Vera Ann Farmiga is the birth name of Vera Farmiga. She is an American actress, director, and producer. Vera Farmiga is an American actress who has received an Academy Award nomination for her role in Up in the Air (2009) and Primetime Emmy Award nominations for her roles in Bates Motel (2013) and When They See Us (2019). She is best known for her role in films like “Up in the Air” and “The Conjuring.” She is also known for her performance in the TV series “Bates Motel.” She appeared in the lead role in the film “Love in the Time of Money.” Following this, she had her breakout role in the independent drama film “Down to the Bone.” She was nominated for the Golden Globe Award, the SAG Award, the BAFTA Award and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Vera Farmiga was born on August 6, 1973 in Clifton New Jersey USA to Ukrainian parents. She is the second of seven children by her parents. Vera Farmiga is the daughter of Luba Farmiga, who is a school teacher and Michael Farmiga a computer systems analyst. His younger sister Taissa Farmiga is also a famous American actress and model. Vera Farmiga’s siblings are Victor, Stephan, Alexander, Nadia, Laryssa and Taissa Farmiga.
Vera Farmiga grew up in New Jersey, where she trained as a folk dancer and classical pianist in her childhood years. She attended Ukrainian Catholic School in Newark, New Jersey and Hunterdon Central Regional High School in New Jersey, U.S. Vera completed her education in 1991, at Hunterdon Central Regional High School. As her goal, she always wanted to be an optometrist, but she later changed her mind and studied acting at Syracuse University’s School of Performing Arts, graduating in 1995.
Vera Farmiga made her first debut in 1995 after graduating from Syracuse University’s School of Performing Arts. She was seen in “Taking Sides”. Her stage credits include performances in “The Tempest”, “Good”, “The Seagull” and “Second-Hand Smoke” (1997). In the same year she made her television debut as the female lead opposite a then-unknown Heath Ledger in Fox’s adventure series Roar (1997).
Farmiga also had starring roles in the political thriller The Manchurian Candidate (2004), the crime drama The Departed (2006), the romance drama Never Forever (2007), the historical drama The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008), the romantic comedy Henry’s Crime (2010), the science fiction thriller Source Code (2011), the action thriller Safe House (2012), the legal drama The Judge (2014), and the biographical drama The Front Runner (2018).
|Vera Farmiga Name||Vera Ann Farmiga|
|Vera Farmiga Nick Name||Vera|
|Vera Farmiga Profession||Actress, Director|
|Vera Farmiga Date of Birth||6th August 1973|
|Vera Farmiga Age (2021)||48 Years|
|Vera Farmiga Birth Place||Clifton, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Vera Farmiga Nationality||Ukrainian-American|
|Vera Farmiga Hometown||Clifton, New Jersey|
|Vera Farmiga School||Ukrainian Catholic school, Newark, New Jersey|
Hunterdon Central Regional High School, New Jersey, U.S.
|Vera Farmiga Collage||Syracuse University, New York|
|Vera Farmiga Debut||Film Debut: Rose Hill (1997)|
TV Debut: Roar (1997)
|Vera Farmiga Religion||Pentecostalism|
|Vera Farmiga Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Vera Farmiga Address (Fan Mail Address)||Authentic Talent and Literary Management|
20 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Vera Farmiga Career
- Vera Ann Farmiga was born on August 6, 1973, in Clifton New Jersey USA to Ukrainian parents.
- In February 1996, Farmiga starred as Miranda in the American Conservatory Theater’s production of The Tempest.
- In the same year, she portrayed Anne Hartman in a production of Good at The Barrow Group.
- In October 1996, Vera Farmiga made her Broadway debut alongside Ed Harris and Daniel Massey.
- In April 1997, she co-starred in the Hallmark Hall of Fame western television film Rose Hill where she portrayed the role of Emily Elliot.
- In 1997, Farmiga had a main role in Fox’s short-lived fantasy adventure series Roar (1997) alongside Heath Ledger and Sebastian Roché.
- She next played a supporting role alongside Vince Vaughn and Joaquin Phoenix in the drama-thriller Return to Paradise (1998).
- In the year 2000, Vaughn Farmiga had a supporting role as Lisa Tyler in the romantic drama Autumn in New York (2000).
- In 2000, she was again seen in the crime drama The Opportunists (2000), in which she co-starred as Miriam Kelly, the daughter of Christopher Walken’s character.
- In the same year, she got a supporting role as Daphne Handlova in the action thriller 15 Minutes alongside Robert De Niro, and co-starred in the drama film Dust.
- She then appeared in the Hallmark fantasy television film Snow White: The Fairest of Them All.
- In 2001, she also appeared as “Alex Cross” in NBC’s procedural drama series “UC: Undercover.”
