Alka Kaushal is an Indian Actress and Producer. She mainly works in Hindi and Marathi TV serials. She was born on 2 September 1969, in Delhi, India. She is best known for her roles in TV shows such as Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan and Qubool Hai. She is also known for the television shows Nazar 2, Bahu Begam, Kammal. She has played supportive roles in numerous Hindi TV serials. She mainly played negative characters in TV serials. She has appeared in the popular Hindi TV serials like ‘Prratima’, ‘Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan’, ‘Hamari Sister Didi’, ‘Swaragini – Jodein Rishton Ke Sur’, ‘Santoshi Maa’ etc. She has also worked in Bollywood films. She has appeared in the popular Hindi film like Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Queen and Dharam Sankat Mein. She started her career through Theatre. Kaushal has been active in the television industry since 1999. Since December 2020, she is playing Devi Sabherwal in Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahani.
|Other Name||Alka Badola|
|Date of birth||2 September 1969|
|Age (as in 2021)||52 years old|
|Profession||Actress, Producer, Entrepreneur|
|Famous Role||As Kareena Kapoor’s Mother In Bajrangi Bhaijaan|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Years active||1994- present|
Alka Kaushal Career –
- Alka Kaushal started her career as a theatre artist.
- She started her television career with Ramesh Sippy’s TV Show Gathaa.
- Later, she acted in the TV show Tum Pukar Lo and Manzilein Apni Apni.
- She has also worked in TV serials like Faasle, 9 Malabar Hill, Sansar, Kartavya and Kammal.
- From 2002-2007, she appeared in the TV serial Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan in which she played the role of Sukanya Wadhwa.
- From 2004-2005, she appeared in TV serial Prratima as Asha Dharmesh Thakur.
- From 2009-2010, she played the role of Choti Maa in the TV serial Jyoti.
- From 2012-2015, she appeared in Zee TV’s serial Qubool Hai, in which she played the role of Razia Gafoor Ahmed Siddiqui.
- In 2014, she played the role of Mrs. Kapoor in the TV serial Hamari Sister Didi.
- In the same year, she appeared in the film Queen as Mrs. Mehra.
- From 2015-2016, she appeared in Colors TV’s series Swaragini – Jodein Rishton Ke Sur, in which she played the role of Parvati Deendayal Gadodia.
- In 2015, she portrayed the role of Dharam Pal’s wife in the film Dharam Sankat Mein.
- In the same year, she played the role of Kareena Kapoor’s mother in the Bollywood Film Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
- In 2016, she played the role of Tarkeshwari Singh in Sarojini.
- In 2017, she played the character of Kranti Maa in the TV serial Santoshi Maa.
- In 2018, she appeared in the film Veere Di Wedding as Mrs. Santosh Bhandari.
- In the same year, she played the role of Tapsee’s mother in the film Soorma and Ayushmann Khurrana’s Aunt (Gudan Bhua) in Badhaai Ho.
- In 2019, she played the role of Ghazala Mirza in Bahu Begam and Fancy in Shaadi Ke Siyape.
- In 2020, she played the role of Sita Choudhury in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Narmada Choudhary in Nazar 2, and Tara Bai in Colors TV’s Barrister Babu.
- Since December 2020, she is playing Devi Sabherwal in Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahani.
Alka Kaushal Family Background –
She was born into the family of an established stage and TV artist. Her father’s name is Vishwa Mohan Badola who has been a famous film Producer. Her mother’s name is Susheela Badola, who has been a famous film director. She has one brother and one sister. Her brother is a famous Indian television Actor (Varun Badola). Alka Kaushal’s sister’s name is Kalindi Badola who worked as RJ on Radio Mirchi. She is living in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
|Father||Vishwa Mohan Badola (Stage Artist)|
|Brother||Varun Badola (Younger, Actor)|
|Sister||Kalindi Badola (RJ on Radio Mirchi, Younger)|
Alka Kaushal Marital status/ Relationship and More –
Marital status of Alka Kaushal is married. Kaushal married Ravi G Kaushal, who is a popular film director and producer. The couple have started their own production house, Mangalam Arts. She has a beautiful daughter named Shhambhavi Kaushal.
|Affairs/ Boyfriends||Not known|
|Husband||Ravi G. Kaushal (TV Producer and Director)|
|Marriage Date||Not known|
|Children||Daughter – Shhambhavi Kaushal Son – Not Known|
Alka Kaushal Controversies –
In July 2017, Alka Kaushal and her mother were sentenced to 2 years of imprisonment for the cheque bounce case (Rs. 50 Lakh) by the district court of Sangrur, Punjab.
Alka Kaushal Height/ Weight & Physical State –
She looks very beautiful. The height of Alka Kaushal is approximately 5 feet 6 inches and the body weight is around 75 Kg. She has an attractive personality. Her full body measurements are 38-30-38 inches. She has stylish black colour hair and beautiful Hazel eyes.
|Height||5’6″ (168 cm)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lbs)|
Alka Kaushal Educational Qualification –
Alka Kaushal graduated with an Acting Diploma from the National School of Drama, New Delhi.
|College||National School of Drama, New Delhi|
Alka Kaushal Favourite Things –
|Favourite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar|
Alka Kaushal Net worth –
The net worth of Alka Kaushal is estimated to be between $2 Million – $4 Million dollars. Alka Kaushal’s income source is mostly from being a successful Actress.
|Net worth (2021)||$2 Million – $4 Million dollars|
|Source of Income||Acting|
Some lesser known facts about Alka Kaushal –
- Does Alka Kaushal Smoke? No
- Does Alka Kaushal Drink Alcohol? Not known
- She mainly works in Hindi and Marathi TV serials.
- She was born into the family of an established stage and TV artist.
- She learned acting and drama skills from the Repertory- National School of Drama in Delhi.
- After completing the course, she moved to Mumbai to make her career in the acting field.
- She started her acting career as a TV actress in 1999.
- She earned popularity by usually playing supporting and negative roles.
- She has appeared in the popular Hindi TV serials like ‘Prratima’, ‘Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan’, ‘Hamari Sister Didi’, ‘Swaragini – Jodein Rishton Ke Sur’, ‘Santoshi Maa’ etc.
- She is remembered for her role of Kareena Kapoor’s mother in the Bollywood movie ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, Kangana Ranaut’s mother in ‘Queen’, and Paresh Rawal’s wife in ‘Dharam Sankat Mein’.
- She is also a producer and owns the production house name ‘Mangalam Arts’ alongside her husband Ravi G Kaushal.