Shakti Mohan is an Indian Dancer, Choreographer and television personality. She was born on 12 October 1985, in Delhi, India. She is best known for her work in the Bollywood Industry. She is famous for a mentoring dance reality show Dance Plus (season 1-4). She also appeared in several television shows as a contestant and mentor. She started her journey with Dance India Dance season 2 in the year 2009-2010. She has also been featured in various films, television shows and music videos. She also made a special appearance in various television shows like Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori Ram Milaayi Jodi, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, Channel V Footloose, Punar Vivah, Main Laxmi Tere Aangan Ki, Dance India Dance Super Mom, and many more. In 2019, she is playing a lead female role as an actress in dance-based movie ABCD 3. In 2020, She has choreographed a song for Ranbir Kapoor in upcoming film Shamshera directed by Karan Malhotra. The film is set to release in 2021.
|Full Name||Shakti Brijmohan Sharma|
|Date of birth||12 October 1985|
|Age (as in 2021)||36 years old|
|Profession||Actress, Dancer & Choreographer|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Food habit||Pure Vegetarian|
Shakti Mohan Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Shakti Mohan is approximately 5 feet 4 Inches and the body weight is around 52 kg. Her body type is hourglass slim and her full body measurement is approximately 33-25-34 inches. She has short black colour hair and sparkling star-like black colour eyes.
|Height||5’4″ (163 cm)|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lbs)|
|Body type||Hourglass Slim|
Shakti Mohan Family Background –
She was born into a middle-class-family of Delhi, India. Her father’s name is Mr. Brij Mohan Sharma, who is a government officer by profession and her mother’s name is Mrs. Kusum Mohan, who is a homemaker. She has talented three sisters, Mukti Mohan, Neeti Mohan, and Kriti Mohan who are equally involved in dancing and playback singing. Her family believes in Hinduism.
|Father||Brij Mohan Sharma|
|Sisters||Neeti Mohan, Mukti Mohan, Kriti Mohan|
Shakti Mohan Educational Qualification –
She did her schooling from a boarding school Birla Balika Vidyapeeth Pilani, Rajasthan, India. After that, she graduated from Miranda House, University of Delhi. She got her post-graduation degree in political science from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. She enrolled at the Terence Lewis Dance Foundation Scholarship Trust and obtained a diploma in Dance in the year 2009.
|School||Birla Balika Vidyapeeth, Pilani, Rajasthan, India|
|College||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi, DelhiSt. Xavier’s College, Mumbai Terence Lewis Professional Training institute (TLPTI)|
|Qualification||Master’s of Arts (M.A) in Political Science Diploma in Dance Foundation Course (DIDFC)|
Shakti Mohan Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Marital status of Shakti Mohan is Unmarried. She was in a relationship with dancer and actor Kunwar Amar.
|Affairs/ Boyfriends||Kunwar Amar (Actor & Dancer)|
Shakti Mohan Early Life –
She was born on 12th October 1985, in Delhi, India. She aspired to become an IAS officer before entering into dancing. She moved to Mumbai from Delhi in the year 2006. Her first big achievement was winning the second season of Dance India Dance. In her childhood, she received a serious injury and doctor’s declared that she would not be able to walk again at the age of four. But her family supported her and she is completely out of health problem.
Shakti Mohan Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Film||Andaz Apna Apna (1994)|
|Favourite Food||Dal & Roti|
|Favourite Dessert||Honey noodles with ice-cream|
|Favourite Non-alcoholic drink||Lemonade|
|Favourite Singer||A.R. Rahman|
Shakti Mohan Net worth –
The net worth of Shakti Mohan is estimated to be between $1 Million – $5 Million dollars. Her source of income is mostly from being a successful Dancer.
|Net worth||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Source of Income||Dancing|
Shakti Mohan Career –
- Shakti Mohan started her career in 2009 by participating in the Zee TV’s Dance reality show Dance India Dance season 2 and won the show.
- Next year, she became one of the contestants in another dance reality show Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan.
- After that, she played the lead actress role in the series Dil Dosti Dance.
- Next year, she produced a dance-themed calendar for 2012-2013.
- In 2012, she collaborated with Mohammed Fairouz on a BBC-sponsored dance project in New York.
- In 2012, she did an item song Aa Re Pritam Pyare for Rowdy Rathore.
- In 2013, Mohan launched a YouTube channel with dance instruction videos.
- She worked as an assistant choreographer in the film Dhoom 3 (2013) for the famous song Kamli.
- In 2014, she also participated as a contestant on the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 7.
- She also did two item songs Kambal Ke Neeche and Tequila Wakila.
- In 2015, Shakti also judged the show Dance Singapore Dance .
- Her first song as a choreographer in Bollywood is “Nainowale Ne ” in the movie Padmavat.
- She owns her own dance brand called Nritya Shakti.
- She was also the judge and mentor in the dance competition reality show called Dance Plus for Seasons 1-4.
- In 2018, she did an item song Amma Dekh Tera Munda Bigra Jaye for the movie Nawabzaade.
- She has also been a part of a L’Oréal Paris campaign in 2020.
- In 2020, She has choreographed a song for Ranbir Kapoor in upcoming film Shamshera directed by Karan Malhotra. The film is set to release in 2021.
- She also made a special appearance in various television shows like Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori Ram Milaayi Jodi, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, Channel V Footloose, Punar Vivah, Main Laxmi Tere Aangan Ki, Dance India Dance Super Mom, and many more.
- She also appeared in the music videos like Akh Lad Jaave Nritya Jam (2018), Kanha Re (2018), Aakhri Baar (2019), ‘The Chamiya Song’ (2019) and ‘Saaton Janam’ (2020)
- She has also produced two web shows on YouTube named “Break A Leg” season 1 and season 2.
Some lesser known facts about Shakti Mohan –
- Does Shakti Mohan smoke? No
- Does Shakti Mohan drink alcohol? Yes (occasionally)
- Shakti is a trained contemporary dancer.
- Initially, she dreamt of becoming an IAS Officer.
- She got training in dance from Terence Lewis Professional Training Institute (TLPTI).
- She started her dancing career in 2009 by participating in Zee TV’s dance reality show Dance India Dance Season 2 and was eventually crowned the winner of that season.
- In 2011, she launched a dance brand Nritya Shakti, which is located in Mumbai.
- In her childhood, she severely injured herself and doctor’s declared that she would not be able to walk but she overcame the injury.
- She has also judged the dance reality show Dance Singapore Dance in 2015.
- She is not a foodie but drools over chocolates.
- She is extremely scared of darkness.
- She loves to keep her hair short because she feels strong herself with short hairs.
Shakti Mohan Social Profile
Shakti Mohan Instagram
Shakti Mohan Twitter
Do what makes you happy ☺️ pic.twitter.com/dlU3jwatrN— Nritya Shakti (@NrityaShakti) May 22, 2021