Kajol Devgan is an Indian Film Actress. She was born on 5 August 1974, in Bombay, Maharashtra, India. Her birth name is Kajol Mukherjee. She is the daughter of Tanuja and Shomu Mukherjee. Her mother, Tanuja, is an actress, while her father Shomu Mukherjee, who died in 2008 after suffering cardiac arrest, was a film director and producer. She made her acting debut with the film Bekhudi in 1992, while she was in school. She subsequently quit her studies and had her first commercial success with the film Baazigar in 1993, opposite Shah Rukh Khan. She has been described in the media as one of the most successful actresses in the history of Hindi Cinema. In 2011, she was honored with Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honor of the country, by the Government of India. She played leading roles in such films as U Me Aur Hum (2008), We Are Family (2010), My Name Is Khan (2010), and Dilwale (2015). In 2020, her highest-grossing release came with the period film Tanhaji.
In addition to acting in films, she is a social activist and is noted for her work with widows and children. She has featured as a talent judge for the reality show Rock-N-Roll Family in 2008. She holds a managerial position at Devgan Entertainment and Software Ltd. On 24 February 1999, she married popular Actor Ajay Devgan in a traditional Maharashtrian ceremony at Devgan’s house. She gave birth to daughter Nysa on 20 April 2003. Seven years later, on 13 September 2010, she gave birth to a son, Yug.
|Date Of Birth||5 August 1974|
|Age||47 Years (as in 2021)|
|Profession / Occupation||Actress / Model (Hindi)|
|Mother Tongue||Marathi, Bengali|
|Height / Weight||5′ 3” / 57kg|
|First Movie||Bekhudi (1992, Hindi)|
|Debut||Bekhudi (1992, Hindi)|
Minsara Kanavu (1997, Tamil)
VIP 2 (2017, Telugu)
TV: Rock-N-Roll Family (2008, Judge, ZeeTV)
|Money Factor||9-12 Crores per movie|
Kajol Devgan Career
- In 1992, she started her acting career with the romantic drama film Bekhudi, where she played the role of Radhika.
- In 1993, she appeared in Abbas-Mustan’s crime thriller film Baazigar, co-starring Shah Rukh Khan and Shilpa Shetty. In this film Kajol played the role of Priya Chopra.
- In 1994, she appeared in the melodrama Udhaar Ki Zindagi as the granddaughter of the characters played by Jeetendra and Moushumi Chatterjee.
- In the same year, she played the role of Sapna in the film Yeh Dillagi alongside Akshay Kumar and Said Ali Khan.
- In 1995, she featured in five films. She played the role of Sonia Saxena in Karan Arjun, Kavita in Taaqat, Sharmili in Hulchul, Ritu in Gundaraj, and Simran Singh in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
- In 1996, she was seen in Vikram Bhatt’s film Bambai Ka Babu opposite Saif Ali Khan and Atul Agnihotri. In this film she played the role of Neha.
- In 1997, she made her debut in Tamil film Minsara Kanavu, where she played the role of Priya Amalraj.
- In the same year, she played the role of Isha Diwan in the mystery film Gupt: The Hidden Truth, Rani/Reshma Sharma in Hameshaa, and Kajal in the romantic film Ishq.
- In 1998, she played the leading lady in three romantic comedies, which were among the top-grossing Bollywood productions of the year – Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
- In the same year, she played dual roles in the drama Dushman.
- In 1999, she featured in three films, Dil Kya Kare as Nandita Rai, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hai as Megha, and Hote Hote Pyar Ho Gaya as Pinky.
- In 2000, she starred in the film Raju Chacha as Anna/Sanjana.
- In 2001, she played the role of Sweety/ Tina Khanna in Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi and Anjali Sharma in the melodrama film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham opposite Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2003, she made her special appearance in the song “Maahi Ve” as herself in the film Kal Ho Naa Ho.
- In 2006, she played the role of a blind Kashmiri girl in the romantic thriller film Fanaa.
- In the same year, she made her special appearance in the song “Rock-N-Roll Soniye” as herself in the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna.
- In 2007, she appeared in the song “Deewangi Deewangi” as herself in the film Om Shanti Om.
- In 2008, she was paired with her husband Ajay Devgan in the romantic comedy U Me Aur Hum, in which she played the role of an Alzheimer’s patient.
- In the same year, she appeared in two songs Oye Hoye from Haal-e-dil and Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- She has featured as a talent judge for the reality show Rock-N-Roll Family in 2008.
- In 2010, she reunited with Khan and Johar in the drama My Name Is Khan, in which she played an Indian-American Hindu married to a Muslim man.
- In the same year, she appeared in the family drama We Are Family, an adaption of the 1998 Hollywood film Stepmom.
