Rajat Tokas is an Indian television Actor. He was born on 19 July 1991, in Munirka, New Delhi, India. He is best known for his roles in the historical shows Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan for which he won best actor in ITA 2007, Jodha Akbar for which he went on to win BIG Star Most Entertaining Television Actor – Male, Star Guild Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series, Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actor in Lead Role (Critics), Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role, and Chandra Nandini. He is also known for his role of Vikrant in Naagin 3.
Rajat Tokas belongs to a Hindu Family. He is the son of Ramvir Tokas and Pramila Tokas. He did his schooling from Delhi’s Hope Hall Foundation School. After completing his schooling, he did his graduation through correspondence. Rajat started his acting career as a child artist by playing the role of ‘Ashu’ in Doordarshan TV’s serial Bongo. Subsequent,ly he appeared in shows like Jadui Chirag, Lighthouse, Ek Nazar Ki Tamanna, Mere Dost, and Khoj Khazana Ki. He also appeared in films like Kathputli, W.H.O, Prerna, and Stumped. However, none of his films worked at the box office.
Talking about his personal life, As of now he is 31 Years old and is happily married. He got married to his longtime girlfriend, Shrishti Nayyar (a theatre artist) on 30 January 2015 in a close-knit ceremony in Udaipur Palace.
|Famous role||‘Akbar’ in “Jodha Akbar|
|Date of Birth||19 July 1991|
|Age||31 Years Old (2022)|
|Birth Place||Munirka, Delhi, India|
|Hometown||Munirka, Delhi, India|
|School||Hope Hall Foundation School, Delhi|
|Collage||He did graduation through correspondence|
|Debut||TV (as a child artist): Bongo (2004) as ‘Ashu’
TV (as an adult actor): Dharam Veer as ‘Veer’
Rajat Tokas’s Career –
- Rajat Tokas started his career as a child artist with the Doordarshan television show Bongo (1999), as Ashu.
- Afterward, he did many other shows like Jadui Chirag, Lighthouse, Ek Nazar Ki Tamanna, Mere Dost, Hey Hawain, Khoj Khazana Ki, and Abivyakti.
- In 2005, he played the role of Tantya, Sai Baba’s brother in the TV serial “Sai Baba”.
- From 2006-2007, he appeared in Star Plus’s show Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, wherein he played his first lead role as young Prithviraj Chauhan.
- Thereafter he appeared in TV serials like Dharam Veer (2008) and Keshav Pandit (2010).
- In 2010, he appeared in Balaji Telefilms’ Tere Liye, where he played the character of Robindo Ganguly.
- Later, he did episodic roles in Bandini and Fear Files: Darr Ki Sacchi Tasvirein.
- In 2013, he appeared in the historical drama Jodhaa Akbar, where he portrayed the character of Mughal Emperor Jalaluddin Mohammed Akbar.
- In 2016, he played the negative role of Kabir (Icchadhari Nevla) in Naagin, a fantasy drama that was aired on Colors TV.
- In the same year, he appeared in the Star Plus TV show Chandra Nandini, where he played the lead role of Chandragupta Maurya.
- From 2018-2019, he also played the role of Vikrant on Naagin 3, produced by Balaji Telefilms.
- He also appeared in films like Kathputli, W.H.O, Prerna, and Stumped. However, none of his films worked at the box office.
Rajat Tokas Controversies
- Rajat played the role of ‘Akbar’ in the TV serial “Jodha Akbar.” His serial faced severe protest by the Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Sabha, as according to them, wrong facts were being presented in the show.
- The actor has remained controversial due to his bossiness and rude behavior. Apparently, Rajat got involved in a brawl with the spot boys on the sets of Jodha Akbar. Tokas repeatedly behaved rudely to the spot boys, after which they hit the actor after his shoot. However, the actor is said to have denied the incident.
- Rajat was also rumored to be in a cold war with his Jodha Akbar co-star, Paridhi Sharma. In fact, it was said that when the director of the show had misbehaved with Paridhi, Rajat had sided with the director.
- In 2018, Rajat was rumored to be in an extra-marital affair with his Chandra Nandini co-star Tanu Khan. A media portal quoted one of their sources as saying,
- Rajat and Tanu are inseparable. In between the takes, they spend time in each other’s vanity vans and even leave the sets together after pack-up. We also hear that Rajat and Tanu recently enjoyed a night out together.”
- Later, the actor slammed the portal and expressed his disgust in a series of tweets.
