamil and Telegu language films. Deverakonda is one of the most handsome and stunning actors who mainly works in Telugu movies. Making his debut at a young age after a stint in theatre, Vijay is best known for his role as “Rishi” in the 2015 movie Yevade Subramanyam. He is an actor known for his work in Geetha Govindam (2018), Arjun Reddy (2017), Yevade Subramanyam (2015), Taxiwaala (2018), and Dear Comrade (2019). Vijay debuted in 2011 in Ravi Babu’s romantic comedy Nuvvila and gained recognition for his supporting role in Yevade Subramanyam (2015). Deverakonda played the lead role in the 2016 romantic comedy Pelli Choopulu. Vijay Deverakonda gained huge fame for his performance in Arjun Reddy, which won him several accolades, including the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu. In 2019, he won the South Indian International Movie Critics Award for Best Actor and was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for his work in Geetha Govindam.
Vijay Deverakonda was born on May 9, 1989 in Achampet, Andhra Pradesh, India. His father, Devarakonda Govardhan Rao, was a famous television director, and his mother, Madhavi, is the proprietor of “Speak Easy” in Hyderabad. Young Vijay’s father was a producer and belonged to the cinema industry, so it was natural for young Vijay to make a choice. Like his father, he found his love in front of the camera and soon started following the profession passionately. Vijay was born in Achampet, in the Nagarkurnool district of Telangana. Along with his younger brother, Vijay was admitted to Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School in Puttaparthi, Ananthapur District, Andhra Pradesh. Vijay had spent most of his formative years at this school, away from his family for close to 10 months a year. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
He has a younger brother named Anand who works for “Deloitte” in the USA. Vijay has spent most of his childhood living away from his family. He has done his schooling in Puttaparthi from Sri Satyasai School. He loves his school very much, and Vijay says the environment at school was peaceful and calm, without phones or TV. Reading newspapers regularly to keep abreast of the latest events, followed by playing sports, reading books, and doing lots of activities, Vijay feels, helped him hone his creative skills. It was here that Vijay developed an immense liking for storytelling, writing, and acting. After his schooling, he returned to Hyderabad and pursued his education at Little Flower Junior College and Badruka College of Commerce, respectively. He loves his school very much.
Vijay Devarakonda is a young actor best known for his work in Telugu romance, drama, comedy, and thriller movies. Vijay Deverakonda made his film debut in 2011 with Ravi Babu’s romantic comedy Nuvvila (2011), but was rewarded with his role as Yevade Subramanyam (2015). He recently acted in Liger, World Famous Lover, Meeku, Maathrame Cheptha, Hero and Arjun Reddy. Deverakonda became more famous after his lead role in the 2016 romantic comedy Pelli Choopulu, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu and the Filmfare Award for Best Film in Telugu.
|Profession||Actor, Model, Businessman|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1989|
|Age (2022)||32 years old|
|Birth Place||Achampet, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||C Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School, Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh|
Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad
|Collage||Badruka College of Commerce and Arts, Hyderabad|
|Debut||Telugu Film: Nuvvila (2011)|
Tamil Film: Nadigaiyar Thilagam (2018)
|Bachelor of Commerce with Honours (B.Com.(Hons)|
Vijay Deverakonda Career
- Vijay Deverakonda is a popular actor and model in Tollywood cinema. His first serious step into the world of entertainment was his brief stint with a theatre group called Sutradhar, based out of Hyderabad. He did a 3-month workshop, which led him to several plays in the Hyderabad theatre circuit. His long-standing association was with Ingenium Dramatics. Soon, he ventured into the cinema. Vijay made his debut with the Ravi Babu-directed romantic comedy Nuvvila (2011) and later appeared in Sekhar Kammula’s Life is Beautiful in a minor role.
- Later on, he was introduced to Nag Ashwin, who later cast him in a supporting role in the 2015 film Yevade Subramanyam alongside actor Nani.
