Sakshi Tanwar is an Indian actress and television host. She was born on 12 January 1973, in Alwar, Rajasthan, India. She is one of the few famous Indian television actresses. She made her debut on the Doordarshan channel as an anchor. She has made her career broad in multiple fields such as films, short films, television shows, television drama serials, web series, and so on. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Parvati Agarwal’ in the TV serial “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii” and as ‘Priya’ in the show “Bade Acche Lagte Hain” alongside Ram Kapoor, which ran from 2011-2014. In 2016, she made her Bollywood debut with the film “Dangal” in which she played the role of ‘Daya Kaur’.
|Date of birth||12 January 1973|
|Birthplace||Alwar, Rajasthan, India|
|Age (as in 2021)||48 years old|
|Profession||Actress, Television Host|
|Famous Role||‘Parvati Agarwal’ in “Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii”|
|Hometown||Alwar, Rajasthan, India|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Travelling|
Sakshi Tanwar Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Sakshi Tanwar is approximately 5 feet 4 Inches and the body weight is around 57 kg. Her body type is hourglass slim and her full body measurement is approximately 34-27-34 inches. She has stylish black colour hair and sparkling star-like black colour eyes.
|Height||5’4″ (153 cm)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lbs)|
|Body type||Hourglass Slim|
Sakshi Tanwar Family Background –
Sakshi Tanwar belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father’s name is Rajendra Singh Tanwar, who is a retired CBI officer. Her mother’s name is not known. She has an elder brother, Rajeev Singh Tanwar and an elder sister, Seema Tanwar.
|Father||Rajender Singh Tanwar (Retired CBI Officer)|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Brother||Rajeev Singh Tanwar (elder)|
|Sister||Seema Tanwar (elder)|
Sakshi Tanwar Educational Qualification –
She did her schooling from many Kendriya Vidyalayas across India, as her father was a CBI officer and got transferred frequently. After that, she graduated from New Delhi’s Lady Shri Ram College.
|School||She was educated at different Kendriya Vidyalayas across India.|
|College||Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi|
Sakshi Tanwar Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Marital status of Sakshi Tanwar is Unmarried. In 2015, she was rumoured to be in a relationship with her Bade Acche Lagte Hain co-star, Samir Kochhar.
She was also rumoured to have tied the knot with a businessman. However, she refuted all the rumours and said that she was single. In October 2018, she adopted a nine months old baby girl and named her Dityaa.
|Affairs/ Relationship||Samir Kochhar (Rumoured)|
|Children||Daughter – Dityaa (adopted in 2018)|
Sakshi Tanwar Early Life –
She completed her pre-university course in 1990 and started working as a sales trainee at Taj Palace, Delhi. Sakshi was the secretary and president of the dramatic society in her college. She then worked at a clothing & accessory store, Khazana in Delhi, where she received a monthly salary of Rs. 900. While she was preparing for the entrance examinations to the administrative services and mass communication, she auditioned for the role of host in the reality show “Albela Sur Mela.” Although Sakshi failed to clear the entrance examination, she did clear the audition. Initially, she wanted to become a software engineer.
Sakshi Tanwar Personal Life –
In 2018, she became a single mother as she adopted a baby girl of nine months and named her Dityaa Tanwar.
Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Waheeda Rehman|
|Favourite Film||Guide (1965), Sholay (1975)|
|Favourite Food||Aloo matar, Rajma chawal|
|Favourite Dessert||Kulhad Waali Gulab Jamun|
Sakshi Tanwar Net worth –
The net worth of Sakshi Tanwar is estimated to be $2 Million dollars. Her source of income is mostly from being a successful actress.
|Net worth||$2 Million dollars|
|Source of Income||Actress|
Sakshi Tanwar Career –
- Sakshi Tanwar made her television debut in 1998 by hosting DD National’s reality show “Albela Sur Mela”.
- Next, she appeared in the TV serial “Dastoor”.
- Subsequently, she appeared in the most popular serial “Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki” in which she played the role of Parwati Agarwal. She became a household name by playing the role of Parvati. The serial ran for 8 long years.
- Thereafter, she appeared in TV serials like “Kutumb”, “Devi”, “Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin”, and “Balika Vadhu”.
- In 2011, she played the role of ‘Priya Ram Kapoor’ in Sony TV’s “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain” and received wide popularity.
- In 2012, she made an appearance in the most celebrated television show “Kon Banega Crorepati”.
- She has appeared as a narrator-cum-host in many television shows including “Main Naa Bhoolungi”, “Crime Patrol Season 2”, “Code Red”.
- In 2016, she made her Bollywood debut with the film “Dangal” in which she played the role of ‘Daya Kaur’.
