Alia Bhatt is a British actress and singer of Indian descent who is known for acting in Bollywood films. She was born on 15th March 1993 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India to Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan. Her father is a famous Indian film director and her mother is an actress. She has an elder sister, Shaheen Bhatt. She has two half-siblings, Pooja and Rahul Bhatt. Actor Emraan Hashmi and director Mohit Suri are her Parental cousins. Producer Mukesh Bhatt is her uncle. She attended Jamnabai Narsee School but dropped out in class 12. She learned dancing from Shaimak Devar’s institute.
Alia made her acting debut in 1999 with the movie Sangharsh. Alia got her breakthrough with the 2012 film, Student of the Year. Alia’s first lead role in a movie. Alia got several positive reviews and was praised for her performance. The film also become a commercial success. She got six nominations for Best Female debut for her performance in the film.
Alia’s next movie was Highway in 2014. Alia has said that several aspects of her character’s journey mirrored her own, as it was the first time she experienced situations that were different from her own privileged upbringing. Alia got heavy strong reviews from film critics and reviewers. The film and her acting were also praised by the audience. She won two awards, and five nominations for best actress for the film. In that year, she appeared in four other films, 2 states, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, Ugly, and the short film Going Home. She won three awards and three nominations for her performance in the film, 2 states, and Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania.
In 2015, Alia appeared in the film Shaandaar. Alia was praised for her role, but the film saw negative results at box offices and from reviewers.
In 2016, Alia appeared in four films, Kapoor & Sons, Udta Punjab, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (cameo appearance in the Breakup Song), and Dear Zindagi. She won five best actress awards for her performance in the film Udta Punjab. Alia again garnered strong reviews and was praised for her role in the movie. Raja Sen of Rediff.com wrote that she “commits to her accent and deals with the film’s most unsavory section, and is stunning during an incendiary speech that elevates the entire film to a whole other level.” As well, she was nominated for the five best actresses nomination for her role in Dear Zindagi. She received critically acclaimed for her role in Kapoor & Sons.
In 2017, Alia appeared in Badrinath Ki Dulhania. She received four nominations and two awards for Best Actress.
In 2018, Alia appeared in the films, Welcome to New York, Raazi, and Zero(cameo appearance). Raazi becomes one of the highest-grossing female-led Hindi films. For her performance in the film, She won another Best Actress award at Filmfare. She also won four other awards for Best Actress.
In 2019, Alia appeared in the films, Gully Boy, Kalank, and Student of the Year 2(Cameo Appearance). She attended acting workshops to learn a ghetto dialect to enable her to improvise on set. She won four Best Actress awards for her performance in the movie.
In 2020, she acted in the film Sadak 2.
In 2022, Alia appeared in the film Gangubai Kathiawadi, She reared for the film in several ways. She watched films about prostitution. Again Alia received several positive reviews from critics and reviewers and appraisals from the audience. This year she made her Telugu debut with RRR.
Alia’s next upcoming film is Bramhastra – Part 1 Shiva. Her other upcoming films are Darlings, Rocky Aur Rani Ki rem Kahani, and Heart of Stone.
She has performed as a playback singer in the film Highway for the song “Sooha Saaha.” She sang the unplugged version of the Samjhawan, Ikk Kudi.
She also appeared in three music videos, such as “Prada”, “Smile Deke Dekho” and “Kudi Nu Nachne De”.
In 2013, Bhatt took part in a campaign for PETA to raise awareness of homeless animals. In 2017, she launched an ecological initiative named CoExist to raise awareness about the welfare of street animals. In 2014, Alia designed her own clothing brand for women for the online fashion portal Jabong.com and in 2018, she launched her own line of handbags for VIP industries.
In 2017, Alia was featured in Forbes Asia in their 30 Under 30 list, and in 2020, Forbes Asia featured her in their 100 Digital Stars list. She also appeared on Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list in 2014. Ali became the highest-paid actress in India in 2019 to Forbes India. In 2018 and 2019, the Indian edition of GQ featured her among the nation’s 50 most influential young people and credited her for “striking a balance between big-budget, all-star blowouts, and more script-oriented films”.In the same year, Alia was featured in The Times of India’s “50 Most Desirable Women” list. In the same year, the market research firm YouGov named her India’s ninth most influential celebrity. Femina magazine featured her in listings of women achievers in 2019 and 2021. In 2022, she was ranked in the 97th position in The Indian Express’s listing of the most powerful Indians.
Alia is also the celebrity endorser for a number of brands and products, including Coca-Cola, Garnier, Maybelline, etc.
Alia married actor Ranbir Kapoor on 14th April 2022.
