Kangana Amardee Ranaut is an Indian actress and filmmaker who is known for acting in Hindi films. She was born on 23rd March 1987 at Bhambla, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh to Amardeep and Asha Ranaut. Her father is a businessman and her mother is a school teacher. She has an elder sister, Rangoli Chandel, and a brother, Akshat. Her grandfather was an officer for the Indian Administrative Service. Sarju Singh Ranaut, her great-grandfather, was a Member of the Legislative Assembly. She did her schooling at, DAV School, Chandigarh. During her school days, she wanted to be a doctor on the insistence of her parents. At the age of sixteen, Kangana took up modeling for a brief period. She joined Asmita Theatre Group, where she trained under theatre director Arvind Gaur. She also participated in several plays and earned positive reactions. Then, Kangana was admitted to Asha Chandra’s drama school. She was admitted to Nateshwar Nritya Kala Mandir for studying Kathak dance in 2009. In 2014, Kangana was admitted to the New York Film Academy.
Kangana made her film debut with the 2006 film Gangster. Her role in the film helped her to receive several positive reviews and her role was critically acclaimed. She even won several awards as Best Female Debut including Filmfare, and Zee Cine Awards. In that year, she also appeared in the film Woh Lamhe.
In 2007, she appeared in two films, Shakalaka Boom Boom and Life in a… Metro. She was praised for her role in Life in a.., Metro. For her role, Kangana received the Stardust Award for Breakthrough Performance – Female.
In 2008, Kangana appeared in the film Fashion. Many reviewers, marked this film as a landmark of her career. Her role was critically acclaimed. She even won National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress. She also won several other awards for her performance. In the same year, she made her Tamil debut with Dhaam Dhoom.
In 2009, Kangana made her Telugu debut with Ek Niranjan. She also appeared in the Bollywood film Raaz: The Mystery Continues and a special appearance in the film Vaada Raha.
In 2010, she starred in four films, Kites, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Knock Out and No Problem.
Kangana had six released in 2011. The films were, Tanu Weds Manu, Game, Ready (Special Appearance), Double Dhamaal, Rascals and Miley Naa Miley Hum. For her role in Tanu Weds Manu, Kangana was praised. Kangana considers a “game-changer” for her.
Tezz was her single release in 2012.
In 2013, she had three releases, Shootout at Wadala, Krrish 3 and Rajjo.
In 2014, Kangana acted in the most successful film in her life, Queen. Her performance received high acclaim from critics and a positive response. She won her second National Film Award for Best Actress. She also won several awards. She also appeared in two other films, Revolver Rani and Ungli in the same year.
2015, was another successful year for Kangana. She won the second consecutive National Film Award for Best Actress for her role in Tanu Weds Manu Returns. She won several other awards for her role. Her performance receives several positive reviews from critics. In the same year, she also appeared in two films, I Love NY and Katti Batti.
In 2017, Kangana appeared in two films, Rangoon and Simran. Both of her films failed at the box office but her role was praised. She got nominations for two films.
In 2019, Kangana won her fourth National Film Awards for Best Actress for the film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi. Judgementall Hai Kya is her second film in that year.
Panga was her only release of 2020.
She appeared in the film Thalaivii in 2021.
She was last seen in the film Dhaakad in 2022.
She has three upcoming films, including Tejas. Tiku Weds Sheru, The Incarnation: Sita.
She appeared as the host of the 2022 OTT reality show Lock Upp (Season 1).
Kangana launched her own production company, Manikarnika Films on 15th January 2020.
Kangana was listed in Celebrity 100 list by Forbes India in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019. In 2017, Kangana was featured in The Indian Express’s listing of the most powerful Indians. The Times of India ranked her among the top 10 of the Most Desirable Woman in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015. She was also listed in The Indian Express’s listing of the most powerful Indians in 2018, 2019 and 2022. Verve listed her among the most powerful women of 2010. The Indian edition of People named her the Best Dressed Personality in 2012. Also, Vogue India in 2013, featured her as one of the best-dressed women celebrities.
The media credited her as one of the best-dressed celebrities in the country and is known to be unspoken.
Kangana launched two clothing lines, Marquee in 2015 and Venice Cruise in 2016, with the collaboration of Vero Moda.
|Name||Kangana Amardeep Ranaut|
|Nick Name||Arshad, OTA (One Take Actor)|
|Profession||Actress, Writer, Director|
|Date of Birth||23 March 1986 (Sunday)|
|Age||35 Years (2022)|
|Birth Place||Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|School||DAV Model School, Sector 15, Chandigarh|
|Debut||Bollywood Film (Actress): Gangster (2006)|
Tamil Film (Actress): Dhaam Dhoom (2008)
Telugu Film (Actress): Ek Niranjan (2009)
Writer: Queen (2014)
Director: Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019)
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Address||A 4-BHK apartment in Khar, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Writing, Doing Yoga, Listening to Music|
Kangana Ranaut Career
- Kangana made her film debut with the 2006 film Gangster. In that year, she also appeared in the film Woh Lamhe.