- Farmiga had her first starring role in the romantic drama Love in the Time of Money, which premiered at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival.
- In June 2002, she starred in David Eldridge’s Under the Blue Sky at the Williamstown Theatre Festival.
- In 2002, she also appeared as “Lorena Fanchetti” in the comedy-drama “Dummy.”
- In 2003, she next appeared as Lorena Fanchetti in the comedy-drama Dummy (2003).
- In 2003, she had her breakthrough role as a drug-addicted mother, Irene Morrison, in the independent drama film Down to the Bone.
- She had a supporting role in the 2004 film Mind The Gap.
- Also in 2004, she had a supporting role as Jocelyne Jordan in the political thriller The Manchurian Candidate.
- In 2005, she played the role of “Eleanna” in “Neverwas.” The film premiered at the “Toronto International Film Festival.”
- In 2006, she portrayed Dr. Charlie Brooks in the indie thriller, The Hard Easy.
- She next starred as Teresa Gazelle in Wayne Kramer’s crime thriller Running Scared.
- In the same year, she appeared in the romantic crime drama Breaking and Entering.
- In 2007, she played the lead role of Sophie Lee in Gina Kim’s romantic drama Never Forever.
- In the same year, she starred in the psychological thriller film Joshua.
- In September 2008, she appeared in the historical drama The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.
- That same year, she starred in the war drama film In Transit alongside John Malkovich.
- In the same year, she appeared in the political thriller Nothing But the Truth.
- In 2009, Farmiga portrayed the lead role of Kate Coleman in Jaume Collet-Serra’s psychological thriller Orphan.
- She then appeared as Aurora de Valday in Niki Caro’s romantic drama “A Heavenly Vintage.”
- Also in 2009, she appeared in Jason Reitman’s comedy-drama Up in the Air.
- In 2010, Farmiga was offered a lead role in Marc Forster’s action biopic Machine Gun Preacher, but declined because she was pregnant.[
- In 2010, she appeared in a science fiction thriller film. Source Code
- In 2012, she appeared in an independent comedy-drama film titled “Goats,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
- In March 2013, she started playing the lead role of “Norma Louise Bates” in the “A & E” drama-thriller series “Bates Motel.”
- In 2013, she appeared in James Wan’s horror film The Conjuring (2013), which was met with critical and commercial success.
- She next featured in the Romanian-American comedy-drama “Closer to the Moon” (2013) and David Dobkin’s drama film “The Judge” (2014). Both the films were moderate box office successes.
- Farmiga co-starred as Dr. Nora Phillips in Neill Blomkamp’s BMW short film, The Escape (2016).
- In 2018, Farmiga starred as neo-Nazi group leader Shareen Krager in Guy Nattiv’s racial drama Skin,
- In January 2018, she appeared in action thriller The Commuter and Amazon’s sci-fi anthology series Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams.
- In March 2019, she starred as Jane Doe alongside John Goodman in Rupert Wyatt’s science fiction thriller Captive State.
- In May 2019, she portrayed Dr. Emma Russell in the third instalment of the MonsterVerse film franchise, Godzilla: King of the Monsters.
- In May 2019, Farmiga appeared in the Netflix crime drama miniseries When They See Us, based on the Central Park jogger case.
- In June 2019, she reprised her role as Lorraine Warren in the horror sequel film Annabelle Comes Home.
- In September 2021, Farmiga appeared as Livia Soprano in the film prequel to The Sopranos, titled The Many Saints of Newark.
Vera Farmiga Family
Famous actress Vera Farmiga was born on August 6, 1973 in Clifton, New Jersey. Her parents are Ukrainians, and she is the second daughter of seven children.Her father, Michael Farmiga, was a systems analyst-turned-landscaper, and her mother, Lubomyra “Luba,” was a schoolteacher. Her older brother’s name is Victor, and she has five younger siblings: Stephan, Nadia, Alexander, Laryssa (who was born with spina bifida), and Taissa. As a child, Farmiga converted with her family from the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church to Pentecostalism. Farmiga considers herself to be “100% Ukrainian American.” She was raised in an insular Ukrainian American community in Irvington, New Jersey, with Ukrainian as her native language.
