Shamita Shetty is a famous Indian Actress, Model, and Dancer. She began her career in Bollywood movies in 2000 with Yash Raj Films Blockbuster Movie Mohabbatein. The movie was directed by Aditya Chopra and cast by Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Aishwarya Rai. Shamita Shetty was born on 2 February 1979 in Mangalore, Karnataka.
She belongs to a high-profile family, She is the younger daughter of Surendra Shetty and mother Sunanda who is a manufacturer of tamper-proof water caps in the pharmaceutical industry. Actress Shamita Shetty is the real sister of very well-known celebrity Shilpa Shetty. Shamita is one of the most beautiful and successful actresses in Bollywood.
Shamita Shetty had appeared on a number of reality shows like Bigg Boss 3, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8 (2015), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 9 in 2019, Bigg Boss OTT (2021) and is currently appearing as a constant in Bigg Boss 15 (2021). Actress Shamita Shetty was born and raised in Mangalore with her family.
Shamita Shetty completed her primary education at St. Anthony’s Girls’ High School in Mumbai and later on completed her degree in commerce from Sydenham College. After seeing her sister Shilpa Shetty as an Idol she began her acting career. After completing her degree in commerce, Shamita started her fashion designing diploma from SNDT college Mumbai, later to her good luck and desire to be in the fashion industry she started her internship with ace fashion designer Manish Malhotra, but Manish saw a spark in her and suggested to prep her for her acting career. Shamita has also completed her degree in interior design pushed her to do a diploma from Central Saint Martins and Inchbald School of Design in London.
Actress Shamita Shetty started her acting career in 2000 with the Yash Raj Films blockbuster Mohabbatein, Shamita portrayed the role of Ishika in the film for which she was awarded the 2001 IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Female. Soon after, she gave the best dance numbers to Bollywood, including “Sharara Sharara” in Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2001) and “Chori Pe Chori” in Saathiya (2002). Shamita also appeared with her sister Shilpa Shetty in Fareb.
|Date of birth||2 February 1979|
|Age (as in 2021)||42 Years|
|Profession||Actress, Fashion Designer and Interior Designer, Model|
|Known For||Bollywood Film Mohabbatein|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Years active||2000- Bollywood (Mohabbatein)|
|School||Local School, Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Collage||Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
SNDT Women’s University
Central Saint Martins, London, England
Inchbald School of Design, London, England
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Fashion and Designing|
Shamita Shetty Career
- Shamita Shetty is one of the most famous and beautiful Indian Bollywood actresses and model
- Shamita started her career in 2000 with Yash Raj Superhit Film Mohabbatein in which she played the role of Ishika.
- After her debut in Mohabbatein, Her career gets a boost and she was seen in Bollywood movies like Sharara Sharara” in Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2001) and “Chori Pe Chori” in Saathiya (2002)
- In 2005, She appeared in the Bollywood movie Zeher
- She was nominated as the Star of the Year – Female at Stardust awards (2006) for her performance in Zeher.
- In the same year, she appeared in a movie with his sister Shilpa Shetty in Fareb.
- In 2009, She was the Contestant at the reality show Bigg Boss 3.
- she appeared on the Indian version of Dancing with the stars – Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2015.
Shamita Shetty Filmography
Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai
Wajahh: A Reason to Kil
|2006||Mohabbat Ho Gayi Hai Tumse|
|2008||Hari Puttar: A Comedy of Terrors|
|2017||Yo Ke Hua Bro|
Shamita Shetty Reality Show Details
|2009||Bigg Boss 3|
|2015||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8|
|2019||Khatron Ke Khiladi 9|
|2021||Bigg Boss OTT|
Bigg Boss 15
Shamita Shetty Family Background –
Actress Shamita Shetty was born on 2 February 1979 in Mangalore, Karnataka, India, She is the younger daughter of her father Surendra and her mother Sunanda, Shamita’s parents are manufacturers of tamper-proof water caps in the pharmaceutical industry. She is the sister of actress Shilpa Shetty.
Shamita Shetty Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Indian Actress and Model Shamita Shetty is still unmarried and Single, She was in a past relationship with someone whose name is not who died in a car accident, Currently, In 2021, Shamita Shetty is in a relationship with Indian actor Raqesh Bapat.
|Affairs/ Boyfriend|| The first boyfriend died in a car crash|
Raqesh Bapat (started dating in 2021)
Shamita Shetty Height/ Weight & Physical State
Shamita Shetty is a Gym freak girl who always tries to stay fit and fine. She looks attractive and beautiful and a wellness enthusiast. She always focuses on exercise, yoga, and meditation to keep herself fit. She enjoys a healthy lifestyle and consumes food that is rich in proteins. Shetty suggests drinking a lot of water, eating nuts, and avoiding packaged food items in terms to stay fit. Once she suffers from colitis and is lactose intolerant.
|Height||Approx 5 ‘5″|
|Measurements||34- 26 – 34|
|Shoe Size||5 Uk|
Shamita Shetty Educational Qualification –
Popular actress Shamita Shetty was born in a Tulu-speaking bunt family, in Mumbai. She was born and raised in Mumbai. She did her schooling at St. Anthony’s Girls’ High School, Mumbai, and afterward completed her degree in commerce from Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. As Shemita was also quite interested in fashion designing, she enrolled herself in a fashion designing course at SNDT College, Mumbai. and earned a diploma in fashion designing.
