Ram Kapoor is an Indian actor who works in films and television serials. He was born on 1 September 1973, in Jalandhar, Punjab, India. He is best known for playing the role of Jai Walia in the television series Kasamh Se, the role of Ram in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. Ram Kapoor started his career with a small role in Heena in 1998. He appeared in many movies including “Udaan”, “Student of the Year”, “Agent Vinod”, “Humshakals” (comedy movie), “Lakshmi”, “Mere Dad Ki Maruti”, and the list goes on. He also participated in several reality shows such as Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, and Welcome Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki.
Apart from this, he also hosted some award ceremonies including Indian Telly Awards, Zee Astitva Awards, Indian Television Academy Awards, and others. He won 3 ITA Awards and 3 Indian Telly Awards for Best Actor. Ram Kapoor is a decent person and one of the most talented stars who has established himself as a successful actor.
|Full Name||Ram Anil Kapoor|
|Date of birth||1 September 1973|
|Age (as in 2021)||48 years old|
|Famous Role||Jai in Kasamh Se (2006-2009),Ram in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain (2011-2014)|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Dancing, Reading, Travelling, Listening to music|
|Years active||1997- present|
Ram Kapoor Career –
- Ram Kapoor started his career with a small role in Heena in 1998.
- After that, he did acting in the noted series such as Sangharsh (1999), Nyaay (1999), and Kavita (2000).
- In 2000, Kapoor acted in popular family drama Ghar Ek Mandir.
- In 2000, he first acted in the film The Fifty Days of War – Kargil which ran for 10 days in New Delhi as a tribute to the heroes of the Kargil War.
- In 2001, Kapoor acted in Rishtey, in the serial Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai and made a cameo appearance in Mira Nair’s acclaimed film Monsoon Wedding.
- In 2004, he got the first successful role of Vinay Kishore Khanna in the series Manshaa.
- He also appeared in films like Dhadkan (2003) and Awaz – Dil Se Dil Tak, followed by Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi and Bali (2004), a telefilm in which he played Prithvi Singh.
- In 2005, Kapoor was seen in films like Devaki, Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow and Missed Call.
- Next, he received immense popularity with the Zee TV’s series Kasamh Se, in which he played the role of Jai Udai Walia.
- He worked in many TV serials including “Bali”, “Dhadkan”, “Dil Se Dil Tak”, “Kehta Hai Dil”, “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”, “Basera”, “Sanskar” and many more for which he got acclaimed.
- From 2011-2014, he got another success with the role of Amarnath Kapoor in the series “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain” and “Kya Hua Tera Vaada”.
- He appeared in many movies including “Udaan”, “Student of the Year”, “Agent Vinod”, “Humshakals” (comedy movie), “Lakshmi”, “Mere Dad Ki Maruti”, and the list goes on.
- In 2017, he made his first digital debut with ALT Balaji’s romantic web series “Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat”.
- In 2018, he played the role of Rasik in the film Loveyatri.
- In the same year, he was the host of the reality show Zindagi Ki Crossroads.
- Following that, he was seen in another reality show Comedy High School where he played various characters.
- In 2020, he became a part of the lead cast in Zee5’s web series Abhay 2.
- In the same year, Ram Kapoor played the role of Mahesh Kapoor a State Minister of Revenue in BBC One and Netflix show A Suitable Boy.
- His latest movies are Thappad (2020), Bahut Hua Samman (2020), and The Big Bull (2021).
- He also participated in several reality shows such as Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, and Welcome Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki.
- Apart from this, he also hosted some award ceremonies including Indian Telly Awards, Zee Astitva Awards, Indian Television Academy Awards, and others.
- In 2022, he was seen in the web-series Human as Pratap Munjal.
- His upcoming 2022, film is Neeyat.
Ram Kapoor Personal Life –
Ram Kapoor married his long time girlfriend Gautami Kapoor on 14th February 2003. They met each other for the first time on the sets of a show Ghar Ek Mandir and fell in love. They have two children, daughter Sia and son Aks.