She attended St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic School in Newark, New Jersey, and toured with a Ukrainian folk-dancing ensemble, Syzokryli, during her teen years. In 1991, she graduated from Hunterdon Central Regional High School. During her junior year there, she found acting after being benched during a varsity soccer game; her friend convinced her to audition for the school production of The Vampire, and she won the lead role of Lady Margare.
|Vera Farmiga Father Name||Mykhailo “Michael” Farmiga (A Computer Systems Analyst)|
|Vera Farmiga Mother Name||Lubomyra “Luba” (School Teacher)|
|Vera Farmiga Brother||Victor, Stephan, Alexander|
|Vera Farmiga Sister||Nadia, Laryssa, Taissa Farmiga (also an actress)|
|Vera Farmiga Husband / Wife||Renn Hawkey|
Vera Farmiga Relationship / Martial Status & Many More
Vera Farmiga meets actor Sebastian Roché on the set of the fantasy adventure series Roar. Later on, their attraction on set changed into love and they married in 1997. After only 7 years of their relationship, they divorced in 2004. Afterward, she began dating Deadsy musician Renn Hawkey. They married on September 13, 2008, when Farmiga was five months pregnant with their first child. She gave birth to a son, Fynn, in January 2009 in Rhinebeck, New York, and a daughter, Gytta, in November 2010. The family owns homes in the Hudson Valley, New York, and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
|Vera Farmiga Affairs / Boyfriend||Sebastian Roché (Divorced)|
Renn Hawkey (Present)
|Vera Farmiga Husband / Spouse||Sebastian Roché (Divorced)|
Renn Hawkey (Present)
|Vera Farmiga’s Marriage date||1st: in 1997|
2nd: September 2008
|Vera Farmiga Marriage Place||N/A|
|Vera Farmiga Children||Son– Fynn Hawkey|
Daughter– Gytta Lubov Hawkey
Vera Farmiga Physical Stats
Vera Farmiga is one of the most well-known actresses in Hollywood, She always tries to get into shape and maintain her body. Her height is 5 feet 6 inches and her body weight is 60 Kg as of now. She follows a Non-vegetation diet.
|Height in cm||In Centimeter -167 cm|
In Meter– 1.67m
In Feet– 5 Feet 5 Inches
|Weight||In Kg– 60 kg|
In Pounds– 123lbd
Vera Farmiga Favourite
|Favorite Actor||Billy Bob Thornton, Todd Allen|
|Favorite Actress||Farrah Fawcett, June Carter Cash|
|Favorite Movie||The Apostle (1997)|
|Favorite Cuisine||American Local Food|
|Favorite Color||White, Red|
|Hobbies||Knitting, Wool Production|
Vera Farmiga Education
Famous American Actress and model Vera Farmiga was born on August 6, 1973, in Clifton, New Jersey. She had attended St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic School in Newark, New Jersey, and toured with a Ukrainian folk-dancing ensemble, Syzokryli, during her teen years. Vera completed her high school education in 1991 at Hunterdon Central Regional High School New Jersey, U.S.
As Vera Farmiga was a talented and hardworking kid, she attended dance classes and even lean to play piano during high school. later on, she went on to study Theatre at Syracuse University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1995.
|School||Ukrainian Catholic school, Newark, New Jersey|
Hunterdon Central Regional High School, New Jersey, U.S.
|Collage||Syracuse University, New York|
|Vera Farmiga Educational Qualification||Graduate|
Vera Farmiga’s Net Worth
Vera Farmiga who is a popular American actress had an estimated net worth of $ 245 Million Doller. She earns her living from acting in films and from brand endorsement. She is an actress known for best known for portraying paranormal investigator Lorraine Warren in the Conjuring Universe films The Conjuring (2013), The Conjuring 2 (2016), and Annabelle Comes Home (2019), and The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021).
|Net Worth||$ 245 Million Doller|
Some Unknown facts about Vera Farmiga
- Does Vera Farmiga smoke?: No
- Does Vera Farmiga drink alcohol?: Yes
- She is the daughter of Ukrainian immigrants and the second of seven children.
- She is the second among the seven children her parents had.
- Grew up in a Ukrainian-speaking enclave in New Jersey.
- Graduated from Syracuse University, class of 1995.
- Graduated from Hunterdon Central Regional High School, class of 1991.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2005.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 35, son Fynn Hawkey (Fynn McDonnell Hawkey) on January 13, 2009. Child’s father is her 2nd husband, Renn Hawkey.
- Auditioned for the role of Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale (2006), but Eva Green was cast instead.
- Was five months pregnant with her daughter Gytta when she completed filming on Higher Ground (2011).
- Returned to work 3 months after giving birth to her daughter Gytta in order to begin filming Goats (2012).
- Older sister of Taissa Farmiga.
- Good friends with George Clooney.
- Delivered her children Fynn and Gytta via Caesarean section.
- Turned down the offer to portray Milada Horáková in Milada (2017), eventually played by Ayelet Zurer.
- Good friends with Dagmara Dominczyk and Patrick Wilson.
- Sister-in-law of Adam Hawkey and Molly Hawkey.
