Salman Khan born as Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan is an Indian actor, film producer, singer, painter and television personality who works in Hindi films. Salam Khan was born on 27 December 1965 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. Salman Khan is the son of the legendary writer Salim Khan & his first wife Sushila Charak. His paternal grandfather was a Muslim from Afghanistan who immigrated to India and settled in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
Salman Khan father was one of the most renowned screenwriter who has penned many super-hits in the yesteryear’s like Sholay (1975), Deewaar (1975), and Don (1978).
Salman started his acting carrier in 1988 by doing a supporting role in the movie Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988). The following year he had the leading role in the box office romantic hit When Love Calls (1989). From there he became a heart throb of Indian cinema. His hits films in early 90s – Baaghi, Patthar Ke Phool and Sanam Bewafa. In 1994, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, earning over rs 135 crore, became one of the biggest Bollywood hits ever. Salman has been very successful in Television also as the host of reality show Bigg Boss. Salman Khan associated himself with the show since its fourth season. As a host, the heavyweight star stole the limelight and helped Bigg Boss top the TRP chart.
In the year 1998, Salman Khan was arrested by police from the shooting site of the movie Hum Saath-Saath Hain, for hunting a protected wild animal and spent around a week behind bars. In 2002, Salman had knockout the headlines once he crashed his Land Cruiser nearby American Express bakery Bandra, killing a man and hurting others.
In the year 2003, he gave his passionately charged performance as playing a fanatical lover in “In Your Name” that deciphered into positive reviews and a good run at Indian box office. His work was noticed worldwide in the movie Phir Milenge wherein he played the character of an AIDS patient. It was very well admired by the WHO (World Health Organization) for depicting the problems of AIDS patients in current world.
In the year 2007, Salman Khan instigated Being Human – Salman Khan Foundation. This non-profit organization assists the underprivileged in locations such as health-care and education. In recent times, he appeared in manifold record breaking box office megahit Dabangg, Bodyguard and Ready.
|Known name||Salman Khan|
|Real Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Nickname||Sallu & Bhaijaan|
|Date of Birth||December 27 , 1965|
|Age||54 years (as of 2019)|
|Birthplace||Indore Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Profession||Actor, Producer & Entrepreneur|
|Girlfriend / Affairs||Sangeeta Bijlani (Actress)|
Somy Ali (Actress)
Aishwarya Rai (Actress) (1999-2002)
Katrina Kaif (Actress) (2003-2010)
Faria Alam (Former Model & Football Association Secretary) (1996)
Iulia Vantur (Actress) (2016)
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Drop-Out|
|Hobbies||Swimming , Cycling , Painting , Writing|
|Debut||Biwi Ho To Aisi (supporting role)|
Salman Khan Career
Salam Khan is well known & stablished actor in Bollwoowd, he He began his acting career with Biwi Ho To Aisi but it was his second film Maine Pyar Kiya in which he acted in a lead role that garnered him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. He also did many other films including Patthar Ke Phool, Sanam Bewafa and Kurbaan. He is very famous actor & is a leading actor in many blockbuster movies but his early movies were failure in the box office.
Ніѕ bеѕt реrfоrmаnсе wаѕ іn thе mоvіе, ‘Јudwа’ аnd ‘Теrе Nааm.’ Не рlауеd thе rоlе оf а рѕусhіс lоvеr іn Теrе Nааm. Маnу bоуѕ ѕtаrtеd іmіtаtіng hіѕ Теrе Nааm hаіrѕtуlе. Тhеrе wеrе mаnу mоvіеѕ whісh dіd nоt wоrk, but thеrе wаѕ ѕоmе whісh рrоvеd thаt Ѕаlmаn іѕ а fаntаѕtіс асtоr. Не асtеd іn Ѕultаn, whісh wаѕ а hugе соmmеrсіаl ѕuссеѕѕ. Не bесаmе thе fаmоuѕ, ‘Сhulbul Раndеу’ аftеr hіѕ Dаbbаng mоvіе.
