Devoleena Bhattacharjee is an Indian Television Actress. She was born on 22 August 1985, in Sivasagar, Assam, India. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Gopi Ahem Modi’ in Star Plus’s TV serial ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya‘. She is one of the highest paid Indian Television actress. She made her acting debut in NDTV Imagine’s Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto as Bani. She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer. She also participated in dance reality show Dance India Dance season 2. In 2017, Devoleena made her singing debut with the song “Hey Gopal Krishna Karu Aarti Teri”. She is also participating in India’s biggest reality show Bigg Boss season 13 as a contestant in 2019. In 2020, she reprised her role as Gopi Modi in the second season of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya for promoting the show.
|Date of birth||22 August 1985|
|Birthplace||Sivasagar, Assam, India|
|Age (as in 2021)||36 years old|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Dancer, Singer|
|Famous Role||‘Gopi Ahem Modi’ in “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya“|
|Hometown||Sivasagar, Assam, India|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Acting, Dancing, Singing, Cooking, Doing Yoga, Gardening|
|Years active||2010- present|
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Devoleena Bhattacharjee is approximately 5 feet 4 Inches and the body weight is around 52 kg. She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly. Her body type is hourglass slim and her full body measurement is approximately 32-24-34 inches. She has stylish black colour hair and sparkling star-like Brown colour eyes. She has got many tattoos inked on her body, which includes, ‘an infinity design which has Faith And Family written in between’ on her back, ‘a lotus flower’ on her lower waist (right side), a ‘breathe’ symbol on her wrist, ‘free spirit’ written on the left side midriff, and the words ‘Every Breath is a Choice, the optimist with leaves and birds’ on her left foot.
|Height||5’4″ (163 cm)|
|Weight||52 kg (114 lbs)|
|Tattoo(s)||On The Back – An infinity design which has ‘Faith’ & ‘Family’ written in BetweenOn The Lower Waist (right side) – Lotus FlowerOn The Left Wrist – ‘Breathe’ symbolOn The Mid- Riff (left side) – ‘Free Spirit’On The Left Foot – ‘Every Breath is a choice, the optimist’ with leaves and birds|
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Family Background –
Devoleena Bhattacharjee was born into a Bengali Brahmin Family. Her father passed away in 1997. He was an employee of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC). Her mother’s name is Anima Bhattacharjee, who is an Assamese. She speaks both, Bengali and Assamese languages and follows both the traditions. She has a younger brother, Andeep Bhattacharjee.
|Father||Name not known (Former employee of the oil and Natural Gas Corporation; died in 1997)|
|Brother||Andeep Bhattacharjee (younger)|
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Educational Qualification –
She did her schooling from Godhula Brown Memorial English High School, Sivasagar, Assam. After that, she graduated in Commerce (Accountancy Honours). Then, she did a course in Jewellery Designing and Development from the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi.
|School||Godhula Brown Memorial English High School, Sivasagar, Assam|
|College||National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy Honours), Course in Jewellery Designing and Development from NIFT, New Delhi|
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Marital status of Devoleena Bhattacharjee is Unmarried. Her rumored boyfriend’s name is Vishal Singh, who played the role of Jigar in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.
|Affairs/ Boyfriends||Vishal Singh (rumoured)|
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Early Life –
Devoleena Bhattacharjee was born on 22 August 1985 to a Bengali family in Upper Assam. She lives in Gurugram with her mother and her younger brother.
After completing her graduation, she started working as a Jewellery Designer in Gili India Ltd., Mumbai. She was inclined towards music and dance from a very young age. She started learning classical music when she was 6 years old and has attained Sangeet Visharad Part 1 in Classical Music from Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. She is also a trained Bharatanatyam dancer and has received her training from Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai. She has won many dance competitions.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Food||Bhapa Ilish, Matar paneer|
|Favourite Cuisines||Indian, Continental, Italian|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||AD Singh|
|Favourite Cartoon||Chota Bheem|
|Favourite Colour||Grey, green|
|Favourite Singer||Sonu Nigam|
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Net worth –
The net worth of Devoleena Bhattacharjee is estimated to be $3 Million dollars. Her source of Income is mostly from being a successful TV actress.
|Net worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Income||Actress|
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Career –
- Initially, she worked as ornament designer at Gill India Ltd, Mumbai.
- In 2010, she started her television career by participating in the dance reality show “Dance India Dance” season 2 as a contestant.
- After that, she made her acting debut in 2011 with the TV serial “Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto” in which she played the role of ‘Baani.’
