Ronit Roy is an Indian Film Actor, Television Actor, TV Host, Businessman, Model, Television Producer, Film Producer, and Editor who is best known for his work in Bollywood & Bengali Cinema. He was born on 11 October 1965, in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. He is best known for his excellent acting in India Television and Movies. Due to his success in TV, he’s often called “Big B” of Indian Television Industry. He is also a successful businessman. Ronit Roy has earned numerous accolades in his career including a Filmfare Award, two Screen Awards, five ITA Awards and six Indian Telly Awards. Ronit Roy started his career with the movie “Jaan Tere Naam” opposite Farheen in the year 1992, which was a commercial success. He has a security agency called “Ace Security and Protection”, which has given security to stars like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan.
|Full Name||Ronit Bose Roy|
|Date of birth||11 October 1965|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (as in 2021)||56 years old|
|Profession||Actor and Businessman|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Internet surfing and learning new things|
|Years active||1984- present|
Ronit Roy Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Ronit Roy is approximately 5 feet 10 inches and the body weight is around 75 Kg. His full body measurements are Chest – 42 Inches, Waist – 34 Inches and Biceps – 14 Inches. He has black colour hair and sparkling star-like Brown colour eyes.
|Height||5’10” (178 cm)|
|Weight||75 Kg (165 lbs)|
Ronit Roy Family Background –
He was born in a well-settled Bengali Family. His father’s name is Brothindranath and he is a Businessman by profession. His mother’s name is Dolly Bose Roy. He has one younger brother named, Rohit Roy and he is also an Actor by profession.
Ronit Roy Educational Qualification –
He did his schooling from his hometown. We don’t have any information about his school and College name. After completing his basic education he studied hotel management in his graduation.
|Qualification||Graduate in Hotel Management|
Ronit Roy Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Marital status of Ronit Roy is Married. He was married to Neelam Singh, who is an Actress and Model by profession. He has three children, two daughters and one son. His elder daughter’s name is Ona from his first marriage and from his second marriage he has one daughter Aador and a son Agastya.
|Affairs/ Girlfriend||Not known|
|Wife/ Spouse||Neelam Singh (Actress and Model)|
|Marriage Date||25 December 2003|
|Children||Daughter – Ona & Aador|
Son – Agastya
Ronit Roy Early Life –
Ronit Roy spent his childhood in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. This is where he did his schooling. After completing his basic education he studied hotel management in his graduation. He then shifted to Mumbai to set up his hotel career, he worked as a learner at Mumbai’s Sea Rock Hotel and has experience in all facets of hotel comprising dish-washing, cleaning, bar-tending etc. When he moved to Mumbai he lived with filmmaker Subhash Ghai and Subhash Ghai advised him not to fall in love with film career because it is tough to live on.
Ronit Roy Personal Life –
Ronit Roy was married to Joanna and they have a daughter named Ona (born in 1991) but they separated in 1997.
Ronit Roy Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Film director||Mani Ratnam|
|Favourite Food||Italian Food, Bengali curries, rice & fish|
|Favourite Singer||Arijit Singh|
|Favourite Player||Sania Mirza|
|Favourite Colour||Red, Black, Blue|
|Favourite Dessert||Ice cream|
|Favourite Destination||Goa, Dubai|
|Favourite Outfit||Shirt & Jeans|
Ronit Roy Net worth –
|Net worth||$4 Million dollars|
|Source of Income||Acting and Business|
Ronit Roy Movies Career –
- Ronit Roy started his career with the movie “Jaan Tere Naam” opposite Farheen in the year 1992, which was a commercial success.
- In 1993, he starred with Aditya Pancholi and Kishori Shahane in Bomb Blast, which was also a commercial success.
- In 2010, he appeared in the critically acclaimed film Udaan. In this film his work was much praised and won him many accolades.
- He next appeared in films such as That Girl in Yellow Boots, Student of the Year, Midnight’s Children, Shootout at Wadala, and Ugly.
- In 2013, he played the role of main antagonist in the Akshay Kumar starrer BOSS.
- In 2014, he appeared in 2 States, in which his performance received much appreciation.
- In 2017, he also shared screen with Hrithik Roshan playing the role of an antagonist in the thriller film Kaabil.
- In the same year he made his debut in Telugu film with N.T.R Jr. starrer Jai Lava Kusa, where he played the role of main antagonist Sarkar.
- He has also appeared in films like Machine (2017), Lucknow Central (2017) and Loveyatri (2018).
- He will be next seen in Puri Jagannadh directed romantic sports film Liger.
Ronit Roy Television Career –
- In 1997, he appeared in TV serial “Bombay Blue” in a cameo appearance.
- From 2002-2003, he appeared in the television serial Kammal.
- After that, He appeared in the TV series Kasautii Zindagii Kay, in which he portrayed the role of Rishabh Bajaj, a middle aged business tycoon.
- He also featured in Balaji Telefilms’ Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Mihir Virani, replacing Amar Upadhyay.
- From 2009 to 2011 he played the role of Dharamraj in NDTV Imagine’s Bandini.
- He has also participated in a dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2007), and another show, Yeh Hai Jalwa (2008) as a contestant.
- In 2010, He hosted the Kitchen Champions which aired on Colors TV.
- In 2010 he starred in Sony TV’s popular courtroom drama show Adaalat as K.D. Pathak, a sharp, unique lawyer who only fights for the truth.
- In 2014, he appeared in the TV serial Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar as Dr. Nachiket Khanna.
- In 2016, he starred in Adaalat (season 2) where he reprised his character from the previous season.
Ronit Roy Web Series Career –
- In 2018, he made his digital debut in an ALT Balaji’s web series Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain along with Mona Singh and Gurdeep Kohli.
- In 2019, he featured in an Indian crime thriller web series Hostages.
Some lesser known facts about Ronit Roy –
- Does Ronit Roy smoke? Yes
- Does Ronit Roy drink alcohol? Yes
- Due to his success in TV, he’s often called “Big B” of Indian Television Industry.
- After moving from Ahmedabad to Mumbai, he stayed at director and his father’s best friend Subhash Ghai’s residence for around one year.
- In his struggling days in Mumbai, he did various work like dish-washing, cleaning, serving tables and bar-tending.
- He’s a businessman too and has a security agency called “Ace Security and Protection”, which has given security to stars like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan.
- In the 90s, he delivered seven flop movies in a row, which dented his Bollywood career. Also, his first marriage also got derailed during this period.
Ronit Roy Social Profile
Ronit Roy Instagram Profile
Ronit Roy Twitter Profile
“The free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought.” ~ Leon Blum— Ronit Bose Roy (@RonitBoseRoy) May 28, 2021