Ranveer Singh is an Famous Indian Actor & Model who works in Bollywood. Ranveer Singh is recipient of several awards, including four Filmfare Awards, he is among the highest-paid Indian actors and has been featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2012. Ranveer Singh is among the highest-paid actors in the country and has featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2012. Ranveer was born on 6 July 1985 into a Sindhi family in Bombay (now Mumbai), to Anju and Jagjit Singh Bhavnani. His grandparents moved to Bombay from Karachi, Sindh, in present-day Pakistan, during the Partition of India. Ranveer Singh has an elder sister Ritika Bhavnani. He is the maternal cousin of Indian film producer Rhea Kapoor and actress Sonam Kapoor.
Ranveer SIngh started her acting career after completing his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University Bloomington, He He briefly worked in advertising and made his acting debut in 2010 with a leading role in Yash Raj Films’ romantic comedy Band Baaja Baaraat. His first film with Yash Raj Films was a great sucess which earn him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. He gained praise for playing a melancholic thief in the drama Lootera (2013), and established himself with his collaborations with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, beginning with the romance Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013).
Ranveer Singh is alos well known in Indian Cinema for portraying some different and uniquiees characters like Bajirao I and Alauddin Khilji in Bhansali’s period dramas Bajirao Mastani (2015) and Padmaavat (2018), for which he won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for the former and the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor, Ranveer Singh movie Simmba(2018) with his co-actress Sara Ali Khan rank among the highest-grossing Indian films. He won another Filmfare Award for Best Actor for playing an aspiring rapper in Zoya Akhtar’s musical drama Gully Boy (2019). Singh is married to his frequent co-star Deepika Padukone.
He has an unpredictable dressing sense and he keeps surprising his fans and media with his stylish outfits.
|Real Name||Ranveer Singh Bhavnani|
|Known Name||Ranveer Singh|
|Date of Birth||July 06 ,1985|
|Age||36 years ( as of 2021)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Current Residence||Prabhadevi , Mumbai , Maharashtra , India|
|Profession||Bollywood Actor, Model|
|Girlfriend / Affairs||Ahana Deol|
|Deepika Padukone (Wife) ( Bollywood Actress)|
|Date of Marriage||15th November 2018|
|Place of Marriage||Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy|
Ranveer Singh Career
- Ranveer Sigh is a well known face in Bollywood. He started his career after completing his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University Bloomington. He returned to India to pursue an acting career in film. During his school days he took parts in numerous plays, debates and many other competitions. After completing studies, he returned to Mumbai where he used to work as a Copywriter in different advertising agencies like J. Walter Thompson, O&M, etc. Later, he left the job and started working as an assistant director but again he left to fulfil his dream of becoming an actor.
- Ranveer Singh begains his acting career in 2010 with his first acting debut with a prominent role in Yash Raj Movie’s romantic comedy titled “Band Baaja Baaraat”. The romantic comedy was set in the world of wedding planning and required Singh to portray a typical Delhi guy called Bittoo Sharma. The director of the film, Maneesh Sharma, sent him to the Delhi University campus during the recce of the film, and from there Singh drew his inspiration for the character. After its release, Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) became a critical and commercial success, with Singh’s portrayal of Bittoo being lauded by critics. He went on to win the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut award at the 56th Filmfare Awards.
- In 2011, he starred in Ladies vs Ricky Bahl with the likes of Anushka Sharma, Parineeti Chopra, Aditi Sharma, and Dipannita Sharma. He played the role of a conman in the film. Again, the reaction was the same from the audiences as well as critics.
- In 2013 he appeared in Bombay Talkies, The same year, he starred in Lootera alongside Sonakshi Sinha. Critics acclaimed the movie, however, it didn’t perform well at the box office. after his 3 movies in same year he starrted in Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela along with Deepika Padukone in same year, where he played the role of a Gujarati boy in the movie which was based on the character of Romeo from William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. The movie was a grand sucess for him in the year 2013,, after his 3 days movies with average ratings.
- In 2014 he appeared in Gunday along with the stars like Priyanka Chopra, Irrfan Khan, and Arjun Kapoor. Later, Singh appeared in a cameo in Finding Fanny. Also, in the same year, he starred in Kill Dill along with Ali Zafar and Parineeti Chopra.