Apart from acting, Bhatt launched her own production company, Eternal Sunshine Productions in 2019.
|Date of Birth||15 March 1993|
|Age||29 years (2022)|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Address||205, Silver Beach Apartments, B Wing, A. B. Nair Road, Next To Guestline Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|Collage||Did Not Attend|
|Debut||Film (Child Artist): Sangharsh (1999)|
Film (Lead Role): Student of the Year (2012).
(Film) (Playback Singer): “Sooha Saha” from Highway (2014)
|Caste/Ethnicity||Gujarati (father-side); Kashmiri & German (mother-side)|
|Hobbies||Singing, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga, Travelling, Cooking, Playing the Piano|
Alia Bhatt Career:
- Alia made her acting debut in 1999 with the movie Sangharsh. Alia got her breakthrough with the 2012 film, Student of the Year. Alia’s first lead role in a movie.
- Alia’s next movie was Highway in 2014. Alia. In that year, she appeared in four other films, 2 states, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, Ugly, and the short film Going Home.
- In 2015, Alia appeared in the film Shaandaar.
- In 2016, Alia appeared in four films, Kapoor & Sons, Udta Punjab, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (cameo appearance in the Breakup Song), and Dear Zindagi.
- In 2017, Alia appeared in Badrinath Ki Dulhania.
- In 2018, Alia appeared in the films, Welcome to New York, Raazi, and Zero(cameo appearance).
- In 2019, Alia appeared in the films, Gully Boy, Kalank, and Student of the Year 2(Cameo Appearance).
- In 2020, she acted in the film Sadak 2.
- In 2022, Alia appeared in the film Gangubai Kathiawadi, In the year she made her Telugu debut with RRR.
- She has performed as a playback singer in the film Highway for the song “Sooha Saaha.” She sang the unplugged version of the Samjhawan, Ikk Kudi.
- She also appeared in three music videos, such as “Prada”, “Smile Deke Dekho” and “Kudi Nu Nachne De”.
Alia Bhatt Family
|Father Name||Mahesh Bhatt (Director, Producer, Screenwriter)|
|Mother Name||Soni Razdan (Actress, Director)|
|Brother||Rahul Bhatt (step-brother; a fitness trainer)|
|Sister||Pooja Bhatt (half-sister)|
Shaheen Bhatt (Elder)
Alia BhattRelationship / Marital Status & Many More
|Marital Status||Married |
|Affairs / Boyfriend|
Ramesh Dubey (childhood boyfriend, class 6th)
Ali Dadarkar (childhood boyfriend, class 8th)
Varun Dhawan (Actor, Rumoured)
Kavin Mittal (Businessman, Rumoured)
Sidharth Malhotra (Actor)
Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|Husband / Spouse||Ranbir Kapoor|
|Marriage date||14 April 2022|
|Marriage Place||Vastu Building in Mumbai|
Alia Bhatt Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 54 Kg|
In Pounds – 119lbs
Alia Bhatt Favourite
|Favourite Actor||Bollywood: Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Govinda|
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio
|Favourite Actress||Bollywood: Kareena Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut|
Hollywood: Jennifer Lawrence
|Favourite Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Book||The Fault In Our Stars by John Green|
|Filmmakers||Sooraj Barjatya, Karan Johar|
|Favourite Cuisine||Chinese, Italian|
|Restaurant||Ellipsis in Mumbai|
|Favourite food||Fish, Ragi Chips, French Fries, Rasgulla, Dahi-Chawal, Moong Dal Halwa|
|Favourite Song||“Money On My Mind” by Sam Smith|
|Favourite Destination||Himachal Pradesh, London|
Alia Bhatt Education
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|Collage||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||High School Pass|
Alia Bhatt’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||$3.35 million (INR 25 crore as of 2018)|
|Salary||$1.342 million (INR 10 crore/film as of 2018)|
|Car Collection||Land Rover Range Rover Vogue|
Some Unknown facts about Alia Bhatt
- She drinks alcohol occasionally.
- Alia is an Atheist by religion.
- She suffers from Achluohobia, a fear of darkness.
- Alia is a good painter.
- She started dating Ranbir Kapoor during the making of Brahmastra in 2018. Moreover, she also revealed that she had a crush on him, since the age of 11.
- On 14 April 2022, the couple tied the knot in an intimate ceremony at the Vastu building in Mumbai.
- She is a huge fan of actress Kareena Kapoor.
- She hates eating hot beverages and food
- She appeared in the AIB’s short comedy video Genius of the Year.
- She endorsed numerous brands like Coca-Cola, Maybelline, and Garnier.
- She is addicted to curd.
- Alia has the habit to write a diary every night.
- She took part in numerous concert tours and stage shows.
- Alia is a close friend of designer Masaba Gupta and calls their girl’s gang as Spice Girls.