- Also in 2010, she featured in Toonpur Ka Super Hero as Priya Kumar.
- In 2012, she appeared in the song The Disco Song as herself in the film Student of The Year.
- In 2015, she played the role of Meera Malik in action-romance Dilwale, opposite Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2017, she starred opposite Dhanush in the Tamil film Velaiilla Pattadhari 2.
- In the same year, she was cast as Vasundhara Parameshwar in the Telugu film VIP 2 .
- In 2018, she appeared in Pradeep Sarkar’s family drama, Helicopter Eela, in which she played the role of Eela Raitukar.
- In 2020, she played the role of Savitribai Malusare in the period drama Tanhaji, co-starring Ajay Devgan and Saif Ali Khan.
- In the same year, she played the role of Jyoti in the short film Devi.
- In 2021, she played the role of Anuradha Apte in Renuka Shahane’s social drama Tribhanga, which is telecast on Netflix.
- As of March 2021, she has three future projects including the biopic Sasi Lalitha, in which she played the titular character, Velaiilla Pattadhari 3, a sequel to Velaiilla Pattadhari 2, and Rajkumar Hirani’s untitled satirical comedy, where she will reunite with Shah Rukh Khan.
- In addition to acting in films, she is a social activist and is noted for her work with widows and children.
- She holds a managerial position at Devgan Entertainment and Software Ltd.
- She also made her debut in playback singing with two songs—”Mere Haath Mein” and “Chanda Chamke”—from Fanaa (2006).
- She worked as a dubber for the Hindi versions of S. S. Rajamouli’s Telugu-language fantasy film Eega and the computer-animated superhero film Incredibles 2.
Kajol Mukherjee Devgan Top(10) Movie’s:-
|Movie’s Name||Release Date|
|Baazigar||12 November 1993|
|Yeh Dillagi||6 May 1994|
|Dilwale Dhulhaniya Le Jayenge||20 October 1995|
|Gupt: The Hidden Truth||15 August 1997|
|Dushman||29 May 1998|
|Kuch Kuch Hota Hai||16 October 1998|
|Pyar To Hona Hi Tha||15 July 1998|
|Kabhi Khusi Kabhi Gham||14 December 2001|
|Fanaa||20 May 2006|
|My Name Is Khan||12 February 2010|
Kajol Devgan Family
Kajol Devgan is one of the most famous and well-known Bollywood celebrities, Kajol was born on 5 August 1974 in Bombay, Maharashtra, India. Her mother, Tanuja, is an actress, while her father Shomu Mukherjee—who died in 2008 after suffering cardiac arrest—was a film director and producer. she stated that she speaks English, Hindi, and Marathi, and “can understand Bengali” She has a younger sister, Tanishaa who is also a good actress & model.
|Father Name||Shomu Mukherjee (Director)|
|Mother Name||Tanuja Mukherjee (Actress)|
|Husband / Wife||Ajay Devgn|
Kajol Devgan Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Famous Bollywood Actress Kajol Devgan and Actor Ajay Devgan tied the knot with each other on February 24, 1999, and are proud parents of two adorable children, Nysa Devgan, and Yug Devgan. They met each other on the sets of Hulchul (1995) but started dating each other only a couple of years after they met each other.
|Affairs/ Boyfriend||Karthik (South Indian Actor)|
|Married Date||February 24, 1999|
|Children||Daughter -Nysa Devgan, |
Son– Yug Devgan
Kajol Devgan Physical Stats
Kajol is a well-known Bollywood Actress who is always in trend and everyone wants to know her body secret to always take fit and fine, As Kajol height is 161 cm and her weight is 57 Kg, her hairs are black in colors and she has Hazel color eye.
|Height in Centimeters||161cm|
|Height in Meters||1.61 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5′ 3”|
Kajol Devgan Education
|Education Qualification||School Dropout|
|School||St. Joseph’s Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|College / University||N/A|
Kajol Devgan Favourite
|Favorite Actor||Ajay Devgan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Spaghetti Salad with Olives, French Fries|
|Favorite Director||Adithya Chopra|
|Favorite Movie||Bollywood: Sholay, Chaalbaaz|
Hollywood: Casablanca, Ironman 3, Gone With The Wind
|Favorite Book||Notes to Myself|
|Favorite Sport||Not Known|
Kajol Devgan’s Net Worth
Kajol’s Net Worth is $24 Million (Rs. 180 Crores). Kajol was born on 5 August 1974 in Mumbai, India. She has never attended proper school, due to frequent traveling around the world. She was homeschooled. She is one of the most loved and appreciated actor worldwide in the film industry. Kajol is also involved with Relief Projects India, a charitable trust which rescues abandoned baby girls and works to prevent female infanticide. She was named the Most Desirable Woman in 2010 by The Times of India.
