Rashami Desai is an Indian actress, model, and dancer. She was born on 13 February 1986, in Nagaon, Assam, India. She is the recipient of several accolades including an Indian Television Academy Award and has established herself as one of the most popular television actresses. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore’ in the TV serial “Uttaran”. Later, she was appreciated for her acting in the love triangle Dil Se Dil Tak (2017-2018) as Shorvori Bhattacharya. In 2019, she participated in the reality show Bigg Boss 13 and became the 3rd runner-up. In 2020, she portrayed the role of Shalaka on Colors TV’s supernatural fantasy thriller television series Naagin 4: Bhagya Ka Zehreela Khel and made her OTT debut with the short film Tamas. She has worked in many Bhojpuri and Hindi films. She worked in different languages like Hindi, Marathi, Bhojpuri, and Gujarati. She is among the highest paid television actresses of India. She has featured in many reality shows including “Comedy Circus,” “Maha Sangram,” “Zara Nachke Dikha,” “Crime Patrol,” “Big Money,” “Kitchen Champion Season 2,” “Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala,” and “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
|Full Name –||Rashami Desai|
|Real Name –||Divya Desai|
|Profession –||Actress, Dancer, Model|
|Famous Role –||Tappashya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore in “UTTARAN”|
|Eye Color –||Black|
|Hair Color –||Brown|
|Debut Movie –||Bollywood Film – Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke (2004)|
Bhojpuri Film – Balma Bada Nadan (2004)
Gujarati Film – Superstar (2017)
TV Serial – Raavan as Mandodari
|Date of Birth –||13 February 1986|
|Age –||34 Years in 2020|
|Birthplace –||Assam India.|
|Hometown –||Gujarat India.|
|School –||JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai|
|College –||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics|
|Educational Qualification –||Divorced|
|Hobbies –||Travelling, Dancing, Swimming|
|Marital Status –||Married|
|Affairs/Boyfriends –||Nandish Sandhu,|
|Marriage Date –||12 February 2012|
|Family –||Father – Ajay Desai,|
Mother – Rasila Desai,
Siblings – Gaurav Desai
|Salary –||55k Per Month|
Rashami Desai Career
Rashami Desai started her acting career in 2002 by playing a cameo in the Assamese film “Kanyadaan”, Next, she played the role of ‘Sheetal’ in the Hindi film “Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke.” Subsequently, she appeared in “B Grade’ Bhojpuri films like “Balma Bada Naadan,” “Gazab Bhail Rama,” “Gabbar Singh,” “Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna,” “Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail,” and “Those Pyar Ba.” Rashami Desai began her Bollywood appearance from Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke movie adjacent to Shah Rukh Khan and Raveena Tandon in 2004. Rashami also has performed in many Notable Bhojpuri films and has made her television debut from Zee TV’S Ravan Serial in 2006. Rashami Desai Played Mandodari’s character in this serial. Later She has done Pari Hoon Main, Meet Mila De Rabba Serial. Rashami has received national fame and Popularity from Colors’ TV Uttaran, She Played the antagonist character in this serial. Her performance was highly appreciated by critics and the audience. She won the Most Popular Actor Negative award in Indian Telly Awards and the Best Actress in Negative Role award in the Gold Awards. afterward, she participated in the comedy reality Ka Maha Muqabala and Kahani Comedy Circus Ki as a contestant.
She was also a contestant in the dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 5, Nach Baliye Season 7. She was the first runner-up in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and Nach Baliye. She came into the limelight when she participated in the Indian Reality show Bigg Boss Season 13 and she was the third runner-up in this show.
- Rashami Desai started her acting career in 2002 by playing a cameo in the Assamese film “Kanyadaan”.
- Next, she played the role of ‘Sheetal’ in the Hindi film “Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke”.
- In 2005, she appeared in the Hindi film Shabnam Mausi, where she played the role of Naina.
- Subsequently, she appeared in ‘B Grade’ Bhojpuri films like “Balma Bada Naadan”, “Gazab Bhail Rama”, “Gabbar Singh”, “Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna”, “Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail”, and “Tohse Pyar Ba”.
- She made her television debut in 2006 with the TV serial “Ravan” on Zee TV, where she played the role of Queen ‘Mandodari.’
- In 2007, she appeared in the English film titled Sambar Salsa.
- Subsequently, she played the dual role of Nikki Shrivastav and Pari Rai Choudhary in Star One’s TV serial “Pari Hoon Main”.
- In 2009, she appeared in Meet Mila De Rabba on Sony TV where she played the lead role of Dr. Meher Datta.
- In the same year, Rashami portrayed the negative role of ‘Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore’ in the popular television soap opera, “Uttaran” and gained huge popularity.
- In 2010, she participated in season 2 of the dance reality TV show Zara Nachke Dikha which aired on Star Plus.