Rajat Tokas Family
Rajat Tokas is an Indian television actor known for his roles in the historical shows Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, Jodha Akbar, and Chandra Nandini, He is also known for his role Vikrant in Naagin. He is the only child of his parents, His father’s name is Ramvir Tokas & Mother’s name is Pramila Tokas
|Father Name||Ramvir Tokas|
|Mother Name||Pramila Tokas|
|Brother Name||Not Known|
|Sister Name||Not Known|
Rajat Tokas Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Rajat Tokas is an Indian television actor and model. As of now, his marital status is married. Rajat married his longtime girlfriend Shrishti Nayyar who is also an actress and works as Theatre Artist. The couple got married on 30 January 2015 in Udaipur Palace, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
|Affairs/ Girlfriend||Shrishti Nayyar (Theatre Artist)|
|Marriage date||30 January 2015|
|Marriage Place||Udaipur Palace, Udaipur, Rajasthan|
Rajat Tokas Physical Stats
|Heights||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight(s)||in kilograms-55 kg
in pounds-121 lbs
|Figures||– Chest: 41 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
Rajat Tokas Favourite
|Favourite Food||Chinese food|
|Favourite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukherjee, Kajol|
|Favourite Film||Bunty Aur Babli|
|Favourite Color||Red and blue|
|Favourite Destination||Goa and Paris|
Rajat Tokas Education
Rajat Tokas was born and raised in Delhi, India. He completed his schooling at Hope Hall Foundation School, Delhi and later on completed his graduation through correspondence.
|School||Hope Hall Foundation School, Delhi|
|College||He did graduation through correspondence.|
|Debut||TV Debut: Bongo (2004)|
Rajat Tokas Net Worth
Actor Rajat Tokas estimated net worth is Rs 50-60 Lakhs. His main source of income is from acting and modeling.
|Net Worth||Rs 50-60 Lakh|
|Salary||Rs 60,000 per episode|
Rajat Tokas Awards & Achivements
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actor in Lead Role (Popular) for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- Indian Telly Award for Best Child Artiste (Male) for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- Indian Telly Award for Dharti ka Sitara for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Chhota Bachcha for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- BIG Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Television Actor (Male) for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2013)
- Zee Rishtey Award for Most Popular Face Male for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2013)
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2014)
- Renault Star Guild Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2014)
Some lesser-known facts about Rajat Tokas
- His hobbies include swimming, playing football, and horse riding.
- Initially, he wanted to be a film director.
- Rajat revealed in an interview that he was very shy and had limited friends.
- During an interview, Rajat shared that if not an actor, he would have been a businessman.
- Initially, Rajat was supposed to play the younger version of ‘Prithviraj Chauhan’ only for a few episodes. However, the audience loved his performance so much that the makers decided to extend his role for several months.
- Surprisingly, Rajat was not the first choice to play the role of ‘Akbar’ in the historical drama “Jodha Akbar.” Initially, Avinesh Rekhi was considered for this role.
- Rajat Tokas was born into a middle-class family in Delhi.
- In 1999, Rajat started his acting career as a child artist with the TV serial “Bongo.”
- He received immense popularity by playing the role of young Prithviraj Chauhan in Star Plus’ historical drama “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj.”
- Rajat, during an interview, revealed that he was shy in nature and had only a few friends.
- He played the character of ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Chandra Nandini.”
- Rajat has also starred in the supernatural series “Naagin.” He played a ‘wishful mongoose’ in its first season and a ‘wishful serpent’ in its third season.
- He has even featured in films like “Kathputli,” “W.H.O.,” “Prerna,” and “Stumped.” However, his films didn’t do well at the box office.
- Tokas revealed during an interview that if not an actor, he would have been a businessman.
- The television actor, Avinesh Rekhi was the first choice for the role of ‘Akbar’ in the historical drama “Jodha Akbar.” However, the role later went to Rajat.
- Initially, Rajat was supposed to play the young Prithvi raj Chauhan only for a few episodes. However, after looking at the popularity of his character among the audience, the makers of the show decided to extend his role for several months.
- Rajat underwent weapon training, learned horse riding, learnt to walk in a particular way, and modified his voice and body language in a different way to do justice to his character of ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ in the TV serial “Chandra Nandini.” He even watched documentaries and read books on the Maurya Empire.
Rajat Tokas Social Media
Rajat Tokas Instagram
View this post on Instagram