Mahima Chaudhry is a famous Indian actress and model who mainly works in Hindi films. She was the winner of Miss India in 1990 and had appeared in several television commercials before venturing into films. Mahima is a popular actress whose career came to a highlight with her performance in the 1975 film Pardes, where she played the role of Ganga. Before making her debut film, she was first noticed in a Pepsi commercial along with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Her career was launched by Subhash Ghai, who also launched the careers of Madhuri Dixit and Manisha Koirala.
She changed her name from Ritu Chaudhry to Mahima Chaudhry since Subhash Ghai has a superstitious belief about launching big careers with actresses whose names start with M. Mahima Chaudhry won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her outstanding performance in Pardes (1998). She was also awarded a Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut in Pardes (1998). Later on, she also won the Sansui Awards and Bollywood Movie Awards for Best Supporting Actress in the 2000 movie Dharkan.
Ritu Chaudhry is a well-known and established actress and model who later changed her name to Mahima Chaudhry. She was born in 1973 in Darjeeling, West Bengal. Mahima was born and raised in Darjeeling. She attended Dow Hill in Kurseong till class 10 and later moved to Loreto College in Darjeeling. Initially, after completing her graduate studies, she began her career as a model and has competed in many modeling competitions. She appeared in several TV ads, of which the most famous was for Pepsi, with Aamir Khan and Aishwarya Rai.
As a successful actress, Mahima has played a variety of roles, starting with a village girl in Pardes (1997). Other roles she has played include a dual role in Daag: The Fire (1999),  a widow forced to marry her brother-in-law in Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin (1999), and a widow forced to marry her brother-in-law in Dhadkan (2000). She plays a young bride forced to fight dowry in Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar (2001), and a stubborn tenant who will not give up her home at any cost in Om Jai Jagadish; in Dil Hai Tumhaara (2002), she is the loving homemaker; and in Om Jai Jagadish, she is the loving homemaker. In Film Star she plays an uptight, arrogant, fading actress; in Home Delivery (2005) she’s a South Indian superstar, and in Souten: The Other Woman (2006) she plays a desperate housewife who has an affair with her stepdaughter’s boyfriend.
In addition to doing many films, she has worked with many talented actresses, including Kajol Devgan, Shilpa Shetty, Amisha Patel, Urmila Matondkar, Manisha Koirala, Raveena Tandon, Rekha, Preity Zinta, Tabu, Padmini Kolhapure, and Hema Malini. In 2010, Chaudhary starred in a Knightsbridge Media Production film, Pusher, directed by Assad Raja, also starring comedian Mani Liaqat. She also worked in the thriller Mumbhaii-The Gangster, co-starring Om Puri and Sanjay Kapoor.
Talking about her personal life, As of now, she is 48 years old and a happily married woman. She married architect and businessman Bobby Mukherji in 2006. She has an 11-year-old daughter, Ariana, from her marriage. In 2013, she separated from Mukherji.
|Real Name||Ritu Chaudhry|
|Profession||Actress, Model, VJ|
|Know for||Her role as “Ganga” in the film “Pardas (1997)”|
|Date of Birth||13 September 1973 (Thursday)|
|Age||48 years old (2021)|
|Birth Place||Darjeeling, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Darjeeling, West Bengal|
|School||Dow Hill in Kurseong|
|Collage||Loreto College in Darjeeling|
Mahima Chaudhry Career
- Mahima Chaudhary is a successful actress who rose to utmost fame by appearing in commercially and critically successful movies comprising of Dhadkan, Daag, Dil Hai Tumhaara, Baghban, Kurukshetra amongst others and won critical admiration for her remarkable acting in Lajja, Dil Kya Kare, Dobara, Saaya, Sehar and Pyar Koi Khel Nahin. In 2008, after starring in Gumnaam, she took an interval from acting and once again made a comeback with the movie Dark Chocolate.
- Mahima Chaudhary was a video jockey on music channels, wherein she was observed by Subhash Ghai. He gave her a break in the film titled Pardes, which was released in the year 1997.
- Chaudhry has played a variety of roles, starting with a village girl in Pardes (1997).
