Surbhi Jyoti is a well-known actress in the Indian Television Industry. She was born on 29 May 1988, in Jalandhar, Punjab, India. She is best known for playing the role of Zoya Siddiqui in the popular Hindi TV serial Qubool Hai and as Bela Sehgal in the supernatural thriller Nagin 3. She is a renowned television actress who has portrayed many important roles in various popular TV serials. Apart from being an excellent actress, she is a talented hostess and a voice expert. She worked as a Radio Jockey during the initial stage of her career.
|Date of birth||29 May 1988|
|Birthplace||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Age (as in 2021)||33 years old|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Famous Role||Zoya (Qubool Hai)|
|Hometown||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading and Yoga|
|Years active||2010- present|
Surbhi Jyoti Career –
- Surbhi Jyoti started her career as a Radio Jockey in Jalandhar during her college days.
- After that, she worked in the popular Punjabi movie titled Ik Kudi Punjab Di in the year 2010 as a lead actress.
- Since then she has worked in many Punjabi TV serials and films such as Raula Pai Gaya (2012), Munde Patiyala De (2012), and Kach Diya Wanga (2011-2012), and Akiyaan To Door Jayen Na (2010).
- In 2012, she made her television debut with her appearance in the Hindi TV serial Qubool Hai, in which she played the role of Zoya Farooqui. The show underwent a reboot, in which she played the double role of Sanam and Seher.
- In 2015, she also hosted three seasons of the love drama Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya opposite Meiyang Chang.
- In 2015, Qubool Hai introduced a 25-year leap, after which she played Mahira, her fifth role in the show. The Show Qubool Hai ended in January 2016.
- In 2016, she also appeared in the Television show Ishqbaaaz as a cameo appearance.
- In September 2016, she hosted a travel-based web show Desi Explorers Yas Island.
- In 2017, she was featured in 4 Lions Films’ web show “Tanhaiyan” opposite Barun Sobti as Meera Kapoor.
- In 2017, she was also seen in Star Plus’ supernatural thriller Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai as Gitanjali Singh Shekhar, a girl from a royal family.
- In 2018, She worked in the music video Hanji.
- In June 2018, she played Bela Mahir Sehgal and Shravani Mihir Sippi in Balaji Telefilms show Naagin 3 as the main female lead roles which aired on Colors TV.
- In 2020 she appeared in Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka.
- As of 2021 she will be making her big screen debut in Bollywood with Jassi Gill in Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai.
- She made her comeback in the digital space with the web series Qubool Hai 2.0, which is a reboot version of her popular Zee TV show Qubool Hai alongside actor Karan Singh Grover which marked their second collaboration after 8 years reprising their roles as Zoya and Asad respectively..
Surbhi Jyoti Films
|2010||Ik Kudi Punjab Di||Gurmeet Kaur|
|2012||Raula Pai Gaya|
Munde Patiala De
|2021||Kya Meri Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai?||Sonam Gupta|
Surbhi Jyoti Web series
|2016||Desi Explorers Taiwan|
Desi Explorers Yas Island
|2021||Qubool Hai 2.0||Zoya Farooqui|
Surbhi Jyoti Family Background –
She was born and brought up in a well-settled Hindu Family from Jalandhar, Punjab, India. She is a Hindu by caste and follows the Hinduism religion. She is an Indian by Nationality. Her father is a businessman and her mother is a housewife. There is not much information about her parent’s names. She has a brother named Sooraj Jyoti, who is an Engineer by profession. Surbhi calls him Shanu.
|Father||Name not known (businessman)|
|Mother||Name not known (Housewife)|
|Brother||Sooraj Jyoti (Engineer)|
Surbhi Jyoti Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Surbhi Jyoti’s marital status is Unmarried. She was in a relationship with Zorawar Singh who is the brother of Punjabi Actor Madhurjeet Singh. There were many rumors that Surbhi Jyoti was dating her Naagin co-star Pearl V Puri and also her name was linked with Sumit Suri, who was seen in her music video Hanji. But those were all false statements. As of 2021, Surbhi Jyoti is not dating anyone.