- First wife of Sebastian Roché.
- Has worked with directors James Wan, Jaume Collet-Serra, and Jason Reitman twice each.
- Good friends with Bates Motel (2013) co-stars Freddie Highmore, Nestor Carbonell, and Max Thieriot.
- Drives a black Chevrolet Corvette. [December 2013]
- Counts boxing and knitting among her hobbies.
- Plays the guitar and piano.
- Has made two films with sister Taissa Farmiga: Higher Ground (2011) and At Middleton (2013).
- Practices the Japanese martial art of Jujitsu, in which she has earned an orange belt (March 2017).
- Had never acted in a sequel until The Conjuring 2 (2016).
- Has starred in two films nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture: The Departed (2006) (which won) and Up in the Air (2009).
- Made her Broadway debut as an understudy for the role of Emmi Straube in “Taking Sides”. [October 1996]
- Is a fan of the novels “A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian” by Marina Lewycka, “Pilgrim at Tinker Creek” by Annie Dillard, “Identity” by Milan Kundera, and “Wildlife” by Richard Ford.
- Was considered for a role in The Dark Knight Rises (2012).
- Before acting professionally, she worked in customer service for an air conditioning company.
- Is referred to as a “Scream Queen” after her starring roles in Joshua (2007), Orphan (2009), Bates Motel (2013), The Conjuring (2013), and The Conjuring 2 (2016).
- Is an alumnus of the prestigious Barrow Group theatre company.
- Was a semi-professional Ukrainian folk dancer in the troupe Syzokryli, instructed by dancer and choreographer Roma Pryma-Bohachevsky.
- Owns three angora goats named Zoshya, Fruzia and Sofika, and a dog named Muppet.
- Is a fan of the Roman Polanski films Repulsion (1965) and Rosemary’s Baby (1968).
- Though both her parents are Ukrainian-born, her mother grew up in the United States from infancy and her father was raised in Argentina.
- Owns homes in Hudson Valley, New York and Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Can speak some French and Spanish, in addition to being fluent in English and Ukrainian.
- Attended St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic School.
- Met her 2nd husband, Renn Hawkey, on the set of Touching Evil (2004) in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Auditioned, and was closely considered, for the role of Jude Quinn in I’m Not There (2007), but Cate Blanchett was cast instead.
- Earlier in her career, Farmiga would send self-taped auditions to casting directors instead of auditioning in person.
- Her six siblings are named Victor, Stephan, Nadia, Alexander, Laryssa, and Taissa. They all share the same parents.
- Played the older version of her sister Taissa Farmiga’s character in Higher Ground (2011), and her mother in At Middleton (2013).
- Was born in Passaic County and grew up in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
- Her sister Laryssa was born with spina bifida.
- Her father was a soccer player in his youth and was scouted for Argentina’s national team.
- Her role in Roar (1997) paid off her college student loans.
- Is often cast in the role of a mother.
- Has sung in four of her projects: Iron Jawed Angels (2004), Higher Ground (2011), Bates Motel (2013), and Special Correspondents (2016).
- Was introduced to her 2nd husband, Renn Hawkey, by their mutual friend, director Allen Hughes.
- Landed her first agent immediately after graduating from Syracuse University.
- Counts Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball among her idols.
- Had to go to the emergency room after sustaining an injury during the filming of Bates Motel (2013)’s third season finale.
- Is good friends with Peter Sarsgaard, who shares the same manager, and his wife Maggie Gyllenhaal.
- Freddie Highmore is the godfather to her son, Fynn Hawkey.
- Was a member of the Breakthrough Actor award jury at the Gotham Awards in 2017.
- Cousin of artist Adriana Farmiga.
- Born on the 28-year anniversary of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, Japan.
Vera Farmiga Social Media Profile
Vera Farmiga Instagram Profile
- Is Vera Farmiga Married?
- Yes, Vera Farmiga is married, her husband’s name is Renn Hawkey.
- What is Vera Farmiga’s husband’s name?
- Vera Farmiga who is a popular American actress is married to American musician Renn Hawkey. She was previously married to Sebastian Roché who is a French actor. The couple got divorced in 2004.
- What is Vera Farmiga age ?
- As of 2021, Vera Farmiga is 57 Years old.
- How old is Vera Farmiga?
- As of 2021, Vera Farmiga is 57 Years old.
- When is Vera Farmiga’s birthday?
- Vera Farmiga celebrates her birthday on 6 August every year.
- What is Vera Farmiga’s height in feet?
- Vera Farmiga’s height in feet is 5 feet 5 inches.
- What is Vera Farmiga’s net worth in 2021?
- Vera Farmiga estimated net worth is $ 245 Million Doller.