Rashmika Mandanna is an Indian actress and model who works in Telugu and Kannada language films. She was born on 5th April 1996 in Virajpet, Karnataka, India. She is much popular in the Kannada film industry and is also recognized as the “Karnataka Crush & Expression Queen”. Mandanna is one among the very few actresses to have a film gross value of 1 billion in such a short period and is among the most popular and highest-paid actresses in Telugu and Kannada cinema.
She made her first acting debut in Kannada 2016 film “Kirik Party” and in 2017 she started in two commercially successful films as Ajani Putra and Chamak, later she made her Telugu debut with romantic drama as Chalo in 2018, and in the same year, she casts for Geeta Govindam, which was one of the highest profit earners in Telugu films cinema, which earned her great appreciation. Her third Telugu venture was the big-budget film Devadas. It marked her third back-to-back successful film in the same year in Tollywood.
She starred in commercially successful films such as Kirik Party (2016), Anjani Putra (2017), Chamak (2017), Chalo (2018), Geetha Govindam (2018), Yajamana (2019), Sarileru Neekevvaru (2020), and Bheeshma (2020) The back to back success of her films has made her one of the most sought-after actresses in the South Indian film industry.
Rashmika Mandanna begin dating her co-star Rajshit Shetty during the making of Kirik Party, and the couple got engaged on 3 July 2017 in a private ceremony in her hometown of Virajpet. The couple mutually broke off their engagement in September 2018, citing compatibility issues.
|Name Earned||Karnataka Crush|
|Profession||Actress & Model|
|Date of Birth||5th April 1996|
|Age||24 Year a of 2020|
|Birthplace||Virajpet, Karnataka India|
|School||Coorg Public School, Kodagu, Karnataka|
|Collage||M.S, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualifiaction||Graduate in Journalism, English Literature and Psychology|
|Hobbies||Dance, Reading, Watch movies, Travelling, Writing|
|Tattoos||On her right hand|
Rashmika Mandanna Early Life
Rashmika Mandanna was born on 5th April 1996 in Virajpet, Karnataka, India, in a Kodava-speaking family to Suman and Madan Mandanna, She did her schooling at the Kodagu’s Public School (COPS) and then went to Mysore Institute of Commerce and Arts to pursue a pre-university course. After which she moved to Bengaluru to pursue her bachelor`s degree from M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, with her major subjects being journalism, English literature, and psychology.
While modeling and acting in movies, Rashmika managed her final year of studies in 2016. While studying, she participated in the Clean & Clear Times Fresh Face of India in 2014, which she went on to win. Following winning the pageant, she won the second season of La Mode Bangalore`s Top Model Hunt in 2015. She started her modeling career soon after winning her first title and was the ambassador of Clean & Clear for a year in 2014, and is also the face of The Wedding Journals of India as of 2016.
Rashmika Mandanna Career
- As Rashmika Mandana is a well-recognized Indian actress, she started her acting career after she won the Clean & Clear Times Fresh Face of India in 2014, and in the same year, she becomes the brand ambassador of Clean & Clears facewash, As she won his title she started his modeling.
- In 2015 she got the title of TVC in Lamode Bangalore’s top model hunt. The makers of the movie Kirik Party got impressed by seeing Rashmika’s photos from the competition ad and approached her for the lead role in the movie. Her performance was critically acclaimed and she won several awards in the Best Actress (debut) category.
- After his successful cast in Kirik Party she was then popularly dubbed by the Media and Kanada Films Industry as the “Karnatak Crush”, Her description of Saanvi won her enormous appreciation and the movie also went on to become a significant and commercial success, with it having one of the highest openings in Kannada cinema.
- Following her successful debut, Rashmika was roped in by director Suni for his 2017 project Chamak, where she starred opposite Ganesh. Her performance in the movie earned the actress a Filmfare Award nomination that year.
- In 2018, Rashmika debuted in Telugu with the romantic comedy Chalo, where she was paired opposite Naga Shaurya. The film was a crucial and commercial success.
- After that, she made appeared in Tollywood romantic comedy film Geetha Govindam (2018) opposite actor Vijay Deverakonda. The movie was a commercial hit and was liked by everyone. Rashmika was also awarded with the Zee Cine Awards Telugu 2019 and 66th Filmfare Awards South for her great performance in the film.
- In the same year, she appeared in the multi-star film Devadas (2018). In the following film, she played the role of Pooja alongside actor Naga Chaitanya
- His 2019 releases include Yajamana and Dear Comrade. She had Bheeshma and Sarileru Neekevvaru in 2020.
- In 2021, she was associated with Nanda Kishore`s action, drama, and thriller Pogaru. The movie stars Dhruva Sarja and herself in prominent roles.
- In the same year, she appeared in the superhit movie Pushpa: The Rise starring Allu Arjun. The movie was a commercial hit in India and internationally.
- Her 2022, film includes Aadavallu Meeku Johaarlu, Mission Majnu, Goodbye, and Sita Ramam.