- From 2012 to 2017, she played the role of Gopi Ahem Modi in Star Plus’s “Saath Nibhana Saathiya” where she replaced Giaa Manek.
- Devoleena has made special appearances in the TV serials “Diya Aur Baati Hum”, “Ye Hai Mohabbatein”, and “Choti Sardarni”.
- She has also participated in reality shows like “Killerr Karaoke Atka Toh Latkah” and “Box Cricket League 3”.
- In 2017, Devoleena made her singing debut with the song “Hey Gopal Krishna Karu Aarti Teri”.
- In 2019, she entered the game reality show “Bigg Boss season 13” as a contestant.
- In 2020, she reprised her role as Gopi Modi in the second season of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya for promoting the show. Although she was seen in just the first 31 episodes and her last episode was telecasted on 23 November 2020.
- She also appeared as a Guest in serials such as Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Teri Meri Love Stories, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Comedy Classes and Tere Sheher Mein.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Television –
- Dance India dance 2 as contestant (2010)
- Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto as Gurbaani Dhillon/ Bani Kaur Dhillon (2011-2012)
- Saath Nibhana Saathiya as Gopi Ahem Modi (2012-2017)
- Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai guest (as Gopi) (2012)
- Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam Doon? guest (as Gopi) (2012)
- Teri Meri Love Stories guest (as Gopi) (2012)
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai guest (as Gopi) (2013)
- Comedy Classes guest (as Gopi) (2014)
- Tere Sheher Mein guest (as Gopi) (2015)
- Killerr Karaoke Atka Toh Latkah as contestant (2015)
- Box Cricket League 2 as contestant (2016)
- Diya Aur Baati Hum guest (as Gopi) (2016)
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein guest (as Gopi) (2016)
- Kumkum Bhagya as Herself/Guest (2016)
- Chandrakanta- Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha as Jia (2017)
- Laal Ishq as Manorama (2018)
- Choti Sardarni as Guest/ Cameo (2019)
- Bigg Boss 13 as contestant (2019)
- Saath Nibhana Saathiya 2 as Gopi Modi (2020)
- Gangs of Filmistaan guest (as Gopi) (2020)
- Taare Zameen Par guest (as Gopi) (2020)
- Bigg Boss 14 as guest (2021)
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Web series –
- Sweet Lie as Sonali Ashish (2019)
- Lunch Stories as Devoleena Bhattacharjee (2021)
Music Videos –
- Hey Krishna Gopal Karun Aarti Teri (2017)
- Ramdhenu (2019)
Some lesser known facts about Devoleena Bhattacharjee –
- Does Devoleena Bhattacharjee Smoke? Not known
- Does Devoleena Bhattacharjee Drink Alcohol? Yes
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on many occasions.
- She is Bengali from the father ‘s side and Assamese from the mother ‘s side.
- She had a deep interest in music and dance since childhood.
- She began learning classical music when she was 6 years old and has attained Sangeet Visharad Part 1 in Classical Music from Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow.
- She is also a trained Bharatanatyam Dancer.
- Before becoming an actress, she had appeared in a number of plays like ‘Miri Jiyor’, ‘Annie Frank’s Diary’, ‘Ashimot Jaar Heeral Hima’, and ‘Sonitkuwari’.
- Once, she participated in Sangeet Natak Academy’s youth festival and won the best actress award for the play- ‘Maya.’
- In 2010, she participated in the dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance’ Season 2 that was aired on Zee TV.
- She made her acting debut in 2011 with the TV serial “Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto” in which she played the role of ‘Baani.’
- In 2012, she replaced Giaa Manek for the role of ‘Gopi’ in the TV serial “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya” and received huge popularity.
- In 2019, she entered the game reality show “Bigg Boss 13” as a contestant.
- Bhattacharjee is a food buff and loves to try new dishes.
- Devoleena was one of the highest-paid television actresses during 2014-2017.
- She has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a pet named Angel Bhattacharjee.
- In 2013, she injured herself on the sets of her show “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya“, due to which she had to undergo a backbone surgery.
- According to Devoleena, her dream role would be to Portray the role of “Kumud” in the TV serial ‘Saraswatichandra’.
- She has advertised for many big brands.
- She is very fond of car collection, she goes with her favourite Mercedes to reach the set.
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Social Profile
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Instagram Profile
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Twitter Profile
Assam https://t.co/9vXtmaMlRs— Devoleena Bhattacharjee (@Devoleena_23) May 18, 2021