Priyanka Chopra Priyanka Chopra, also known as Priyanka, is an Indian actress, singer, and film producer. She is one of the most famous actresses who rose to fame for her amazing roles in “Fashion” (2008), “Dostana” (2008), “Kaminey” (2009), “7 Khoon Maff” (2011), “Barfi” (2012), “Mary Kom” (2014), and “Bajirao Mastani” (2015), and many more to be listed. Before stepping into the world of acting, Priyanka was the winner of the Miss World 2000 pageant. Adding to her awards, she has received numerous accolades, including two National Film Awards and five Filmfare Awards. In 2016, she was honored with the Padma Shri by the government of India. Priyanka Chopra is one of the most popular actresses who has appeared as one of the most renowned and top-rated personalities in India.
Priyanka Chopra was born on July 18, 1982, in Jamshedpur, India. She is the daughter of Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra and Dr. Madhu Chopra, are both Indian Army physicians. Her father was a Punjabi Hindu from Ambala, whereas her mother, Madhu Chopra, from Jharkhand, is the eldest daughter of Dr. Manohar Kishan Akhouri, a former Congress veteran, and Madhu Jyotsna Akhouri, a former member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly. Priyanka was born in Jamshedpur, Bihar, and raised in several places like Delhi, Chandigarh, Ambala, Ladakh, Lucknow, and Bareilly due to her parents’ professions as military physicians. Priyanka had attended La Martiniere Girls’ School in Lucknow and St. Maria Goretti College in Bareilly.
At the age of 13, she moved to the United States to study, living with her aunt and attending schools in Newton, Massachusetts, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, after a stop in Queens, New York, as her aunt’s family also moved frequently. After three years, Chopra returned to India, finishing the senior year of her high school education at the Army Public School in Bareilly. While she was living in the United States, Chopra won the local May Queen beauty pageant. Following her success in the United States, her mother entered her in the Femina Miss India contest in 2000. She had also won the Miss World pageant, where she was crowned Miss World 2000 and Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty—Asia & Oceania at the Millennium Dome in London on November 30, 2000.
Priyanka Chopra began her acting career. After winning Miss India World, she was cast as the female lead in Abbas-Mustan’s romantic thriller Humraaz (2002), in which she was to make her film debut, but the movie failed to be made for various reasons. Later on, she made her first television debut in the 2002 Tamil film Thamizhan. Continuing her success in 2003, she made her Bollywood film debut as the second female lead opposite Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta in Anil Sharma’s The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. Later that year, she appeared in Raj Kanwar’s box-office success Andaaz with Akshay Kumar, again sharing the female lead role. Her performance earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut (along with Dutta) and a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
In 2005, Priyanka Chopra appeared in six films. Her first two releases, the action thrillers Blackmail and Karam, were commercially unsuccessful. In 2009, Chopra played a feisty Marathi woman named Sweety in Vishal Bhardwaj’s caper thriller Kaminey (co-starring Shahid Kapoor). The film Krish is the most popular film of Priyanka’s career. She has been paired opposite Hrithik Roshan in this movie, playing the character of a superhero. Priyanka has also appeared with some of the most popular Bollywood heroes, like Salman Khan in Salaam-E-Ishq and Shahrukh Khan in the movie Don.
Talking about Priyanka’s personal life, she has maintained a strong relationship with her family, including her younger brother, Siddharth, and lives in an apartment on the same floor as her parents. Chopra started dating American singer and actor Nick Jonas in May 2018. On July 19, 2018, Jonas proposed to her on the island of Crete, Greece. The couple got engaged in August 2018 in a Punjabi Roka ceremony in Mumbai.
|Full Name||Priyanka Chopra Jonas|
|Nick Name||Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, PC|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1982|
|Age||39 Years (2021)|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Hometown||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Address||Green Acres at Lokhandwala complex, Andheri, Mumbai|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow|
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
Army School, Bareilly
|Collage||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film Debut: Thamizhan (2002, Tamil film), |
The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003, Bollywood film)
TV Debut: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010, as host)
Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil Film- Thamizhan)
|Hobbies||Singing, writing poems, reading, photography|
Priyanka Chopra Career
Priyanka Chopra was born on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar (present-day Jharkhand), to Ashok and Madhu Chopra, both physicians in the Indian Army. Priyanka begins her acting career. After winning Miss India World Priyanka Chopra was cast as the female lead in Abbas-Mustan’s romantic thriller Humraaz (2002), in which she was to make her film debut. However, this fell through for various reasons: she stated the production conflicted with her schedule, while the producers said they recast because Chopra took on various other commitments. Her screen debut occurred in the 2002 Tamil film Thamizhan as the love interest of the protagonist, played by Vijay. A review published in The Hindu was appreciative of the film for its wit and dialogue; however, it felt that Chopra’s role was limited from an acting viewpoint.