- In 2012, she also participated in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 which aired on Colors TV. She emerged as the first runner-up.
- In the same year, she made a special appearance in the Bollywood film “Dabangg 2.”
- She also appeared on the Shekhar Suman hosted show Movers and Shakers.
- In 2015, she participated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi season 6.
- In the same year, Rashami along with her husband Nandish Sandhu, participated in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 7” and they became first runner-up.
- In October 2015, she appeared as a deaf and mute girl in Palash Muchhal’s music video titled Teri Ek Hassi alongside Nandish Sandhu.
- In march 2016, she also participated in Box Cricket League.
- She then appeared in Palash Muchhal’s dance based music video titled Sajna Ve alongside Salman Yusuff Khan.
- She has also appeared in TV serials like “Ishq Ka Rang Safed”, “Adhuri Kahaani Hamari”, and “Dil Se Dil Tak”.
- She made her Gujarati Film debut in 2017, with the film “Supersta” in which she played the role of ‘Anjali Kapadia.’
- She began 2019 with the lead role in DD National’s comedy series Chalo Saaf Karein.
- In 2019, she also participated in the game reality show “Bigg Boss 13”, where she finished as 3rd runner-up.
- In 2020, she portrayed the role of Shalaka on Colors TV’s supernatural fantasy thriller television series Naagin 4: Bhagya Ka Zehreela Khel.
- She next appeared in the short film Tamas alongside Adhvik Mahajan, where she played the role of Sania.
- In December 2020, she featured in Palash Muchhal’s dance based music video titled Ab Kya Jaan Legi Meri alongside Shaheer Sheikh and Sana Saeed.
- As of November 2020, Rashami is all set to make her digital debut alongside Tanuj Virwani in the web series titled Tandoor, directed by Nivedita Basu. In this web series, she will be essaying the role of Palak, an aspiring politician.
- She has featured in many reality shows including “Comedy Circus”, “Maha Sangram”, “Zara Nachke Dikha”, “Crime Patrol”, “Big Money”, “Kitchen Champion Season 2”, “Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala”, and “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”.
|Assamees Films||Kanyadaan (2002)|
|Bollywood Films||Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke ( 2004) as Sheetal|
|Bhojpuri Films||Balma Bada Nadaan ( 2004)|
|Gujarati Film||Superstar ( 2017) as Anjali Kapadia|
|Tv Shows||Raavan ( 2006 ) as Mandodari|
Rashami Desai Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Rashami Desai is 5 feet 3 inches and the body weight is around 60 Kg. Her body type is hourglass and her full body measurement is approximately 34-27-35 Inches. She has stylish black colour hair and sparkling star-like black colour eyes. She has got a tattoo – ‘A Lotus Flower’ inked on her right ankle.
|Height||5’3″ (160 cm)|
|Weight||60 Kg (132 lbs)|
|Tattoo||On the right ankle – A Lotus Flower|
Rashami Desai Family Background –
Rashami Desai belongs to a Gujarati Hindu Family. Her father’s name is Ajay Desai. She lost her father when she was too young. Her mother’s name is Rasila Desai, who is a teacher. She has a younger brother named Gaurav Desai.
|Mother||Rasila Desai (teacher)|
Rashami Desai Educational Qualification –
She did her schooling from Mumbai’s JB Khot Primary School. After that, she went to Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics to pursue a diploma. While she was pursuing diploma, she received her first acting assignment.
|School||JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai|
|College||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics|
Rashami Desai Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Marital status of Rashami Desai is Divorced. She married her co-star from Uttaran, Nandish Sandhu, on 12 February 2012 in Dholpur. In 2014 they separated and in 2015, the couple filed for divorce after almost four years of marriage. The couple also has a daughter named Manya.
Rashami was rumoured to be in a relationship with her co-actor from Adhuri Kahaani Hamari, Laksh Lalwani. She was also linked up with her Dil Se Dil Tak co-star, Siddharth Shukla. She is alleged to be dating the diamond merchant-turned-actor, Arhaan Khan.
|Affairs/ Boyfriends||Nandish Sandhu, Laksh Lalwani (rumoured), Siddharth Shukla (rumoured), Arhaan Khan (rumoured)|
|Husband/Spouse||Nandish Sandhu (m. 2012- div. 2015)|
|Marriage Date||12 February 2012|
|Children||Son – N/A|
Daughter – Manya
Rashami Desai Personal Life-
She married her co-star from Uttaran, Nandish Sandhu, on 12 February 2012 in Dholpur. In 2014 they separated and in 2015, the couple filed for divorce after almost four years of marriage.
In 2018, Rashami Desai met Arhaan Khan. In 2019, they both participated in Bigg Boss season 13, where Arhaan proposed to Rashami, and she accepted the proposal. Later, it was revealed by Salman Khan that Arhaan was married before and had a kid which he had kept secret from Rashami. In 2020, after coming out from the Bigg Boss house, Rashami broke up with Arhaan.