He acted in many commercially successful films, such as Saajan (1991), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Judwaa (1997), Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998), Biwi No.1 (1999) and Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999), having appeared in the highest grossing films for nine consecutive years during his career, a record that remains unbroken.
|Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988)||Maine Pyar Kiya (1989)||Baahi: The Rebel for Love (1990)|
|Sanam Bewafa (1991)||Patthar k Phool (1991)||Kurbaan (1991)|
|Love (1991)||Saajan (1991)||Ek Ladka Ek Ladki (1992)|
|Suryavanshi (1992)||Jaagruti (1992)||Nishchaiy (1992)|
|Chandra Mukhi (1993)||Dil Tera Aashiq (1993)||Andaz Apna Apna (1994)|
|Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994)||Chaand Ka Tukdaa (1994)||Sangdil Sanam (1994)|
|Karan Arjun (1995)||Veergati (1995)||Majhdhaar (1996)|
|Khamoshi: The Musical (1996)||Jeet (1996)||Dushman Duniya Ka (1996)|
|Judwaa (1997)||Auzaar (1997)||Dus (1997)|
|Deewana Mastana (1997)||Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998)||Jab Pyaar Ksi Se Hota Hai (1998)|
|Bandhan (1998)||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)||Sar Utha K Jio (1998)|
|Jaanam Samjha Kro (1999)||Biwi No.1 (1999)||Sirf Tum (1999)|
|Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999)||Hello Brother (1999)||Hum Sath Sath Hain (1999)|
|Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge (2000)||Chal Mere Bhai (2000)||Har Dil Jo Pyar Krega (2000)|
|Dhaai Akshar Prem Ki (2000)||Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye (2000)||Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (2001)|
|Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge (2002)||Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam (2002)||Yeh Hai Jalwa (2002)|
|Love at Times Square (2003)||Stumped (2003)||Tere Naam (2003)|
|Baghban (2003)||Garv (2004)||Mujhse Shaadi Krogi (2004)|
|Phir Milenge (2004)||Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa (2004)||Lucky: No Time For Love (2005)|
|Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? (2005)||No Entry (2005)||Kyon Ki (2005)|
|Shaadi Kar K Phas Gaya Yaar (2006)||Saawan….. The Love Season (2006)||Baabul (2006)|
|Jaan E Mann (2006)||Salaam E Ishq: A Tribute to Love (2007)||Partner (2007)|
|Marigold: An Adventure in India (2007)||Om Shanti Om (2007)||Saawariya (2007)|
|God Tussi Great Ho (2008)||Hello (2008)||Heroes (2008)|
|Yuwraaj (2008)||Wanter (2009)||Main Aur Mrs Khanna (2009)|
|London Dreams (2009)||Ajab Pream Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009)||Veer (2010)|
|Prem Kaa Game (2010)||Dabangg (2010)||Tees Maar Khan (2010)|
|Isi Life Mein (2010)||Ready (2011)||Chillar Party (2011)|
|Bodyguard (2011)||Tell Me O Khuda (2011)||Ek Tha Tiger (2012)|
|Son of Sardaar (2012)||Dabangg 2 (2012)||Son of Sardaar (2012)|
|Ishkq in Paris (2013)||Phata Poster Nikla Hero (2013)||Jai Ho (2014)|
|O Teri (2014)||Lai Bhaari (2014)||Fugly (2014)|
|Kick (2014)||Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015)||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015)|
|Sultan (2016)||Freaky Ali (2016)||Hanuman Da Damdaar (2017)|
|Judwaa 2 (2017)||Tiger Zinda Ha (2017)||Race 3 (2018)|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se (2018)||Bharat (2019)||Dabangg 3 (2019) Upcoming|
Salman Khan Family
|Father||Salim Khan (Screenwriter)|
|Mother||Sushila Charak, Helen (Step Mother)|
|Sister||Sohail Khan, Arbaaz Khan|
Salman Khan Relationship & Martial Status
|Girlfriend||Sangeeta Bijlani (actress) |
Somy Ali (actress)
Aishwarya Rai (actress)
Faria Alam (Former Model & Football Association Secretary)
Iulia Vantur (actress)
Salman Khan Physical Stats
|Height||Feet – 5 feet 8 inches |
Meters – 1.74 m
Centimeters – 174 cm
|Weight||In Kilograms – 75 Kg|
|Figure Measurements||Chest Size– 45 Inches |
Waist Size – 35 Inches
Biceps Size – 17 Inches Shoe Size – 9 (US)
Salman Khan Awards
Some of his prominent wins are the:
- 1990 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Maine Pyar Kiya
- 1999 – Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2002 – Bollywood Movie Award – Most Sensational Actor for Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
- 2008 – Apsara Best Jodi Award (with Govinda) for Partner
- 2008 – Best Anchor by Indian Television Awards for 10 Ka Dum (Season 1)
