Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia known professionally as Akshay Kumar is an Indian-born naturalised Canadian actor, producer, martial artist and television personality who works in Bollywood, the commercial Hindi language film industry based chiefly in Mumbai, Akshay Kumar was born on 9 September 1967 in Amritsar, Punjab, India. He is an Martial Arts teacher before his career in Acting. He studied martial arts in Hong Kong, Akshay Kumar is a well known face in the bollywood industry. He does his own stunts in his films. His breakthrough performance was in Saugandh (1991). He was well known for his Khiladi series, an Indian version of James Bond, such as Mr. Bond (1992), Khiladi (1992), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi (1997) and Khiladi 420 (2000). He dated strings of his co-stars including Raveena Tandon, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Pooja Batra and Rekha. His recent critically acclaimed performances include Airlift (2016), Baby (2015) and Rustom (2016).
|Real Name||Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia|
|Nickname||Akki, Raju, Mac, Khiladi Kumar|
|Occupation||Actor(Hindi), Film Producer, Presenter|
|Birthplace||of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age||50 Years(as in 2017)|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1967|
|Hometown||of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Saugandh (1991) – Hindi Movie|
|Address||Address 1: 203 A Wing, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri(West), Mumbai 400053|
Address 2: Ground Floor, Juhu Prime Beach Apartment, Gandhigram Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049
|Hobbies||Collecting Posters of Old Bollywood Movies, Cooking, Martial Arts, Playing Volleyball and Cricket|
Akshay Kumar Career
- Famous bollywood star Akshay Kumar made his Bollywood acting debut in the year 1991 with the film Saugandh. In the year 1992 he again starred in the film Khiladi. After which in the year 1994 he acted in his first action film, Main Khiladi Tu Anari and then Mohra which were the highest-grossing films of the year, after that he signed Yash Chopra’s film Yeah Dillagi which again was a success.
- He received his first nomination for the Best Actor Award at the Filmfare and Star Screen ceremonies. Later, in the same year, Akshay acted in two films, Suhaag and Elaan which were also successful. He was then declared as one of the most successful actors of that year.
- In the year 1995, he starred in the film Sabse Bada Khiladi, which was a hit. He tasted success with the Khiladi series.
- In the year 1996 he again acted in a Khiladi series Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi which was again the highest grossing film of the year.
- In the year 1997, Akshay was seen in a supporting role in the film Dil To Pagal Hai, which gave him a Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award nomination. Then followed a comedy role in another Khiladi series, Mr and Mrs Khiladi, which failed at the box office.
- In the year 1999 he starred in the films Sangharsh and Jaanwar, which did not make any profit initially but made money later.
- In the year 2000 he acted in the film Hera Pheri, which was a hit. Then he acted in a romantic film Dhadkan which made average profit. In the same year he performed most dangerous stunts in Khiladi 420, where he climbed a running plane, stood on top of the plane flying a thousand feet in the air and jumped from the plane onto a hot air balloon.
- In 2001, for the first time Akshay played a negative role in the film Ajnabee. The film won him much acclaim as well as his first Filmfare Award for Best Villain. Then he played a blind man’s role in Aankhen.
In 2002 he went on to do some comedy films like Awara Paagal Deewana and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi in the year 2004 and Garam Masala in the year 2005. The films succeeded at the box office and then he won his second Filmfare Award, for Best Comedian.
- Akshay was seen in dramatic roles in films such as Ek Rishtaa in the year 2001, Aankhen in the year 2002, Bewafaa in the year 2005 and Waqt: The Race Against Time in the year 2005.
In the year 2006 he starred in the sequel of Hera Pheri, titled Phir Hera Pheri. The sequel became a huge success at the box office
- In the year 2007 he gave some four outright hits with no flops. His first release was Namastey London, which was a huge success and it earned him a Best Actor nomination at Filmfare Awards. This was followed by films like Heyy Babyy and Bhool Bhulaiyaa, which were box office successes. Next came Welcome which was extremely successful at the box office, receiving a blockbuster status and simultaneously becoming his fifth successive hit.
- In the year 2008, his first film Tashan, which was with Yash Raj Films after 11 years, flopped. Then he acted in the film Singh is Kinng which again was a huge success at the box office and broke the first-week worldwide record of Om Shanti Om. He did an animated film Jumbo. In that year he also came on the small screen, hosting a game show Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- Then in 2009 he acted in the film Chandni Chowk to China under Warner Bros – Rohan Sippy production, which was a flop. Then he acted in 8 x 10 Tasveer, which was again a flop. This was followed by Kambakkht Ishq and Blue. Blue collected about Rs 42 Crores at the box office. He then starred in De Dana Dan.