After that, she started her internship with fashion designer Manish Malhotra, but Manish suggested that she should pursue acting as her career. In 2011, Shetty decided to follow her passion in interior design. Her first solo project was Royalty, a club in Mumbai. Later, her love for interior design pushed her to do a diploma from Central Saint Martins and Inchbald School of Design in London.
|School||St.Anthony’s girl’s high school, Mumbai|
|College||Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
SNDT Women’s University
Central Saint Martins, London, England
Inchbald School of Design, London, England
|Qualification||Bachelor of commerce diploma in fashion designing|
Shamita Shetty Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor||Shah rukh khan, Amir khan|
|Favourite Actress||Shilpa Shetty, Madhuri Dixit & Sridevi Kapoor|
|Favourite Cuisine||Rajiv datia|
|Favourite Colour||Black & blue|
|Favourite restaurant||Frangipani in Mumbai|
|Favourite dish||Pasta with arrabbiata sauce apple pie and chocolate|
|Favourite cricketer||M.s Dhoni|
Shamita Shetty’s Net worth –
As estimated from the various sources Shamita Shetty’s net worth is Rs 50 Crore or $ 25 Million Doller, Her main source of income are Acting and Modeling. Shetty has endorsed Pantene with sister Shilpa Shetty for a year. She has been associated with brands and companies like Aldo, Audi and the IIFJAS Jewellery exhibition.
In 2016, Shetty walked the ramp during Lakme Fashion Week for Divya Reddy. Moreover, she was featured on the covers of magazines like The Lifestyle Journalist, G Magazine, Stuff Magazine, iCraze, Women Fitness Magazine, Femina India and Fitlook Magazine.
|Net Worth||Rs 50 crore|
|Car Collection||Mercedes benzs class ,BMW X 6|
Shamita Shetty Controversies
- In 2005, Shamita Shetty participated in BiggBoss-3 as a contestant, but later on, she left the reality show to attend his sister Shilpa Shetty’s wedding, Her fans and audience troll her for unprofessional behavior.
- In 2019, she was criticized by her fanbase for behaving rudely with a nervous fan. In the viral video, Shamita was seen walking toward her car when a girl approached the actress for a selfie. Shamita, who was already in an annoyed mood, grabbed the girl’s hand and rudely directed her to click a picture. Her arrogance was criticized by her fanbase, who credited her sister, Shilpa Shetty, for her stardom.
- In 2007, during the launch party of the film “Awarapan”, she had a wardrobe malfunction when her skirt rode up momentarily revealing her private parts.
- In 2013, during Raveena Tandon’s Jewellery launch event, she made headlines for not wearing a bra underneath her out, She was clicked by the Paparazzi flaunting her indecent dress.
Shamita Shetty Trivia
- Shamita Shetty is a famous Indian Actress, Model, and Dancer who made his career in Indin Bollywood movies in 2000 with the Yash Raj Films blockbuster Mohabbatein,
- Shamita Shetty has also appeared on reality shows like Bigg Boss 3, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8 (2015), and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 9 in 2019, Bigg Boss OTT (2021) and is currently in Bigg Boss 15 (2021).
- In 2015, she contested in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8, along with her partner Deepak Singh, in which she secured the third position.
- She was a contestant in the 2019 television show ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi’ (Season 9) in which she secured the fourth position. The stunt-based reality show aired on Colors.
- Since April 2008, she is a director of the S-2 Global Productions Private Limited company, along with her parents and sister,
- To play the role of Ishika in ‘Mohabbatein’ (2000), she rejected a role offered to her in the epic musical sports film ‘Lagaan’ (2001).
- She has two pet cats.
- She suffers from Colitis, a disease that causes a burning sensation in the large intestine. Hence, she follows certain food restrictions.
- Previously, Shamita was the director of the now-defunct company Esco Closures Private Limited.
- Other Bollywood films in which she appeared include Wajahh: A Reason to Kill (2004), Fareb (2004), Cash (2007), and Hari Puttar: A Comedy of Terrors (2008).
- In the 2003 Telugu film ‘Pilisthe Palukutha,’ she played the role of a college student named Shanti, who suffers from a brain tumor. Shanti is also a religious fanatic, who follows Indian spiritual master Sai Baba.
Shamita Shetty’s Social Media Profile
Shamita Shetty’s Instagram Profile
- Is Shamita Shetty Married?
- No as of now Shamita Shetty is unmarried and single.
- Who is Shamita Shetty ?
- Shamita Shetty is a famous Indian actress, model, and interior designer. She is also popular for being the younger sister of famous Indian actress and model Shilpa Shetty. Shamita rose to fame for her film debut in the multi-starrer blockbuster musical romance film Mohabbatein (2000). She was also awarded the IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Female for her role in Mohabbatein. She had also participated in several reality television shows like Bigg Boss 3 (2009) and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2015). Later, she was a contestant on the stunt-based show Khatron Ke Khiladi 9 (2019) and the game reality series Bigg Boss OTT (2021) and Bigg Boss 15 (2021–2022).
- Who is Shamita Shetty’s Boyfriend?
- As of now, Shamita Shetty is unmarried. She is single.
- How old is Shamita Shetty?
- Shamita Shetty is a 42 Years old,
- Wha is Shamita Shetty age ?
- As of 2021, Shamita Shetty is 42 Years old.
- Who is Shamita Shetty sister ?
- Shamita Shetty is the younger sister of a famous Indian actress and model Shilpa Shetty.
- What is Shamita Shetty Net Worth?
- Shamita Shetty is a famous Indian actress and model. She has an estimated net worth o Rs 50 in 2021.
- Who is Shamita Shetty’s boyfriend in 2021?
- As of 2021, Shamita Shetty is single.
- When is Shamita Shetty’s Birthday?
- Shamita Shetty celebrates her birthday on 2 February every year.