- 2009 – Best Anchor by Indian Television Awards for 10 Ka Dum (Season 2)
- 2010 – Most Entertaining Film Actor Award by BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Dabangg
- 2011 – Star Screen Award for Best Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – Most Entertaining Actor in an Action Role by BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Bodyguard
- 2011 – Apsara Best Actor in a Leading Role for Dabangg
- 2011 – Most Entertaining Pair of the Year by BIG Star Entertainment Awards (with Kareena Kapoor) for Bodyguard
- 2011 – Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male for Dabangg
- 2011 – Best Host on Television by The Global Indian Film and TV Honours for Bigg Boss (Season 4)
- 2011 – Airtel Super Star Hero for Bodyguard
- 2011 – Airtel Super Star Unique Andaz – Male for Dabangg
- 2011 – Airtel Super Star Romantic Jodi (with Kareena Kapoor) for Bodyguard
- 2012 – Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male for Bodyguard & Ready
- 2012 – People’s Choice Awards Favorite Movie Actor for Ek Tha Tiger
- 2012 – People’s Choice Awards Favorite Action Movie Actor for Ek Tha Tiger
- 2013 – Screen Award for movie Dabangg 2
- 2015 – BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- 2015 – IIFA Award for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Other Awards and Achievements
- 2004 – Voted as the 7th best-looking man in the world and the best looking man in India by People magazine, U.S.
- 2007 – Rajiv Gandhi Award for his Outstanding achievement in entertainment
- 2008 – The fourth Indian actor to have been replicated as a wax statue Madame Tussauds wax museum in London.
- 2009 – Aaj Tak Movie Masala Award for Best Actor for Wanted
- 2010 – Voted as the sexiest man alive by People magazine, India.
- 2010 – IIFA Award for Habitat Humanity Ambassadorship
- 2011 – Bollywood Hungama Surfers Choice Movie Awards for Best Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – Bollywood Hungama Surfers Choice Movie Awards for Best Newsmaker for Dabangg and Bigg Boss (Season 4)
- 2011 – Aaj Tak Awards for Best Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – AXN Action Award for Best Action Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – Voted the most desirable man by The Times of India.
- 2011 – ETC Bollywood Business Award for ETC Most Profitable Actor (India)
- 2011 – 17th International Children’s Film Festival for Best Feature Film for Chillar Party
- 2012 – Masala Awards for Box Office Star Of The Year (Male)
- 2012 – Another life wax statue was installed in Madame Tussauds wax museum in New York
- 2013 – India’s Most Searched Celebrity Online
- 2014 – Topped the Forbes India chart for both fame and revenue
- 2015 – Forbes listed him 7th as the World’s Highest Paid Actors
Salman Khan Favourite
|Favourite Food(s)||Chinese food, Spicy Italian food, Pav Bhaji, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Kebab|
home-cooked food, ‘Mixture’ (all the leftovers from various food items and mixes them before eating)
Apart from those, he loves biryani and kebabs and other Mughlai and North-Indian delicacies
|Favourite Actor(s)||Hollywood: Sylvester Stallone|
|Favourite Actress||Hema Malini|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Sonu Nigam|
|Favourite Restaurant||China Garden, Mumbai|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, White, Grey|
|Favourite Dessert||Sitaphal ice cream|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Imran Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra|
|Favourite Song||Jab Hum Jawan (sang by Shabbir Kumar)|
|Favourite Car(s)||BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota Land Cruiser|
|Favourite Outfit(s)||Tight jeans & T-Shirts|
|Favourite Brand(s)||Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace|
|Favourite Film Director||Sooraj Barjatya|
Salman Khan Car Collection
|Cars Collection||• Lexus LX 470, |
• Mercedes Benz GL-Class,
• BMW X5, Range Rover Vogue,
• BMW X6
• Audi R8
• Audi Q7
• W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class
|Bikes Collection||Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition motorbike, Suzuki Hayabusa|
Salman Khan Trivia
- Arrested and jailed for poaching endangered wild animals after allegedly shooting a rare black antelope near Jodhpur. [October 1998]
- Frequently gets rid of his T-Shirt in his films to show his muscles.