- In the year 2010 he starred in the film Housefull which made the second highest opening weekend collection of all time.
- In 2011 he starred in Patiala House and Thank You. His last film of 2011 was Rohit Dhawan-directed Desi Boyz (2011),
His first release of 2012 was Housefull 2, a sequel of his earlier comedy film Housefull. Kumar’s next film was the Prabhudeva-directed action drama Rowdy Rathore in which he played a double role opposite Sonakshi Sinha.
Akshay Kumar Family
Akshay Kumar was born in in Amritsar, Punjab, India, to Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia in a Punjabi family, His father was an army officer and his mother is a housemaker. From a young age, Kumar was very interested in sports. His father too enjoyed wrestling. He lived and grew up in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk and later he moved to Bombay when his father left Army to become an accountant with UNICEF. Soon, his sister was born and the family lived in Koliwada, a Punjabi dominated area of Central Bombay.
|Father||Hari Om Bhatia (Died)|
Akshay Kumar Relationship & Martial Status
Akshay Kumar was well-known for his playboy nature during his early days and before his marriage.He had a series of love affairs with most of the leading actresses of Bollywood. He was reported to have been in a relationship with Pooja Batra, Ayesha Jhulka, and Rekha. There were even rumours of him being engaged to Raveena Tandon after being in a relationship with her for 3 years. However, the couple broke up. Akshay and Shilpa Shetty were also alleged to be in a relationship for a year but the latter broke up with Kumar because of the fact that he was cheating over her with her best-friend Twinkle Khanna. Even after his marriage, Akshay was rumoured to be in a relationship with Priyanka. However, Twinkle’s decision of no longer allowing Akshay to work with Priyanka put an end to the speculations.
Akshay fell in love with Twinkle Khanna, daughter of Rajesh Khanna and Dimple Kapadia and, soon, they both tied a knot on 17 January 2001. The couple has a son, Aarav and a daughter, Nitara. Akshay is quite keen about his children’s privacy and often he avoids any media interactions with them; giving them a normal lifestyle.
|Marital Status||Married On 17 January 2001 with Twinkle Khanna (Actress 2001 – Present)|
|Girlfriends||Raveena Tandon (Actress)|
Pooja Batra (Actress)
Ayesha Jhulka (Actress)
Shilpa Shetty (Actress)
Priyanka Chopra (Actress)
Twinkle Khanna (Actress)
Akshay Kumar Physical Stats
|Height||in Feet-Inches- 5’ 11”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 82 kg|
|Body Measurements||42 – 34 – 16 Inches|
|Chest Size||42 Inches|
|Waist Size||34 Inches|
|Biceps Size||16 Inches|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Akshay Kumar Favourite
|Favorite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Jackie Chan|
|Favorite Actresses||Sridevi, Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Food(s)||Thai Green Chicken Curry, Home Made Punjabi Food, Chinese|
|Favorite Perfume||Cool Waters|
|Favorite Dessert||Indian Sweets|
Akshay Kumar Net Worth
|Salary (approx)||Rs 25 Crore / film|
|Income Between 1 June 2018 and 1 June 2019||$65 Million (Rs.466 Crores)|
|Net Worth||Rs 980 Crore|
Akshay Kumar Education And School, College
|Educational Qualification||College Drop-out|
|School||Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling|
|College/ University||Guru Nanak Khalsa College (King’s Circle)|
Akshay Kumar Awards
- In 2002, Akshay won the Best Villian in Filmfare Awards, IIFA Best Villian Award in IIFA Awards for his film ‘Ajnabee.’
- In 2003, Akshay was awarded as Celebrity Style Male in Bollywood Fashion Awards.
- In 2005, he was rewarded IIFA Best Comedian Award in IIFA Awards for his film ‘Mujse Shadi Karogi.’
- In 2006, Akshay was bestowed Best Comedian in Filmfare Awards and Best Comic Performance in Bollywood People’s Choice Awards for his film ‘Garam Masala.’Akshay
- In 2009, he was acclaimed Best Actor in Screen Awards for the film ‘Singh is Kinng.’
- In 2009, he was bestowed “Padma Shri” by the Government of India.
- In 2010, Akshay was rewarded Best Actor-Popular Award-Male, Best Actor-Searchlight Award-Male for his films ‘Blue’ and ‘8X10 Tasveer.’
- In 2011, he achieved Star of the Year- Male, Best Actor in a Comedy or Romance in Stardust Awards for his film ‘Housefull.’
- In 2012, he won Best Actor in a Comedy or Romance in Stardust Awards for his film ‘Desi Boyz.’