Rashmika Mandanna Upcoming Movies
Rashmika Mandanna will next be seen in their first Tamil film, Sulthan opposite Karthi and directed by Bakkiyaraj Kannan. This will be followed by Nanda Kishore’s Kannada film Pogaru where she will be seen opposite Dhruv Sarja. Then, she will appear in two Telugu films: Sukumar’s Pushpa opposite Allu Arjun and Kishore Tirumala’s Aadaalloo Meeku Johaarlu alongside Sharwanand.
Rashmika Mandanna Filmography
|2017||Anjani Putra Chamak|
|2018||Cahlo Geeta Govindam Devadas|
|2019||Yajamana Dear Comrade|
|2020||Sarileru Neekevvaru Bheeshma Pogaru|
|2021||Sulthan Pushpa Aadavaallu Meeku Johaarlu Mission Manjnu|
|2021||Top Trucker||Badshah, Uchana Amit, Yuvan Shankar Raja and Jonita Gandhi||YRF Music|
Rashmika Mandanna Family
Rashmika was born on April 5 1996, in the Kodagu district of Karnataka. She belongs to a Kodava-speaking family (patrilineal Ethno-lingual tribe). Talking about her education, she did her schooling at Coorg Public School (COPS). After this, she pursued a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, English Literature, and Journalism from M.S Ramaiah College of Arts. While pursuing graduation, she also modeled and did commercial acts.
|Father Name||Madan Mandanna|
|Mother Name||Suman Mandanna|
|Sister Name||Shiman Mandanna|
Rashmika Mandanna Relationship / Martial Status & Many More
During the making of the movie ‘Kirik Party’, she started dating the actor Rakshit Shetty and this duo also got engaged in a private ceremony in 2017 in their hometown Virajpet. But after a year in 2018, they mutually broke off their relationship due to some compatibility issues.
She has been linked with many superstars too, but she confirmed online that she is single and she loves it. As per reports, Rashmika is about to start her own production house.
|Affairs/ Boyfriend||Rakshit Shetty (Actor) |
Chiranjiv Makwana (Film Director)
|Fiance||Rakshit Shetty (Ex-Fiance)|
Rashmika Mandanna Physical Appearance
|Height||5’3″ (161 cm)|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lbs)|
|Body type||Hourglass slim|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
Rashmika Mandanna Favourite Things
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Siddharth Malhotra, Ranveer Singh|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Emma Waston|
|Favourite Cricketer||Virat Kholi|
|Favourite Colour||Pink, White|
|Favourite Singer||Justin Bieber, Shakira|
Rashmika Mandanna Education
|Collage||M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Journalism and English Literature|
Rashmika Mandanna Net Worth
|Net Worth||USD $ 2 Million Doller|
|Salary||Rs 2 Crore Film|
|Income Source||Acting & Modeling|
Rashmika Mandanna Awards & Nomination
She is also very popular on social media and has a huge fan base of over 19.2 Million on Instagram, and all her posts are astonishing and eye-catching. After winning the Filmfare Award in 2018, this actress never looked back.
In 2017 she ranked first on the Bangalore Times list of 30 Most Desirable Women. She has won five prestigious awards quickly, including IIFA Utsavam Award for Best Actress and SIIMA Award for Best Actress. She won Zee Cine Awards Telugu for the movie Geetha Govindam and Behindwoods Gold Medals for Dear Comrade, a significant hit.
- She won South Indian International Movie Awards in 2017 for Best Debut Actress – Kannada in film Kirik Party
- IIFA Utsavam Nomination for Best Actress in 2017 – Kannada in Kirik Party
- Zee Kannada Hemmeya Kannadathi Awards in 2018 for Best Actress in Anjani Putra
- In 2018 she has been nominated for Filmfare Awards South and South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Actress – Kannada for the film Chamak
- In 2019 she was nominated for South Indian International Movie Awards and Filmfare Awards South for Best Actress – Telugu in the film Geetha Govindam
- In 2019 she won Zee Cine Awards Telugu for Favorite Actress in Geetha Govindam
- In 2019 she won Filmfare Awards South for Critics Best Actress – Telugu for Geetha Govindam
Some Unknown Facts About Rashmika Mandanna
- Does Rashmika Mandanna Smoke ?NO
- Does Rashmika Mandanna drinks alcohol? N/A
- Rashmika Mandanna was born in a middle-class family in Virajpet (Virajapete), Kodagu, Karnataka
- Her Hobbies are traveling and Gymming
- She has an irreplaceable Tattoo inked on her right forearm
- In 2016, Rashmika participated in Lamode Bangalore’s top model hunt where she caught the eyes of the makers of the film “Kirik Party” who offered her a lead role in the film.
- She gets a huge fan following on her Instagram Account
- .She made her Telugu film debut in 2018 with the romantic drama “Chalo.”
- She is also one of the highest-paid actresses in the Telugu and Kannada film industries.
- Search engine giant Google recognized her as the “National Crush of India” for the year 2020.