- Hindi megastar
- Arrested by police under the charge of having connection with underworld mafia. He was also questioned about Bharat S. Shah, a producer of Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (2001) since Shah has also been linked with underworld mafia. 
- One of the four Khans that ruled Bollywood from the 1990s onwards. The other three are Saif Ali Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan.
- Son of Salim Khan, half of the famed Salim-Javed writing team.
- Frequently visits sick children in hospitals, and also goes often to donate blood.
- Exercises daily. Feels the day was incomplete without a workout.
- Loves visiting London.
- Was voted 7th best-looking man in the world by People Magazine.
- Model turned actress Malaika Arora is his former sister-in-law. Actor turned director Atul Agnihotri is his brother-in-law.
- He was an excellent swimmer in his school days and was even tipped for representing the country one day.
- In his early days as a struggling actor he never used his father’s name and influence like many other heroes with relatives in the industry. He used to visit producers on his own and audition for roles.
- Always believes in giving newcomers a chance. So he spares time in between shots to listen to their script ideas and credits this to his memory of when he was a newcomer.
- Has a mannequin of himself in Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England. Along with Kareena Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Katrina Kaif and Anil Kapoor.
- Has his own charitable organization known as Being Human Foundations.
- All time favorite actress is Hema Malini.
- Highest paid Bollywood Star.
- Was the first Bollywood Star to work in the Hollywood film industry and his debut film was Marigold: An Adventure In India.
- All time favorite actors are Megastars Dharmendra and Shatrughan Sinha.
- Brother-in-law of Malaika Arora, Seema Sachdev Khan and Aayush Sharma.
- Was working as a model before he became a successful actor and television host.
- He is an excellent painter.
- Father’s name is Salim Khan, mother’s name is Salma Khan and stepmother’s name is Helen.
- Has 5 nephews, Aydan, Arhaan, Nirvaan, Yohan, Ahil, and 1 niece, Alizeh.
- Has his own non-profit charitable foundation, Being human – The Salman Khan Foundation, whose emphasis is on health care and education. Proceeds from the sale of watches he has designed, paintings he has done, and the Being human t-shirts go to the foundation.
- Works frequently with brothers Arbaaz and Sohail Khan, and brother in-law Atul Agnilhotri.
- Lives in Galaxy Apartment in Bandra, Mumbai, India with his family.
- Wears a Feroza (turquoise) stone bracelet on his right hand wrist. He believes very strongly that it wards off the evil forces around him, and keeps him safe from the evil eyes. He has been wearing it for the past 15 years.
- Holds the record for having the highest grossing film of the year 8 times, a feat no other actor has yet achieved.
- His favourite singers are Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam.
- He is the only actor to have thirteen back to back 100 Crore plus films. Dabangg (2010), Ready (2011), Bodyguard (2011), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), Jai Ho (2014), Kick (2014), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), Sultan (2016), Tubelight (2017), Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), Race 3 (2018) and Bharat (2019). His film Wanted (2009) grossed around 100 Crore plus at the Indian Box Office and even did great business at the International Box Office.
- Favorite Cricketer is Yuvraj Singh.
- In most of Salman’s films his character name has been Prem and more recently Radhe and Chulbul Pandey has now been synonymous with him.
- Suffers from trigeminal neuralgia, a facial nerve disorder commonly known as the suicide disease. In an interview he said that he has been quietly suffering it for the past seven years (it started when he began filming for Partner), but now the pain’s become unbearable. It has even affected his voice, making it much harsher. ”Currently” the condition is being treated on a regular basis, where he visits doctors when they call him for a checkup every month.
- Started shooting for his first film Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988) on September 9, 1987.
- Studied acting at popular actress Daisy Irani’s acting institute along with his friends Sajid Khan and Chunky Panday.
- He has delivered Six Super Hits in four years (2009 to 2012), grossing over Rs 850 Crores.
