Sriti Jha is a famous Indian television Actress and Dancer. She was born on 26 February 1986, in Darbhanga, Begusarai, Bihar, India. She is best known for playing the role of Pragya in Zee TV’s serial “Kumkum Bhagya”. She is also known for her role of Jhanvi in the TV serial “Dil Se Di Dua.. Saubhagyavati Bhava”. In 2015, she received Indian Telly Award, Television Style Award and Zee Rishtey Award for Best Actress for her performance in the serial Kumkum Bhagya.
|Nickname||Jhalli & Titu|
|Date of birth||26 February 1986|
|Birthplace||Darbhanga, Begusarai, Bihar, India|
|Age (as in 2021)||35 years old|
|Famous Role||“Pragya” in the Zee TV’s serial Kumkum Bhagya|
|Hometown||Darbhanga, Begusarai, Bihar, India|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling and Dancing|
|Years active||2007- present|
Sriti Jha Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Sriti Jha is approximately 5 feet 5 inches and the body weight is around 53 kg. Her body type is Slim and her full body measurement is approximately 34-25-36 inches. She has stylish black colour hair and sparkling star-like black colour eyes.
|Height||5’5″ (165 cm)|
|Weight||53 kg (117 lbs)|
Sriti Jha Family Background –
She belongs to a middle-class Brahmin Family. Her father’s name is Mithilesh Jha and her mother’s name is not known. She is very close to her mother.
She has one younger brother named Shashank Jha. She is very close to his brother. She has a sister named Meenakshi Jha. Her parents are proud to have a daughter like her.
Sriti Jha Educational Qualification –
She completed her schooling from Modern Indian School, Kathmandu and Laxman Public School, Delhi. After that, she graduated with a bachelor’s of Arts degree in English from Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi.
|School||Modern Indian School, KathmanduLaxman Public School, Delhi|
|College||Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in English|
Sriti Jha Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Marital status of Sriti Jha is Unmarried. She was in a relationship with Harshad Chopra, But unfortunately, they broke up within a year. After that, she was dating the most popular actor Kunal Karan Kapoor.
As of 2021, she is not dating anyone.
|Affairs/ Boyfriends||Harshad Chopra (Actor) |
Kunal Karan Kapoor (Actor)
Sriti Jha Personal Life –
She was born on 26 February 1986, in Begusarai, Bihar, India. She went to live with her family in Kolkata, where they lived for 10 years, then moved to Kathmandu, Nepal. After that, they moved to New Delhi, where she continued her studies at Laxman Public School. She graduated with a bachelor’s of Arts degree in English from Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi.
In January 2021, a video of Sriti Jha reciting her poem “Confessions Of An Asexual Romantic” during the 2020 Kommune India Spoken Fest, took the internet by storm. In the poem she had spoken about being asexual and all the pressures she has had to face from the society due to it.
Sriti Jha Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor(s)||Johnny Depp, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Waheeda Rehman, Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Film(s)||Andaz Apna Apna, Pyaasa, Kaagaz Ke Phool, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Chupke Chupke|
|Favourite Book(s)||To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot, The Diary of a Young Girl by Annie Frank, and The Story of My Life by Hellen Keller|
|Favourite Food||Aloo Gobi, Samosa, Dal Chawal|
|Favourite Comedian||Charlie Chaplin|
|Favourite colour||Black, White, Red and Blue|
|Favourite Perfume||YSL Cinema|
|Favourite Restaurant||Food First in Goregaon, Mumbai|
Sriti Jha Net worth –
The net worth of Sriti Jha is estimated to be between $2 Million – $5 Million dollars. Her source of income is mostly from being a successful TV actress.
|Net worth||$2 Million – $5 Million|
|Source of Income||Actress|
Sriti Jha Career –
- In 2007, she made her television debut as an actress with the TV serial Dhoom Machaao Dhoom, in which she played the role of Malini Sharma.
- After that, she appeared in Jiya Jale, in which she played the role of Sunaina Kotak.
- She is also a trained dancer and took part in some popular dance reality shows like Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan (2008) and Nach Baliye Season 7.
- She also did the role of Ganga in Colors TV’s serial Balika Vadhu for a while.
- In 2009, she played the role of Suhani in Star Plus’s Shaurya Aur Suhani.
- Her career was recognised by the show Jyoti of NDTV Imagine, in which she is a victim of split personality disorder disease.
- In 2011, she appeared in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava, in which she played the role of Jhanvi, a victim of domestic violence.
- Since 15 April 2014, she has played the role of Pragya in Ekta Kapoor’s Kumkum Bhagya opposite Shabbir Ahluwalia. Her portrayal won her the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role.
Sriti Jha Television List –
- Dhoom Machaao Dhoom (2007-2008)
- Jiya Jale (2007)
- Kaho Na Yaar Hai (2008)
- Shaurya Aur Suhani (2009)
- Jyoti (2009-2010)
- Rakt Sambandh (2010)
- Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? (2011-2013)
- Balika Vadhu (2013)
- Kumkum Bhagya (2014-present)
- Jamai Raja (2014)
- Tashan-e-Ishq (2015)
- Nach Baliye 7 (2015)
- Naagin 2 (2016)
- Kundali Bhagya (2017)
Some lesser known facts about Sriti Jha –
- Does Sriti Jha smoke? No
- Does Sriti Jha drink alcohol? No
- She is very fond of reading books.
- She is also very interested in Poetry and Literature.
- Sriti is a good poet.
- She wrote a few dialogues for some popular TV shows like Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava and Balika Vadhu.
- She has so many nicknames given by her family members and industry friends like Jhalli, Titu, Fuggi, Chashmish, Hawa Hawaii, Lady Mogambo, etc.
- She is a big fan of Charlie Chaplin.
- In 2004, she joined the English dramatics society called Verbum in Delhi in her college days and later became the president of it.
- In 2015, she received Indian Telly Award, Television Style Award and Zee Rishtey Award for Best Actress for her performance in the serial Kumkum Bhagya.
- Her role of Jhanvi in Life Ok’s serial Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? was highly liked by the audience.
- She loves watching director Satyajit Ray’s films.
- Her best artist friend is Mouni Roy, both have fairly good bonding.
- She did the role of Ganga in Colors TV’s serial Balika Vadhu for a while.
- She is one of the highest paid actresses in the Indian television Industry who charges over Rs. 75 thousand per episode.
Sriti Jha Social Profile
Sriti Jha Instagram
Sriti Jha Twitter
Please dekh lo dosto aur share bhi karna— sriti jha (@sritianne) September 20, 2018
A spoken word piece in Hindustani about gender non-conformity, letting go of inhibitions and being who you are#spokenword
Please follow stories on toast for more stories https://t.co/SGQd6VGZ6i