Rashami Desai Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite Film(s)||Mother India (1957), Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999)|
|Favourite Food||Pizza, Chocolate cakes, Biryani, Bonda, Aloo Tikki, |
Chat Papdi, Butter Chicken, Rice and Dal
|Favourite Colour||White, Green, Red, Blue, Black|
|Favourite TV show||Bhabhi ji ghar par hai!|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Destination||Goa, Jammu, Paris|
Rashami Desai Net worth –
The net worth of Rashami Desai is estimated to be between $1.5 Million to $2 Million dollars. Her source of income is mostly from being a successful actress.
|Net worth||$1.5 Million – $2 Million|
|Source of Income||Acting|
Some lesser known facts about Rashami Desai –
- Does Rashami Desai Smoke? Not known
- Does Rashami Desai Drink Alcohol? Yes
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- Her family has its roots in Gujarat.
- Her father, Ajay Desai, had passed away when she was a child.
- Rashami got her first acting assignment while she was pursuing her diploma.
- In 2012, she made a cameo in the Bollywood Film “Dabangg 2”.
- Rashami has worked in Hindi, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Assamese, and Manipuri films.
- She shot to fame after playing the role of ‘Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore’ in the TV serial “Uttaran”.
- In 2015, she participated in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 7” along with her then-husband, Nandish Sandhu.
- In 2019, she entered the game reality show “Bigg Boss 13” as a contestant.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam and Kathak dancer.
- She likes listening to the Shastriya Sangeet (Indian Classical Music).
- Her real name is Divya Desai. In 2008, she adopted the name Rashami as the producers of her show “Pari Hoon Main” suggested that her name ‘Divya’ was not working in favour of her and the show. Her mother, after consulting a numerologist finalised the name Rashami.
- In 2019, Rashami revealed that she was suffering from psoriasis.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog, Oreo.
- She has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- She considers her mother as her inspiration.
Rashami Desai Social Profile
Rashami Desai Instagram
Rashami Desai Twitter
Don’t be eye candy , be soul food 💜 pic.twitter.com/wntS0KjeY0— Rashami Desai (@TheRashamiDesai) April 16, 2021
Rashami Desai Awards
- Rashami Desai is the winner of Apsara Film Producers Guild Awards 2011 for Best Actress – TV Uttaran (2009)
- Rashami Desai is the winner of Colors Golden Petal Awards 2017 for Favorite Jodi Dil Se Dil Tak (2017) Shared with: Sidharth Shukla
- Rashami Desai is the winner Indian Television Academy Awards, India 2010 for Best Actress – Popular Uttaran (2009)
- Rashami Desai is the winner of Indian Telly Awards 2010 for Best Actress in a Negative Role Uttaran (2009)
- Achievements • Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress in Negative Role Popular for the TV serial “Uttaran” (2010)
- Indian Telly Award for Most Popular Negative Actor Female for the TV serial “Uttaran” (2010)
- Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in Negative Role for the TV serial “Uttaran” (2010)
- BIG Star Entertainment Award for Best Television Actor Female for the TV serial “Uttaran” (2010)
- Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in Negative Role for the TV serial “Uttaran” (2011)
- Apsara Award for Best Negative Actress for the TV serial “Uttaran” (2011)
- BIG Television Award for BIG Namkeen Character Female Fiction for the TV serial “Uttaran” (2011)
- Colors Golden Petal Award for Best Onscreen Jodi with Siddharth Shukla for the TV serial “Dil Se Dil Tak” (2017)
Rashami Desai Controversies
- Rashami attracted controversy for her disturbed relationship with her then-husband, Nandish Sandhu. She alleged that Nandish had disrespected her and abused her for 3 years.
- Desai blamed the website, India Forums, for portraying a negative image of her in the public. In an interview, she said, “You know there’s a website called India Forums. They’ve been handling Nandish’s PR and I don’t have a problem but they’ve been giving one-sided stories from Nandish’s end. I’ve never felt the need to explain myself or my relationship to anyone – but there are all sorts of rumours that pinpoint me and claim that Nandish is completely innocent.”
- In Nach Baliye 7, Rashami revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage. However, during an interview, her ex-husband revealed that Rashami had never conceived. He said, “We were clear about planning a baby after we were professionally settled. Our career was our focus. So where is the question of a miscarriage? I never wanted to embarrass her on national television by questioning her on that.”
- Rashami revealed in Nach Baliye 7 that she had undergone cosmetic surgery. However, later, Nandish Sandhu cleared that she got confused between cosmetic treatment and surgery.
Rashami Desai Most Succesful Movies | Rashami Desai Top IMDB Rated Movies
Six X(7.6 rating)
Rashami Desai Starrer Six X released in 2016, this was an Drama movie and it received 7.6 average rating on IMDB.