- In 2016, Deverakonda’s first lead role was in Pelli Choopulu, a romantic coming-of-age film directed by Tharun Bhascker. The film became commercially successful and won the Best Feature Film in Telugu and the Filmfare Award for Best Film in Telugu at the 64th National Film Awards.
- In 2017, he starred in the masala film, Dwaraka, which was directed by Srinivas Ravindra (MSR), produced by Pradyumna Chandrapati and Ganesh Penubotu, under Legend Cinema, and presented by R. B. Choudary under the banner Super Good Films.
- In the same year, Vijay appeared in the blockbuster film, Arjun Reddy. The film was written and directed by Sandeep Reddy Vanga and was produced by his brother Pranay Reddy Vanga’s company, Bhadrakali Pictures. The film stars Vijay Deverakonda, Shalini Pandey, and Rahul Ramakrishna. In the movie, his portrayal as a self-destructive, short-tempered, and alcoholic surgeon received critical acclaim and won him awards like the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu.
- In 2018, after Arjun Reddy, he then starred in Mahanati, a biographical film about the life of actress Savitri. Deverakonda’s next release in 2018 was Geetha Arts’ romantic comedy, Geetha Govindam, in which he starred as an innocent and nervous college professor. His next film, released on October 5, was the Tamil political thriller NOTA, directed by Anand Shankar, which performed poorly at the box office.  His next project was UV Creations’ supernatural comedy thriller Taxiwaala.
- In 2019, Film Companion ranked Deverakonda’s performance in Arjun Reddy among the “100 Greatest Performances of the Decade”.
- In 2019, Deverakonda was seen in Bharat Kamma’s Dear Comrade, a romantic action drama, alongside Rashmika Mandanna.
- In 2020, he acted in Kranthi Madhav’s romantic drama “World Famous Lover” opposite Raashi Khanna, Catherine Tresa, Aishwarya Rajesh, and Izabelle Leite.
- As of April 2021, his Hindi–Telugu bilingual film, Liger, is in production. The film is being directed by Puri Jagannadh and produced by Karan Johar.
|2012||Life Is Beautiful||Ajay|
|Erra Srinu / Sri Krishnananda Swamy|
Dr. Arjun Reddy Deshmukh
|2018||Ye Mantram Vesave|
Ee Nagaraniki Emaindhi
Meeku Maathrame Cheptha
|Chaitanya ”Bobby” Krishnan|
|2020||World Famous Lover||Gautham / Seenayya “Srinu”|
|2021||Jathi Ratnalu||Blue shirt guy|
Vijay Deverakonda Family
In the present Vijay Deverakonda is 30 years old, he was born in Achampet, Telangana, India. His Father Name Govardhana Rao, TV Director, and His Mother Named, Madhavi, Proprietor of SpeakEasy in Hyderabad. He has one brother named, Anand Deverakonda, who works with Deloitte in the USA. Vijay Devarakonda is unmarried and not dating anyone.
|Father||Goverdhan Rao Deverakonda|
|Brother||Anand Deverakonda (younger)|
|Martial Status||Not Known|
Vijay Deverakonda Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
As of now, Vijay Deverakonda is single and unmarried, In the past, he was rumored to be dating Virginie and Izabelle Leite.
|Affairs / Girlfriend|
Izabelle Leite (Rumour)
Vijay Deverakonda Physical Stats
Vijay Deverakonda is a young and talented man with a great personality, He is very possessive about his body and loves to maintain his body measurements,
|Height||In Cm – 182 cm In M – 1.82m|
|Weight||In Kg – 70 In Pounds – 154 lbh|
|Figure Measurement||42 -32 -16|
|Waist Size||32 Inch|
|Biceps Size||16 Inch|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Vijay Deverakonda Favorites
|Favorites Actor||Shah Rukh Khan & Mahesh Babu|
|Favorites Actress||Radhika Apte|
|Favorites Food||Hyderabad Dum Biryani and Mango|
|Favorites director||Not Known|
|Favorites Movies||Not Known|
|Favorites Films||Hollywood – Godfather, Schindler’s List|
|Hobbies||Playing Music Instruments and Travelling|
Vijay Deverakonda Education Qualification
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B, com)|
|School||1. Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School Puttaparthi. |
2. Little Flower Junior School, Hyderabad
|Collage /University||Badruka College of Commerce, Hyderabad.|
Vijay Deverakonda Net Worth
Vijay Devarakonda Net Worth is $1 Million – $5 Million (USD). The main source of Vijay Devarakonda’s income comes from singing, acting & sponsorship of different brands.