|Affairs/ Boyfriend||Zorawar Singh, Sumit Suri (Actor, rumored), |
Pearl V Puri (Actor, rumored)
Surbhi Jyoti Height/ Weight & Physical State –
Surbhi Jyoti is a beautiful looking actress. She is known for her gorgeous looks and adorable personality. She is a fitness freak. The height of Surbhi Jyoti is approximately 5 feet 6 inches and the body weight is around 58 kg. Her body type is hourglass slim and her full body measurement is approximately 32-28-34 inches. She has stylish dark brown colour hair and sparkling star-like black colour eyes. The dimples on her cheeks adds a pleasing look to her. She has no tattoo on her body.
|Height||5’6″ (168 cm)|
|Weight||58 kg (132 lbs)|
|Body type||Hourglass Slim|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
Surbhi Jyoti Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman|
|Favourite Actress||Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Food||Rajma Chawal, Pani Puri|
|Favourite Perfume||Dolce & Gabbana|
|Favourite Restaurant||Banana Leaf In Ghatkopar|
|Favourite Destination||Rome, Switzerland and Paris|
Surbhi Jyoti Educational Qualification –
She completed her schooling at the Shiv Jyoti Public School, Jalandhar. After that, she graduated from the Hans Raj Mahila Maha Vidyalaya. She did her M.A. in English language from Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar.
|School||Shiv Jyoti Public School, Jalandhar|
|College||Hans Raj Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar &Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar|
|Qualification||Master of Arts in English|
Surbhi Jyoti’s Net worth –
The net worth of Surbhi Jyoti is estimated to be between $1.5 Million – $5.5 Million dollars. Her source of Income is mostly from being a successful Soap Opera Actress.
|Net worth||$1.5 Million – $5.5 Million|
|Source of Income||Actress|
Surbhi Jyoti Awards & Nominations
List of Awards won by Surbhi Jyoti
- 2013 – Indian Television Academy Awards, GR8! Performer of The Year (Female), Qubool Hai
- 2013 – Indian Telly Awards, Fresh New Face Female, Qubool Hai
- 2013 – Indian Telly Awards, Best Onscreen Couple (With Karan Singh Grover), Qubool Hai
- 2015 – Gold Awards, Best Debut Female, Qubool Hai
- 2015 – Gold Awards, Best Onscreen Jodi (With Karan Singh Grover), Qubool Hai
- 2015 – Gold Awards, Best Onscreen Jodi (With Karanvir Bohra) Qubool Hai
- 2018 – Indian Television Academy Awards, Most fit Actress
List of Award nominations received by Surbhi Jyoti
- 2013, Indian Television Academy Awards, Best Actress, Qubool Hai
- 2018, Indian Television Academy Awards, Best Actress (Jury), Naagin 3
Some lesser-known facts about Surbhi Jyoti –
- Does Surbhi Jyoti smoke? No
- Does Surbhi Jyoti drink alcohol? No
- She worked as a Radio Jockey during her graduation.
- Surbhi has won the National Debate Championship thrice in her career.
- Before joining the TV industry in Mumbai, she also worked in few Punjabi films, music videos and serials.
- She played 5 different roles in her popular TV series, Qubool Hai.
- She is a close friend of TV actress Asha Negi, Riddhi Dogra and Shalini Kapoor.
- If not an actress, then she would have been a teacher.
- She has a habit of forgetting dates, such as birthdays or wedding anniversaries.
- She has hydrophobia i.e. extreme or irrational fear of water.
- Her Ex-boyfriend, Zorawar Singh was the brother of Punjabi actress Madhurjeet Sarghi.
- She loves collecting shoes.
- She loves dancing and practicing Yoga.
- Her friends call her with the name Fruity.
- She promotes the different brands on her social media accounts.
- She worked in the music video Hanji in 2018.
- She is very disciplined about her fitness and hates pizza a lot.
- In real life, she is short-tempered.
Surbhi Jyoti Social Profile
Surbhi Jyoti Instagram
Surbhi Jyoti Twitter
Kaise hain aap sab ?? I wish health and happiness to everyone 💖 pic.twitter.com/6WTEiInDTB— Surbhi Jyoti (@SurbhiJtweets) May 11, 2021