|Net Worth (2021)||$ 24 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||180 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||1 Crore +|
|yearly Income||12 Crore +|
|Last Updated||July 2021|
Kajol Devgan Awards & Nominations
Stars Screen Awards
- 1999, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Dushman
- 2002, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
- 2002, Star Screen Award Jodi No.1, with Shahrukh Khan, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
- 2010, Star Screen Award for Best Jodi of the Decade, with Shahrukh Khan
- 2016, Star Screen Award Jodi No.1, with Shahrukh Khan, Dilwale
- 1995, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Yeh Dillagi
- 1996, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 1999, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya
- 1999, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2000, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain
- 2000, Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actress, Dil Kya Kare
- 2007, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Fanaa
- 2007, Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1, with Aamir Khan, Fanaa
- 2009, Star Screen Award Best Actress, U, Me aur Hum
- 2011, Star Screen Award Best Actress, My Name Is Khan
- 1998, Zee Cine Award Best Actor in a Negative Role, Gupt: The Hidden Truth
- 1999, Zee Cine Award Best Actor -Female, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2002, Zee Cine Outstanding Performance – Female, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
- 2007, Zee Cine Award Best Actor – Female, Fanaa
- 1997, Zee Cine Award Best Actor-Female, Gupt: The Hidden Truth
- 1998, Zee Cine AwardBest Actor-Female, Dushman
- 1998, Zee Cine Award Best Actor – Female, Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya
- 1999, Zee Cine Award Best Actor – Female, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain
- 1999, Zee Cine Award Best Actor – Female, Dil Kya Kare
- 2002, Zee Cine Award Best Actor – Female, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
- 2010, Zee Cine Award Best Actor – Female, My Name Is Khan
|Bengal Film Journalists Association Awards||1995|
|Film Fare Awards||1995|
|Film Fare Awards||1996|
|Film Fare Awards||1998|
|Film Fare Awards||1999|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||2002|
|Star Screen Awards||1999|
|Star Screen Awards||2002|
|Star Screen Awards||2010|
|Zee Cine Awards||1998|
|Zee Cine Awards||1999|
|Zee Cine Awards||2000|
Kajol Devgan Most Popular Videos
Some Unknown facts about Kajol Devgan
- Does Kajol Smoke?: No
- Does Kajol drink alcohol?: No
- Kajol is a famous Indian actress who is famous for her role in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
- She is the daughter of Tanuja Samarth and Shomu Mukherjee and the niece of Nutan.
- She is half Bengali from his father’s side and half Maharashtrian from his mother’s side.
- Besides Hindi and English, she can speak Marathi but get problems speaking Bengali.
- She belongs to a family of actors and is a fourth-generation actress. She started her acting career at the age of 16, while she was doing her schooling.
- She got pregnant for the first time in 2001, however, she suffered a miscarriage.
- Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan’s film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is the Record-Breaking Bollywood Rom-Com Celebrating 1000 Weeks in Cinemas.
- Kajol is the cousin of Bollywood actresses Rani Mukerji, Sharbani Mukherji, Raj Mukherjee and Mohnish Behl.
- In 2001, she retired temporarily from Bollywood to spend more time with her family.
- She met her husband Ajay Devgn for the first on the set of the 1995 film Gundaraj while shooting in Mahabaleshwar. Their first meeting was not successful, as Kajol didn’t like him initially. But as time passes they fall in love.
- Not many know but, her wedding to Ajay Devgn was a quiet affair to which only a few close friends and relatives were invited.
- In 2006, she made her place in the miniature dole set, along with actor Shah rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, and actress Priyanka Chopra.
- On February 1, 2010, Kajol with Shahrukh Khan became the first Indian movie stars to ring the opening bell of the New York Stock Exchange, while they were promoting their film My Name Is Khan.
Kajol Devgan’s Social Media Profile
Kajol Devgan Instagram Profile
- Who is Kajol’s husband?
- Actress Kajol is married to a famous Indian Actor and model Ajay Devgn.
- What is the age of Kajol ?
- Kajol is 47 Years old as of 2022.
- How old is Kajol ?
- Kajol is 47 Years old as of 2021
- Who is Kajol sister ?
- Tanishaa Mukerji is the Kajol sister.
- When is Kajol’s birthday?
- Kajol celebrates her birthday on 5 August every year.
- What is Kajol Son name ?
- Kajol’s son’s name is Yug Devgan.
- What is Kajol’s daughter’s name?
- Kajol daughter’s name is Nysa Devgan.