- In 2007, she appeared in two films, Shakalaka Boom Boom and Life in a… Metro.
- In 2008, Kangana appeared in the film Fashion. In the same year, she made her Tamil debut with Dhaam Dhoom.
- In 2009, Kangana made her Telugu debut with Ek Niranjan. She also appeared in the Bollywood film Raaz: The Mystery Continues and a special appearance in the film Vaada Raha.
- In 2010, she starred in four films, Kites, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Knock Out and No Problem.
- Kangana had six released in 2011. The films were, Tanu Weds Manu, Game, Ready (Special Appearance), Double Dhamaal, Rascals and Miley Naa Miley Hum.
- Tezz was her single release in 2012.
- In 2013, she had three releases, Shootout at Wadala, Krrish 3 and Rajjo.
- In 2014, Kangana acted in the most successful film in her life, Queen. She also appeared in two other films, Revolver Rani and Ungli in the same year.
- In 2015, she appeared in three films, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, I Love NY and Katti Batti.
- In 2017, Kangana appeared in two films, Rangoon and Simran.
- In 2019, she appeared in two films, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi and Judgemental Hai Kya.
- Panga was her only release of 2020.
- She appeared in the film Thalaivii in 2021.
- She was last seen in the film Dhaakad in 2022.
- She appeared as the host of the 2022 OTT reality show Lock Upp (Season 1).
- Her upcoming film is Tejas.
Kangana Ranaut Family
|Father Name||Amardeep Ranaut (Businessman)|
|Mother Name||Asha Ranaut (Teacher)|
|Sister||Rangoli Ranaut (Elder, Manager)|
Kangana Ranaut Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
|Affairs / Boyfriend||Aditya Pancholi (Actor)|
Adhyayan Suman (Actor)
Ajay Devgan (Actor, Rumour)
Nicholas Lafferty (British Doctor)
Hrithik Roshan (Actor)
|Husband / Spouse||None|
Kangana Ranaut Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Kangana Ranaut Favourite
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn|
|Favourite Book||Mahatma Gandhi Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments With Truth by Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favourite Movie||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Piku, Bombay Velvet|
|Favourite Cuisine||Indian Food|
|Fashion Icone||Sonam Kapoor|
|Favourite Restaurant||KongPoush in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination||Paris, Milan, London, New York|
Kangana Ranaut Education
|School||DAV Model School, Sector 15, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
Kangana Ranaut Net Worth
|Net Worth||$10 million (as in 2017)|
|Salary||Rs. 14 crore/film (as in 2019)|
|Car Collection||Mercedes GLE|
Mercedes Maybach S-Class
BMW 7 Series
Some Unknown facts about Kangana Ranaut
- Does Kangana Ranaut smoke?: Yes
- Does Kangana Ranaut drink alcohol?: Yes
- Kangana is a non-vegetarian turned vegetarian.
- Kangana is one of the youngest Indian actresses to win the National Film Awards at the age of 22.
- Reportedly, Kangana was paid the highest amount of payment of 110 million rupees for Rangoon ever made to Bollywood actress for a film.
- Her first crush was English footballer, David Beckham.
- Kangana was thrown out when she wanted to join the Glamour world.
- She wrote her own dialogue for the film, Queen.
- In September 2017, Kangana appeared on Rajata Sharma’s Show ‘Aap Ki Adalat” where she revealed explosive things about her personal life and the Bollywood film industry.
- In 2021, She was conferred with Padma Shri (2020) by President Ram Nath Kovind at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
President Kovind presents Padma Shri to Ms Kangana Ranaut for Art. She is an Indian film actress and filmmaker, who is widely recognised as an actress par excellence. pic.twitter.com/xOqBAt1VoA— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) November 8, 2021
- She completed her acting skills at Asha Chandra’s acting school in Mumbai.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan are her favorite actors.
- Sridevi tops her list of favorite actresses.
- She likes to play Basketball.
- Kangana launched her production company “Manikarnika Films” at Pali Hills in Mumbai on 15 January 2020
- On 14 June 2020, actress Kangana spearheaded the row over nepotism in the Bollywood film industry following the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, following the same, she blamed several actors and directors for spreading the sense of nepotism in the industry. After her video gon viral, she was praised by people on various social media platforms.