Cast By – Seema Azmi, Shweta Bhardwaj, Hrishitaa Bhatt, Rashami Desai, Andria Dsouza, Sofia Hayat, Hemant Pandey, Ashmit Patel, Rituparna Sengupta, Rajesh Sharma, Aashif Sheikh, Shweta Tiwari
Genre – Drama
Duration – 133 Minutes
Director – Chandrakant Singh
Writer – Ravie Ravan Kathuria, Md.Salim
Production Company – C.K Arts
Released Date – Friday, November 25, 2016
About – Women are supposed to be equal to men yet their sexuality is often ignored in Indian society. This hypocrisy is addressed through the film.
Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke(3.8 rating)
Rashami Desai Starrer Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke released in 2004, this was an Drama, Mystery, Romance movie and it received 3.8 average rating on IMDB.
Cast By – Shah Rukh Khan, Raveena Tandon, Navneet Nishan, Avtar Gill, Mohnish Bahl, Deven Bhojani, Rashami Desai, Bhushan Jeevan, Kiran Kumar, Deepak Parashar
Genre – Drama, Mystery, Romance
Duration – 135 Minutes
Director – Birendra Nath Tiwari
Production Company – R G Nayyar Films
Released Date – Friday, April 9, 2004
About – Dushyant and Jaya are childhood friends. In spite of his family’s poverty, Dushyant has one great ambition in life: to become a successful singer. Jaya encourages him all she can and helps …
Rashami Desai Movies
- Kanyadaan (2002)
- Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke (2004) (Sheetal)
- Balma Bada Nadaan (2004)
- Hum Balbrahma Chaari Tu Kanya Kumari (2004)
- Gazab Bhail Rama (2005)
- Kab Hoi Gauna Hammar (2005) (Gauri)
- Nadiya Ke Teer (2005)
- Shabnam Mausi (2005) (Naina)
- Bambai Ki Laila Chapra Ka Chaila (2006)
- Gabbar Singh (2006)
- Kable Aayee Bahaar (2006)
- Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna (2006)
- Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail (2006)
- Sathi Sanghati (2006)
- Tohse Pyar Ba (2006)
- Dulha Babu (2007)
- Sambar Salsa (2007)
- Bandan Toote Na (2008)
- Pyar Jab Kehu Se Hoi Jala (2008)
- Shahar Wali Jaan Mareli (2008)
- Hum Hai Gawaar (2009)
- Sohagan Bana Da Sajana Hamaar (2010)
- Umariya Kaili Tohre Naam (2010)
- Dabangg 2 (2012) (Bride)
- Superstar (2017) (Anjali Kapadia)
- Six X (2017) (Shweta Bhardwaj)
Rashami Desai TV Shows
- Raavan (2006-2008) (Mandodari)
- Pari Hoon Main (2008) (Nikki/Pari)
- Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai (2008) (Priya)
- Meet Mila De Rabba (2009) (Dr. Meher Datta)
- Uttaran (2009-14) (Tapasya)
- Meethi Choori No 1 (2010) (Contestant)
- Zara Nachke Dikha (2010)
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 (2011)
- Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala (2011) (Participant)
- Ratan Ka Rishta (2011) (Herself)
- Bigg Boss 5 (2012)
- Kahani Comedy Circus Ki (2012) (Participant)
- Haunted Nights (2012) (Shivani)
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 (2012) (Contestant)
- Bigg Boss 6 (2013) (Herself)
- Comedy Nights with Kapil (2013) (Participant)
- Savdhaan India (2014) (Mata)
- Farah Ki Daawat (2015) (Participant)
- Nach Baliye 7 (2015) (Contestant)
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6 (2015) (Contestant)
- Ishq Ka Rang Safed (2015) (Tulsi)
- Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani (2016) (Herself)
- Adhuri Kahaani Hamari (2016) (Preeti)
- Box Cricket League 2 (2016) (Contestant)
- Comedy Nights Live (2016) (Participant)
- Bigg Boss 10 (2017)
- Dil Se Dil Tak (2017-18) (Shorvari Bhanushali/Bhattacharya)
- Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman (2017)
- Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki (2017)
- Bigg Boss 11 (2017)
- Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung (2017) (Participant)
- Entertainment Ki Raat (2017)
- Tu Aashiqui (2018)
- Belan Wali Bahu (2018)
- Naagin 3 (2018)
- Chalo Saaf Karein (2019) (Palak)
- Kitchen Champion 5 (2019) (Contestant)
- Khatra Khatra Khatra (2019)
- Bigg Boss 13 (2019-2020) (Contestant)
- Mujhse Shaadi Karoge (2020)
- Naagin: Bhagya Ka Zehreela Khel (2020) (Shalakha Dev Parekh/Nayantara)
- Ladies Vs Gentlemen (2020) (Participant)