Priyanka made her debut in 2002 with the Tamil film Thamizhan. Then in 2003, she debuted in Bollywood with the film, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. It was the highest-grossing film of the year. Then she appeared in the film Andaaz which was a success at the box office. For this film, she won the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award and a nomination for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award. Then in 2004, she starred in films like Plan, Kismat, and Asambhav which did not do very well at the box office. Later that year she acted in a movie called Mujhse Shaadi Karogi which was the third highest-grossing film of that year. Then she starred in Aitraaz where she played a negative role. It was a hit movie and she received the Filmfare Best Villain Award for playing the role. She also received a second nomination for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.
In the year 2005, she had six flops, including Blackmail, Karam, Yakeen, and Barsaat. After this, she acted in two films, Waqt: The Race Against Time and Bluffmaster which went well at the box office. Then in 2006, she starred in two successful films, Krrish and Don – The Chase Begins Again. In the year 2007, she acted in two more films, Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute To Love and Big Brother which flopped at the box office. Then in the year 2008, she starred in Love Story 2050, God Tussi Great Ho, Chamkua, and Drona which again flopped at the box office. Then she starred in Fashion, which was a success. She received several awards for this film, including the National Film Award for Best Actress and also the Filmfare Best Actress Award. Later that year she was seen in another film, Dostana which was again a success.
Priyanka Chopra Family
Priyanka Chopra was born on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar (present-day Jharkhand), to Ashok and Madhu Chopra, both physicians in the Indian Army. Her father was a Punjabi Hindu from Ambala. Her mother, Madhu Chopra from Jharkhand is the eldest daughter of Dr. Manohar Kishan Akhouri, a former Congress veteran, and Madhu Jyotsna Akhouri, a former member of Bihar Legislative Assembly.
Her late maternal grandmother, Mrs. Akhouri, was a Jacobite Syrian Christian originally named Mary John, belonging to the Kavalappara family of Kumarakom, Kottayam district, Kerala. Chopra has a brother, Siddharth, who is seven years her junior. Bollywood actresses Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Mannara Chopra are cousins.
|Father||Lare Ashok Chopra (Physician in India Army)|
|Mother||Madhu Chopra (Physician in India Army)|
|Brother||Siddharth Chopra (Younger)|
Priyanka Chopra’s Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
famous actress Priyanka Chopra is now married to Nick Jonas. After a whirlwind romance, they tied the knot at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur in 2018. Priyanka married both Hindu and Christian customs at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur. Their wedding is considered the most expensive and royal wedding in India. Let us tell you that Priyanka had given her heart to Nick Jonas, 10 years younger and after dating for a few days, both of them decided to get married.
In January 2022, the couple had their first child, via surrogacy.
|Boyfriend / Affairs||Assem Merchant ( Model ) |
Akshay Kumar ( Actor )
Harman Baweja ( Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan ( Actor )
Shahid Kapoor ( Actor)
Nick Jonas ( Singer-Songwriter )
|Engagement date||18 August 2018|
|Marriage Place||Umaid Bhawan, Jodhpur|
|Marriage Date||December 1, 2018 (as per Christian Rituals ) |
December 2, 2018 ( as per Hindu Rituals )
|Husband / Spouse||Nick Jonas|
|Children||1 Girl (January 2022 Via surrogacy.)|
Priyanka Chopra’s Physical Stats
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Height||Feet – 5 feet 6 1/2 |
inches Meters – 1.69 m
Centimeters – 169 cm
|Weight||In Kilograms – 55 Kg|
|Figure Measurements||Size – 35 |
Waist Size – 28 Inches
Hips Size – 35 Inches
Figure Measurements – 35-28-35
Shoe Size – 8 US
Priyanka Chopra Education
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow |
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly Newton North High School in Newton,
Massachusetts John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa Army School, Bareilly
|Collage||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Debut||Film Debut: Thamizhan (2002, Tamil film), The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003, Bollywood film) TV Debut: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010, as host) Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil Film- Thamizhan)|
Priyanka Chopra Favourites
|Favorite Food||Risotto, Burgers, French fries, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry, Sarson ka saag, Bourbon biscuits, Red velvet cake|
|Favorite Songs||“Careless Whispers” by George Micheal, “I Will Always Love You” By Sarah Washington|
|Favorite Actor||Matthew Mcconaughey, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar and Dharmendra|
|Favorite Actress||Rekha and Sushmita Sen|
|Favorite Film||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, & Mujhse Shaadi Karogi|
|Favorite Hobbies||Singing, Poem Writing, Reading books & Photography|
|Favorite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Romance|
|Favorite Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Favorite Destination||Brazil, Paris & Mexico|
Priyanka Chopra’s Net Worth
|Salary ( Approx )||Rs 9-10 Crore Film |
$ 4 Million per Year for Tv Shows
|Income as in 2018||Rs 18 Crore / Annum|
|Net worth||$ 32 Million|
Some lesser-known facts about Priyanka Chopra
- Does Priyanka Chopra Smoke? Yes
- Does Priyanka Chopra drinks alcohol? N/A
- Priyanka Chopra is the daughter of Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra and his wife Dr. Madhu Akhouri. Her parents are Military Doctors.