|Net Worth||$ 1 Million Doller – $ 5 Million Doller|
|Salary||Rs 5 Crore Per film|
Vijay Deverakonda Awards & Nominations
Vijay Deverakonda is a famous Indian actor and model who mainly works in Tamil and Telugu language films. Deverakonda has established himself as a leading actor of Telugu cinema by starring in films such as Arjun Reddy (2017), Geetha Govindam (2018), and Dear Comrade (2019). He is the winner of the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu and had also won the South Indian International Movie Award for Best Actor (Critics) and was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for his work in Geetha Govindam.
|2015||Nandi Awards||Nandi Special Jury Award||Yevade Subramanyam||Won|
|2017||Zee Telugu Golden Awards||Best Actor||Arjun Reddy||Won|
|2018||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor – Telugu||Arjun Reddy||Won|
|2018||South Indian International Movie Awards||SIIMA Best Actor||Arjun Reddy||Nominated|
|2018||Behindwoods Gold Medal||The South Indian Sensation||Arjun Reddy||Won|
|2019||South Indian International Movie Awards||SIIMA Best Actor and Critics Best Actor – Telugu||Geetha Govindam||Nominated|
|2019||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor – Telugu||Geetha Govindam||Won|
|2019||Behindwoods Gold Medal||Best Actor – Ina Lead Role||Geetha Govindam||Won|
Vijay Deverakonda Brand and Endorsements
Vijya was the official brand ambassador of the food delivery App Zomato and on 11th February 2020, he launched his own fashion brand Rowdy Wear on Myntra.
- In July 2018, he went into controversy after the song: What the F**k” from his film “Geetha Govindam” was released as it hurt the sentiments of people, later he decided to withdraw the song from youtube.
- In April 2018, he posted a picture of actress Savitri on Twitter with the caption “What a cool chick” This comment didn’t go well publicly and some of the fans of Savitri Slammed him for his comment, In reply, he slammed those who trolled him for his comment.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Deverakonda
- Does Vijay Deverakonda Smoke?
- Does Vijay Deverakonda drink?
- Vijay Deverakonda has won a total of 8 film awards.
- His family used to call him Rowdy whenever he did things that were unapproved by his parents.
- He was the brand ambassador of the food delivery app Zomato.
- On 11 February 2020, Deverakonda launched his fashion brand Rowdy Wear on Myntra.
- He has founded ‘The Deverakonda Foundation’ which is a non-profit organization.
- He donated ₹500,000 to Kerela Relief Fund.
- Vijay Devarakonda was also considered for the Gemini Ganesan`s role, which was later played by Dulquer Salmaan.
- Deverakonda has donated to relief funds, including a donation to families of victims in the 2019 Pulwama attack.
- NOTA (2018) marked the debut of Vijay Deverakonda in Tamil cinema.
- Vijay Deverakonda began his acting career with the theatre group Sutradhar, which was based in Hyderabad.
- Vijay Devarakonda also sang the brand anthem “I am You- I am the ROWDY you” for his clothing label.
- He has made a donation to the families of the martyrs of the Pulwama attack.
- Vijay has even donated a lot to combat COVID 19.
- He is the owner of a film production company called King of the Hill Entertainment.
- He also directed a Telugu short film “Madam Meerena “ in 2014
- He calls his fans “Rowdies”
Vijay Deverakonda is very famous among youngsters and has a great fan following on all social Media Platforms. Vijay had his accounts on all social media platform’s which includes Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter.