Deverakonda Vijay Sai, also known as Vijay Deverakonda, is an Indian actor and producer who works in Tamil and Telegu language films. Deverakonda is one of the most handsome and stunning actors who mainly works in Telugu movies. Making his debut at a young age after a stint in theatre, Vijay is best known for his role as “Rishi” in the 2015 movie Yevade Subramanyam.
Vijay Deverakonda is a successful actor who is best known for his work in Geetha Govindam (2018), Arjun Reddy (2017), Yevade Subramanyam (2015), Taxiwaala (2018), and Dear Comrade (2019). He made his debut in 2011 with Ravi Babu’s romantic comedy Nuvvila which helped him gain recognition for his supporting role in Yevade Subramanyam (2015).
He also played the lead role in the 2016 romantic comedy Pelli Choopulu. Vijay Deverakonda gained huge fame for his performance in Arjun Reddy, which won him several accolades, including the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu. In 2019, he won the South Indian International Movie Critics Award for Best Actor and was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for his work in Geetha Govindam.
Vijay Deverakonda was born on May 9, 1989, in Achampet, Andhra Pradesh, India. His father, Devarakonda Govardhan Rao, was a famous television director, and his mother, Madhavi, is the proprietor of “Speak Easy” in Hyderabad. Young Vijay’s father was a producer and belonged to the cinema industry, so it was natural for young Vijay to make a choice.
Like his father, he found his love in front of the camera and soon started following the profession passionately. Vijay was born in Achampet, in the Nagarkurnool district of Telangana. Along with his younger brother, Vijay was admitted to Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School in Puttaparthi, Ananthapur District, Andhra Pradesh. Vijay had spent most of his formative years at this school, away from his family for close to 10 months a year. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Vijay Devarakonda is a young actor best known for his work in Telugu romance, drama, comedy, and thriller movies. Vijay Deverakonda made his film debut in 2011 with Ravi Babu’s romantic comedy Nuvvila (2011), but was rewarded with his role as Yevade Subramanyam (2015).
Deverakonda also owns his own production house, King of the Hill Entertainment. He produced the film Meeku Maathrame Chetha under his banner.
He is the brand ambassador of Zomato.
He launched his fashion brand Rowdy Wear on 15th October 2018. The brand was also launched in Myntra.
He also does several charitable and humanitarian works with his foundation, The Deverakonda Foundation.
He was featured by Forbes India in their 30 Under 30 list in 2019, and 72nd on Celebrity 100 list in 2018. He was ranked 4th, 3rd, and 2nd in The Times Most Desirable Men in 2018, 2019, and 2020. He became the most searched South Indian actor according to Google’s annual report
He recently acted in Liger, World Famous Lover, Meeku, Maathrame Cheptha, Hero and Arjun Reddy. Deverakonda became more famous after his lead role in the 2016 romantic comedy Pelli Choopulu, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu and the Filmfare Award for Best Film in Telugu.
|Profession||Actor, Model, Businessman|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1989|
|Age (2022)||32 years old|
|Birth Place||Achampet, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||C Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School, Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh|
Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad
|Collage||Badruka College of Commerce and Arts, Hyderabad|
|Debut||Telugu Film: Nuvvila (2011)|
Tamil Film: Nadigaiyar Thilagam (2018)
|Bachelor of Commerce with Honours (B.Com.(Hons)|
Vijay Deverakonda Career
- Vijay Deverakonda is a popular actor and model in Tollywood cinema. His first serious step into the world of entertainment was his brief stint with a theatre group called Sutradhar, based out of Hyderabad. He did a 3-month workshop, which led him to several plays in the Hyderabad theatre circuit. His long-standing association was with Ingenium Dramatics. Soon, he ventured into the cinema. Vijay made his debut with the Ravi Babu-directed romantic comedy Nuvvila (2011) and later appeared in Sekhar Kammula’s Life is Beautiful in a minor role.
- Later on, he was introduced to Nag Ashwin, who later cast him in a supporting role in the 2015 film Yevade Subramanyam alongside actor Nani.
- In 2016, Deverakonda’s first lead role was in Pelli Choopulu, a romantic coming-of-age film directed by Tharun Bhascker. The film became commercially successful and won the Best Feature Film in Telugu and the Filmfare Award for Best Film in Telugu at the 64th National Film Awards.
- In 2017, he starred in the masala film, Dwaraka, which was directed by Srinivas Ravindra (MSR), produced by Pradyumna Chandrapati and Ganesh Penubotu, under Legend Cinema, and presented by R. B. Choudary under the banner Super Good Films.
- In the same year, Vijay appeared in the blockbuster film, Arjun Reddy. The film was written and directed by Sandeep Reddy Vanga and was produced by his brother Pranay Reddy Vanga’s company, Bhadrakali Pictures. The film stars Vijay Deverakonda, Shalini Pandey, and Rahul Ramakrishna. In the movie, his portrayal as a self-destructive, short-tempered, and alcoholic surgeon received critical acclaim and won him awards like the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu.
- In 2018, after Arjun Reddy, he then starred in Mahanati, a biographical film about the life of actress Savitri. Deverakonda’s next release in 2018 was Geetha Arts’ romantic comedy, Geetha Govindam, in which he starred as an innocent and nervous college professor. His next film, released on October 5, was the Tamil political thriller NOTA, directed by Anand Shankar, which performed poorly at the box office.  His next project was UV Creations’ supernatural comedy thriller Taxiwaala.
- In 2019, Film Companion ranked Deverakonda’s performance in Arjun Reddy among the “100 Greatest Performances of the Decade”.
- In 2019, Deverakonda was seen in Bharat Kamma’s Dear Comrade, a romantic action drama, alongside Rashmika Mandanna.
- In 2020, he acted in Kranthi Madhav’s romantic drama “World Famous Lover” opposite Raashi Khanna, Catherine Tresa, Aishwarya Rajesh, and Izabelle Leite.
- As of April 2021, his Hindi–Telugu bilingual film, Liger, is in production. The film is being directed by Puri Jagannadh and produced by Karan Johar.
Vijay Deverakonda Family
Vijay Deverakonda was born in Achampet, Telangana, India. He is the son of Govardhana Rao and Madhavi. His father was a film director and his mother is the proprietor of “Speak Easy” in Hyderabad. Vijay was born and raised in Achampet, Telangana alongside his younger brother Anand Deverakonda, who works with Deloitte in the USA.
|Father||Goverdhan Rao Deverakonda|
|Brother||Anand Deverakonda (younger)|
|Martial Status||Not Known|
Vijay Deverakonda Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
As of now, Vijay Deverakonda is single and unmarried, In the past, he was rumored to be dating Virginie and Izabelle Leite.
|Affairs / Girlfriend|
Izabelle Leite (Rumour)
Vijay Deverakonda Physical Stats
Vijay Deverakonda is a young and talented man with a great personality, He is very possessive about his body and loves to maintain his body measurements,
|Height||In Cm – 182 cm In M – 1.82m|
|Weight||In Kg – 70 In Pounds – 154 lbh|
|Figure Measurement||42 -32 -16|
|Waist Size||32 Inch|
|Biceps Size||16 Inch|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Vijay Deverakonda Favorites
|Favorites Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Mahesh Babu|
|Favorites Actress||Radhika Apte|
|Favorites Food||Hyderabad Dum Biryani and Mango|
|Favorites director||Not Known|
|Favorites Movies||Not Known|
|Favorites Films||Hollywood – Godfather, Schindler’s List|
|Hobbies||Playing Music Instruments and Travelling|
Vijay Deverakonda Education Qualification
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B, com)|
|School||1. Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School Puttaparthi. |
2. Little Flower Junior School, Hyderabad
|Collage /University||Badruka College of Commerce, Hyderabad.|
Vijay Deverakonda Net Worth
Vijay Devarakonda’s Net Worth is $1 Million – $5 Million (USD). The main source of Vijay Devarakonda’s income comes from singing, acting & sponsorship of different brands.
|Net Worth||$ 1 Million Doller – $ 5 Million Doller|
|Salary||Rs 5 Crore per film|
Vijay Deverakonda Awards & Nominations
Vijay Deverakonda is a famous Indian actor and model who mainly works in Tamil and Telugu language films. Deverakonda has established himself as a leading actor in Telugu cinema by starring in films such as Arjun Reddy (2017), Geetha Govindam (2018), and Dear Comrade (2019). He is the winner of the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu and had also won the South Indian International Movie Award for Best Actor (Critics) and was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for his work in Geetha Govindam.
Vijay Deverakonda Brand and Endorsements
Vijya was the official brand ambassador of the food delivery App Zomato and on 11th February 2020, he launched his own fashion brand Rowdy Wear on Myntra.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Deverakonda
- Does Vijay Deverakonda Smoke? No
- Does Vijay Deverakonda drink? No
- Vijay Deverakonda has won a total of 8 film awards.
- His family used to call him Rowdy whenever he did things that were unapproved by his parents.
- He was the brand ambassador of the food delivery app Zomato.
- He also directed a Telugu short film “Madam Meerena “ in 2014
- On 11 February 2020, Deverakonda launched his fashion brand Rowdy Wear on Myntra.
- He has founded ‘The Deverakonda Foundation’ which is a non-profit organization.
- He donated ₹500,000 to Kerela Relief Fund.
- Vijay Devarakonda was also considered for the Gemini Ganesan`s role, which was later played by Dulquer Salmaan.
- Deverakonda has donated to relief funds, including a donation to families of victims in the 2019 Pulwama attack.
- Vijay is a multi-talented man, he turned into a singer for his superhit film “Geetha Govindam” but due to some issues the song was not incorporated in the film. Later the same song was used for his own clothing line.
- NOTA (2018) marked the debut of Vijay Deverakonda in Tamil cinema.
- Vijay Deverakonda began his acting career with the theatre group Sutradhar, which was based in Hyderabad.
- Vijay Devarakonda also sang the brand anthem “I am You- I am the ROWDY you” for his clothing label.
- He has made a donation to the families of the martyrs of the Pulwama attack.
- Vijay has even donated a lot to combat COVID 19.
- He is the owner of a film production company called King of the Hill Entertainment.
- He calls his fans “Rowdies”
- Vijay Deverakonda is very famous among youngsters and has a great fan following on all social Media Platforms. Vijay had his accounts on all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter.
Vijay Deverakonda Social Media Profile
Vijay Deverakonda Instagram Profile
- Is Vijay Deverakonda Married ?
- Popular Telegu actor Vijay Deverakonda is unmarried and single.
- Is Vijay Deverakonda & Rashmika Mandanna married in real?
- No, actor Vijay Deverakonda & actress Rashmika Mandanna are not married in real.
- Who is Vijay Deverakonda Girlfriend?
- As of now Vijay Deverakonda is single and is unmarried. Once he was rumored to be in a relationship with Virginie and actress Izabelle Leite.
- Who is Vijay Deverakonda wife ?
- Actor Vijay is unmarried and single. He has not spoken about his personal life very much.
- When is Vijay Deverakonda’s birthday?
- Popular Telegu star Vijay Deverakonda celebrates his birthday on May 9 every year.
- What is Vijay Deverakonda’s new upcoming movie?
- His upcoming movie is Liger.
- Which is Vijay Deverakondais and Rashmika Mandanna’s movie?
- Popular actor Vijay Deverakonda & actress Rashmika Mandanna had worked together In two films that are Geetha Govindam and Dear Comrade.
- When is Vijay Devara Konda’s film Liger releasing?
- His upcoming film Liger is going to be released on 25 August 2022
- How old is Vijay Devara Konda ?
- Vijay Deverakonda is 33 Years old in 2022.
- What is Vijay Devarakonda’s age?
- He was born on 9 May 1989 in Hyderabad. As of 2022, he is 33 Years old.
- In which movie does Vijay Devara Konda & Rashmika Mandanna had worked together?
- Popular actor Vijay Deverakonda & actress Rashmika Mandanna had worked together In two films that are Geetha Govindam and Dear Comrade. of Nihan.