- Formed popular on screen pairings with Bhagyashree, Karisma Kapoor, Nagma, Rambha, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Neelam Kothari, Ayesha Takia, Madhuri Dixit, Asin Thottumkal, Preity Zinta, Bhoomika Chawla, Sushmita Sen, Zareen Khan, Dia Mirza, Sonali Bendre, Jacqueline Fernandez, Sonakshi Sinha and Shilpa Shetty Kundra.
- He gives bicycles to kids, always gives money to the needy and even blankets to people who sleeps on the street at night. He always helps a certain foundation or an association, and he does it privately and does not involve the media.
- On 10 April 2006, he was sentenced to five years in jail for poaching. On 13 April he was granted bail. When he was in jail, people prayed for him, fasted for him, gave food to him in jail, they also tried to visit him in jail.
- Mumbai, India: Is filming “Ek Tha Tiger” with former long-time girlfriend, Katrina Kaif. [December 2011]
- Rarely drives cars after he was involved in an accident that took place on 28th September, 2002 in Mumbai, India. Most of the time he is found at the front passenger seat of his cars and is chauffeured around by drivers.
- Apart from the very famous Galaxy apartment that Salman Khan lives in, the actor also owns a farmhouse in Panvel and a house in Hydra Towers, Jumeirah Village, Dubai.
- Salman was offered Baazigar (1993) by Abbas-Mustan, but turned down the film after the makers refused to accommodate changes suggested by his father Salim Khan. The role went to Shah Rukh Khan.
- He has painted the Jai Ho posters – and is a talented artist. Some people suggest that he has taken after his mother Salma Khan, who is an artist too. Salman is also passionate about photography.
- Salman has delivered Top 2 biggest grossers of the year three times. Hum Saath Saath Hain and Biwi No. 1 in 1999, Bodyguard and Ready in 2011, Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2 in 2012.
- Has 3 chauffeurs namely Ashok Singh, Altaf Khan and Dutta.
- The actor is rarely seen without his chunky bracelet with a blue stone and the accessory is now as much a part of Salman’s pop culture oeuvre as his shiny, slippery chest. The bracelet is a Khan family tradition with Sallu’s father Salim Khan too sporting one. The latest nod to Feroza came with Imran Khan sporting a similar one in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara (2013).
- Whenever Salman has a strong urge, he pours out an alcoholic drink and keeps the glass in front of him. But he never takes a sip. He just sits with it and after a while the urge subsides.
- His recent Eid release Kick (2014) has joined the league of biggest Bollywood grossers like Dhoom 3 (2013), 3 Idiots (2009) and Chennai Express (2013).
- His biggest film now becomes the fifth top grosser of all time, upstaging ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and Ranbir Kapoor-Deepika Padukone starrer ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ (Rs 188.57 crore). ‘Kick’ is now within touching distance of Aamir Khan’s ‘3 Idiots’ which amassed Rs 202.47 crore.
- Kick has already ousted ‘Shah Rukh Khan(qv’s Om Shanti Om (2007) from the top 10 highest Bollywood grossers overseas. The Sajid Nadiadwala film has now surpassed SRK’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), his own Dabangg 2 (2012) and Ranbir Kapoor’s Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’s overseas collections and is now the sixth highest overseas grosser of all times.
- Kick had taken five days to enter the Rs 100-crore club. This year, the first film to open the roster for the exclusive club was another Salman starrer ‘Jai Ho’, which incidentally was the highest grosser before ‘Kick’ took over. Kick is now all set to become Salman Khan’s highest grosser, cementing his Superstardom.
- Has announced that his Being Human (BH) charitable organisation will help “100 genuine patients” suffering from heart condition by providing them free treatment (2014).
- Salman wears a locket inscribed with the Ayatul Kursi (verses from the Quran that are supposed to ward off all evil). He also wears it in his recently released film, Kick (2014).
- Brother Sohail Khan is married to Chunky Pandey’s niece Seema.
- Was offered Vicky Arora’s role in Yalgaar (1992).