- She is the Cousin sister of Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra and Mannara Chopra (aka Barbie Handa).
- She is the paternal granddaughter of Kasturi Lal Chopra and wife Champa Wat and maternal granddaughter of Manohar Kishan Akhouri, Congress of India Veteran, and wife Madhu Jyotsna.
- She was born in Jamshedpur, Bihar, India, and raised in various parts of India due to her parent’s profession. She relocated to different places such as Bareilly, Lucknow, Delhi, Pune, Ladakh, Mumbai, Chandigarh, and Ambala.
- She is the winner of Miss India and Miss World beauty pageants in 2000.
- She won the title of Femina Miss India contest in 2000 when she was just 18 years old. Bollywood actor Shaha Rukh Khan was one of the judges during that time.
- While shooting the song “Do Me A Favor, Let’s Play Holi” in the movie Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), she stepped on a live wire and received a shock. She was hospitalized for a day.
- Did her schooling at La Martinière in Lucknow. She completed tenth grade in Boston and wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist.
- Listed as number 2 of the ‘Top Bollywood Actresses’ of 2006. (rediff.com, 8-25-2006)
- Turned down a part in London Dreams (2009) because she could not provide the shooting dates as she was busy with other films.
- Listed #1 by UK magazine Eastern Eye one of “Asia’s Sexiest Women” (Sept/2006).
- Appeared on the cover of the premiere issue of Maxim magazine, the Indian version, released in 2006.
- In 2006, a toy company in England created a fashion doll based on Priyanka Chopra’s name and image. It was part of the “Bollywood Legend” series which also included stars Hrithik Roshani, Shah Rukh Khan, and Kajol. The dolls are now considered rare collector items.
- In 2015, Priyanka made history as the first Bollywood actress to get a leading role in a prime-time American TV show, Quantico (2015).
- Decorated with the Padma Shri, the fourth most important decoration of India.
- Famous Hollywood musician and actor Nick Jonas proposed on her birthday July 18, 2018, with whom she had started a relationship in the same year. In August, they were engaged in a traditional Punjabi Roka ceremony. They wed on the first weekend of December in Hindu and Christian ceremonies.
Priyanka Chopra’s Social Profile
Priyanka Chopra Instagram
Priyanka Chopra Twitter
Priyanka Chopra Youtube Channel
- Is Priyanka Chopra Married ?
- Yes, Actress Priyanka Chopra is married, She is married to her boyfriend Nick Jonas who is a famous American actor and model. The couple started dating in May 2018 and Jonas proposed to her on 19 July 2018, a day after her birthday in Crete, Greece.
- Who is Priyanka Chopra’s husband?
- Priyanka Chopra’s husband’s name is Nick Jonas, He is a well know actor and model from America.
- Who is Priyanka Chopra’s Boyfriend?
- Priyanka Chopra is married. She married her boyfriend Nick Jonas.
- How old is Priyanka Chopra?
- Priyanka Chopra is 40 years old.
- What is Priyanka Chopra’s daughter’s name?
- The couple had their first child in January 2022 via surrogacy. Her daughter’s name is not known yet.
- What is Priyanka Chopra’s height?
- Priyanka Chopra’s height is 1.65 meters.
- What is Priyanka Chopra’s eye color?
- Her eye color is Brown.