- In 2015 he made a special appearance in the movie Hey Bro. The same year, Singh starred in Dil Dhadakne Do with the likes of Anil Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Farhan Akhtar, Anushka Sharma, and Priyanka Chopra.
- In the Same years in 2015, he starred in Bajirao Mastani as Peshwa Bajiroa I with Deepika Padukone as Mastani, and Priyanka Chopra as Kashi Bai. The movie is based on Nagnath Inamdar’s novel named Rau.
- In 2018, Ranveer starred in Padmaavat along with Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor. The movie is basically based on Malik Jayasi’s poem Padmaavat in which he played the role of Alauddin Khilji.
- An interesting fact about Singh regarding the movie is that he isolated himself in a room for 3 weeks for the preparation of the character’s role. Later, he made a special appearance in Teefa in Trouble. In the same year, Singh starred in Rohit Shetty’s Simmba with Sara Ali Khan.
- In the year 2019, Singh starred in Gully Boy opposite Alia Bhatt.
- Ranveer’s upcoming movies are 83 (Biopic of cricketer Kapil Dev), Sooryavanshi, and Jayeshbhai Jordaar. All his upcoming films may release in next year.
Ranveer Singh Family
Ranveer Singh was born on 6 July 1985His grandparents moved to Bombay from Karachi, Sindh, in present-day Pakistan, during the Partition of India. He has an elder sister named Ritika Bhavnani. Singh is the paternal grandson of Chand Burke, maternal third cousin of Sonam Kapoor, daughter of actor Anil Kapoor and wife Sunita Kapoor into a Sindhi Hindu family in Bombay (now Mumbai), to Anju and Jagjit Singh Bhavnan
|Father Name||Jugjeet Sigh Bhavnani (Businessman)|
|Mother Name||Anju Bhavnani|
|Sister||Ritika Bhavnani (Elder)|
Ranveer Singh Relationship & Martial Status
Actor Ranveer Singh was in Relationship with Deepika Padukone who is also one of the most popular Bollywood actress, They both tied not on 14-15 November 2018 in Near Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy
|Marriage Place||Near Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy|
|Marriage Date||14-15 November 2018|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anushka Sharma (Actress, Ex-girlfriend |
Ahana Deol (During his college days)
Deepika Padukone (Actress)
|Children(s)||Daughter: Not Known|
Son: Not Known
Ranveer Singh Physical Stats
|Height (approx.)||In Centimeters- 178 cm|
In Meters- 1.78 m
In Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||In Kilograms- 75 kg|
In Pounds- 165 lbs
|– Chest: 42 inches|
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 16 inches
|Shoe size||10 (Inches)|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
Ranveer Singh Education
|School||Learners’ Academy, Mumbai|
|College/University||• H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
• Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
Ranveer Singh Favourite
|Favourite Food||Chocolates, Cheese, Besan Laddoo, Mutton Curry and Chinese Cuisines|
|Favourite Actors||Shahrukh Khan and Johnny Depp|
|Favourite Colors||Red, White|
|Favourite Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Scarlett Johansson, and Megan Fox|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, 3 Idiots, Sholay, Rang De Basanti, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
Hollywood: Godfather, City Of God, Taxi Driver, The Prestige, Kill Bill
|Favourite Musician||Michael Jackson, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Beyonce|
|Favourite Restaurant||Olive Bar and Kitchen, Hakkassan, Wasabi at Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai, Le Cirque in Delhi, Thalassa in Goa|
|Favourite Sport Club||Arsenal Football Club|
|Favourite Destination||Goa (India)|
Ranveer Singh Net Worth
Ranveer currently has a fortune of $30 million equivalent to 2.5 billion rupees. He annually makes INR 32 crore and charges between Rs 10 and Rs 15 crores per movie. He owns a sea-facing apartment in Mumbai’s Beaumonde Towers which is worth Rs 15 crores and also owns property in Goregaon which is for Rs 10 crores and in Goa of about Rs 9 crores.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$30 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||INR 32 crores|
|Income Source||Actor, Model|
Ranveer Singh Controversies
- In August 2012, after watching Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer Ek Tha Tiger, he tweeted “EK THA TIGER felt absolute bore bt (sic) last 15 min was magical. nice stunt nd action @beingsalmankhan pra.” He also tweeted “While I was passing through a multiplex people after seeing Ek Tha Tiger was asking for TIGER BAAM”. After it, he faced a lot of criticism from the film industry.