- In 2013, he was rewarded Star of the Year – Male in Stardust Awards for his films ‘Housefull 2’, ‘Rowdy Rathore’ and ‘OMG: Oh My God!’
- In 2013, he was acclaimed Best Actor in Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards for his film ‘Rowdy Rathore.’
- In 2014, Akshay was rewarded Box Office 1000 Crore Club Hero in Star Box Office India Awards.
- In 2015, he won Special Award in Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards for completing 25 years in the Industry.
- In 2016, he achieved Star of the Year-Male in Stardust Awards for his film ‘Baby.’
- In 2017, Akshay received Best Actor in National Film Awards for his film ‘Rustom.’
Some Unknow facts about Akshay Kumar
- While in Bangkok, Akshay worked at a restaurant named Metro Guest House with an initial salary of ₹1,500.
- He began his training in martial arts when he was in the 8th standard.
- Akshay is never seen partying late nights neither does he smoke or drink alcohol.
- During the initial phase of his career, Akshay shot a portfolio at a bungalow in Juhu, Mumbai, which he owns now.
- Akshay was hospitalized during the shoot of the film “Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi” when he lifted Brian Lee who weighed around 350 pounds, causing severe back pain.
- He criticized his own film Phir Hera Pheri which was the sequel of Hera Pheri as big nonsense, though the film was a blockbuster hit.
- Akshay does not like to be categorised as an ‘action’ or a ‘comedy’ hero.
- During his struggling days, Akshay went for an audition in Rajesh Khanna’s film “Jai Shiv Shankar” and waited at the sets for around 4 hours, but neither was he auditioned nor was he able to meet Rajesh Khanna.
- Akshay’s demand for huge compensation replaced him with Ajay Devgn in the film “Phool Aur Kaante.”
- Other than films, Akshay also hosted in numerous TV shows like Seven Deadly Arts with Akshay Kumar, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (Season 1,2,4), MasterChef India (Season 1), and Dare 2 Dance.
- Akshay was honoured “The Honorary Doctorate of Law” from the University of Windsor for his outstanding acting career and also he was listed among “The Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine” in the year 2018.
- Akshay Kumar is addressed as “New-Age Manoj Kumar aka Bharat Kumar” for his phenomenal performances in the films – Namastey London, Holiday, Baby, Gabbar Is Back, and Airlift.
- He featured in the role of police officer in 15 movies.
- Akshay Kumar rode a bike worth ₹1 million in the movie, OMG: Oh My God.
- He sang a Punjabi devotional song “Nirgun Raakh Liya” and all the profit that the album made, was donated to the victims of the train bombings of Mumbai.
- Akshay is fascinated by shoes and has more pairs than his wife Twinkle does.
- He is reported to be sentimental when it comes to his ‘firsts’ and still owns his first house, car, and motorcycle.
- Surprisingly, Akshay shares his birthday on the day of Shilpa Shetty’s husband, Raj Kundra.
- He learned Arabic for his role as a Kuwait-based businessman in Airlift.
- Akshay was the part of a few social awareness movies like Padman and Toilet: Ek Prem Katha.
- Akshay was held responsible for removing John Abraham’s in Garam Masala and Govinda’s role in Bhagam Bhag.
- Akshay was seen performing double roles in movies like Jai Kishan, Aflatoon, Khiladi 420, Chandni Chowk To China, and Rowdy Rathore.
- Actress Lara Dutta, while in Koffee with Karan, confessed about Akshay’s problem in dialogue delivery and also stated that the tactics used by his crew members like holding a piece of paper in front of him or sometimes on the costumes of the heroine, and many others.
- Prior to becoming a superstar in Bollywood, Akshay appeared as a martial arts instructor in Mahesh Bhatt’s film ‘Aaj’ in 1987.
- He has a tattoo with his wife’s name, Tina, on his left shoulder and a tattoo with his son’s name, Aarav, on his back.
- Though Akshay’s movie Gabbar is Back was a huge blockbuster, his daughter did not like his look with a long beard in the movie.
- His hobbies include Collecting Posters of Old Bollywood Movies, Cooking, Martial Arts, Playing Volleyball and Cricket.
- In an Instagram live session with wildlife adventurer Bear Grylls, he revealed that he drinks cow urine every day.
Akshay Kumar Social Profile
Akshay Kumar Instagram Profile
Akshay Kumar Twitter Profile
Trying my best to make the birthday girl smile. She’s clearly realised she’s turned a year older today 😂 Don’t worry Bhumi, hopefully you’re getting wiser as well😜 Happy birthday @bhumipednekar 🤗 pic.twitter.com/UJK5Mxcn7D— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) July 18, 2021