Ankita Lokhande is an Indian film and television actress who is best known for playing the role of ‘Archana Manav Deshmukh’ in the TV serial “Pavitra Rishta” (2009). She is a talented and hardworking actress who made her debut with the 2007 television reality show India’s Best Cinestar’s Ki Khoj where she appeared as a Contestant. Afterward, In 2011, she participated on Colors TV’s dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4. In the same year, she also participated in another reality show Comedy Circus along with Kapil Sharma. She also appeared in the action thriller film Baaghi 3 (2020). She was one of the highest-paid television actresses until she retired in 2018 to foray into films.
She made her film debut with the 2019 Hindi-language period drama film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi. The movie was directed by Krish Jagarlamudi and Kangana Ranaut. In the following film, she played the role of JhalkariBai. later on, she was seen in the 2020 film Baaghi 3 starring Tiger Shroff, Riteish Deshmukh, and Shraddha Kapoor.
.Ankita Lokhande was born on 19 December 1984, in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. Her real name is Tanuja Lokhande. She is the elder daughter of Vandana Phadnis Lokhande and Shashikant Lokhande. As she was always interested in acting from a very young age. While in college, she used to perform at the Ganpati Utsav and Navratri festivals.
Talking about her successful career, she has won various awards and nominations for acting skills. She is the winner of the 3rd Boroplus Gold Awards 2010, GR8! The face of The Year (Female) 2010, Best Actress in Drama Series 2011, Best Actress in a Lead Role 2011, and many more others for her amazing performance in the television show Pavitra Rishta.
|Real Name||Tanuja Lokhande|
|Other Name||Ankita Lokhande|
|Full Name||Ankita Shashikant Lokhande|
|Nickname||Anki and Minty|
|Date of birth||19 December 1984|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Age (as in 2021)||37 years old|
|Famous Role||‘Archana Manav Deshmukh’ in the TV serial “Pavitra Rishta”|
|Debutv||Film: Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019)|
TV: Pavitra Rishta (2009)
|Hometown||Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Current Residence||Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Swimming, Shopping, Playing Badminton, Listening to music|
|Years active||2004- present|
Ankita Lokhande Career –
- Ankita Lokhande started her acting career in 2009 with Ekta Kapoor‘s romantic drama, “Pavitra Rishta.” She played the role of ‘Archana Deshmukh’ in the serial and became a household name.
- In 2011, she participated in the dance reality show, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 4″.
- In the same year, Ankita participated in the comedy reality TV show, “Comedy Circus.”
- Next, she played the role of ‘Pragya’ in the TV serial, ‘Ek Thhi Naayka’.
- In 2019, Ankita made her film debut by playing the role of ‘Jhalkari Bai’ in the film, “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi.”
- In 2020, she also appeared in the action thriller film Baaghi 3.
Ankita Lokhande Family Background –
Ankita Lokhande belongs to a Maharashtrian Hindu Family. Her father’s name is Shashikant Lokhande, who is a news reporter and her mother’s name is Vandana Pandis Lokhande, who is a teacher. She has a younger brother, Sooraj Lokhande and a younger sister, Jyoti Lokhande.
|Father||Shashikant Lokhande (a news reporter)|
|Mother||Vandana Pandis Lokhande (Teacher)|
|Brother||Sooraj Lokhande (younger)|
|Sister||Jyoti Lokhande (younger)|
Ankita Lokhande Marital status/ Relationship and More –
The marital status of Ankita Lokhande is married. She was in a relationship with her Pavitra Rishta co-star, Sushant Singh Rajput. The duo dated each other for around 6 years and then ended their relationship in 2016. Reportedly, the reason behind their break-up was Sushant’s growing friendship with the Bollywood actress, Kriti Sanon. After her break-up with Sushant, Ankita found love in the businessman, Vicky Jain. In 2019, she announced her relationship with Vicky Jain.
Recently, Actress Ankita Lokhande married her longtime boyfriend Vicky Jain who is a businessman. The couple got married in a private ceremony on 14 December 2021 in Mumbai. In February 2022, she participated in Star Plus’s Smart Jodi with her husband, Vicky Jain, subsequently becoming the winner of Season 1.
|Affairs/ Boyfriends||Sushant Singh Rajput (Ex-boyfriend, Actor), |
Vicky Jain (Businessman)
|Marriage Date||14 December 2021|
Ankita Lokhande Height/ Weight & Physical State –
The height of Ankita Lokhande is 5 feet 5 inches and her body weight is around 55 kg. The full body measurement of Ankita Lokhande is 34-28-35 inches. She has stylish Brown colour hair and also sparkling star-like black colour eyes.
|Height||5’5″ (165 cm)|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
Ankita Lokhande Favourite Things –
|Favourite Actor(s)||Paul Walker, Simon Helbert|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Shilpa Shetty, Sri Devi|
|Favourite Food||Bhindi, Dal Fry, Butter Chicken|
|Favourite Restaurant||Urban Tadka in Mumbai|
|Favourite Music||Soft Romantic Songs, Ghazals|
Ankita Lokhande Educational Qualification –
She did her schooling and graduated from Indore, and from there, she completed her degree in graduation.
|School||She did her schooling in Indore|
|College||She did her graduation from Indore|
Ankita Lokhande Net worth –
The net worth of Ankita Lokhande is estimated to be $3 Million dollars. She charges Rs. 1 lakh per episode. Her source of income is mostly from being a successful TV actress.
|Salary||Rs. 1 Lakh/ Episode|
|Net worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Income||Acting|
Some lesser-known facts about Ankita Lokhande –
- Does Ankita Lokhande Smoke?
- Does Ankita Lokhande Drink Alcohol? Yes
- She was active in sports in her childhood and was a state-level Badminton player.
- In 2009, she made her acting debut with Zee TV’s ‘Pavitra Rishta’ and became an overnight sensation with her character of. ‘Archana’.
- She did not like Sushant Singh Rajput initially on the sets of ‘Pavitra Rishta’. However, with the passage of time, they both fell in love and were in a live-in relationship for around 6 years before they split in 2016.
- In 2011, Ankita took part in the dance reality show, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”.
- She also participated in the reality show, “Comedy Circus”.
- Lokhande played the role of ‘Pragya’ in the TV serial, “Ek Thhi Naayka”.
- It was rumoured that she will be a part of the movie Padmaavat.
- She appeared in Bigg Boss as a Guest to support Rashmi Desai.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Anki and Minty and her boyfriend, Vicky Jain lovingly calls her ‘Babs’.
- Ankita bagged a role in Jay Mehta’s ‘Bali Umar Ko Salaam’, on NDTV but the show did not go on air.
- Lokhande was the first choice for the Bollywood Film, “Happy New Year”. However, later she was replaced by Deepika Padukone.
- Ankita is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Scotch.
- Lokhande was an average student in her school and college days.
- She loves dancing and is a trained dancer.
- Initially, her parents were not happy with her decision of becoming an actress.
- Ankita is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- In 2020, Ankita posted a picture on her Instagram account flaunting a diamond ring after which there were rumours of her engagement with her boyfriend, Vicky Jain.
- She is good friends with many TV celebrities including Rashami Desai, Nandish Sandhu, Jay Bhanushali, Mahhi Vij, and Ragini Khanna.
- She auditioned for Salman Khan’s film Sultan, however, Anushka Sharma bagged the role.