- Went for a world tour concert with Aamir Khan, Juhi Chawla, in October 1992. They went to cities in the countries of Canada, America and England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Dharmendra , Aamir Khan , Vivek Mushran and Pooja Bhatt in September 1993. They went to cities in Canada, America and England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Bobby Deol, Saif Ali Khan, Raveena Tandon, Sonali Bendre and Mallika Arora in April 2000. They visited cities in Canada, America and England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Akshay Kumar in June 1995. They visited cities in Canada , America, England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Sanjay Dutt, Mahima Chaudhary and Karishma Kapoor in May 1998. They visited cities in Canada, America and England.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) released on July 17, 2015 (Friday) and turned out to be the biggest pre Eid opener for Salman. The film collected a whopping amount of INR 27.25 crore on its first day beating the record of his previous film Kick (2014) which had made INR 26.40 crore on its opening day.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) has not only taken over Box Office in India but is doing the same oversees as well. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh gave the figures of the film’s business in countries like Australia, New Zealand and USA. Bajrangi Bhaijaan managed to break the opening weekend records of Kick (2014) across the border.
- Salman’s latest release has broken all records by becoming the biggest Bollywood opener of 2015. The film collected Rs 27.25 crore on its opening day, beating previous record of Varun Dhawan’s ABCD 2 that had collected Rs 14.30 crore on its first day.
- With its roaring box office success, BB was estimated to collect a sum of Rs $ 700k on Friday in USA as well as Canada. The venture earned the 10th position on this week’s box office chart in USA, beating Ian McKellen’s Mr Holmes (2015).
- He was a bonafide star, but he had to wait till 2009 to obtain the superstar status and the unreal level of mass adulation he enjoys today. That year, with the release of Wanted, Salman crossed the Rs 100-crore barrier. It was also his first Eid release. And ever since, Eid was booked for Salman and every film that released on the fateful date became a blockbuster.
- The day 2 collection of Salman’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan was Rs 36.50 crore. With this the superstar’s latest release emerged as the highest ever single day collection for a Salman Khan film.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan has recorded the 3rd highest weekend collections of all time, behind Shah Rukh Khan’s Happy New Year (2014) and Aamir Khan’s Dhoom 3 (2013).
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan have all crossed the 100 crore mark in 3 days at the domestic box office (Indian Box Office).
- Uttar Pradesh government, headed by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, has decided to make Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan tax free in the state.
- Salman learned how to paint from his mother Salma Khan.
- The performance of Bajrangi Bhaijaan at the Box Office has apparently surpassed that of all his previous successes. According to trade experts, the film has broken all the records held by his movies so far, with a box-office collection of INR 250.02 crore in just 11 days.
- Starred in Jackie Shroff Entertainment’s shelved film,”Raju Raja Ram”. Starring Jackie Shroff, Govinda, Salman Khan, Manisha Koirala, Rakesh Bedi. Produced by Jackie Shroff, Avinash Adik, Prakash Jaju. Music by Anu Malik. Directed by David Dhawan. This was in 1997. The film was finally made as Tom Dick and Harry in 2006.
- His uncle,father Salim Khan’s cousin, attempted to become a actor in the 1970’s. He was the actor in Sholay that had the dialogue ” Maalik jitna hain, sab laya hoon”. He was not able to find any stardom.
- Starred in the shelved film Venus’ s “Magroor”(1994). Starring Mithun Chakraborthy. Zeba Bhaktiar, Salman Khan, Johnny Lever. Music by Anu Malik. Direcred by Abbas Mustan (Replaced Tinnu Anand).
- Starred in the shelved movie, Leo Films International’s Bulund” (1996)Starring Salman Khan,Somy Ali,Danny Denzongpa,Moon Moon Sen,Mohnish Behl,Laxmikant Berde, Prem Chopra, Music by Anand -Milind, Directed by Shahjhan. Reels:14.
- Starred in the shelved movie Shiva Art International’s “Chori Mera Kaam” (1995) Starring Salman Khan,Sunil Shetty,Kajol, Shilpa Shetty,Shakti Kapoor, Mohan Joshi,Kader Khan, Music by Anu Malik, Directed by Aziz Sejawal. Reels :6.
- Was to star in TIPS films Untitled Project directed by Rajiv Rai. Co starring Arjun Rampal. This was in 2002.
- After Garv, Puneet Issar started two new films with Salman Khan. He Man and Tabeer – When Dreams Come True. Both films did not go beyond announcement.
- Starred in the shelved film produced by Vijay Galani, the remake of Tamil film Lesa Lesa. The film was going to be directed by Priyadarshan.