He is very close to his family and loves to spend time with them. Currently, he lives with his family in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Ram Kapoor Early Life –
He was born in Punjab but raised in Mumbai and South India. During College days, Ram Kapoor was introduced to acting, when as a challenge and an order from his head captain he auditioned for the annual school theatrical production of Charley’s Aunt and performed the lead role. Under the direction and tutelage of Amir Raza Hussein, Kapoor found his career path and realised his love for acting. As a result, he went to Los Angeles to study filmmaking at the University of California, LA. However, he joined the theatre-based institute of Konstantin Stanislavshi. Next, Ram Kapoor moved back to India and started a professional career with television.
Ram Kapoor Family Background –
He belongs to a well-settled family of Jalandhar, Punjab, India. His father’s name is Anil Kapoor, who works as an Advertising and Marketing Executive. His father died on 12 April 2021 after battling cancer. His mother’s name is Rita Kapoor, who is a homemaker. He has one sister named, Aruna Kapoor.
He believes in Hinduism and holds Indian Nationality. He is Hindu Khatri by caste.
|Father||Anil Kapoor (Advertising and Marketing Executive; died on 12 April 2021 after battling cancer)|
|Mother||Rita Kapoor (homemaker)|
Ram Kapoor Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Ram Kapoor’s marital status is married. He got married to his long-time girlfriend Gautami Kapoor on 14th February 2003. They met each other for the first time on the sets of a show Ghar Ek Mandir and fell in love. They have two children, daughter Sia and son Aks.
|Affairs/ Girlfriend||Gautami Kapoor (Actress)|
|Wife/ Spouse||Gautami Kapoor (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||14 February 2003|
|Children||Son – Aks Kapoor|
Daughter – Sia Kapoor
Ram Kapoor Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Ram Kapoor is approximately 5 feet 9 inches and the body weight is around 96 kg. His full body measurements are Chest- 45 Inches, Waist – 38 Inches, and Biceps – 14 Inches. He has black colour hair and sparkling star-like dark brown eyes.
|Height||5’9″ (175 cm)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lbs)|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
Ram Kapoor Educational Qualification –
He attended the Scottish High School of Mumbai and Kodaikanal International School of Tamil Nadu. After that, he completed his graduation from Sherwood College in Nainital.
|School||Scottish High School in Mumbai, Kodaikanal International School in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, South India|
|College||Sherwood College in Nainital|
Ram Kapoor Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Sri Devi|
|Favourite Food||Chinese cuisine, Kheer, Aloo Paratha, Black forest cake, Shepherd pie|
|Favourite Restaurant||Indigo, Wasabi, Royal China and Golden Dragon in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination||New York|
Ram Kapoor Net worth –
The net worth of Ram Kapoor is estimated to be $2 Million dollars. Ram Kapoor’s income source is mostly from being a successful Actor.
|Net worth||$2 Million dollars|
|Source of Income||Acting|
Some lesser-known facts about Ram Kapoor –
- Does Ram Kapoor smoke? No (Earlier, he used to smoke but now he doesn’t smoke)
- Does Ram Kapoor drink alcohol? Yes
- Initially, he got a call from director Sudhir Mishra for a film, but the film was later called off.
- He and his wife Gautami met on the set of Sony TV’s show Ghar Ek Mandir, where they fell in love.
- He quit smoking only because of his daughter Sia.
- He participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 3, and in Rakhi Ka Swayamvar as a host.
- He has worked with most of the legendary actors of Bollywood such as Sanjay Mishra, Jackey Shroff, Akshay Kumar etc.
- He is the first Indian actor to be a part of a kissing scene on TV, in the popular show Bade Achhe Lagte Hain.
- He won the Indian Telly Awards for best actor in 2006, 2007, and 2008 consecutively.
- He is an avid dog lover and loves to play with his pet dogs.