- • In 2015, due to his participation in the adult content based show AIB Knockout, an ‘FIR’ was filed against him and others for obscenity in public.Ranveer Singh in AIB Roast
- • During the shooting of the film Dil Dhadakne Do, he blew Priyanka Chopra a kiss in front of everyone, which she didn’t like at all. Later, during a promotional event of this film, Priyanka taunted him for his ‘over enthusiastic acting,’ following which he said that he will never work with her again.
- • After his marriage with Deepika Padukone, an Italian Sikh group alleged that the Sikh code of conduct was violated in their Sindhi-Punjabi wedding.
Ranveer Singh Trivia
- Minored in theatre.
- Interest include creative writing, playing football and theatre.
- Has a Bachelor of Art degree from Indiana University.
- Ranveer was sent to Delhi University by the director of Band Baaja Baaraat, Maneesh Sharma, which is where he drew his inspiration for the role of Bittoo Sharma.
- Won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut at the 56th Filmfare Awards, for his role as Bittoo Sharma.
- He began working as an Assistant Director, but then left it to focus his attention solely on acting.
- He Appears in the end of the movie teefa in trouble as a photograph , ali zafar’s film who co starred with him in Kill DIll.
- Mother’s name is Anju Hingorani Bhavnani.
- Grandfather is Sunder Singh Bhavnani.
- Father’s name is Jasjit Bhavnani.
- Die hard fan of WWE and Superstar Legend Hulk Hogan.
Some Unknown Facts about Ranveer Singh
- Does Ranveer Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does he smoke?: No
- Ranveer’s family migrated from Karachi to Mumbai during the Partition of India.
- Ranveer Singh dropped his last name ‘Bhavani’ from his screen name, as he thought it won’t sound like a superstar’s name.
- After the release of his debut film Band Baja Baraat, there were rumors that his father paid a whopping amount of ₹10 crores to the makers of the film. But, he denied the rumor by saying that all “Bullshit! My dad was going through a very lean period. These are all rumors”.
- If not an actor, Ranveer Singh would have been a writer or a DJ.
- Ranveer is the first Bollywood actor who’s 4th film crossed the ₹100 crore mark.
- The lead role in Bombay Velvet was offered to Ranveer Singh, but due to no dates available, the role went to Ranbir Kapoor.
- While doing the shooting of Bajirao Mastani, he done a dangerous stunt on top of a house, he tore the ligaments of his right shoulder. After which he was rushed to the hospital in Jaipur, where he had surgery.
- He moved out of his home and cut off from the world by not using “TV, phone, and internet”, to prepare for his role inS Bajirao Mastani,
- Apart from being an actor, Ranveer is also an amazing rapper.
- Ranveer has an image of being a temperamental and drama king.
- He has a huge collection of 200+ shoes and 100+ hats.
- He has a habit of washing hands with soap or sanitizer repeatedly.
- To prepare for his role in Bajirao Mastani, he moved out of his home and cut off from the world by not using “TV, phone, and internet.”
- He was initially offered the lead role in Bombay Velvet, but due to no dates available, the role went to Ranbir Kapoor.
- While doing a dangerous stunt on top of a house in the film Bajirao Mastani, he tore the ligaments of his right shoulder, after which he was rushed to the hospital in Jaipur, where he had surgery.
Ranveer Singh Social Profile
Ranveer Singh Instagram Profile
Ranveer Singh Twitter Profile
Proudly announcing my collaboration with the pioneering visionary of Indian cinema, the maverick master craftsman SHANKAR @shankarshanmugh 🎥💫 powered by veteran film producer Dr. Jayantilal Gada @jayantilalgada @PenMovies 🧿🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/cI2Thzxu55— Ranveer Singh (@RanveerOfficial) April 14, 2021