- Was writing a script in 2005 titled “Mere Love Story” directed by Samir Karnik There was speculation the script was going to be based on Salman’s love life.
- Signed a film titled “Sautelay” with Rishi Kapoor, directed by Ashok Punjabi. It was based on Rain Main. But when Raja was launched the producers shelved the film. This was due to the similarities in the subject.
- Distant cousin Sameer Rahman was engaged to Manisha Koirala in 1993.
- Starred in the shelved film “Saaiyan” (1992). Starring Salman Khan, Pratibha Sinha, Anupam Kher. Directed by Bappi Sonie.
- Starred in the shelved film Sonal Films International ” Patanga”(1992). Starring Salman Khan, Neelam,Sheeba, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Arun Bakshi, Gulshan Grover. Music by Raam Laxman,Produced by Amar Savlani, Directed by Jitu Savlani (Deepak Bahry).
- Was signed for Aamir Khan’s role in Ghajini, but he opted out.
- Was offered Shah Rukh Khan’s role in Chak De India. However he rejected.
- Starred in the shelved movie “Gherao” (1991). Starring Salman Khan,Manisha Koirala, Tanushree Kaushal. Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi.
- Starred in the shelved film “Ran Kshetra” (1990). Starring Salman Khan Bhagyashree, Produced by Xavier Marquis,Directed by Dilip Shankar.
- After the flopping of Dacait in 1987, Rahul Rawail wanted to direct a love story with newcomers. He titled the film Kamsin. He screen tested Salman Khan but found him too young looking to be a hero. Years later he made the film as Bekhudi.
- In 1992, producer Sundeep Sethi approached Salman Khan to act in a film with Vinod Khanna, directed by Mahesh Bhatt. Salman refused the film due to a problem Salim Khan had with Mahesh Bhatt during Jurm.
- Was signed for Ayee Milan Ki Raat in 1989. After Maine Pyar Kiya became a hit, Salman left the film.
- Was to leave for a world tour concert with Rekha, Bhagyashree,Bappi Lahiri in September 1990. They were to travel to USA, Canada and UK. The tour got canceled when Rekha’s husband passed away suddenly.
- Has performed all of his stunts in Race 3 all by himself without the use of a body double.
- Drove an expensive Bugatti Veyron in Race 3 without using a body double.
- A film titled “Handsome” was announced in 1990. Starring Salman Khan,Sangeeta Bijlani,Nagma. The film did not go beyond announcement.
- All of his vehicles are White in color.
- Most of Salman’s vehicles have a registration number of 2727.
- Starred in Mukesh Duggal’s shelved untitled film in 1993. Starring Govinda,Salman Khan,Karishma Kapoor, Music by Anu Malik, Produced by Mukesh Duggal, Directed by Mahesh Bhatt.
- In 1997, Anees Bazmee had signed Salman Khan for a film titled “Aankh Micholi”. Salman had a double role. Salman backed out as he just had done Judwaan.
- In 1996, Dimple Kapadia started her home production and signed Sunny Deol, Salman Khan and Kajol. The film was shelved after the announcement.
- Salman Khan was signed for Planman Motion Pictures untitled film in 2006. Starring Salman Khan, Rani Mukherjee , Directed by Aziz Mirza.
- In 2007, Sohail Khan wanted to direct a remake of Jerrry McGuire. He spoke to both Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. The film got shelved.
- Starred in the shelved movie Raam Raj Kalamandir’s untitled film in 1990. Starring Salman Khan, Produced and Directed by S. Ramanathan.
- He had already been in Bollywood for nearly 25 years before his first project with Yash Raj Film Studios in 2012. Since then, he has collaborated with the production company in 3 films, all of whom have gained “blockbuster” status with combined worldwide box-office earnings of nearly INR 15 billion unadjusted for inflation.
Some Unknown facts about Salman Khan
- Does Salman Khan smoke?: Yes
- Does Salman Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- He is the eldest son of Salim Khan (a screenwriter) and Sushil Charak. Her mother, later, adopted the name, Salma Khan.
- He grew up along with his brothers Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan in Bandra, Mumbai.