- Sakshi Tanwar made a comeback on television with Tyohaar Ki Thaali, first telecasted by Epic Channel in February 2018.
- She worked in a short-film called “Ghar Ki Murgi” in which she played the role of Seema Batra.
- She has featured in many feature films like “O re Manva” (2006), “C Kkompany” (2008), “Saluun” (2009), “Coffee House” (2009), “Aatankwadi Uncle” (2011), and “Bawra Mann”.
- She has also worked as a creative director with the Positive Thinkerz Production Company.
- She has also appeared in web series like “Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat”, “The Final Call”, and “Mission Over Mars”.
- Manoj Bajpayee, Neena Gupta, Sakshi Tanwar come together for upcoming thriller ‘Dial 100’.
Some lesser known facts about Sakshi Tanwar –
- She was born into a middle-class-family in Alwar, Rajasthan.
- She completed her pre-university course in 1990 and started working as a sales trainee at Taj Palace, Delhi.
- She then worked at a clothing & accessory store, Khazana in Delhi, where she received a monthly salary of Rs. 900.
- Sakshi was the secretary and president of the dramatic society in her college.
- Initially, she wanted to become a software engineer.
- While she was preparing for the entrance examinations to the administrative services and mass communication, she auditioned for the role of host in the reality show “Albela Sur Mela.” Although Sakshi failed to clear the entrance examination, she did clear the audition.
- In October 2018, Sakshi became a single mother by adopting a 9 months old baby girl. She named her Dityaa.
- She came into the spotlight by portraying the role of ‘Parvati Agarwal’ in the TV serial “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.” The show was a huge success, and she became a household name by playing the role of Parvati.
- Sakshi has worked as a creative director with the Positive Thinkerz Production Company.
- In 2012, she worked in the film “Mohalla Assi” opposite Sunny Deol, but the film never got released.
- She has appeared as a guest contestant in the reality show “Kaun Banega Crorepati.”
- She draws her inspiration from her mother.
- She is good friends with the film producer and film director, Ekta Kapoor.
- Her onscreen kiss with Ram Kapoor in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain surprised the audience.
- She also appeared in TV ads commercials.
Sakshi Tanwar Most Succesful Movies | Sakshi Tanwar Top IMDB Rated Movies
Katyar Kaljat Ghusali(8.8 rating)
Sakshi Tanwar Starrer Katyar Kaljat Ghusali released in 2015, this was an Musical movie and it received 8.8 average rating on IMDB.
Cast By – Sachin Pilgaonkar, Shankar Mahadevan, Subodh Bhave, Amruta Khanvilkar, Mrinmayee Deshpande, Pushkar Shrotri, Sakshi Tanwar, Reema Lagoo
Genre – Musical
Duration – 162 Minutes
Director – Subodh Bhave
Writer – Purushottam Darvekar, Prakash Kapadia
Production Company – Essel Vision
Released Date – Thursday, November 12, 2015
About – A clash of two musical families, where in the end, music is the winner. When greed takes the front seat, manipulations shift gears. A race starts, a race that kills whatever comes across …
Sakshi Tanwar Starrer Dangal released in 2016, this was an Action, Biography, Drama movie and it received 8.4 average rating on IMDB.
Cast By – Aamir Khan, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sanya Malhotra, Sakshi Tanwar, Aparshakti Khurana, Zaira Wasim, Suhani Bhatnagar, Ritvik Sahore, Girish Kulkarni, Ravi Aneja, Anurag Arora, Mahesh Balraj, Vivan Bhatena, Anmol Charan, Karamveer Choudhary
Genre – Action, Biography, Drama
Duration – 161 Minutes
Director – Nitesh Tiwari
Writer – Piyush Gupta, Shreyas Jain
Production Company – Aamir Khan Productions
Released Date – Friday, December 23, 2016
Budget – INR 700000000
About – Former wrestler
Mohalla Assi(6.8 rating)
Sakshi Tanwar Starrer Mohalla Assi released in 2015, this was an Comedy, Drama movie and it received 6.8 average rating on IMDB.
Cast By – Sunny Deol, Sakshi Tanwar, Ravi Kishan, Saurabh Shukla, Mukesh Tiwari, Rajendra Gupta, Mithilesh Chaturvedi, Seema Azmi, Syed Iqbal Ahmad, Alex, Alice, Alisha, Ambrish, Ishtiyaq Ansari, Arihant
Genre – Comedy, Drama
Duration – 150 Minutes
Director – Chandra Prakash Dwivedi
Production Company – Crossword Entertainment
Released Date – Wednesday, July 1, 2015
About – A Sanskrit priest decides to take matters in n his hand when the locals of holy town Banaras stars to lure foreign tourists with fake spiritual gurus.