- Her other roles were in Daag: The Fire (1999), where she played a dual role; in Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin (1999)
- Later on, she played a widow forced to marry her brother-in-law; in Dhadkan (2000)
- In the 2001, movie Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar she plays a young bride forced to fight dowry.
- In 2002, She plays a role of loving homemaker; in Dil Hai Tumhaara (2002)
|1999||Dil Kya Kare||Kavita Kishore|
|1999||Daag: The Fire||Kajri Verma / Kajal|
|1999||Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin||Nisha|
|2000||Kurukshetra||Anjali P. Singh|
|2000||Khiladi 420||Ritu Bhardwaj|
|2001||Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar||Saraswati|
|2002||Om Jai Jagadish||Ayesha|
|2002||Dil Hai Tumhaara||Nimmi|
|2003||Baghban||Arpita Alok Malhotra|
|2003||LOC Kargil||Reena Yadav|
|2004||Dobara||Dr. Anjali Sehgal|
|2005||Zameer: The Fire Within||Supriya Maheshwari|
|2005||Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye||Gulab Khan|
|2005||Film Star||Heera Pandit|
|2005||The Film||Sushmita Banerjee|
|2006||Souten: The Other Woman||Mitali ‘Mita’ R. Singh|
|2006||Sandwich||Sweet Singh / Sweety Shekar|
|2006||Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana||Anjali|
|2006||Hope and a Little Sugar||Saloni|
|2008||Gumnaam – The Mystery||Ria|
|2015||Mumbhaii – The Gangster||Gangster’s wife|
|2016||Dark Chocolate||Ishani Banerjee|
Mahima Chaudhry Family
|Father Name||Name not Known|
|Mother Name||Name not Known|
Mahima Chaudhry Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Mahima Chaudhry dated Indian tennis player Leander Paes before she broke up with him due to his affair with then-married Rhea Pillai. She married architect businessman Bobby Mukherji in 2006. She has an 11-year-old daughter Ariana from her marriage. The couple got separated in 2013.
|Affairs / Boyfriend||Leander Paes (tennis player)|
|Husband/ Spouse||Ex-husband- Bobby Mukherji (Architect)|
|Marriage date||19 March 2016|
|Children||Daughter – Ariana (Born 2007)|
Mahima Chaudhry Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Mahima Chaudhry Favourite
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Favourite Singer||Sonu Nigam|
|Favourite food||Chocolates, Butter Chicken|
|Favourite Color||Black, White|
|Favourite Destination||Dubai, London, Paris|
Mahima Chaudhry Education
|School||Dow Hill in Kurseong|
|Collage||Loreto College in Darjeeling|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree|
Mahima Chaudhry Net Worth
Some Unknown facts about Mahima Chaudhry
- Does Mahima Chaudhry smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mahima Chaudhry drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Her favorite movie of her own is Lajja (2001).
- Elder sister Akanksha was engaged to actor Apoorva Agnihotri.
- She started her Bollywood career at the age of 24 and won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her film Pardes.
- Before she entered Bollywood, she used to appear for TV ads and appeared with Amir Khan and Aishwarya Rai for an ad for Pepsi.
- Her stage was given to her by the renowned Bollywood director Subhash Ghai because he was superstitious that he has been successful with the actresses whose names started with M. Other than Mahima Chaudhary, he has also launched famous and talented actresses like Madhuri Dixit, Meenakshi Seshadri, and Manisha Koirala.
- Before she came to Delhi and got an offer for an ad, she had won a local modeling contest in Darjeeling.
- Mahima’s husband Bobby is best friend of her brother and he divorced his ex-wife once he met Mahima Chaudhary at hotelier’s seminar held in Las Vegas.
- She was selected out of 3000 auditions for the character of Ganga in the movie Pardes.
- She was chosen out of 3000 auditions for the role of Ganga in Pardes.
- She broke up with Leander Paes because as Mahima explained, the tennis player was having an affair with the Khalnayak’s (Sanjay Dutt) wife Rhea Pillai.
- In 1998, she was the Lux Face of the Year.
- She is currently acting in a movie called MumBhai – The Gangsters, which stars Om Puri and Sanjay Kapoor along with her.
- In the late 1990s she was one of the fittest Bollywood actress, but after becoming mother, she had gained a lot of weight. In 2017, she shed around 10 kg to weight.