- In the 1988 film, Biwi Ho To Aisi, Salman’s voice was dubbed by a dubbing artist. International Business Times
- His first leading breakthrough role in Bollywood came with Maine Pyaar Kiya, which was one of India’s highest grossing films at that time. Moreover, this was his first film with Reema Lagoo too, which later made their pair very much famous as mother and son.
- He rejected the negative lead role offered to him by Abbas-Mustan in his film- Baazigar, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan; the film went on to become a blockbuster.
- Salman believes in lucky gemstones and wears his turquoise stone bracelet on and off the screen. Moreover, his father also believes the same.
- He is obsessed with soaps and his bathroom is heaped up with a variety of soaps, but he especially likes natural fruit and vegetable extracts cleansers.
- During the shoot of London Dreams, he flew his own cook to London from Mumbai to cook up biryani for the entire cast and crew who were tired of eating continental food.
- In August 2011, he disclosed that he had trigeminal neuralgia, a chronic pain condition affecting the trigeminal nerve in the face, also commonly known as “suicide disease.” During an interview, he told that he had been suffering from it for the past seven years and it had made his voice much harsher.
- In 2012, Salman’s wax statue was established at Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England.
- Apart from his incredible contributions to the film industry, he owns a charitable organisation named “Being Human Foundation, which focuses on health care and education. All the profit generated from the sale of the watches he design, Being Human T-shirts, and his paintings, go to the foundation.
- While filming for Tiger Zinda Hai, in a scene where Tiger is painting Zoya, was the actual artwork of Salman, as he painted the picture while the crew was busy with the arrangements.
- His father wanted him to become a cricketer, but he aspired to be a writer and has also written films like Veer and Chandramukhi. Moreover, the storyline of the film Baaghi: A Rebel for Love was based on Salman’s idea for which he was also given credit in the film.
- Salman and Vivek Oberoi had a long fight over the phone when Aishwarya & Vivek were in a relationship after Salman & Aishwarya broke up. Here’s a video in which Vivek recited the whole incidence in front of media:
- In 2014, he launched his second production company with the name- Salman Khan Films (earlier, Salman Khan Being Human Productions) and the first movie to be released under his company SKF was “Dr Cabbie,” which was a Canadian movie that became the second highest grossing film in Canada.
- Salman ranked ahead of the US President Barack Obama on the list of “The Most Admired Personalities of India” in 2015.
- In 2016, his film, Sultan was the 10th film to enter the 100 crore club.
- During his shoot for Ek Tha Tiger in Turkey, he frequently visited a cafe del mar named “The Salman Khan.” It was also his first movie with Yash Raj Films.
- Besides being an actor, he is also a very passionate painter, and Aamir Khan has many of his paintings at his home. Reportedly, he himself painted the poster for his film Jai Ho.
- In 2017, Salman Khan and the local residents of the Galaxy Apartments, where Khan and his family reside, raised a stink over Bandstand toilet being built by the BMC; citing the reason that they don’t want toilets in areas frequented by walkers and joggers, fearing the unhygienic conditions.
- Salman doesn’t have an email-id in his name; as he prefers communicating face-to-face, or verbally on phone rather than electronically via e-mails.
- One of his fans has opened a restaurant named “Bhaijaanz” in Mumbai in which the interiors are decorated with Salman Khan’s posters, and all his favourite dishes are on the menu. Deccan Herald
- His hosting skills in the Bigg Boss-Season 4 was a big commercial success, which, reportedly, even outdid the Amitabh Bachchan‘s hosting in Bigg Boss 3. After his successful journey of season 4, he hosted all the other seasons of Bigg Boss series.
- He has also given his voice to the animated character Hanuman in the 2017 film- Hanuman: Da’ Damdaar.
- His phenomenal performance in ‘Dabangg’ made him popular by his character’s name- Chulbul Pandey.
- He has two pet horses named ‘Bajrangi’ and ‘Bhaijaan’ and also two dogs named ‘My Son’ and ‘My Jaan.’
- In 2018, actress Shilpa Shetty shared a photo of Salman Khan; kissing Shilpa’s mother. The actress went on to reveal that Khan has a strong bonding with her family, and he used to share drinks with her father.
- In January 2019, when Salman Khan, along with his father and brothers, appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show, where his father revealed that Salman used to get leaked papers to clear his exams.